Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 MN OT Quinn Carroll (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up until last night, no one knew where Romeo Langford was going to school. He held his announcement last night in an open gym so several thousand rabid IU fans could attend. He wasn't going to do that and announce he was going to Vandy or Kansas only to get smothered with boos. Carroll is doing it on TV, but it's a local audience. I hope the CB's are spot on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
      Up until last night, no one knew where Romeo Langford was going to school. He held his announcement last night in an open gym so several thousand rabid IU fans could attend. He wasn't going to do that and announce he was going to Vandy or Kansas only to get smothered with boos. Carroll is doing it on TV, but it's a local audience. I hope the CB's are spot on.
      Well, that's a little different. Archie is just using some of his brothers tricks. I guess maybe Fleck could too.

Comment

Up until last night, no one knew where Romeo Langford was going to school. He held his announcement last night in an open gym so several thousand rabid IU fans could attend. He wasn't going to do that and announce he was going to Vandy or Kansas only to get smothered with boos. Carroll is doing it on TV, but it's a local audience. I hope the CB's are spot on.
        Once again, this is not the Carroll situation. As you said, there was a lot of uncertainty with Langford, CB's all over the place until IU started with a little momentum in the middle of April.

ND has had 100% of the CB's for about 2 months. Has anyone had 16 predictions for one school and the kid picks another in a shocker, probably, but that is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Rarely does an announcement come as a total surprise, usually info will leak and CB's will start to flip. Just keep an eye on the CB's throughout the day.

Comment

The difference IMO is about the timing, most of Romeo's peers commited ages ago and the setting for him last night was all about him staying home. So if Quinn Carroll was doing his announcement in the same fashion late in the process then I would think he's staying home but doing it at this time IMO doesn't point to anything or anywhere.

Also Fleck took the Minnesota job as a stepping stone job to prove himself for a true top flight job so he's either gone fairly soon to a bigger and better job or he's still there and is vastly under performing.

Comment

• Uh-oh.

5 quick CB's for Minnesota in the last 10 minutes.

Daggumit!

Comment

• Just kidding. One of the Penn state guys added one for ND.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                Uh-oh.

5 quick CB's for Minnesota in the last 10 minutes.

Daggumit!
                That was almost neg rep worthy!

Comment

• Originally posted by arrowryan View Post

Comment

• Let's see how fast we can get NDC's rep bar RED.
                    I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

• If it wasn't for how hard Crusader works his ass off, keeping us all updated, I would neg the crap out of him.

I will let it slide just this once.

Comment

• What did Davonte do?

Comment

• NDNation here I come!

Comment

• I might have to neg myself over that Tom Cruise gif. That f***er's SO annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                              Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                              Let's see how fast we can get NDC's rep bar RED.
                              Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                              If it wasn't for how hard Crusader works his ass off, keeping us all updated, I would neg the crap out of him.

I will let it slide just this once.
                              Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                              I laughed my arse off. Reps my man.

Comment

NDNation here I come!

Comment

I might have to neg myself over that Tom Cruise gif. That f***er's SO annoying.
                                  That gif is freaking hilarious and well used.
                                  Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

Comment

You got that s**t right!

Comment

• Originally posted by irish4ever View Post
                                      You got that s**t right!

Comment

He's probably worse than annoying. Cruise was the inspiration for Patrick Bateman in Bret Easton Ellis' book, which is why the author made him one of the killers neighbors in his posh apartment building. And Christian Bale used Cruise's trademark "intense friendliness with nothing behind the eyes" as his inspiration for Bateman on the screen. And then there's the scientology...

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                          He's probably worse than annoying. Cruise was the inspiration for Patrick Bateman in Bret Easton Ellis' book, which is why the author made him one of the killers neighbors in his posh apartment building. And Christian Bale used Cruise's trademark "intense friendliness with nothing behind the eyes" as his inspiration for the Bateman on the screen. And then there's the scientology...
                                          <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-rzRH11G3vc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Quinn's announcement on the Minneapolis NBC affiliate. Coincidence?

