Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 CA QB JT Daniels (Southern Cal Verbal)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '19 CA QB JT Daniels (Southern Cal Verbal)

    Quarterback - Pro Style
    Irvine, CA
    Mater Dei HS
    Santa Ana, CA


    Measurements:
    6-1
    195

    Intial Rankings:
    247 Comp ..... NR
    247 ............... 5 star ..... #1 QB ..... #7 OA ..... 94 rating
    Scout ............ 4 star
    Rivals ............ NR
    ESPN ............. NR

    Rankings for 2018 reclassification:
    247 Comp ..... 5 star ..... #2 QB-P ..... #21 OA ..... .9876 rating
    247 ............... 4 star ..... #3 QB-P ..... #26 OA ...... 96 rating
    Rivals ............ NR
    ESPN ............. NR

    Offers:
    Notre Dame
    ASU
    Bama
    BYU
    Cal
    Michigan
    UCLA
    USC
    Washington
    Wash St

    Media Links:

    Twitter = @jtdaniels06

    Jt Daniels - Hudl

    materdeifootball.net | The Official Site of Mater Dei Monarchs Football

    Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) Football | MaxPreps

    Highlights:

    <iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/2505201/583db45c5b3cb022dc170137' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

    <iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/2505201/highlights/289224379' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by NDCrusader; 12-22-2017, 04:51 PM.

  • #2
    Yeah yeah I know. Welcome to the class of 2019!

    Probably the #1 kid in the '19 class. Sanford was in to see him and the St Browns last week.

    Daniels was supposed to be a Soph but did 8th grade twice for physical maturity reasons no doubt. Has won various State and National championships in Pop Warner type pre-high school competitions.

    When the word is out that ND sent their QB/OC to see him, it's time for a profile.

    Comment


    • #3
      This kid was born after Y2K....

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tussin View Post
        This kid was born after Y2K....
        You're old

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tussin View Post
          This kid was born after Y2K....
          Wasn't it just yesterday when we thought the world was coming to an end as all computers were going to crash when the clock struck Y2K?

          Comment


          • #6
            <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RDsa6-xluHk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

            Say wha say wha wha say wha say wha wha
            Last edited by Henges24; 11-03-2015, 03:15 PM.
            "Fvck Michigan" - The World

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
              Yeah yeah I know. Welcome to the class of 2019!

              Probably the #1 kid in the '19 class. Sanford was in to see him and the St Browns last week.

              Daniels was supposed to be a Soph but did 8th grade twice for physical maturity reasons no doubt. Has won various State and National championships in Pop Warner type pre-high school competitions.

              When the word is out that ND sent their QB/OC to see him, it's time for a profile.
              Probably the classic parent having grand ideas for this kid. Holds him back a year so he can compete against kids a year younger. Probably was been spoon fed football while still in mothers womb. Can anyone say Ryan Lief?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                Probably the classic parent having grand ideas for this kid. Holds him back a year so he can compete against kids a year younger. Probably was been spoon fed football while still in mothers womb. Can anyone say Ryan Lief?
                More like Todd Marinovich... who was by the way the last freshman to start at the same high school, Mater Dei. Something that Matt Leinart, Colt Brennan, Matt Barkley or Max Wittek couldn't do at Mater Dei since then.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Jimmy Clausen was held back a year too. wasn't he like 20 when he was a freshmen at ND?
                  What did Davonte do?

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    What's up with that helmet? But on another note, he pinned our tweet, which must mean something to him.
                    “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                    ― Hyman G. Rickover

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by NDLightning35 View Post
                      What's up with that helmet? But on another note, he pinned our tweet, which must mean something to him.
                      It was a mock up some guy did using last years Shamrock and last years Navy helmets as inspiration. There were some pretty sweet mock ups floating around.

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                        Probably the classic parent having grand ideas for this kid. Holds him back a year so he can compete against kids a year younger. Probably was been spoon fed football while still in mothers womb. Can anyone say Ryan Lief?
                        Not saying it's either case, but a lot of kids (very smart kids) are doing 8th grade, or a grade over in HS for academic reasons. A ton of prep-school situations, and a ton of lacrosse related situations that I'm personally aware of. Has to do with building an academic resume for college (I love of Ivey leagues) in a lot of cases, or like you say (and in the case of lacrosse) physical maturity. I know a few kids local to ATL and in the Chattanooga area (boarding schools) that did it to look good academically to go play lacrosse in some of the top northeaster schools.
                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Smart move anymore to hold your kid back if ya can. Extra year to mature had few negatives
                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                            Smart move anymore to hold your kid back if ya can. Extra year to mature had few negatives
                            A lot of the guys in my high school class, including myself, were old for our grade and it definitely paid off athletically.

                            Comment


                            • #18
                              Originally posted by anarin View Post
                              "Notre dame is a HUGE favorite of mine"
                              Wow me too!

