Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 MN OT Quinn Carroll (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeauBenken
    replied
    Needs to get better with his hands and feet but he certainly doesn't struggle with the physical side of the game.

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    Is he an EE?
    Yep. All of the OL's are.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Is he an EE?

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Go check out my senior year highlights!!! <a href="https://t.co/IKVIC2tTTU">https://t.co/IKVIC2tTTU</a> <a href="https://t.co/8VTSD7qeod">pic.twitter.com/8VTSD7qeod</a></p>&mdash; Quinn Carroll (@q_ocarroll) <a href="https://twitter.com/q_ocarroll/status/1074716140985819136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 17, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• stlnd01
    replied
    And one reason we're not seeing as much drama as we've seen in the past. Guys that do misstep aren't dropping out or transfering. They take their medicine and work to get out of the doghouse.
    Worth noting: We are just 11 months removed from our most talented WR and almost the entire RB corps being separated from the university.

But generally, I agree with you. They’ve focused a lot more on fit the last few cycles. Fewer five-stars but more kids who’ll stick with it. And that lifts up the culture of the whole program. Not so long ago, Dex, Mack, Coney and Claypool all could have been at high risk of transferring out at various times in their career. Instead they helped get to the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Is there really a difference between 42 & 54? It's all so subjective.

And one reason we're not seeing as much drama as we've seen in the past. Guys that do misstep aren't dropping out or transfering. They take their medicine and work to get out of the doghouse.
    Also, a lot less recruiting drama. 10 and 12 win seasons back to back certainly help but identifying the right targets early has as well.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
    Down 12 spots to #54 on Rivals. He was at #42? Dang.

* We hadn't posted in this thread in 7 months??? Double Dang.
    Is there really a difference between 42 & 54? It's all so subjective.

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    This plays a role in the recruiting discussion we've been having lately. The right kind of 4 star guys is what the staff seems to be looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    "Mr. Carroll said the current players on the roster reminded him and his wife of their own son.

“It’s like they’re cut out of a similar mold,” he explained. “I think Quinn just felt at home with the players, so that made us feel good.”

A reflection on the change in recruiting strategy BK made not too long ago.
    This plays a role in the recruiting discussion we've been having lately. The right kind of 4 star guys is what the staff seems to be looking for.

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    Down 12 spots to #54 on Rivals. He was at #42? Dang.

* We hadn't posted in this thread in 7 months??? Double Dang.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    "Mr. Carroll said the current players on the roster reminded him and his wife of their own son.

“It’s like they’re cut out of a similar mold,” he explained. “I think Quinn just felt at home with the players, so that made us feel good.”

A reflection on the change in recruiting strategy BK made not too long ago.

Leave a comment:

• D-BOE34
    replied
    Kid is huge already. Wait until he has a couple of years of S&C AT ND under his belt.
    My thoughts as well. Kid does not look like a "round" lineman at his age, which can be common. Very much a Mcglinchy esque figure if you will.

I am so fired up over this class. Hope 2018 is a good one for us!

Leave a comment:

• ab2cmiller
    replied
    Nice article by ISD talking to Quinn's Dad about the decision process

Carroll & Co. Comfortable With Choice

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    I've always had a soft spot for the Gophers. Closest FBS school. Quirky mascot. Perennial underdog. Yet i got a dick satisfaction seeing them pout about a highly rated kid leaving the state. Minnesota rarely, if ever, keeps their best kids in state. To make it worse, they miss on a ton of kids who would kill to be gophers who end up at North/South Dakota St and turn into good players.

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    Quinn's currently #33 on Rivals. #33 was a 5 star in both '18 & '17.

Leave a comment:

• StPaul_Irish
    replied
    I will try to get some first hand accounts of him this fall. Might even listen to the crowd chatter.

ND has had a lot of success with MN guys in the past, I think that continues here.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Kid is huge already. Wait until he has a couple of years of S&C AT ND under his belt.

