Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 MN OT Quinn Carroll (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Took an OV to VT last weekend. Is at PSU currently for an OV. And, will be at ND for his OV this weekend. I like that he's getting his OV's done early. Would think a commitment is shortly after he takes his OV's.

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
    He has everyone but Lacey as Foggy.
    Last I saw he had Lacey as a soft lean. Was worried Dad was not fully on board.

Leave a comment:

• ab2cmiller
    replied
    Originally posted by OCIrish View Post
    Has Jerboski put his Crystal Ball in yet????
    He has everyone but Lacey as Foggy.

Leave a comment:

• OCIrish
    replied
    Has Jerboski put his Crystal Ball in yet????

Leave a comment:

• beryirish
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    We had one Quinn that turned out to be pretty good. No reason we can't have another.
    Yup, Jeff Quinn was a great hire :)

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    We had one Quinn that turned out to be pretty good. No reason we can't have another.

Leave a comment:

• Ultimate Penn St. Hater
    replied
    Does he have a decision date set?

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
    The real problem is the free deck he built for the Carrolls. Who builds a deck with overstocked kitchen spoons from Bed Bath & Beyond?
    I hope he was up front about the need to oil them once per month. Lack of care can wreck a spoon deck.

Leave a comment:

• irishnd31
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
    I'd have to say it's Koon right now. I heard that Quinn is not happy at all that he's not part of Koon's bod squad.
    The real problem is the free deck he built for the Carrolls. Who builds a deck with overstocked kitchen spoons from Bed Bath & Beyond?

Leave a comment:

• Irish Man3
    replied
    Minnesota would be the biggest "threat"

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
    Even though we currently have all the CBs, who do you think is our biggest threat?
    I'd have to say it's Koon right now. I heard that Quinn is not happy at all that he's not part of Koon's bod squad.

Leave a comment:

• jspags10pg
    replied
    Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
    Even though we currently have all the CBs, who do you think is our biggest threat?
    Jerboski

Leave a comment:

• dad4aa
    replied
    Another CB from Buckeye analyst, Andrew Ellis.

ND now up 13-0 in the 4Q of the 2018 Crystal Ball Bowl.

Cautiously optimistic but to be clear, I don't have a source.

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    Make that 14-0. Bill Greene added another one.

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    Another CB from Buckeye analyst, Andrew Ellis.

ND now up 13-0 in the 4Q of the 2018 Crystal Ball Bowl.

Cautiously optimistic but to be clear, I don't have a source.

Leave a comment:

• NDdomer2
    replied
    Can't wait for commitment day, this thread will have me

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    Originally posted by jerboski View Post
    Better check those texas sites, if you haven't your not informed on this one... Visiting UT March 24, lot of pro Texas tweets and Texas coaching staff and mods think they are engaging as a strong player for his commitment. Take it how you want
    Yeah, I'm always the last to know... but I'm on the inside now!

Leave a comment:

• snoopdog
    replied
    I always wait until signing day before I start counting chickens....but to be honest I really enjoy the recruiting period and all the drama that goes along with it.

Leave a comment:

• jerboski
    replied
    So now NaNa isn't a lean?

#SkyDoneFell
    Better check those texas sites, if you haven't your not informed on this one... Visiting UT March 24, lot of pro Texas tweets and Texas coaching staff and mods think they are engaging as a strong player for his commitment. Take it how you want

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    I told you ND would most likely land him, I am also telling you to chill on all the NaNa sunshine pumping that happens here... But take it how you want too, after all why would you listen to this narcissist.
    So now NaNa isn't a lean?

#SkyDoneFell

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I personally think he's a silent commit to ND. No info.

Leave a comment:

• jerboski
    replied
    Originally posted by Rocket 94 View Post
    Always have to be the contrarian even when the evidence shows otherwise. Then you can come on here and say I told you so. Look at me! Look at me! Being a narcissist is not very becoming.
    I told you ND would most likely land him, I am also telling you to chill on all the NaNa sunshine pumping that happens here... But take it how you want too, after all why would you listen to this narcissist.

Leave a comment:

• Rocket 94
    replied
    Irish are the leader, he has taken no less that 6 visits to Minnesota within the last year.... Again, he will most likely be ND, it is not a done deal. Minnesota and OSU still have a say and he is looking at them. What "Source" do you have that says anything different, a few CB's don't mean jack shit
    Always have to be the contrarian even when the evidence shows otherwise. Then you can come on here and say I told you so. Look at me! Look at me! Being a narcissist is not very becoming.

Leave a comment:

• connor_in
    replied
    I am hearing both "this recruitment is close" and "it ain't close"/"it's not close"
    source

*this post is sarcasm*
    Last edited by connor_in; 03-09-2018, 03:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jerboski
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
    It's not close. Just another message board member with a "source"

Stating that it's "close" is a cop out as it is..... What school is close? Based on what? Seems like boldly taking the field after the mention of a top 6....

The ONLY reason this isn't a done deal already was because of the shakeup in the coaching staff.