                              Comment


                              • #19
                                Here's a snippet from the Rivals piece above. Found a free link.

                                DANIELS HIGH ON IRISH

                                JT Daniels is a 2019 quarterback but has already received a bunch of offers and although it’s still early there’s no doubt Notre Dame is one of his standouts.

                                Notre Dame is a huge favorite of mine,” Daniels said. “I love Notre Dame. Notre Dame is definitely one of my top schools. I’ve been a Notre Dame fan and Joe Montana and how many other quarterbacks have gone through there. It’s such a prestigious school.”

                                The Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei prospect was also recently offered by UCLA and the job the Bruins are doing with QB Josh Rosen has been noticed as well. Arizona State, Cal and Washington have also offered the 2019 recruit.

                                Comment


                                • #20
                                  over/under on the number of days before he commits to Urban?
                                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                  Comment


                                  • #21
                                    Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                    over/under on the number of days before he commits to Urban?
                                    36,500... about the same as Grambling's.

                                    Comment


                                    • #22
                                      Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                                      <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RDsa6-xluHk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

                                      Say wha say wha wha say wha say wha wha
                                      It's a brand new Willenium!

                                      Comment


                                      • #23
                                        Originally posted by NDShark View Post
                                        It's a brand new Willenium!
                                        But it's the same ole Urban. Wake me up when he has an under 6-2 pro style QB

                                        The same goes for ND. I love this offer for marketing purposes but he's going somewhere else... Maybe to the school that Magic Mike is coaching in '19.

                                        Comment


                                        • #24
                                          Which Magic Mike, bc I would doubt this is a Sanford offer.
                                          http://irishtp.com/

                                          Comment


                                          • #25
                                            Originally posted by IrishTP View Post
                                            Which Magic Mike, bc I would doubt this is a Sanford offer.
                                            Which Magic Mike... The one that makes the Mothers say Heeeeeeeeey!

                                            His name is connected with it. It may have been CBK's call but it appears Sanford delivered the news.

                                            .
                                            Last edited by NDCrusader; 02-10-2016, 01:09 PM.

                                            Comment


                                            • #26
                                              Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                              Which Magic Mike... The one that makes the Mothers say Heeeeeeeeey!

                                              His name is connected with it. It may have been CBK's call but it appears Sanford delivered the news.

                                              .
                                              It's also a school Mike Denbrock recruits.
                                              http://irishtp.com/

                                              Comment


                                              • #27
                                                Originally posted by IrishTP View Post
                                                It's also a school Mike Denbrock recruits.
                                                From the South Bend Trib by Tyler James...

                                                Notre Dame has identified its first quarterback target in the 2019 class. Yes, 2019.
                                                J.T. Daniels, a freshman at Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei, reported a Notre Dame offer Wednesday night.....
                                                Irish offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Mike Sanford has shown a pattern of targeting quarterbacks early in the recruiting process and one at a time since coming to Notre Dame.
                                                From Ivins / Rivals:

                                                Notre Dame has offered one of the nation’s top freshmen.
                                                Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei quarterback JT Daniels tweeted late Wednesday that he had picked up a bid from the Irish.
                                                Daniels, who threw for 3,042 yards and 33 touchdowns this past season, becomes the first offer for Notre Dame in the class of 2019.
                                                Irish offensive coordinator Mike Sanford was in Southern California during the Irish’s bye week in October to watch the MaxPreps Freshman Player of The Year practice.

                                                Daniel's profile on Rivals:

                                                https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/172063



                                                That's all I could find. Everything is Sanford related, no one else is metioned.



                                                .

                                                Comment


                                                • #28
                                                  Originally posted by FWIrish4 View Post
                                                  A lot of the guys in my high school class, including myself, were old for our grade and it definitely paid off athletically.
                                                  People like you cost me a state title in wrestling. :(

                                                  I don't like the idea of holding kids back to each their own.
                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #29
                                                    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                    From the South Bend Trib by Tyler James...



                                                    From Ivins / Rivals:




                                                    Daniel's profile on Rivals:

                                                    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/172063



                                                    That's all I could find. Everything is Sanford related, no one else is metioned.



                                                    .
                                                    I would just find it strange Sanford would offer a QB at a school where Denbrock is the primary recruiter at. Help out in the recruitment sure, but Notre Dame isn't going to send both coaches to the same area, as their focus should and will be in different areas of the country.

                                                    Not saying he is a bad prospect or anything, but I would just double-check your info/statements sometimes.
                                                    http://irishtp.com/

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #30
                                                      Originally posted by IrishTP View Post
                                                      I would just find it strange Sanford would offer a QB at a school where Denbrock is the primary recruiter at. Help out in the recruitment sure, but Notre Dame isn't going to send both coaches to the same area, as their focus should and will be in different areas of the country.

