Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 MN OT Quinn Carroll (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by koonja View Post
    I think they're BFFs actually. I don't know that though. Anyone confirm/deny?
    I can confirm with 100% accuracy that I have no freaking idea. :)
    Our Lady Queen of Victory. #Bring back THE KOON!!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by condoms SUCk View Post
      I can confirm with 100% accuracy that I have no freaking idea. :)
      You use this line with alarming frequency on a broad spectrum of topics.







      KIDDING!!!!!!
      Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

      Comment


      • After watching his tape, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays guard in college. I don't say this because I don't think he would be a good tackle, I think this because he looks like a mauler on the interior of his o-line.

        Comment


        • I'm going to stick with RT, for now. Though not a lot of footage of him playing either guard or pass pro at RT. Maybe he'll do some camps where we can get a better feel for his skillset on the outside.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
            After watching his tape, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays guard in college. I don't say this because I don't think he would be a good tackle, I think this because he looks like a mauler on the interior of his o-line.
            I'vebeen saying this for almost a year and have caught shit for it. I see him as a guy who could be a a very good OT in college but what I see is someone who could be Q. Nelson like as a OG.

            Comment


            • He's actually the #6 OT and 33 overall on Rivals currently. Probably just outside 5 star range. Would be a yuuuuge get.
              60% of the time, it works every time.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ricochet View Post
                I'vebeen saying this for almost a year and have caught shit for it. I see him as a guy who could be a a very good OT in college but what I see is someone who could be Q. Nelson like as a OG.
                So like Zach Martin? Although he was an elite college LT too

                Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • I hope he plays OT, because OT is becoming the "DE" of the offense in regards to recruiting.

                  We signed almost all guard-first prospects last year, while needing a sure-fire OT. We can't do the same this cycle.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                    I hope he plays OT, because OT is becoming the "DE" of the offense in regards to recruiting.

                    We signed almost all guard-first prospects last year, while needing a sure-fire OT. We can't do the same this cycle.
                    Come on now.

                    When ND can land DE's that look like their current OT position group cycles, they'll be Bamaesque.

                    Q
                    Bars
                    Tillery
                    Kraemer
                    Eichenberg
                    Hainsey
                    Lugg
                    Banks
                    Patterson
                    Dirksen
                    Jones

                    That's an absolutely filthy haul in 5 year, OL recruiting cycle. Last time I compared it to the other heavy hitters, it was #1. That's when I posted the... Welcome to O-Line U thread.

                    Comment


                    • Hell, just give us enough quality DEs to be top 20 and I'll be thrilled since it's always been an achilles heel for us.

                      Comment


                      • Is there any reason why there have been a lot of ND cb predictions have been coming in the last 48 hours? It seems like Notre Dame has been the perceived leader ever since they offered, but a lot of guys are just now putting in their predictions.

                        Hopefully he commits soon.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                          Is there any reason why there have been a lot of ND cb predictions have been coming in the last 48 hours? It seems like Notre Dame has been the perceived leader ever since they offered, but a lot of guys are just now putting in their predictions.

                          Hopefully he commits soon.
                          He visited last weekend with his GF and her family. Sounds like the ND vibe is only getting stronger since that visit.

                          Comment


                          • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;m truly grateful to every school that has offered me a scholarship, and it&#39;s been an honor getting to know every coach who has recruited me. That said, after much prayer and many conversations with my family, these are the six programs that I will be considering moving forward. <a href="https://t.co/4pGteCi8Sd">pic.twitter.com/4pGteCi8Sd</a></p>&mdash; Quinn Carroll (@q_ocarroll) <a href="https://twitter.com/q_ocarroll/status/971493769760641025?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 7, 2018</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                            Comment


                            • Ehhhhhh

                              A Top 6er. Didn't think he was one of those.

                              Is it just me or is he starring at Penn St??? ND's right in front of you Quinn... LOOK UP!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                Ehhhhhh

                                A Top 6er. Didn't think he was one of those.

