Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 CA QB JT Daniels (Southern Cal Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "attempting not only to replace a legend". Are they talking about the same Sam Darnold that I saw at USC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
      "attempting not only to replace a legend". Are they talking about the same Sam Darnold that I saw at USC?
      JT Daniels wouldn't have it any other way.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• there will be growing pains

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
          "attempting not only to replace a legend". Are they talking about the same Sam Darnold that I saw at USC?
          That Sam Darnold legend that I saw at the ND game last year was far from a legend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valpodoc85 View Post
            there will be growing pains
            Letís hope he is still experiencing them by the last game of the regular season.

Comment

• Carted off with a right knee injury. Couldn’t see it well but I’d be surprised if he didn’t tear his ACL. His knee sort of locked up and got bent sideways as he was getting sacked.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1rish View Post
                Carted off with a right knee injury. Couldnít see it well but Iíd be surprised if he didnít tear his ACL. His knee sort of locked up and got bent sideways as he was getting sacked.
                Feel for the kid.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Initial reports are that X-rays were negative, but MRI results are still pending. Seems unlikely he that he will play next week against Stanford, but there's plenty of time between now and October 12.

Comment

• USC’s defense looked bad last night

Comment

• Originally posted by Johannes View Post
                      Initial reports are that X-rays were negative, but MRI results are still pending. Seems unlikely he that he will play next week against Stanford, but there's plenty of time between now and October 12.
                      Am Xray will only show broken bones so the MRI is what they need to determine if he tore anything

Comment

• And the Urban Meyer Era will most likely start next year.

NO POSSIBLE way Helton can duct tape this show together with a 3* freshman QB unless he can sweet talk Jack Sears out of the portal.

Comment

• Man ST brown wishes he woulda came here now. Probally boy but... lol

Comment

• Clay Helton said after the game or today that the door is open for Jack Sears to return. I think heíll be out there against Stanford next weekend.

RS JR Matt Fink
                            RS SO Jack Sears
                            FR Kedon Slovis

Kind of surprised they feel that badly about Matt Fink that heíd be QB3 in the last game. Heís very likely to be grad transferring next season but surprised they didnít redshirt Slovis. He didnít look convincing except for 1 long pass in the second half.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                              Clay Helton said after the game or today that the door is open for Jack Sears to return. I think heíll be out there against Stanford next weekend.

RS JR Matt Fink
                              RS SO Jack Sears
                              FR Kedon Slovis

Kind of surprised they feel that badly about Matt Fink that heíd be QB3 in the last game. Heís very likely to be grad transferring next season but surprised they didnít redshirt Slovis. He didnít look convincing except for 1 long pass in the second half.
                              Kedon should have been their Book. The kid who gets redshirted and never had any expectations of being the starter being sandwiched in between JT, Sears and incoming Bryce Young but fate isn't always a compliant partner.

Kedon can be good. Lets not forget he worked with Kurt Warner everyday of his HS career. But he needed this set of circumstances to happen in 2021 not Game 1 of Freshman year.

Comment

• What was ASBs statement when he signed with USC? "I'm going somewhere the QB can get me the ball?"

I wanted him because he was such a pitbull on the field but that arrogant quote looks silly in retrospect.

Comment

• Too bad for Daniels, but maybe the opening that Sears needed.

And many think Sears played better when he was in.
                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• the day before Sears entered the portal USC released a depth chart that had Slovis#2, Fink#3 and Sears #4. They put Slovis in when Daniels went down. Based on this I'd expect Slovis to start even if Sears comes back. I'd be really weird for them to elevate Sears after he quit the team a week ago.

However I can see him getting the nod if Slovis craps the bed.

Comment

• Tough breaks. Good luck with the surgery/rehab. Godspeed

Comment

• Originally posted by tom prendergast View Post
                                        the day before Sears entered the portal USC released a depth chart that had Slovis#2, Fink#3 and Sears #4. They put Slovis in when Daniels went down. Based on this I'd expect Slovis to start even if Sears comes back. I'd be really weird for them to elevate Sears after he quit the team a week ago.

However I can see him getting the nod if Slovis craps the bed.
                                        I have heard that Slovis has really impressed in the 8 months on campus but Jack Sears apparently impressed too during camp. Whatís surprising is Sears being placed at #4 on the depth chart behind Fink who reportedly wasnít amazing or a standout. Thatís basically showing Sears the door. Curious how itíll shake out but Iíd bet they ride with Slovis and maybe if he struggles over the next few weeks then theyíll work in Fink or Sears. They really shouldíve gotten Sears or Fink ready in this new offense. I know Slovis is impressive but thatís really foolhardy to think this kid can come in and dominate the PAC-12 in his freshman year. Iíd have gone Daniels, Sears, Fink and redshirted Slovis and then next season he couldíve been the #2 if Sears and Fink had grad transferred which theyíll likely do anyway after the season.

Comment

• https://247sports.com/Article/jt-dan...fer-147597770/

Rumor is he's considering UGA
                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                            man newman must be fuming depending on if he gets a waiver
                                            EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                              man newman must be fuming depending on if he gets a waiver
                                              Newman's better anyway... Daniels would have to wait his turn, waiver or not, I bet.

Comment

• official now.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rs-usc-georgia

Good spot for Daniels. Newman is a GT so he'll be gone after this season, and Daniels will have 2 years. GA really doesn't have a ringer coming in from HS until 2021 (Vandagriff).
                                                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                  official now.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rs-usc-georgia

Good spot for Daniels. Newman is a GT so he'll be gone after this season, and Daniels will have 2 years. GA really doesn't have a ringer coming in from HS until 2021 (Vandagriff).
                                                  Lmao a boy from the OC getting dropped into the deep South? Interesting.
                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                                    Lmao a boy from the OC getting dropped into the deep South? Interesting.
                                                    Athens is the birthplace of REM. He'll be just fine if he learns redneck quickly.
                                                    Girls with twang rock!

