Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 MN OT Quinn Carroll (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
    not trolling, just someone's "other account"
    All clear on that front

Comment

• Originally posted by StPaul_Irish View Post
      I have like 3 friends
      Originally posted by SouthSideChiDomer View Post
      Perfect, you'll fit right in with the rest of the board

Comment

• Congrats to Mr. Carroll on his decision. The OL is really looking solid, which should be enticing to a RB or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by koonja View Post
          What original account are you guys thinking he is under?

I hate when people create fake or secondary accounts!
          Haha...

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
            Right? Totally inconceivable that a guy from Minnesota would wait for the Minnesota commitment before he really engages the board.

[implied italics]

[someone save this for #OldTakesExposed if he really does end up being an elaborate troll]
            wait you mean its Koon?
            Prehistoric

Comment

• So between the commits for this class and the 2018 OL haul, who are the LT candidates? Kristofic?

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                So between the commits for this class and the 2018 OL haul, who are the LT candidates? Kristofic?
                and Patterson per current analyst wisdom.

Comment

So between the commits for this class and the 2018 OL haul, who are the LT candidates? Kristofic?
                  Kristofic is a pure LT candidate IMO. His form in pass protection looks elite for a high school player. Great kick step, gets good extension and punch with his arms, and has light feet.

Olmstead looks like a great tackle candidate as well, his form in pass protection looks great. Is more physically mature at this stage than Kristophic. Definitely looks the part of a tackle.

I'm highest on Carol right now as a prospect but there's little to go by on what he looks like in pass protection in his tape. When I rewatched his junior highlights last night I can't remember a single rep on it in pass protection lol. In the rep or two on his sophomore tape he looks like he has the heaviest feet of the three but not bad enough too rule him out as a tackle prospect IMO, but if better tackle candidates are available might relegate him to guard. He does however maul the crap out of people head-up and still pulls well, so I think he starts at guard early for ND.
                  "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                  --Samuel L

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenToTheGrave View Post
                    Kristofic is a pure LT candidate IMO. His form in pass protection looks elite for a high school player. Great kick step, gets good extension and punch with his arms, and has light feet.

Olmstead looks like a great tackle candidate as well, his form in pass protection looks great. Is more physically mature at this stage than Kristophic. Definitely looks the part of a tackle.

I'm highest on Carol right now as a prospect but there's little to go by on what he looks like in pass protection in his tape. When I rewatched his junior highlights last night I can't remember a single rep on it in pass protection lol. In the rep or two on his sophomore tape he looks like he has the heaviest feet of the three but not bad enough too rule him out as a tackle prospect IMO, but if better tackle candidates are available might relegate him to guard. He does however maul the crap out of people head-up and still pulls well, so I think he starts at guard early for ND.
                    I agree on the assessment of Kristofic and Carroll, but haven't done too much study of Olmstead's tape. Kristofic looks natural at tackle, he just needs time to put on weight. Just like another PA tackle from about 5 years back...

I love Carroll's tape and immediately thought Kraemer/lesser Nelson. If he goes inside, he gets a lot of playing time Year 2 and could even start.

Comment

• is Q an EE?

Comment

I agree on the assessment of Kristofic and Carroll, but haven't done too much study of Olmstead's tape. Kristofic looks natural at tackle, he just needs time to put on weight. Just like another PA tackle from about 5 years back...

I love Carroll's tape and immediately thought Kraemer/lesser Nelson. If he goes inside, he gets a lot of playing time Year 2 and could even start.
                        Not just Q2, but ANY '18 or younger OL that starts before the class of '16/'17 guys leave a hole open are probably All Americans.

Eich, TK, Hainsey, Lugg, Banks & Gibbons?

That's the '27 Yankees for 95% of P5 programs, at ND, it's a couple of part time starters
                        and the scout team.

Comment

• Sorry if you thought I was trolling, totally not the case. Was trying to poke fun at MN people (since I am one).

Yes the timing was right on with MN guy coming on board, but had had a few posts before that.

Sorry if I ticked anyone off, I will temper my sense of humor.

Love Thee
                          " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

• If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                              is Q an EE?
                              There's only one Q until Mr. Carroll proves himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                Not just Q2, but ANY '18 or younger OL that starts before the class of '16/'17 guys leave a hole open are probably All Americans.

Eich, TK, Hainsey, Lugg, Banks & Gibbons?

That's the '27 Yankees for 95% of P5 programs, at ND, it's a couple of part time starters
                                and the scout team.
                                Yup, and I think Carroll can be.

Comment

Sorry if you thought I was trolling, totally not the case. Was trying to poke fun at MN people (since I am one).

Yes the timing was right on with MN guy coming on board, but had had a few posts before that.

Love Thee
                                  Don't you dare, it's too delicious that people actually think you are a troll. We've had some long-time visible trolls on this board and I know you aren't one.