                                Is it just me or is he starring at Penn St??? ND's right in front of you Quinn... LOOK UP!
                                Wrrooong. He's actually staring through Penn State at VT.
                                "Fvck Michigan" - The World

                                Comment


                                • I don’t see him at PSU or V Tech

                                  Comment


                                  • Id say its Minnesota vs. Notre Dame with VT and OSU hanging around.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                                      Id say its Minnesota vs. Notre Dame with VT and OSU hanging around.
                                      He looks more like a guy that would rather burn the boats than row them. I like ND's chances then.
                                      I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

                                      Comment


                                      • How did he come up with VT with all of the other B1G schools and ND? Just doesn't seem like a good fit.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                          How did he come up with VT with all of the other B1G schools and ND? Just doesn't seem like a good fit.
                                          Brother went to VT and was a long snapper.

                                          Comment


                                          • This recruitment is closer than some are saying... Quinn needs to pull this one out

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by jerboski View Post
                                              This recruitment is closer than some are saying... Quinn needs to pull this one out
                                              I have it on good/great authority this deal is 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 999999999999999999% done for Notre Dame

                                              well Crus said 100%, but I have a .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 chance of Quinn deciding to go a Nepalese mountain peak to find the meaning of life.
                                              Last edited by snoopdog; 03-08-2018, 12:03 PM.

                                              Comment


                                              • Yea, we're in a good spot. Got to know the posters and what their narrative is going to be. It's the same song and dance every single year, as if this was the first time.

                                                According to some, ND isn't going to land anyone. We had a staff of terrible recruiters with a lazy head coach last spring, right before we landed several recruits. We NEVER close on NSD, right before crushed it. At this point, our class is going to consist of like 5 prospects because we can't recruit.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                  Yea, we're in a good spot. Got to know the posters and what their narrative is going to be. It's the same song and dance every single year, as if this was the first time.

                                                  According to some, ND isn't going to land anyone. We had a staff of terrible recruiters with a lazy head coach last spring, right before we landed several recruits. We NEVER close on NSD, right before crushed it. At this point, our class is going to consist of like 5 prospects because we can't recruit.
                                                  Yes, get to know the posters... Good advice

                                                  This recruitment is close, ND needs to win it and I think it will... I'm clearly stating it is closer than assumed, nothing more, nothing less

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                    Yea, we're in a good spot. Got to know the posters and what their narrative is going to be. It's the same song and dance every single year, as if this was the first time.

                                                    According to some, ND isn't going to land anyone. We had a staff of terrible recruiters with a lazy head coach last spring, right before we landed several recruits. We NEVER close on NSD, right before crushed it. At this point, our class is going to consist of like 5 prospects because we can't recruit.
                                                    You need to broaden your examples. All of those just made reference to Koon.
                                                    I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                      Yea, we're in a good spot. Got to know the posters and what their narrative is going to be. It's the same song and dance every single year, as if this was the first time.

                                                      According to some, ND isn't going to land anyone. We had a staff of terrible recruiters with a lazy head coach last spring, right before we landed several recruits. We NEVER close on NSD, right before crushed it. At this point, our class is going to consist of like 5 prospects because we can't recruit.
                                                      QB - Tom Rees - In his first ever year recruiting, he's pulled in an unreal QB recruit in Phil Jurkovec, is in it for a bunch of 4* prospects in '19 (Max Duggan, McNamara, etc.), and has ND in the lead for the QB with the most offers in 2020 Drew Pyne. So he's doing fine recruiting.

                                                      RB - Autry Denson - Has brought in Tony Jones Jr, Deon McIntosh, CJ Holmes, Jahmir Smith, and C'Bo Flemister. I would say that lacks some top end recruits in terms of rankings, but for some guys it takes a year or two or three to hit their stride at ND in recruiting. He has ND in it for Chez Mellusi, Sampson James, and Austin Jones among others in 2019. Might not have the "big time recruiter" label just yet, but not many guys outwork him on the trail.

                                                      WR - DelVaughn Alexander - This dude was a big time recruiter at Arizona State and just brought in one of the highest rated WR groups in a long time at ND. Not much more need be said.