                                                      Not saying he is a bad prospect or anything, but I would just double-check your info/statements sometimes.
                                                      Double check what... Rivals' work? Scout's work?
                                                      I provided the links, that's all I can do. If you know something else, share it.

                                                      The link said Sanford watched Daniels in October. Rivals put Sanford as Daniels' recruiter. Is that so shocking as he's the OC/QB coach? Was Sanford not in on McKinley? Alloway?

                                                      That's all I got.

                                                      .
                                                      Last edited by NDCrusader; 02-11-2016, 12:59 AM.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #31
                                                        I can't wait to be disappointed by his recruitment.
                                                        60% of the time, it works every time.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #32
                                                          Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                          Double check what... Rivals' work? Scout's work?
                                                          I provided the links, that's all I can do. If you know something else, share it.

                                                          The link said Sanford watched Daniels in October. Rivals put Sanford as Daniels' recruiter. Is that so shocking as he's the OC/QB coach? Was Sanford not in on McKinley? Alloway?

                                                          That's all I got.

                                                          .
                                                          I mean that is what I have been saying to you. It's not a Sanford offer. I would agree with some of the sentiments on the board yesterday that journalists need to do a better job of checking info. This isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but the right coach does need to get credit for the recruitment.

                                                          Damian Alloway is from Fontana (Calif.).
                                                          Javon McKinley is from Corona (Calif.)

                                                          Both are in Sanford's territory, which is outside the greater Los Angeles area.

                                                          Mike Denbrock recruits Los Angeles.

                                                          If Notre Dame decides to pursue Daniels, it would be Denbrock as his primary recruiter and Sanford tag teaming him at times. I would be very shocked if they pursued Daniels hard. Very early in his recruitment. He can sling the rock, but 2018 and 2019 are going to be very deep classes with QBs and I am not sure Daniels projects as high as some other prospects.
                                                          http://irishtp.com/

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #33
                                                            A lot of the coaches did mention they recruit their position nationwide on the signing day show.

                                                            Don't see why it has to be one recruiter only.

                                                            And I see you citing your sources Crusader. wasnt MLA format tho, so I am docking you 10 points.
                                                            Prehistoric

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #34
                                                              Originally posted by IrishTP View Post
                                                              2018 and 2019 are going to be very deep classes with QBs and I am not sure Daniels projects as high as some other prospects.
                                                              Why is this their first offer if that's the case? Just a PR move?

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #35
                                                                ITT: People arguing over a kid who has yet to become a sophomore.
                                                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #36
                                                                  Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                  ITT: People arguing over a kid who has yet to become a sophomore.
                                                                  flip side, folks complaining that coaches "didnt get in early" on a kid who is only properly recruited november his senior year ala caleb kelly
                                                                  What did Davonte do?

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #37
                                                                    Originally posted by IrishTP View Post
                                                                    I mean that is what I have been saying to you. It's not a Sanford offer. I would agree with some of the sentiments on the board yesterday that journalists need to do a better job of checking info. This isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but the right coach does need to get credit for the recruitment.
                                                                    If you are saying that Denbrock called him an offered him. Fine. You should know, it's what you do. I'm just passing along published info.

                                                                    Damian Alloway is from Fontana (Calif.).
                                                                    Javon McKinley is from Corona (Calif.)
                                                                    Both are in Sanford's territory, which is outside the greater Los Angeles area.
                                                                    Mike Denbrock recruits Los Angeles.
                                                                    Those are in the greater LA area. Both are Inland Empire. It takes about 30 minutes to drive from Mater Dei to Corona Centennial. Bosco is 15 minutes from Centennial. Now, Fontana is just across the San Bernadino Co line and Corona is just across the Riverside Co line so if they are doing it by county that's fine... but that's horrible territory management. Once again, it's what you do so you should have seen the maps. I was just under the assumption from this link that Denbrock had LA/IE/OC/SD and Sanford had everything north.
                                                                    https://notredame.rivals.com/barrier...sp&cid=1742342

                                                                    If Notre Dame decides to pursue Daniels, it would be Denbrock as his primary recruiter and Sanford tag teaming him at times. I would be very shocked if they pursued Daniels hard. Very early in his recruitment. He can sling the rock, but 2018 and 2019 are going to be very deep classes with QBs and I am not sure Daniels projects as high as some other prospects.
                                                                    I'd be shocked too. He's limited athletically, he's short so far & he's a pure drop back passer. Unless he ends up 6-5+ and so good you'd change your offense to accommodate him, I can't see him in the current ND system but they didn't offer Trevor Lawrence in the '18 class and he has the physical skill set to be the kind of QB I mentioned.

