Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'18 GA RB C'Bo Flemister (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trait Expectations
    replied
    Originally posted by dad4aa View Post

Wow...Actually didn't even notice that. I just get tired of ND shooting themselves in the foot. Recruiting is booming...Irish Invasion is coming with a good chance of several big commitments happening...a lot is going well and then not only does a player have a typical bad off season issue, but the "staff" finds a way to keep it in the news. The marketing team does a great job with the billboards then some fool screws up the social media posts...not sure why I am surprised.
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• NDRock
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

Taking the misdemeanor for leaving the scene, instead of sticking around for a *potentially* more serious charge, is All-American level decision making, IMO.

Depends on what year the BMW is lol
    2014. Not sure on the model. Police put the damage between 10k-25k. Good to see our guys are getting hooked up with some decent rides.

Leave a comment:

• dad4aa
    replied
    you get the point Dale, why do something to bring a negative issue back to the front page?

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied

Wow...Actually didn't even notice that. I just get tired of ND shooting themselves in the foot. Recruiting is booming...Irish Invasion is coming with a good chance of several big commitments happening...a lot is going well and then not only does a player have a typical bad off season issue, but the "staff" finds a way to keep it in the news. The marketing team does a great job with the billboards then some fool screws up the social media posts...not sure why I am surprised.
    “Keep it in the news” is a tad dramatic. C’Bos original issue didn’t even make national waves much less this short lived FB post

Leave a comment:

• dad4aa
    replied
    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

Just wanted to see if you were going to include C'Bo's throwing SC's sign and then using the Fight On! peace emoji too...

Which were both FU's without the accident.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied

Because it was a bonehead move. The purpose of social media is to build a brand (ND football), engage its customers and increase the brand's visibility. The picture was up for only a few minutes before being taken down and was flooded with nothing but negative comments. There was no need to add to that narrative.
    Just wanted to see if you were going to include C'Bo's throwing SC's sign and then using the Fight On! peace emoji too...

Which were both FU's without the accident.

Leave a comment:

• NDisme
    replied
    Difference between Floyd and C’bo was timing, Floyd got in trouble before spring and then was suspended for Spring ball. This happened after, that being said I doubt anything super harsh comes down.

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied
    Originally posted by arrowryan View Post

I know they're different caliber of players, but Michael Floyd didn't miss a game after two DUIs! I'm sure C'Bo's punishment will be be in the wight room with Matt Balis.
    Hope you're right, but this is the same institution that gets a raging hard-on every chance it gets to impose self-sanctions.

Leave a comment:

• arrowryan
    replied
    Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
    I think you forget which team you root for lol
    I know they're different caliber of players, but Michael Floyd didn't miss a game after two DUIs! I'm sure C'Bo's punishment will be be in the wight room with Matt Balis.

Leave a comment:

• dad4aa
    replied
    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

Why?
    Because it was a bonehead move. The purpose of social media is to build a brand (ND football), engage its customers and increase the brand's visibility. The picture was up for only a few minutes before being taken down and was flooded with nothing but negative comments. There was no need to add to that narrative.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied

What moron runs ND Football social media that uses a picture of C'bo instead of one of the other 100 players right now???
    Why?

Leave a comment:

• dad4aa
    replied
    Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
    What moron runs ND Football social media that uses a picture of C'bo instead of one of the other 100 players right now???

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied
    Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
    Yawn. He'll be available for FSU. At least he should be.
    I think you forget which team you root for lol

Leave a comment:

• ulukinatme
    replied
    I can't take credit for this. From our Louisville Tailgate group text:

IrishLion "BMW's are cheap on Facebook marketplace, and good for him. Take the misdemeanor instead of the DUI. That's Power 5-level awareness from the RB!

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• clashmore_mike
    replied
    Screenshot_20210507-192402_Facebook.jpg

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    Just spitballin', but getting out of there like he did, tells me he probably had a few Zimas prior to the mishap. As Beau said, thankfully no one was hurt.

*Breaking News*

ND to forfeit all 2020 games due to player being on Zima while team officials turned their heads.

Leave a comment:

• arrowryan
    replied
    Yawn. He'll be available for FSU. At least he should be.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Just spitballin', but getting out of there like he did, tells me he probably had a few Zimas prior to the mishap. As Beau said, thankfully no one was hurt.

Leave a comment:

• NDdomer2
    replied
    Isn't he likely just to get a fine + community service?

Leave a comment:

• GoldenToTheGrave
    replied
    First of all, leaving the scene of an accident =/= hit and run. Not a great look necessarily but let's not get carried away. Is this his last year of eligibility?

As far as his field play he's more than capable as a 3rd rb on an FBS team, and has earned what reps he's received. Runs hard. And I'm happy to have him as the guy to take a garbage time pounding to keep our #1 and #2 fresh in garage time.

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied
    Looks like Estime just got a promotion without ever stepping foot on campus \_(ツ)_/

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Hold up! I'm here to hype C'Bo.

58 carries for 300 yds and 5 TD's is basically perfect 3rd back numbers when your QB's adding 500 yds too.

5.2 yds per carry is something Jahmir Smith never sniffed.

#FreeC'Bo!

Leave a comment:

• DONTH8
    replied
    Everyone it was me hyping him up. When I saw him signal the first down while being held up by a couple o-linemen and smashed against some defenders, I couldn't help myself but hype him up. My apologies to the board.

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    Would be an awful way to see his career with the Irish end if that ended up being the case.