But are you the split ego of a current poster? That idea has piqued my interest.
                                  Last edited by Veritate Duce Progredi; 05-02-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
                                    Don't you dare, it's too delicious that people actually think you are a troll. We've had some long-time visible trolls on this board and I know you aren't one.

But are you the split ego of a current poster? That idea has piqued my interest.
                                    Apparently we are BOTH from MN, so I guess I could be. That's some CIA level stuff and beyond my SCSU mental capacity.
                                    Truth be told, I am as die hard as it gets for ND, and have been reading this board forever
                                    I am jacked that we got a TOP OL guy and he is from MN.

From all accounts, QC is a great kid and humble as they come. You should read the message boards from Gopher fans, down right losing their mind that someone had the audacity to go on local TV and announce his decision to a school that isn't the hometown team. Very little class with that bunch.

I really am interested to see where he ends up on the line. I'd like him to stay at tackle and be a book end with Kristofic, but he is also a mauler who could play up inside. Time will tell I guess. 3/5 of the dream OL on the books?

Comment

Sorry if you thought I was trolling, totally not the case. Was trying to poke fun at MN people (since I am one).

Love Thee
                                      Keep posting as you do. I love the sarcasm!!

(Note this is not in italics)

Comment

I have like 3 friends
                                        Dawg, how'd you get so many??
                                        This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Love Thee
                                          Nothing to be sorry about. It was clear to me you were being sarcastic. Not your fault it went over their heads. Though, to keep it clear as day, may just want to use italics next time...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Love Thee
                                            all good man, just thought almost all of your posts were on this guy...you knew about the "sarcasm font" and have low posts so these things led me to believe as history on this board has taught me that these things usually mean another poster creating a 2nd account...carry on and post how you like
                                            EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• I thought he was pretty clearly mocking Minnesotans, and I thought it was funny, for whatever my opinion is worth.

More importantly... big pickup!

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                I'm trying to find you another one so you can have two, but I'm not having much luck. Maybe St Paul will offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                  Friend 1 - Wife

Friend 2 - Boy

Friend 3 - guy at work who I think uses me for money

Comment

Apparently we are BOTH from MN, so I guess I could be. That's some CIA level stuff and beyond my SCSU mental capacity.
                                                    Truth be told, I am as die hard as it gets for ND, and have been reading this board forever
                                                    I am jacked that we got a TOP OL guy and he is from MN.

From all accounts, QC is a great kid and humble as they come. You should read the message boards from Gopher fans, down right losing their mind that someone had the audacity to go on local TV and announce his decision to a school that isn't the hometown team. Very little class with that bunch.

I really am interested to see where he ends up on the line. I'd like him to stay at tackle and be a book end with Kristofic, but he is also a mauler who could play up inside. Time will tell I guess. 3/5 of the dream OL on the books?
                                                    Not from Minnesota, just understood your intention immediately. It's easy to connect with certain online personalities based on one's own default interpretation/understanding of them.

I thought your posts carried at least a standard deviation's worth of humor above the typical post here.

I never predict who'll play in a particular spot because we've seen Zack Martin as a tackle and a number of players move interior after being extolled as edge defenders.

Signing as many players like Quinn are what give us Joe Moore awards and many OL draft picks. Great pickup for us.

Comment

• Hell Yeah! Welcome to Notre Dame Quinn!

Comment

• From the hudl film, Quinn was playing mostly as a guard.

I won't be surprised if he replaces Kraemer in two years,

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopdog View Post
                                                          From the hudl film, Quinn was playing mostly as a guard.

I won't be surprised if he replaces Kraemer in two years,
                                                          Similar career path. Start at RT and then slide inside, if necessary.

Comment

• One of the bigger o-line pick ups in recent memory; could be the biggest pickup on the o-line since Nelson actually. Compared to last cycle, we have 3 guys that are pretty much guaranteed to be multi year starters in this class; Patterson could be a multi year starter but I think Dirksen and Jones have a long road to go.

I would like to see Quinn at RT or at guard personally. He's a mauler inside in his junior tape.

If you want to read a bunch of salty posts and drink some Gopher tears, read this glorious thread. The best parts are the last few pages.

Quinn to Announce Decision Live on KARE 11 May 1st
                                                            Last edited by arrowryan; 05-03-2018, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Minnesota has a fan message board...?!
                                                              I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

• Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                                                Minnesota has a fan message board...?!
                                                                Gopherhole.com
                                                                Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                  One of the bigger o-line pick ups in recent memory; could be the biggest pickup on the o-line since Nelson actually. Compared to last cycle, we have 3 guys that are pretty much guaranteed to be multi year starters in this class; Patterson could be a multi year starter but I think Dirksen and Jones have a long road to go.

I would like to see Quinn at RT personally. If you want to read a bunch of salty posts and drink some Gopher tears, read this glorious thread. The best parts are the last few pages.