Comment

• Wonder if he will end up like Eason?

Comment

• Hopefully Vandergriff decommits

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                          Hopefully Vandergriff decommits
                                                          Indeed then maybe colzie swings back ND

Comment

• Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                            Indeed then maybe colzie swings back ND
                                                            nice

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                              Hopefully Vandergriff decommits
                                                              Really doubt that happens. Bogart is a stones throw from Athens. But I was shocked when he committed to OK, so who knows.

From 247 on his, and his family's reaction to JTD transferring to UGA

Greg Vandagriff, Brock's father, provided some strong commentary of his own on the news.

"We are all good," his father said. "Life is about competition and proving yourself over and over. The only time you donít have to prove yourself again is when you retire! If you want to win a National Championship or any championship you have to beat out someone to get onto the field. Itís the nature of the beast and competition is something you had better embrace or go play where everyone plays 2.43 quarters and we will all celebrate the participation trophy!""
                                                              Dawgs247 reached out to Vandagriff to get his reaction.

ďThere is always gonna be competition at a place like UGA," Vandagriff said. "Thatís why people come to play here. Go Dawgs!"

Comment

• Over under how many games Daniels plays at Georgia? 4

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishFanJMercy View Post
                                                                  Over under how many games Daniels plays at Georgia? 4
                                                                  Why wouldn't he? 2 years left. They don't have any world beaters until the potential of Vandagriff gets on campus

Comment

• I wonder what Amon-Ra thinks about him transferring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                      Athens is the birthplace of REM. He'll be just fine if he learns redneck quickly.
                                                                      Girls with twang rock!
                                                                      You got that right, and Georgia Peach twang as good as it gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by texbender View Post
                                                                        You got that right, and Georgia Peach twang as good as it gets.
                                                                        TN twang is my fav. Can't resist hillbilly girls from UT.

Comment

• Declared eligible by the NCAA for the upcoming season. Wonder how Georgia works this out with Jamie Newman there also, if there is a season of course.

Daniels has three years of eligibility, Newman has one (assuming, since he's a grad transfer).

Comment

• Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                                                                            Declared eligible by the NCAA for the upcoming season. Wonder how Georgia works this out with Jamie Newman there also, if there is a season of course.

Daniels has three years of eligibility, Newman has one (assuming, since he's a grad transfer).
                                                                            How does the NCAA justify these transfers being eligible? I'll never understand it.

Just end the consternation surrounding the transfer eligibility rule and grant all players one free transfer regardless of reasoning.
                                                                            My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                                                              How does the NCAA justify these transfers being eligible? I'll never understand it.

Just end the consternation surrounding the transfer eligibility rule and grant all players one free transfer regardless of reasoning.
                                                                              Saw this tweet that'll help explain it:

https://twitter.com/alex_kirshner/st...858096128?s=20

Comment

• Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                                                                                Declared eligible by the NCAA for the upcoming season. Wonder how Georgia works this out with Jamie Newman there also, if there is a season of course.

Comment

Basically kids from wealthy families who want to transfer and get immediate eligibility pony up for Tom Mars, the same expensive lawyer and the NCAA just goes oh shit let's just let the player do what he wants cos this lawyer is gonna make us like so dumb in public.
                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish2015 View Post
                                                                                    Saw this tweet that'll help explain it:

https://twitter.com/alex_kirshner/st...858096128?s=20
                                                                                    This is fantastic lol, great share.

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                    Basically kids from wealthy families who want to transfer and get immediate eligibility pony up for Tom Mars, the same expensive lawyer and the NCAA just goes oh shit let's just let the player do what he wants cos this lawyer is gonna make us like so dumb in public.
                                                                                    Think I'm starting to realize that. Here I thought they have simply softened their stance since the Alohi incident in 2017 but I guess it just comes down to hiring a legit lawyer to get your golden boy immediate eligibility.
                                                                                    Last edited by Some Irish Bloke; 07-14-2020, 09:55 AM.
                                                                                    My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

This is fantastic lol, great share.

Think I'm starting to realize that. Here I thought they have simply softened their stance since the Alohi incident in 2017 but I guess it just comes down to hiring a legit lawyer to get your golden boy immediate eligibility.
                                                                                      Shea Patterson, Justin Fields, Tate Martell etc all hired this one same guy to get the job done for them
                                                                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Big Red Vandagriff should be happy that he will be getting the competition he was looking for. He better hope them young receivers for the Dawgs develop quickly however.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: UGA QB Jamie Newman is opting out of the 2020 season due to COVID-19. Heís expected to begin training for the 2021 NFL draft. Newman transferred to UGA from Wake Forest following the 2019 season.</p>&mdash; Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1301240157664874496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Shea Patterson, Justin Fields, Tate Martell etc all hired this one same guy to get the job done for them
                                                                                            He already has the documents on his computer. Probably just changes out the names and hits send lol
                                                                                            Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: UGA QB Jamie Newman is opting out of the 2020 season due to COVID-19. Heís expected to begin training for the 2021 NFL draft. Newman transferred to UGA from Wake Forest following the 2019 season.</p>&mdash; Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1301240157664874496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                              Watch the NCAA let Fields transfer back to UGA with immediate eligibility. Kidding...sort of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meatloaf View Post
                                                                                                Watch the NCAA let Fields transfer back to UGA with immediate eligibility. Kidding...sort of.
                                                                                                he was observing UGA practice the other day lol
                                                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• gonna start for UGA tomorrow
                                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Great, can't wait for him to look good the rest of the season, UF beat Bama in the SEC C, and then SEC fans wanting UF, Bama, and UGA in the playoff...

only half kidding

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X