Once Quinn settles in and they talk a bit more, it'll be over.
    Irish are the leader, he has taken no less that 6 visits to Minnesota within the last year.... Again, he will most likely be ND, it is not a done deal. Minnesota and OSU still have a say and he is looking at them. What "Source" do you have that says anything different, a few CB's don't mean jack shit

Leave a comment:

• Irish Man3
    replied
    It's not close. Just another message board member with a "source"

Stating that it's "close" is a cop out as it is..... What school is close? Based on what? Seems like boldly taking the field after the mention of a top 6....

The ONLY reason this isn't a done deal already was because of the shakeup in the coaching staff.

Once Quinn settles in and they talk a bit more, it'll be over.

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    Originally posted by KizerWilhelm View Post
    Another CB, this time from a Gopher guy.

If this is "close," no one but message board commentators seem to be seeing it.
    It ain't close. The Carroll's have been waiting generations to get a family member into the Irish Football program.

The wait is almost over, just have to play by the new recruiting time table rules brought to us by the early OV's.

Leave a comment:

• KizerWilhelm
    replied
    Another CB, this time from a Gopher guy.

If this is "close," no one but message board commentators seem to be seeing it.

Leave a comment:

• jerboski
    replied
    Originally posted by Rocket 94 View Post
    Good lord you are here too? Your act is getting old on 247 and now you are here. Your hyperbole and hand wringing is so damn old.
    Long time IE member....So yes, I am here too

Leave a comment:

• Rocket 94
    replied
    Yes, get to know the posters... Good advice

This recruitment is close, ND needs to win it and I think it will... I'm clearly stating it is closer than assumed, nothing more, nothing less
    Good lord you are here too? Your act is getting old on 247 and now you are here. Your hyperbole and hand wringing is so damn old.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Originally posted by beryirish View Post
    You need to broaden your examples. All of those just made reference to Koon.
    To his credit, he was fairly optimistic and rightfully so at the end of last cycle.

Leave a comment:

• NDMIA
    replied
    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    Yea, we're in a good spot. Got to know the posters and what their narrative is going to be. It's the same song and dance every single year, as if this was the first time.

According to some, ND isn't going to land anyone. We had a staff of terrible recruiters with a lazy head coach last spring, right before we landed several recruits. We NEVER close on NSD, right before crushed it. At this point, our class is going to consist of like 5 prospects because we can't recruit.
    QB - Tom Rees - In his first ever year recruiting, he's pulled in an unreal QB recruit in Phil Jurkovec, is in it for a bunch of 4* prospects in '19 (Max Duggan, McNamara, etc.), and has ND in the lead for the QB with the most offers in 2020 Drew Pyne. So he's doing fine recruiting.

RB - Autry Denson - Has brought in Tony Jones Jr, Deon McIntosh, CJ Holmes, Jahmir Smith, and C'Bo Flemister. I would say that lacks some top end recruits in terms of rankings, but for some guys it takes a year or two or three to hit their stride at ND in recruiting. He has ND in it for Chez Mellusi, Sampson James, and Austin Jones among others in 2019. Might not have the "big time recruiter" label just yet, but not many guys outwork him on the trail.

WR - DelVaughn Alexander - This dude was a big time recruiter at Arizona State and just brought in one of the highest rated WR groups in a long time at ND. Not much more need be said.

OC/TE - Chip Long - Purely taken from II Podcasts, but Long has been described as a "dog" on the trail by Pete Sampson, Tom Loy, and Kevin Sinclair. The proof of that work is in the fact that he brought in George Takacs & Tommy Tremble to an already loaded TE room and helped with the rest of the offensive recruiting in a very good class.

OL - Jeff Quinn - Not much evidence of recruiting ability at past stops, but so far so good on the 2019 class and how he was able to close Jarrett Patterson & Luke Jones in 2018. In 2019, Quinn has ND in pole position with Quinn Carroll & John Olmstead and in good position with Bryan Hudson, Zeke Correll, and Harry Miller. I think he'll turn out to be known as a good recruiter

DL - Mike Elston - Last 7 recruiting cycles, Elston has ended in the top 80 on 247sports recruiting rankings 6 out of 7 years. Only a handful of guys in the entire country fit that category. Probably the best recruiter on the entire staff of good recruiters.

DC/LB - Clark Lea - In his first year at ND, brought in one of the best LBer hauls in the country (similar to DelVaughn Alexander above). In 2019, he's further cemented ND as a player in the mid-atlantic region (Litchfield Ajavon, Brandon Smith, Osita Ekwonu, Cam'Ron Kelly, Salim Turner-Muhammad), and is looking to bring in another solid LBer class.

CB - Todd Lyght - Similar to Autry Denson, it may have taken a year or so to get acclimated, but boy has this dude turned it on. Oh, and even tho he may have gotten more comfortable recently, he did bring in Jalen Elliott, Donte Vaughn, Troy Pride Jr, and Julian Love in his first year. Now he's got the ball rolling with the big boys as he helped pull in Noah Boykin, Derrik Allen, and Houston Griffith to the DB room. The 2019 class is no different in that ND is targeting big time DB recruits and sitting pretty with a bunch (KJ Wallace [Committed], Litchfield Ajavon, Cam'Ron Kelly, Kenyatta Watson, Wesley Walker, and Raymond Woodie III).