                                                      OC/TE - Chip Long - Purely taken from II Podcasts, but Long has been described as a "dog" on the trail by Pete Sampson, Tom Loy, and Kevin Sinclair. The proof of that work is in the fact that he brought in George Takacs & Tommy Tremble to an already loaded TE room and helped with the rest of the offensive recruiting in a very good class.

                                                      OL - Jeff Quinn - Not much evidence of recruiting ability at past stops, but so far so good on the 2019 class and how he was able to close Jarrett Patterson & Luke Jones in 2018. In 2019, Quinn has ND in pole position with Quinn Carroll & John Olmstead and in good position with Bryan Hudson, Zeke Correll, and Harry Miller. I think he'll turn out to be known as a good recruiter

                                                      DL - Mike Elston - Last 7 recruiting cycles, Elston has ended in the top 80 on 247sports recruiting rankings 6 out of 7 years. Only a handful of guys in the entire country fit that category. Probably the best recruiter on the entire staff of good recruiters.

                                                      DC/LB - Clark Lea - In his first year at ND, brought in one of the best LBer hauls in the country (similar to DelVaughn Alexander above). In 2019, he's further cemented ND as a player in the mid-atlantic region (Litchfield Ajavon, Brandon Smith, Osita Ekwonu, Cam'Ron Kelly, Salim Turner-Muhammad), and is looking to bring in another solid LBer class.

                                                      CB - Todd Lyght - Similar to Autry Denson, it may have taken a year or so to get acclimated, but boy has this dude turned it on. Oh, and even tho he may have gotten more comfortable recently, he did bring in Jalen Elliott, Donte Vaughn, Troy Pride Jr, and Julian Love in his first year. Now he's got the ball rolling with the big boys as he helped pull in Noah Boykin, Derrik Allen, and Houston Griffith to the DB room. The 2019 class is no different in that ND is targeting big time DB recruits and sitting pretty with a bunch (KJ Wallace [Committed], Litchfield Ajavon, Cam'Ron Kelly, Kenyatta Watson, Wesley Walker, and Raymond Woodie III).

                                                      S - Terry Joseph - At Texas A&M, Nebraska, and Tennessee, Coach Joseph was competing with the big boys for the biggest recruits and he had quite a bit of success in landing some big time stars. He's been a recruiting coordinator and is as good of a recruiter as Coach Kelly could have found for the Safeties Coach position this offseason.

                                                      ST - Brian Polian - Jimmy Clausen, Dayne Crist, Manti Te'o, and Kyle Rudolph. Primary recruiter for all of them. Need I say more...

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                                        You need to broaden your examples. All of those just made reference to Koon.
                                                        To his credit, he was fairly optimistic and rightfully so at the end of last cycle.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by jerboski View Post
                                                          Yes, get to know the posters... Good advice

                                                          This recruitment is close, ND needs to win it and I think it will... I'm clearly stating it is closer than assumed, nothing more, nothing less
                                                          Good lord you are here too? Your act is getting old on 247 and now you are here. Your hyperbole and hand wringing is so damn old.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by Rocket 94 View Post
                                                            Good lord you are here too? Your act is getting old on 247 and now you are here. Your hyperbole and hand wringing is so damn old.
                                                            Long time IE member....So yes, I am here too

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Another CB, this time from a Gopher guy.

                                                              If this is "close," no one but message board commentators seem to be seeing it.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • Originally posted by KizerWilhelm View Post
                                                                Another CB, this time from a Gopher guy.

                                                                If this is "close," no one but message board commentators seem to be seeing it.
                                                                It ain't close. The Carroll's have been waiting generations to get a family member into the Irish Football program.

                                                                The wait is almost over, just have to play by the new recruiting time table rules brought to us by the early OV's.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • It's not close. Just another message board member with a "source"

                                                                  Stating that it's "close" is a cop out as it is..... What school is close? Based on what? Seems like boldly taking the field after the mention of a top 6....

                                                                  The ONLY reason this isn't a done deal already was because of the shakeup in the coaching staff.

                                                                  Once Quinn settles in and they talk a bit more, it'll be over.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                                                    It's not close. Just another message board member with a "source"

                                                                    Stating that it's "close" is a cop out as it is..... What school is close? Based on what? Seems like boldly taking the field after the mention of a top 6....