But I'm just thankful that it sounds like no one was hurt in the crash except his car. I'm interested to hear how this story shakes out.

Leave a comment:

• PANDFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

Taking the misdemeanor for leaving the scene, instead of sticking around for a *potentially* more serious charge, is All-American level decision making, IMO.

ZACTLY

Leave a comment:

• Irishnuke
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post
    Since this is bumped, he's on my top 5 most over-hyped backups in recent ND history. People seem to always wonder why he's not getting more carries and I've always wondered why he's getting as many as he is. I thought Jamir Smith was the better RB by far, and I'd love to see one of the rookie RB's take all of C'bo's carries this year. And that has nothing to do with this incident.
    Nobody has ever overhyped C'Bo. Nobody. Ever.

Leave a comment:

• IrishLion
    replied
    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    Yea, I wish we still could neg rep. Neg rep worthy, IMO. C'Bo comes in for garbage snaps and goes 100% every time he touches the ball. I got mad love for players that play like that and I think most people agree. At no point have I seen a single poster say that he should play over Kyren or Tyree. As much as, we are excited when he gets in the game because his effort and passion is infectious.
    Also seems like he's got some of the "Armando Allen Disease," where he's always getting wrapped up by that last shoe-string tackle on the ankle that keeps him from hitting the big one lol.

And that points to how strong he is; you rarely seem him going down in the pile, it's much more common for him to bounce off and fight through tacklers, to the point where he's dragging a defender forward that's hanging on to his legs for dear life.

Leave a comment:

• Cackalacky2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by Dale View Post

True story... My sister babysat Seth and Steph. Dell was awesome and Sonya was/is smokin hot.

Leave a comment:

• IrishLion
    replied
    Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
    nothing good happens after midnight, the night after the spring game too, SMH

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
    Flemister crashed his BMW.....just wait for the responses to say we're paying players

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    Since this is bumped, he's on my top 5 most over-hyped backups in recent ND history. People seem to always wonder why he's not getting more carries and I've always wondered why he's getting as many as he is. I thought Jamir Smith was the better RB by far, and I'd love to see one of the rookie RB's take all of C'bo's carries this year. And that has nothing to do with this incident.

Leave a comment:

• IrishRazor82
    replied
    I swear I've seen people always ask why he doesn't get more carries when he's in because he breaks a tackle and to his credit it does runs hard. This slowed when Kyren took over. But to me Cbo's always been slow to the hole compared to others and doesn't have burst. To each his own.

Leave a comment:

• FightingIrishLover7
    replied
    Wait, people have been overhyping C'bo?
    Is he thinking of someone else?
    I'm really lost.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Yea, I wish we still could neg rep. Neg rep worthy, IMO. C'Bo comes in for garbage snaps and goes 100% every time he touches the ball. I got mad love for players that play like that and I think most people agree. At no point have I seen a single poster say that he should play over Kyren or Tyree. As much as, we are excited when he gets in the game because his effort and passion is infectious.
    Perfectly said.

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Almost made me think it was Koon on a backup profile lol

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TNUtoNotreDame
    replied
    I haven't seen him hyped at all. Most I observed were thinking it was a meh type of commit. But I believe he has done well with the opportunities he has gotten. Hopefully this is just a little blip on the screen and lessons are learned.

Leave a comment:

• TP81989
    replied
    I have a hard time remembering anybody ever over-hyping Flemister.

Just say you don't like the guy.

Leave a comment:

• tussin
    replied
    I love this.

"Seeing that C'Bo just crashed his vehicle and was charged with a crime, I'm going to take this opportunity to crap all over him as a football player."

Leave a comment:

• IrishRazor82
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Huntr
    replied
    How many points is this in the Fulmer Cup?

Leave a comment:

• PANDFAN
    replied
    Flemister crashed his BMW.....just wait for the responses to say we're paying players

Leave a comment:

• Trait Expectations
    replied
    I really like C'Bo but i thought he played himself out of the 3rd spot in the BG game. Or at least, I thought he did nothing to strengthen his hold on the 3rd spot with the 2 freshman RBs coming in summer. Hope he gets his misdemeanor cleared up.

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
    Ah, the off-season, where only bad comes.
    nothing good happens after midnight, the night after the spring game too, SMH

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    Ugh, that's brutal. I love C'Bo. I hope this works out for him.
    was just listening to Shamrock podcast this AM and they were praising C'Bo for maturity in sticking it out at ND and contributing despite two younger guys ahead of him on the depth chart

Leave a comment:

• FightingIrishLover7
    replied
    Ah, the off-season, where only bad news comes.
    Last edited by FightingIrishLover7; 05-06-2021, 12:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Ugh, that's brutal. I love C'Bo. I hope this works out for him.

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rtrn2glory
    replied
    Anxiously waiting the injury report... Bye week coming at a perfect time...

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Irishize View Post
    Hope hes not seriously injured. He seems to be motivated by the success of Kyren & knows Tyree is the future so hes making the most of his reps and running angry.
    They'll all be back next year.
    It's a great group of complimentary guys.

One is just all around great, including blocking.
    One is electric, and still a pup that will get better and better.
    And the last one is a very mad, and very bad, dude that seems to have gone grown ass man over the off season.

If it weren't for this Covid crap, I'd have a hat made with CBo Trucking on it for tailgating.

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    Hope he’s not seriously injured. He seems to be motivated by the success of Kyren & knows Tyree is the future so he’s making the most of his reps and running angry.

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X