Leave a comment:

• ab2cmiller
    replied
    Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
    If I ever call a kid a doosh for committing to anothe school, I need to be perma banned. No reason to be that upset at recruiting.
    I'm guessing if we looked back at Blake Barnett's thread, there were probably some similar type comments from the IE faithful.

Leave a comment:

• BabyIrish
    replied
    Originally posted by connor_in View Post
    The funniest part of the responses on the message board over there are all the people talking about what a huge "doosh" and attention-seeking, and deification....

I mean watch the clip. He was on with local sports guy, not in a room with hundreds of his supporters, and the sports guy probably talked longer than Quinn did in that whole 3:45. If he was truly as bad as they talked, he would have been on one of the ESPNs and pulled a bus away from a fishing hole and pulled out a trout with the chosen school's logo while pumping out beats fro (insert hottest music star among high scoolers right now) with laser lights and fireworks and so forth and so on...

I guy who sat for a super short interview with local sports guy does not come off to me like a big attention seeking "doosh".

Plus those posters there seem to think all we get are 5 star guys and should be winning NCs every other year. Like we are clones of Alabama or pOSU...seriously...
    If I ever call a kid a doosh for committing to anothe school, I need to be perma banned. No reason to be that upset at recruiting.

Leave a comment:

• connor_in
    replied
    The funniest part of the responses on the message board over there are all the people talking about what a huge "doosh" and attention-seeking, and deification....

I mean watch the clip. He was on with local sports guy, not in a room with hundreds of his supporters, and the sports guy probably talked longer than Quinn did in that whole 3:45. If he was truly as bad as they talked, he would have been on one of the ESPNs and pulled a bus away from a fishing hole and pulled out a trout with the chosen school's logo while pumping out beats fro (insert hottest music star among high scoolers right now) with laser lights and fireworks and so forth and so on...

I guy who sat for a super short interview with local sports guy does not come off to me like a big attention seeking "doosh".

Plus those posters there seem to think all we get are 5 star guys and should be winning NCs every other year. Like we are clones of Alabama or pOSU...seriously...

Leave a comment:

• connor_in
    replied
    didn't see this posted and I hadn't seen it until now...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xB7o040HXW8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Originally posted by ndbroski View Post
    Makes me wonder how non-domers perceive us

Leave a comment:

• ndbroski
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
    Gopherhole.com
    It's always fun to read other teams' forums. Makes me wonder how non-domers perceive us

Leave a comment:

• ab2cmiller
    replied
    Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
    thought that was ACAMP's sexcam site?
    <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/pQmWjYrz39YAg" width="480" height="269" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/burn-arizona-jan-brewer-pQmWjYrz39YAg">via GIPHY</a></p>

Leave a comment:

• Ndaccountant
    replied
    Gopherhole.com
    thought that was ACAMP's sexcam site?

Leave a comment:

• beryirish
    replied
    Gopherhole.com
    Oh i know they would have a message board. Just poking fun of Minnesota actually having one because they're...Minnesota.

Leave a comment:

• beryirish
    replied
    From their message board post #249.

Lol!!!

I'd bet that the Gophers will have more OL drafted in the next 5 years than the Irish... and they will also have better seasons...

That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it!

^^IL

Leave a comment:

• IrishLion
    replied
    Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
    One of the bigger o-line pick ups in recent memory; could be the biggest pickup on the o-line since Nelson actually. Compared to last cycle, we have 3 guys that are pretty much guaranteed to be multi year starters in this class; Patterson could be a multi year starter but I think Dirksen and Jones have a long road to go.

I would like to see Quinn at RT personally. If you want to read a bunch of salty posts and drink some Gopher tears, read this glorious thread. The best parts are the last few pages.

Quinn to Announce Decision Live on KARE 11 May 1st
    Ha, one of my favorites:

I'd bet that the Gophers will have more OL drafted in the next 5 years than the Irish... and they will also have better seasons...
    Bless your heart.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Originally posted by beryirish View Post
    Minnesota has a fan message board...?!
    Gopherhole.com

Leave a comment:

• beryirish
    replied
    Minnesota has a fan message board...?!

