No announcement yet.

'19 NJ DE Antonio Alfano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we're going to actually field a full roster going forward, be it by grey shirt or other means, I'm happy to pass on the guys that are more of a risk....

but...

If not, I'm perfectly OK with hand holding one or two guys a year if they are true studs. We lose kids every year. What does it matter if we lose a 3 star who got buried on the depth chart, or a 5 star who couldn't cut it in the classroom. I'm happy to take a chance on a few guys. I'd assume they have about the same chance of making it at ND academically as some of the academically good but performance reaches/projects we gamble every cycle.

some kids may surprise, and could be a victim of crappy schools, parents who don't care about books, etc..
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• How many times have these "problem recruits" been the #1 prospect in his class who publicly admitted ND was his dream school... 3 years before ESP?

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
        This is a nice idea, but I think BK said "no thanks" after his experiences with Aaron Lynch, Davonte Neal, etc.

I *sounds* like it might be worth the time and effort to hold a guy's hand if he might be a star, but ND has seen evidence to the contrary several times in recent memory.

I'm not gonna fault them for seeing red flags and saying "nah, it's not worth it."
        BK should either get over that or stop talking about winning National Championships as being one of the goals.

Comment

• Into the transfer portal he goes.

Comment

• Rutgers here he comes.
            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Shocker! Nobody saw this coming

Comment

• School troubles. Discipline troubles. Depth chart disappointment. Even the ol sick grandma line. This one checks all the boxes. And fast.

https://tdalabamamag.com/2019/09/13/...ansfer-portal/

Comment

• Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                  School troubles. Discipline troubles. Depth chart disappointment. Even the ol sick grandma line. This one checks all the boxes. And fast.

https://tdalabamamag.com/2019/09/13/...ansfer-portal/
                  "If Alfano decides to leave school he will be the ninth player from Alabama to do so in 2019."

Comment

• Rutgers:

Comment

• Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                      Seems like it. Why else would you go there?
                      Skiing and the snow bunnies?

Comment

• Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                        Seems like it. Why else would you go there?
                        Skiing is part of sick grandma's physical therapy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoredIrish View Post
                          "If Alfano decides to leave school he will be the ninth player from Alabama to do so in 2019."
                          Wtf? Lol, the greyshirt is strong with this one.

Comment

• and has now been suspended by Colorado for violating team rules.

Comment

• You know what they say, 3rd times a charm. I assume he'll be setting up his ND OV for when Spring practice commences again.

Comment

• Apparently off the team now.

https://thespun.com/pac-12/colorado/...econd-cfb-team

Comment

• Kid needs to hook up with Lonzo Ball's dad. Is there a football league in Lithuania?

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                    Kid needs to hook up with Lonzo Ball's dad. Is there a football league in Lithuania?

Kid needs to see a psychologist and psychiatrist and possibly start taking some meds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                      Kid needs to see a psychologist and psychiatrist and possibly start taking some meds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                      haha true story.
                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• https://www.buffzone.com/cu-notes-an...eturn-to-buffs
                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• it's going to come out this kid has some significant mental health issues.
                                          EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• https://247sports.com/Article/Antoni...ell-157156867/

Former Alabama commit and current Colorado defensive end Antonio Alfano hasn’t played this season. He recently shared an emotional statement about his battle with epilepsy.

Within that statement, Alfano cited a lack of communication between him and Colorado officials to help him with his medical condition. However, that appears to be changing in the days after Alfano took to social media to share his story.

Alfano released another statement regarding his impending talk with Colorado athletic director Rick George.

“For all of you who showed concern the other day , I’d like you to know that Rick George has assured me that he will meet with me as soon as he has the time,” Alfano tweeted. “I appreciate it and all of you very much.”

On Monday, the former five-star prospect penned an emotional statement.

“February 15th 2020, the date of my first epileptic seizures,” Alfano wrote. “The day I lost control of my life. It is now December 14th 2020, and I still don’t have answers. I still don’t know the root of my epilepsy nor understand it. I’ve been put on multiple different medications since February, none of these medications have been working. Not only has epilepsy taken complete control over my life, it has prevented me from pursuing my passion. Football has been life since I can remember, now Football seems like a false hope I lived with my whole life. The CU Boulder Football department has been ‘attempting’ to help with my medical issue. I was scheduled for a 3-5 day epilepsy test that would give me all the answers I needed.