                                                                    The ONLY reason this isn't a done deal already was because of the shakeup in the coaching staff.

                                                                    Once Quinn settles in and they talk a bit more, it'll be over.
                                                                    Irish are the leader, he has taken no less that 6 visits to Minnesota within the last year.... Again, he will most likely be ND, it is not a done deal. Minnesota and OSU still have a say and he is looking at them. What "Source" do you have that says anything different, a few CB's don't mean jack shit

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • I am hearing both "this recruitment is close" and "it ain't close"/"it's not close"
                                                                      source









                                                                      *this post is sarcasm*
                                                                      Last edited by connor_in; 03-09-2018, 03:17 PM.
                                                                      Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Originally posted by jerboski View Post
                                                                        Irish are the leader, he has taken no less that 6 visits to Minnesota within the last year.... Again, he will most likely be ND, it is not a done deal. Minnesota and OSU still have a say and he is looking at them. What "Source" do you have that says anything different, a few CB's don't mean jack shit
                                                                        Always have to be the contrarian even when the evidence shows otherwise. Then you can come on here and say I told you so. Look at me! Look at me! Being a narcissist is not very becoming.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • Originally posted by Rocket 94 View Post
                                                                          Always have to be the contrarian even when the evidence shows otherwise. Then you can come on here and say I told you so. Look at me! Look at me! Being a narcissist is not very becoming.
                                                                          I told you ND would most likely land him, I am also telling you to chill on all the NaNa sunshine pumping that happens here... But take it how you want too, after all why would you listen to this narcissist.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • I personally think he's a silent commit to ND. No info.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Originally posted by jerboski View Post
                                                                              I told you ND would most likely land him, I am also telling you to chill on all the NaNa sunshine pumping that happens here... But take it how you want too, after all why would you listen to this narcissist.
                                                                              So now NaNa isn't a lean?

                                                                              #SkyDoneFell

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                                So now NaNa isn't a lean?

                                                                                #SkyDoneFell
                                                                                Better check those texas sites, if you haven't your not informed on this one... Visiting UT March 24, lot of pro Texas tweets and Texas coaching staff and mods think they are engaging as a strong player for his commitment. Take it how you want

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • I always wait until signing day before I start counting chickens....but to be honest I really enjoy the recruiting period and all the drama that goes along with it.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • Originally posted by jerboski View Post
                                                                                    Better check those texas sites, if you haven't your not informed on this one... Visiting UT March 24, lot of pro Texas tweets and Texas coaching staff and mods think they are engaging as a strong player for his commitment. Take it how you want
                                                                                    Yeah, I'm always the last to know... but I'm on the inside now!

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • Can't wait for commitment day, this thread will have me
                                                                                      Prehistoric

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • Another CB from Buckeye analyst, Andrew Ellis.

                                                                                        ND now up 13-0 in the 4Q of the 2018 Crystal Ball Bowl.

                                                                                        Cautiously optimistic but to be clear, I don't have a source.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • Make that 14-0. Bill Greene added another one.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                                            Another CB from Buckeye analyst, Andrew Ellis.

                                                                                            ND now up 13-0 in the 4Q of the 2018 Crystal Ball Bowl.

                                                                                            Cautiously optimistic but to be clear, I don't have a source.
                                                                                            Even though we currently have all the CBs, who do you think is our biggest threat?

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                                                                              Even though we currently have all the CBs, who do you think is our biggest threat?
                                                                                              Jerboski

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                                                                                Even though we currently have all the CBs, who do you think is our biggest threat?
                                                                                                I'd have to say it's Koon right now. I heard that Quinn is not happy at all that he's not part of Koon's bod squad.
                                                                                                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • Minnesota would be the biggest "threat"

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                                                    I'd have to say it's Koon right now. I heard that Quinn is not happy at all that he's not part of Koon's bod squad.
                                                                                                    The real problem is the free deck he built for the Carrolls. Who builds a deck with overstocked kitchen spoons from Bed Bath & Beyond?

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X