Leave a comment:

• arrowryan
    replied
    One of the bigger o-line pick ups in recent memory; could be the biggest pickup on the o-line since Nelson actually. Compared to last cycle, we have 3 guys that are pretty much guaranteed to be multi year starters in this class; Patterson could be a multi year starter but I think Dirksen and Jones have a long road to go.

I would like to see Quinn at RT or at guard personally. He's a mauler inside in his junior tape.

If you want to read a bunch of salty posts and drink some Gopher tears, read this glorious thread. The best parts are the last few pages.

Quinn to Announce Decision Live on KARE 11 May 1st
    Last edited by arrowryan; 05-03-2018, 07:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Originally posted by snoopdog View Post
    From the hudl film, Quinn was playing mostly as a guard.

I won't be surprised if he replaces Kraemer in two years,
    Similar career path. Start at RT and then slide inside, if necessary.

Leave a comment:

• snoopdog
    replied
    From the hudl film, Quinn was playing mostly as a guard.

I won't be surprised if he replaces Kraemer in two years,

Leave a comment:

• Sherm Sticky
    replied
    Hell Yeah! Welcome to Notre Dame Quinn!

Leave a comment:

• Veritate Duce Progredi
    replied
    Originally posted by StPaul_Irish View Post
    Apparently we are BOTH from MN, so I guess I could be. That's some CIA level stuff and beyond my SCSU mental capacity.
    Truth be told, I am as die hard as it gets for ND, and have been reading this board forever
    I am jacked that we got a TOP OL guy and he is from MN.

From all accounts, QC is a great kid and humble as they come. You should read the message boards from Gopher fans, down right losing their mind that someone had the audacity to go on local TV and announce his decision to a school that isn't the hometown team. Very little class with that bunch.

I really am interested to see where he ends up on the line. I'd like him to stay at tackle and be a book end with Kristofic, but he is also a mauler who could play up inside. Time will tell I guess. 3/5 of the dream OL on the books?
    Not from Minnesota, just understood your intention immediately. It's easy to connect with certain online personalities based on one's own default interpretation/understanding of them.

I thought your posts carried at least a standard deviation's worth of humor above the typical post here.

I never predict who'll play in a particular spot because we've seen Zack Martin as a tackle and a number of players move interior after being extolled as edge defenders.

Signing as many players like Quinn are what give us Joe Moore awards and many OL draft picks. Great pickup for us.

Leave a comment:

• StPaul_Irish
    replied
    Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
    Dawg, how'd you get so many??
    Friend 1 - Wife

Friend 2 - Boy

Friend 3 - guy at work who I think uses me for money

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
    I'm trying to find you another one so you can have two, but I'm not having much luck. Maybe St Paul will offer?

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied
    I thought he was pretty clearly mocking Minnesotans, and I thought it was funny, for whatever my opinion is worth.

More importantly... big pickup!

Leave a comment:

• PANDFAN
    replied
    Sorry if you thought I was trolling, totally not the case. Was trying to poke fun at MN people (since I am one).

Yes the timing was right on with MN guy coming on board, but had had a few posts before that.

Sorry if I ticked anyone off, I will temper my sense of humor.

Love Thee
    all good man, just thought almost all of your posts were on this guy...you knew about the "sarcasm font" and have low posts so these things led me to believe as history on this board has taught me that these things usually mean another poster creating a 2nd account...carry on and post how you like

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied
    Sorry if you thought I was trolling, totally not the case. Was trying to poke fun at MN people (since I am one).

Yes the timing was right on with MN guy coming on board, but had had a few posts before that.

Love Thee
    Nothing to be sorry about. It was clear to me you were being sarcastic. Not your fault it went over their heads. Though, to keep it clear as day, may just want to use italics next time...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    I have like 3 friends

Leave a comment:

• dad4aa
    replied

Love Thee
    Keep posting as you do. I love the sarcasm!!