“Unfortunately due to COVID-19, I was told my test needed to be rescheduled, and I am still waiting...I am still waiting for someone, literally anyone, to reach out to me about how I have been dealing with my seizures. I feel as though my diagnosis has been pushed to the side and underplayed. It has been about two months since anyone from CU Boulder has asked me about my epilepsy or how my health is in general. At this point, I have no idea what to do, or who to talk to, to be taken seriously. I miss doing the simple things before my diagnosis. I miss being able to drive a car. I miss the freedom of being home alone without worrying that I might seize and no one will be here to help me.

“I can’t sleep alone without being terrified of getting a seizure and never waking up. I don’t know if my life will ever go back to ‘normal’ again, but I pray that I at least get the answers I need to be on the right medication so I can just get my life back. Football isn’t a reality for me right now, the only thing I care about most is getting my life back and not being controlled by this medical condition.”
                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

• https://247sports.com/Article/Antoni...ent-159432117/

University of Colorado pass rusher and former Alabama five-star signee Antonio Alfano was arrested earlier this month in Boulder, Co., on suspicion of harassment and resisting arrest, online court records indicate. Alfano, 20, was arrested on Jan. 7 and charged with two misdemeanors per court records.

Colorado spokesman Joshua Lindenstein released a statement in response to Alfano’s arrest, per the Daily Camera.

“We are aware of the charges against Mr. Alfano, and we take such allegations very seriously,” the statement read. “The charges have been reported to our Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance in accordance with university policy for further investigation.”

Alfano is still with Colorado's football team, per Lindenstein, but hasn't been cleared to play medically. In December, Alfano shared an emotional statement about his battle with epilepsy and unexpected seizures, which has disrupted his football career.

“February 15th 2020, the date of my first epileptic seizures,” Alfano wrote, in part. “The day I lost control of my life. It is now December 14th 2020, and I still don’t have answers. I still don’t know the root of my epilepsy nor understand it. I’ve been put on multiple different medications since February, none of these medications have been working. Not only has epilepsy taken complete control over my life, it has prevented me from pursuing my passion.

"Football has been life since I can remember, now Football seems like a false hope I lived with my whole life. The CU Boulder Football department has been ‘attempting’ to help with my medical issue. I was scheduled for a 3-5 day epilepsy test that would give me all the answers I needed."

As a member of the Class of 2018, Alfano was a five-star prospect according to the 247Sports Composite rankings. He was the No. 1 overall prospect in the state of New Jersey, the No. 1 strong-side defensive end prospect in the class, the No. 5 overall prospect in the class and the No. 138 overall prospect all-time.

Alfano signed with Alabama as an elite-tier player, but left Nick's Saban program and enrolled at Colorado in January 2020 under then-coach Mel Tucker. Colorado's original plan was to utilize Alfano not just in the trenches along the defensive line, but also at outside linebacker and other areas in the box.

“It was just a trying time for me being down there,” Alfano told Brian Howell of the Denver Post. “I was kind of also a little frustrated, honestly, with not seeing as much playing time as I would like. I was a little frustrated with that and stuff going on back home. That just made my decision easier.”
                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

• The first two pages of this thread are pretty funny to read.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                  The first two pages of this thread are pretty funny to read.
                                                  Yeah, Cruz needing some Tylenol and an antacid. lol

Maybe the staff knew a little more about him than most realized.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                    Yeah, Cruz needing some Tylenol and an antacid. lol

Maybe the staff knew a little more about him than most realized.
                                                    They didn't at first. No one did. ND was recruiting him without offering as was publicly evident. It was later on that Elston let it slip to someone, maybe Vancouver because that's who I remember saying it, that he was never getting offered by ND.

Now we can act like folks were fools for seeing what this kid was, could potentially be and be excited by his (and Dad's) love of ND but in the end, the best people in the world at recruiting were the one's who landed him.

Things haven't worked out for him in college and problems were on display later in his HS career but I think it goes beyond simply being a bad apple, non-RKG.

Comment

• Back into the portal. Watch him get on the right meds and become an AA at PSU.

https://247sports.com/Article/Antoni...end-162167385/

Comment

• headed to Independence CC (of Last Chance U fame)
                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                        Working...
                                                        X