S - Terry Joseph - At Texas A&M, Nebraska, and Tennessee, Coach Joseph was competing with the big boys for the biggest recruits and he had quite a bit of success in landing some big time stars. He's been a recruiting coordinator and is as good of a recruiter as Coach Kelly could have found for the Safeties Coach position this offseason.

ST - Brian Polian - Jimmy Clausen, Dayne Crist, Manti Te'o, and Kyle Rudolph. Primary recruiter for all of them. Need I say more...

Leave a comment:

• beryirish
    replied
    Yea, we're in a good spot. Got to know the posters and what their narrative is going to be. It's the same song and dance every single year, as if this was the first time.

According to some, ND isn't going to land anyone. We had a staff of terrible recruiters with a lazy head coach last spring, right before we landed several recruits. We NEVER close on NSD, right before crushed it. At this point, our class is going to consist of like 5 prospects because we can't recruit.
    You need to broaden your examples. All of those just made reference to Koon.

Leave a comment:

• jerboski
    replied

Yes, get to know the posters... Good advice

This recruitment is close, ND needs to win it and I think it will... I'm clearly stating it is closer than assumed, nothing more, nothing less

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied

Leave a comment:

• snoopdog
    replied
    This recruitment is closer than some are saying... Quinn needs to pull this one out
    I have it on good/great authority this deal is 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 999999999999999999% done for Notre Dame

well Crus said 100%, but I have a .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 chance of Quinn deciding to go a Nepalese mountain peak to find the meaning of life.
    Last edited by snoopdog; 03-08-2018, 12:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jerboski
    replied
    This recruitment is closer than some are saying... Quinn needs to pull this one out

Leave a comment:

• ab2cmiller
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    How did he come up with VT with all of the other B1G schools and ND? Just doesn't seem like a good fit.
    Brother went to VT and was a long snapper.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    How did he come up with VT with all of the other B1G schools and ND? Just doesn't seem like a good fit.

Leave a comment:

• beryirish
    replied
    Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
    Id say its Minnesota vs. Notre Dame with VT and OSU hanging around.
    He looks more like a guy that would rather burn the boats than row them. I like ND's chances then.

Leave a comment:

• NDMIA
    replied
    Id say its Minnesota vs. Notre Dame with VT and OSU hanging around.

Leave a comment:

• Rizzophil
    replied
    I don’t see him at PSU or V Tech

Leave a comment:

• Henges24
    replied
    Ehhhhhh

A Top 6er. Didn't think he was one of those.

Is it just me or is he starring at Penn St??? ND's right in front of you Quinn... LOOK UP!
    Wrrooong. He's actually staring through Penn State at VT.

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    Ehhhhhh

A Top 6er. Didn't think he was one of those.

Is it just me or is he starring at Penn St??? ND's right in front of you Quinn... LOOK UP!

Leave a comment:

• ResLife Hero
    replied
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;m truly grateful to every school that has offered me a scholarship, and it&#39;s been an honor getting to know every coach who has recruited me. That said, after much prayer and many conversations with my family, these are the six programs that I will be considering moving forward. <a href="https://t.co/4pGteCi8Sd">pic.twitter.com/4pGteCi8Sd</a></p>&mdash; Quinn Carroll (@q_ocarroll) <a href="https://twitter.com/q_ocarroll/status/971493769760641025?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 7, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
    Is there any reason why there have been a lot of ND cb predictions have been coming in the last 48 hours? It seems like Notre Dame has been the perceived leader ever since they offered, but a lot of guys are just now putting in their predictions.

Hopefully he commits soon.
    He visited last weekend with his GF and her family. Sounds like the ND vibe is only getting stronger since that visit.

Leave a comment:

• arrowryan
    replied
    Is there any reason why there have been a lot of ND cb predictions have been coming in the last 48 hours? It seems like Notre Dame has been the perceived leader ever since they offered, but a lot of guys are just now putting in their predictions.

Hopefully he commits soon.

Leave a comment:

• Veritate Duce Progredi
    replied
    Hell, just give us enough quality DEs to be top 20 and I'll be thrilled since it's always been an achilles heel for us.

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    Originally posted by koonja View Post
    I hope he plays OT, because OT is becoming the "DE" of the offense in regards to recruiting.

We signed almost all guard-first prospects last year, while needing a sure-fire OT. We can't do the same this cycle.
    Come on now.

When ND can land DE's that look like their current OT position group cycles, they'll be Bamaesque.

Q
    Bars
    Tillery
    Kraemer
    Eichenberg
    Hainsey
    Lugg
    Banks
    Patterson
    Dirksen
    Jones

That's an absolutely filthy haul in 5 year, OL recruiting cycle. Last time I compared it to the other heavy hitters, it was #1. That's when I posted the... Welcome to O-Line U thread.

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X