Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 MN OT Quinn Carroll (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might want to calm down PJ, you're going to want him on your team when you're coaching ND next year.

But honestly, won't even be mad if we lose him to Fleck. I just love that dude.

Comment

Who was the last fiery coach who demanded a lot out of his team that had a stint at Minnesota before ND... hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Southside Sully View Post
        Who was the last fiery coach who demanded a lot out of his team that had a stint at Minnesota before ND... hmmmm
        I worked at Northern Illinois University when Flek played there. He grew up less than 2 hours from ND in Sugar Grove where he still has family. He would be great for ND some day.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Carroll is Irish a week from today.

Comment

If we could somehow get Mays or NPF this year then add Carroll and Olmstead in next year's class....Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
              Wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Carroll is Irish a week from today.
              This would certainly be welcomed news.

Comment

I'm here for it.

Comment

This name.
                  This hair.

You couldn't computer generate a more cliche fit for ND.

Comment

If his offer list is legit it sure seems he's under rated in the rankings. Offer list would indicate at least a top 100 player if not higher.

Comment

Looks like Quinn's team is headed to State and had some fun playing in the white stuff.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Edina holds Centennial at the goal line! Hornets win 7-0 and now to State. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/mshsl?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#mshsl</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hornets?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Hornets </a> <a href="https://t.co/xZsNjqDEjx">pic.twitter.com/xZsNjqDEjx</a></p>&mdash; Edina Hornets (@edinahornets) <a href="https://twitter.com/edinahornets/status/926630823788507136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 4, 2017</a></blockquote>
                      <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                        Looks like Quinn's team is headed to State and had some fun playing in the white stuff.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Edina holds Centennial at the goal line! Hornets win 7-0 and now to State. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/mshsl?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#mshsl</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hornets?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Hornets </a> <a href="https://t.co/xZsNjqDEjx">pic.twitter.com/xZsNjqDEjx</a></p>&mdash; Edina Hornets (@edinahornets) <a href="https://twitter.com/edinahornets/status/926630823788507136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 4, 2017</a></blockquote>
                        <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                        Sounds like he's committing to the U.
                        60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

The Minnesota analyst who had a CB in for Bama went to Foggy.

So early CB's to Minnesota and Bama have been erased and Loy's CB to ND is the only one standing. Hard to believe he doesn't have more ND CB's.

I thought he'd be an early commit but with the new Junior OV's that start in April, you can expect the recruiting game to be slow until then as a lot of these guys are going to cash in on the freebies.

Olmstead said he was going to take his OV's in the spring before making a decision.

Comment

The Minnesota analyst who had a CB in for Bama went to Foggy.

So early CB's to Minnesota and Bama have been erased and Loy's CB to ND is the only one standing. Hard to believe he doesn't have more ND CB's.

I thought he'd be an early commit but with the new Junior OV's that start in April, you can expect the recruiting game to be slow until then as a lot of these guys are going to cash in on the freebies.

Olmstead said he was going to take his OV's in the spring before making a decision.
                            Itís all good. We have HH we donít need to recruit o-linemen

Comment

Rivals update puts him at #5 OT & #30 OA.

Currently that's a 4* but #30 will be a 5* when the final ranking comes out.

Comment

RT/G of the future. Nasty, motor, frame. Dude's really packed on some beef since Soph film.

Olmstead the LT of the two for me.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4652353/5a4179caf55fe70f485f7b4a' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...week-114369087

Notre Dame staff to visit top 2019 OT this week
                                  Notre Dame made significant headway with its 2019 class on the weekend. Continuing that momentum, Notre Dame will visit its top 2019 offensive line recruit on Thursday.

Notre Dame is hoping to land another offensive tackle on National Signing Day and has surely placed a high-priority on the key position in the next cycle.

A source informed Irish Illustrated that new offensive line coach Jeff Quinn and likely head coach Brian Kelly will be in Minneapolis on Thursday to check in on offensive tackle Quinn Carroll, the No. 51 overall prospect in the 2019 class (247 Composite).

Carroll was targeted early by the Irish, as well as a long national list of programs, including Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Tennessee, UCLA, USC, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin, and many others (32 total).

Quinn was very active on the recruiting trail last week, checking in on several top offensive line prospects following the announcement of his new role just six days ago (Tuesday, Jan. 23). We can expect this trend to continue this week.

The 6-foot-6, 290-pound offensive tackle took unofficial visits to Minnesota, Notre Dame, Ohio State, UCLA, and Virginia Tech this fall. And in the summer, he visited his home-state Gophers and took a trip out West to see Stanford, UCLA, and USC.

The Irish definitely have Carroll’s attention, but the elite lineman has yet to separate his potential suitors publicly.

During his trip to South Bend this fall - the weekend of the 49-14 trouncing of the Trojans - the Irish, again, made it clear to Carroll that he’s their top priority offensive lineman in 2019, a prospect they could build their offensive class around.