Comment

• http://shamasportsheadliners.com/age...ith-cb-newman/

Sounds like Edina’s Quinn Carroll will announce Notre Dame as his college choice tonight on KARE 11. The offensive tackle is among the most sought after prep players in the country for the class of 2019 and he has shown considerable interest in the Golden Gophers, but I will be surprised if Carroll doesn’t verbally commit to the Fighting Irish during the 10 p.m. newscast of the Minneapolis NBC affiliate.

“I would be absolutely flabbergasted if it’s not the Notre Dame Fighting Irish,” said Ryan Burns of GopherIllustrated.com. “They’ve been the consensus favorite here for many months.”

Burns believes Notre Dame’s football prestige and the Catholic focus of the school favors an ultimate commitment for the Irish. “It also doesn’t hurt that Notre Dame just had two offensive linemen go in the top nine picks of the NFL Draft, while Minnesota hasn’t had an offensive lineman drafted since 2006,” Burns said.

Carroll’s dad, Jay, was a tight end for the Gophers and named the team’s Outstanding Offensive Player in 1983. Burns estimates the younger Carroll has visited the Minnesota campus more than 10 times since Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck was hired in January of 2017. “It’s not every day you see a guy keep coming back to campus…and not end up choosing the University of Minnesota,” Burns said about so many unofficial visits.

Burns predicts the Gophers will finish as Carroll’s No. 2 choice. As of late the Gophers have been “bridesmaids” on high profile recruits including Council Bluffs, Iowa quarterback Max Duggan who chose TCU.

Comment

• It's about that time...

What better way to grab Quinn Carroll than Octopus tacos?

Comment

• Burns believes Notre Dame’s football prestige and the Catholic focus of the school favors an ultimate commitment for the Irish. “It also doesn’t hurt that Notre Dame just had two offensive linemen go in the top nine picks of the NFL Draft, while Minnesota hasn’t had an offensive lineman drafted since 2006,” Burns said.
                                                  I find this pretty mind blowing. A P5 school in the b10 can't get a single guy drafted from a position group that has 5 players on the field? For over a decade? Wow.

Comment

• How early into the broadcast should we know?
                                                    “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                                                    ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• 247 Announcement countdown was assuming that it was a 10:00 pm Eastern time announcement.

I would be surprised if that is true. I'm assuming it will be 10:00 Central which would mean we would be waiting another hour.

Not really sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDLightning35 View Post
                                                        How early into the broadcast should we know?
                                                        Is he central or mountain time?
                                                        Last edited by connor_in; 05-01-2018, 09:07 PM. Reason: Never mind...great minds
                                                        Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• Why is he doing it so late? It's a school night for him.

Comment

• QC, Quinn Carroll, Quality Control

Comment

• Hurry up son. Some of us, like Wooly, are old and don't stay up. Others like me fall asleep after a couple beers...

Comment

• Is there a link?
                                                                When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. - Max McGee

Comment

• Originally posted by D-BOE34 View Post
                                                                  Is there a link?
                                                                  https://www.kare11.com/

WATCH LiVE in the upper-right in ~25 mins

Comment

• Expect good news.

Comment

• Definitely has my favorite tape between him, Kristofic, and Olmstead

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Try this link
                                                                        https://www.kare11.com/video/news/li...deo/89-1586990

Comment

• Deano's getting restless...

Comment

• <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l4KhIS7A1HswgSm7C" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/mountain-dew-talladega-nights-jacked-up-l4KhIS7A1HswgSm7C"></a></p>
                                                                            "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• Are we having technical difficulties?

Comment

• Announcing after the break!

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                                                  Announcing after the break!
                                                                                  I guess we have to learn how to take KARE of our money first.

Comment

• what kind of shit news station is this?

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                                                                      I guess we have to learn how to take KARE of our money first.
                                                                                      Snowball method sounds stupid. Isn't the best thing to pay off your highest interest rate loans first?

Comment

• finally here we go
                                                                                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• b00m! Fleck who??

Comment

• BOOM

Comment

• Boom!

Comment

• The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/LLHkw7UnvY3Kw" width="380" height="380" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/kid-dances-jumbotron-LLHkw7UnvY3Kw"></a></p>
                                                                                                  "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• Wow, loved that reveal and love that he's IRISH!!!!

Comment

• Kapooooowwww boooooooommmmm

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X