Quinn to Announce Decision Live on KARE 11 May 1st
                                                                  Ha, one of my favorites:

I'd bet that the Gophers will have more OL drafted in the next 5 years than the Irish... and they will also have better seasons...
                                                                  Bless your heart.

Comment

• From their message board post #249.

Lol!!!

I'd bet that the Gophers will have more OL drafted in the next 5 years than the Irish... and they will also have better seasons...

That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it!

^^IL

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                                                      Gopherhole.com
                                                                      Oh i know they would have a message board. Just poking fun of Minnesota actually having one because they're...Minnesota.

Comment

Gopherhole.com
                                                                        thought that was ACAMP's sexcam site?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
                                                                          thought that was ACAMP's sexcam site?
                                                                          <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/pQmWjYrz39YAg" width="480" height="269" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/burn-arizona-jan-brewer-pQmWjYrz39YAg">via GIPHY</a></p>

Comment

Gopherhole.com
                                                                            It's always fun to read other teams' forums. Makes me wonder how non-domers perceive us

Comment

• Originally posted by ndbroski View Post
                                                                              Makes me wonder how non-domers perceive us
                                                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• didn't see this posted and I hadn't seen it until now...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xB7o040HXW8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                                                Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• The funniest part of the responses on the message board over there are all the people talking about what a huge "doosh" and attention-seeking, and deification....

I mean watch the clip. He was on with local sports guy, not in a room with hundreds of his supporters, and the sports guy probably talked longer than Quinn did in that whole 3:45. If he was truly as bad as they talked, he would have been on one of the ESPNs and pulled a bus away from a fishing hole and pulled out a trout with the chosen school's logo while pumping out beats fro (insert hottest music star among high scoolers right now) with laser lights and fireworks and so forth and so on...

I guy who sat for a super short interview with local sports guy does not come off to me like a big attention seeking "doosh".

Plus those posters there seem to think all we get are 5 star guys and should be winning NCs every other year. Like we are clones of Alabama or pOSU...seriously...
                                                                                  Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• Originally posted by connor_in View Post
                                                                                    The funniest part of the responses on the message board over there are all the people talking about what a huge "doosh" and attention-seeking, and deification....

I mean watch the clip. He was on with local sports guy, not in a room with hundreds of his supporters, and the sports guy probably talked longer than Quinn did in that whole 3:45. If he was truly as bad as they talked, he would have been on one of the ESPNs and pulled a bus away from a fishing hole and pulled out a trout with the chosen school's logo while pumping out beats fro (insert hottest music star among high scoolers right now) with laser lights and fireworks and so forth and so on...

I guy who sat for a super short interview with local sports guy does not come off to me like a big attention seeking "doosh".

Plus those posters there seem to think all we get are 5 star guys and should be winning NCs every other year. Like we are clones of Alabama or pOSU...seriously...
                                                                                    If I ever call a kid a doosh for committing to anothe school, I need to be perma banned. No reason to be that upset at recruiting.
                                                                                    Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
                                                                                      If I ever call a kid a doosh for committing to anothe school, I need to be perma banned. No reason to be that upset at recruiting.
                                                                                      I'm guessing if we looked back at Blake Barnett's thread, there were probably some similar type comments from the IE faithful.

Comment

• Kid is huge already. Wait until he has a couple of years of S&C AT ND under his belt.

Comment

• I will try to get some first hand accounts of him this fall. Might even listen to the crowd chatter.

ND has had a lot of success with MN guys in the past, I think that continues here.

Comment

• Quinn's currently #33 on Rivals. #33 was a 5 star in both '18 & '17.

Comment

• I've always had a soft spot for the Gophers. Closest FBS school. Quirky mascot. Perennial underdog. Yet i got a dick satisfaction seeing them pout about a highly rated kid leaving the state. Minnesota rarely, if ever, keeps their best kids in state. To make it worse, they miss on a ton of kids who would kill to be gophers who end up at North/South Dakota St and turn into good players.
                                                                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Nice article by ISD talking to Quinn's Dad about the decision process

Carroll & Co. Comfortable With Choice

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                                                  Kid is huge already. Wait until he has a couple of years of S&C AT ND under his belt.
                                                                                                  My thoughts as well. Kid does not look like a "round" lineman at his age, which can be common. Very much a Mcglinchy esque figure if you will.

I am so fired up over this class. Hope 2018 is a good one for us!
                                                                                                  When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. - Max McGee

Comment

• "Mr. Carroll said the current players on the roster reminded him and his wife of their own son.

“It’s like they’re cut out of a similar mold,” he explained. “I think Quinn just felt at home with the players, so that made us feel good.”

A reflection on the change in recruiting strategy BK made not too long ago.

Comment

• Down 12 spots to #54 on Rivals. He was at #42? Dang.

* We hadn't posted in this thread in 7 months??? Double Dang.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X