Getting coach Quinn familiar with Carroll, building a bond between the two, will be crucial for the Irish to continue making strides in this recruitment.
                                  I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Likely head coach Brian Kelly? Did I miss something?
                                    "Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America"

Comment

Originally posted by vuirish View Post
                                      HA! I'm sure he meant Quinn along with Kelly most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by vuirish View Post
                                        LOL. It's just saying that Quinn is definitely visiting and it's likely that BK will be with him.

Comment

maybe BK can interview for NFL jobs when hes in Minneapolis
                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Visiting this weekend. Commit watch?

Comment

Per Sinclair, he is visiting with his GF and her family. She is considering going to ND as well.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...5188600?Page=2

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                Per Sinclair, he is visiting with his GF and her family. She is considering going to ND as well.

So we need a track scholarship offer ready?

Comment

Does she have the coveted Sparty offer as well?

Comment

That certainly won't hurt if she chooses ND.

Comment

Any feedback thru the "communication cables" as to how his weekend @ ND went? Hopefully, it was a fantastic one!

Comment

Originally posted by irish4ever View Post
                                                        Any feedback thru the "communication cables" as to how his weekend @ ND went? Hopefully, it was a fantastic one!
                                                        Yes, I really want to know what his girlfriend thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                          Yes, I really want to know what his girlfriend thought.
                                                          If she's smart she's on board cuz the GingerNinja is a guaranteed meal ticket.

An MRS degree from ND sure as hell beats one from Mankato State.

Comment

A lot of boxes checked.

6-6, 280 = check
                                                            Irish name = check
                                                            Red Hair = check
                                                            More offers than any OL in his class = check

Comment

Looks like Wiltfong added a CB for the good guys.

Comment

Guy looks like he was born to play offensive line for Notre Dame. Lock this one up.

Comment

There are a lot of videos out there of him talking about his Faith. Based on our competition, I believe we are the only one who may have that offering for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                    But but being the Fightin' Irish is a bad thing...
                                                                    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

Freebie from 247
                                                                      https://247sports.com/college/notre-...isit-115339048

Notre Dame filled in some important gaps in Quinn Carroll’s recruitment on the weekend.

The No. 55 overall prospect in the nation (per 247Sports Composite) spent the weekend in South Bend with his girlfriend who has been considering attending Notre Dame with interest in the academics and Irish dance program.

For Carroll, meeting with the current Irish offensive linemen was a first for him and proved to be an important aspect of his stay.

“I met with the entire offensive line,” Carroll said. “We kind of all had lunch together and then we went to the weight room and were talking to everybody.

“They’re just all great people. I can really see myself getting to know them better and becoming teammates with them. It’s was great getting to know them. I was really looking forward to meeting them because I haven’t had a chance to interact with the players. This was the first one and I really enjoyed that with them.”

Meeting with the admissions was another highlight for Carroll as well as his girlfriend, as the two take a close look at what life would be like at Notre Dame.

“Me and my girlfriend Ava were planning to visit Notre Dame for her as a student and I would come along,” Carroll said. “Since we were there, we would like to say hi to the coaches if they were free. We went on the school tour and got to listen to the admissions counselor, we got toured around campus.

“Eva is an Irish dancer, so she was able to meet with an Irish dance team member at Notre Dame. Once we were done with that, we took the tour of the stadium and the new student center attached to the stadium. So, that was fun.

“I can really see myself fitting in there if I choose Notre Dame.”

Of course, the coaching staff was available to meet with their top offensive line prospect.

“The coaching staff was around,” Carroll said. “I got to spend most of my time with coach (Jeff) Quinn. I got to meet with coach (Brian) Kelly for a little bit and coach (Chip) Long and coach (Tommy) Rees was there as well. So, I got to see all those guys, which was awesome.”

Carroll had met coach Quinn in the past, but this weekend brought the two an opportunity to dig a little deeper.

“(Coach Quinn) is great,” Carroll said. “He’s very upbeat and intense when it needs to be intense, which is great. That’s what I love to see. He’s very passionate about the game of football, and he’s very passionate about Notre Dame, and he’s very passionate about these offensive linemen – this unit, making them the best players they can possibly be and continuing the offensive line tradition at Notre Dame.”

Along with Quinn, Kelly, and Rees – who visited Minnesota a few weeks ago to check in on Carroll – coach Long has been an important presence in this recruitment.

“Chip Long is a phenomenal coach, as we all know,” Carroll said. “And he’s a great person. I got to talk with him as well about the offensive line. He’s also very passionate about the offensive line because he knows exactly what to do with them and when it works, it’s a huge play. He knows that offensive linemen are so important to a big play.”

“It’s really fun meeting with him.”

This time of year, the weather can be a concern when hosting prospects.