(Note this is not in italics)

Leave a comment:

• StPaul_Irish
    replied
    Originally posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
    Don't you dare, it's too delicious that people actually think you are a troll. We've had some long-time visible trolls on this board and I know you aren't one.

But are you the split ego of a current poster? That idea has piqued my interest.
    Apparently we are BOTH from MN, so I guess I could be. That's some CIA level stuff and beyond my SCSU mental capacity.
    Truth be told, I am as die hard as it gets for ND, and have been reading this board forever
    I am jacked that we got a TOP OL guy and he is from MN.

From all accounts, QC is a great kid and humble as they come. You should read the message boards from Gopher fans, down right losing their mind that someone had the audacity to go on local TV and announce his decision to a school that isn't the hometown team. Very little class with that bunch.

I really am interested to see where he ends up on the line. I'd like him to stay at tackle and be a book end with Kristofic, but he is also a mauler who could play up inside. Time will tell I guess. 3/5 of the dream OL on the books?

Leave a comment:

• Veritate Duce Progredi
    replied

Love Thee
    Don't you dare, it's too delicious that people actually think you are a troll. We've had some long-time visible trolls on this board and I know you aren't one.

But are you the split ego of a current poster? That idea has piqued my interest.
    Last edited by Veritate Duce Progredi; 05-02-2018, 11:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
    Not just Q2, but ANY '18 or younger OL that starts before the class of '16/'17 guys leave a hole open are probably All Americans.

Eich, TK, Hainsey, Lugg, Banks & Gibbons?

That's the '27 Yankees for 95% of P5 programs, at ND, it's a couple of part time starters
    and the scout team.
    Yup, and I think Carroll can be.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
    is Q an EE?
    There's only one Q until Mr. Carroll proves himself.

Leave a comment:

• Kaneyoufeelit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• StPaul_Irish
    replied

Love Thee

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
    I agree on the assessment of Kristofic and Carroll, but haven't done too much study of Olmstead's tape. Kristofic looks natural at tackle, he just needs time to put on weight. Just like another PA tackle from about 5 years back...

I love Carroll's tape and immediately thought Kraemer/lesser Nelson. If he goes inside, he gets a lot of playing time Year 2 and could even start.
    Not just Q2, but ANY '18 or younger OL that starts before the class of '16/'17 guys leave a hole open are probably All Americans.

Eich, TK, Hainsey, Lugg, Banks & Gibbons?

That's the '27 Yankees for 95% of P5 programs, at ND, it's a couple of part time starters
    and the scout team.

Leave a comment:

• FightingIrishLover7
    replied
    is Q an EE?

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Originally posted by GoldenToTheGrave View Post
    Kristofic is a pure LT candidate IMO. His form in pass protection looks elite for a high school player. Great kick step, gets good extension and punch with his arms, and has light feet.

Olmstead looks like a great tackle candidate as well, his form in pass protection looks great. Is more physically mature at this stage than Kristophic. Definitely looks the part of a tackle.

I'm highest on Carol right now as a prospect but there's little to go by on what he looks like in pass protection in his tape. When I rewatched his junior highlights last night I can't remember a single rep on it in pass protection lol. In the rep or two on his sophomore tape he looks like he has the heaviest feet of the three but not bad enough too rule him out as a tackle prospect IMO, but if better tackle candidates are available might relegate him to guard. He does however maul the crap out of people head-up and still pulls well, so I think he starts at guard early for ND.
    I agree on the assessment of Kristofic and Carroll, but haven't done too much study of Olmstead's tape. Kristofic looks natural at tackle, he just needs time to put on weight. Just like another PA tackle from about 5 years back...

I love Carroll's tape and immediately thought Kraemer/lesser Nelson. If he goes inside, he gets a lot of playing time Year 2 and could even start.

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X