                                                                    I think what this is free marketing which I love and it keeps you in the doors at Mater Dei. There are schools that you should be recruiting multiple players in everyday. Mater Dei is one of them, like Bosco, De La Salle, IMG, Aquinas, etc. This is a 4 year pass to the Mater Dei campus.


                                                                    Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                    And I see you citing your sources Crusader. wasnt MLA format tho, so I am docking you 10 points.
                                                                    I did 15 years for Cox Enterprises. My days of MLA are OVAH!



                                                                    Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                    Why is this their first offer if that's the case? Just a PR move?
                                                                    A good one if so and like I said above, it keeps you in the doors at one of America's biggest high school factories.

                                                                    Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                    ITT: People arguing over a kid who has yet to become a sophomore.
                                                                    No, arguing over the passing along of published information that's cited and who's to blame for it when it's wrong as deemed by someone in the recruiting business. We are in agreement about the recruit himself... I think.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #38
                                                                      Freebie interview from last weekend courtesy of Greg Biggins & Scout:

                                                                      Freshman QB J.T. Daniels Talks Notre Dame, Stanford and USC - Football Recruiting - Scout

                                                                      Says his favorite schools are ND, Stanford and SC. Makes sense... my favorite NFL teams are the Bears, Packers & Vikings.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #39
                                                                        Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                        Freebie interview from last weekend courtesy of Greg Biggins & Scout:

                                                                        Freshman QB J.T. Daniels Talks Notre Dame, Stanford and USC - Football Recruiting - Scout

                                                                        Says his favorite schools are ND, Stanford and SC. Makes sense... my favorite NFL teams are the Bears, Packers & Vikings.
                                                                        Almost as bad as ND football fans and IU basketball fans

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #40
                                                                          The kid is like 13. Get back to me in two years.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #41
                                                                            Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                            Almost as bad as ND football fans and IU basketball fans

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #42
                                                                              Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                              don't tell me you are one

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #43
                                                                                Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                                don't tell me you are one
                                                                                Don't you like usc, oregon and ND?

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #44
                                                                                  Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                                  don't tell me you are one
                                                                                  Dude, 90s Indiana...it was all Hoosier basketball and Irish football.
                                                                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #45
                                                                                    Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                                                    Don't you like usc, oregon and ND?
                                                                                    lol fckkkk no. I actually have some family ties to both schools and growing up I did want to go to USC. So I do watch them but if ND football didn't exist anymore I would be an LSU fan

                                                                                    I am confused what that has to do with the point I brought up
                                                                                    Last edited by GBdomer; 02-17-2016, 09:45 PM.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #46
                                                                                      Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                                      Dude, 90s Indiana...it was all Hoosier basketball and Irish football.
                                                                                      .
                                                                                      Last edited by GBdomer; 02-17-2016, 09:58 PM.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #47
                                                                                        Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                                        I guess I am just one of those guys who don't understand how you can root for two different college programs in the same state because one is good at basketball and the other is good at football. But IU basketball blows but I understand where their fans come from.
                                                                                        So it's all good if it's different states? Got it. A kid from wiscy liking LSU makes so much more sense.....
                                                                                        Prehistoric

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #48
                                                                                          Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                                          So it's all good if it's different states? Got it. A kid from wiscy liking LSU makes so much more sense.....
                                                                                          I've always just liked the way LSU plays plus Death Valley I don't think there is a better environment for a football game. You could say I jumped on the bandwagon but it's not like I watch all of LSU games or follow their every move.

                                                                                          Maybe it's just me making fun of my buddy who is an Arkansas football and KSU football fan but a die hard Kansas basketball fan. What if someone was a Duke basketball fan but a UNC football fan? Wouldn't give them grief? Maybe it's just me but I know I'm not alone here. If you want to be an IU basketball fan and a ND football fan I am not stopping ya nor should my opinion matter. I just like to give my buddy a hard time about it because he gets so worked up over this convo. Mind you he roots for the Chiefs when they are good and claims himself the biggest Packer fan.

                                                                                          I guess I just don't understand rooting for two programs from the same state because one is good at basketball and the other is good at football.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #49
                                                                                            Maybe give ur buddy grief then? Is he a member?
                                                                                            Prehistoric

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #50
                                                                                              Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                                              Maybe give ur buddy grief then? Is he a member?
                                                                                              Alright man per the usual these convos go absolutely nowhere with you. If you want to root for 3 different teams from three different states or different teams from the same states then all the power to ya. You give me a hard time for LSU yet you're a Cubs fan, Lakers fan, Redwings fan and Notre Dame fan assuming you root for the Patriots as well? Most call those fans or people the worst sports fans but I won't. I just think it's funny but you don't have to agree with me

                                                                                              Enjoy your night
                                                                                              Last edited by GBdomer; 02-17-2016, 10:05 PM.

                                                                                              Comment

                                                                                              Adsense

                                                                                              Collapse
                                                                                              Working...
                                                                                              X