The cold was a non-issue for Carroll, clearly.

“It was actually warmer in South Bend than it was in Minnesota,” Carroll said.

Next weekend, the 6-foot-6, 290-pound prospect will travel to another Midwest program for an unofficial visit.

“Nothing so far as official visits go,” Carroll said. “But, next weekend, I’m going to be in Madison visiting Wisconsin with (my brother) Collin and my dad.”

With three trips to South Bend in the books, very few boxes are left unchecked for Carroll. The collaborative effort put for by the Irish coaching staff has helped build steady momentum.

The Irish are in good shape with Quinn Carroll.

Comment

Always nice to read "feel good" stories about prospects visiting.

Comment

“Me and my girlfriend Ava were planning to visit Notre Dame for her as a student and I would come along,” Carroll said. “Since we were there, we would like to say hi to the coaches if they were free. We went on the school tour and got to listen to the admissions counselor, we got toured around campus.

“Eva is an Irish dancer, so she was able to meet with an Irish dance team member at Notre Dame. Once we were done with that, we took the tour of the stadium and the new student center attached to the stadium. So, that was fun.

Girl sounds like a keeper. This might be the first time that a kid goes to ND because of the girlfriend rather than the opposite.

Comment

So… Is it Ava or Eva?

Comment

• #90
                                                                              Originally posted by BoredIrish View Post

Girl sounds like a keeper. This might be the first time that a kid goes to ND because of the girlfriend rather than the opposite.
                                                                              PJ Fleck with a CB for Notre Dame.

Next to getting a Crimson Charger from Tuscaloosa Dodge, this is the biggest CB predictor I've ever seen.

I usually go 90%, 95% or 99.9% to leave myself an escape hatch if the recruitment capsizes but this is 100% done.

Bryan Hudson and John Olmstead are right behind him at 95+%.

Irish Dancer.... LOL. Wait until he commits and the twittersphere gets a hold of that.

Comment

• #91

Next to getting a Crimson Charger from Tuscaloosa Dodge, this is the biggest CB predictor I've ever seen.

I usually go 90%, 95% or 99.9% to leave myself an escape hatch if the recruitment capsizes but this is 100% done.

Irish Dancer.... LOL. Wait until he commits and the twittersphere gets a hold of that.
                                                                                Olmstead's last update on Rivals left me less than confident. New schools in play and possible December commitment I think he said....
                                                                                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #92
                                                                                  Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                                  Olmstead's last update on Rivals left me less than confident. New schools in play and possible December commitment I think he said....
                                                                                  Thanks for the update. I'll dial it back to 93.5%.

Comment

• #93

Our Irish Dance team is actually amazing. I believe they have won the Ceili competition at the All-Ireland championships in Belfast 6 times since 2010.

Comment

• #94
                                                                                      Originally posted by SouthSideChiDomer View Post
                                                                                      Our Irish Dance team is actually amazing. I believe they have won the Ceili competition at the All-Ireland championships in Belfast 6 times since 2010.
                                                                                      Move over Leahy.

Comment

• #95
                                                                                        Originally posted by SouthSideChiDomer View Post
                                                                                        My twins did Irish dance until eighth grade...they went to Riverdance with us last week here in Cleveland and they wished they stuck with it. Hope Quinn and his lass both come to ND!

Comment

• #96
                                                                                          Move over Leahy.
                                                                                          Haha, maybe not so much. I'm pretty sure there are very few other teams in their division at the competition. But they are still really great if you ever see them on a football weekend.

Comment

• #97
                                                                                            Steve Wiltfong - 2/19/18
                                                                                            Kevin Sinclair - 2/19/18
                                                                                            Gus Ramos - 2/19/18
                                                                                            Alex Gleitman - 2/22/18
                                                                                            Steve Lorenz - 2/22/18
                                                                                            Sean Fitz - 2/22/18
                                                                                            Matej Sis - 2/22/18

7 CB's in since the visit. Hopefully he's able to pop after this Wisconsin unofficial this weekend. Come on Quinn!!

Comment

• #98
                                                                                              I think he's a silent.

Surviving without Harry, who would have thunk it!

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                                                I think he's a silent.

Surviving without Harry, who would have thunk it!
                                                                                                You think ND ever tells kids to keep their commitment silent so other schools can’t neg recruit us on that basis. I’m sure if Carroll committed, every school would be in Olmstead’s ear telling him he shouldn’t come because we’ve already got a highly rated guy that plays a similar position.

Comment

• Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post
                                                                                                  You think ND ever tells kids to keep their commitment silent so other schools canít neg recruit us on that basis. Iím sure if Carroll committed, every school would be in Olmsteadís ear telling him he shouldnít come because weíve already got a highly rated guy that plays a similar position.
                                                                                                  I think they're BFFs actually. I don't know that though. Anyone confirm/deny?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X