Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'18 GA TE Tommy Tremble (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post
    From Driskell & SI.com
    The only part of that which is true is the first paragraph. He was hungry to make plays in the passing game but Rees ultimately went away from schemes that would feature him.

Everything else is either a total fabrication or information from a bad source. They did not propose moving him to WR. They had an open ended conversation about his role and how he could catch more passes, and one thing they talked about was him playing more detached (e.g. in the slot) like he did in 2019 to give him more opportunities to be featured in the passing game. This is because everyone there knew/knows that Mayer is going to be the top dog as the TE so they weren't going to bullshit him about taking reps from Mayer.

The other truth is that he's gotten some really good feedback... which time will tell if it's accurate or not... based on his pass catching tape from last year + blocking tape from this year. While fewer NFL teams run an H-Back or FB than they used to, some expect Tremble to get drafted in the middle rounds based on his unique skillset... and it was unlikely that he would improve that projection with another year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
      My guess is that with a new offensive line next year we may go more open on offense and go less power. Which means less two te sets. Which if it means more speed and athleticism on the field with wrís Iím good with that.

And thereís no reason our current teís canít learn to block like tremble did.
      Everything I've heard is that -- regardless of whether it's Buchner or Coan or combination (and most people think the Day 1 starter will be Coan unless they get him in Spring camp and he turns into a pumpkin) -- they are going to run a wide open, aggressive passing attack offense in 2021 relative to what we saw in 2020. And the main reason they're going to do this is because the OL is going to be categorically worse than it was in 2020 for at least the start of the season. Once Banks decided to go pro, it was an inevitability that they weren't going to be able to run the same kind of "heavy" offense as last year. Also, they expect to be able to attack the middle of the field with Coan like they haven't recently, and Coan can't be featured in the run game the same as Book.

So they are going to feature Austin + Mayer + whichever other WRs step up, and they're going to chuck all over the yard. They're going to use Kyren Williams in the passing game a ton as well. I think it'll look more like a Mike Leach offense than anything we've seen since Kelly came to town.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
        Everything I've heard is that -- regardless of whether it's Buchner or Coan or combination (and most people think the Day 1 starter will be Coan unless they get him in Spring camp and he turns into a pumpkin) -- they are going to run a wide open, aggressive passing attack offense in 2021 relative to what we saw in 2020. And the main reason they're going to do this is because the OL is going to be categorically worse than it was in 2020 for at least the start of the season. Once Banks decided to go pro, it was an inevitability that they weren't going to be able to run the same kind of "heavy" offense as last year. Also, they expect to be able to attack the middle of the field with Coan like they haven't recently, and Coan can't be featured in the run game the same as Book.

So they are going to feature Austin + Mayer + whichever other WRs step up, and they're going to chuck all over the yard. They're going to use Kyren Williams in the passing game a ton as well. I think it'll look more like a Mike Leach offense than anything we've seen since Kelly came to town.
        Do you have an in with the staff? As someone who always has the best intel at this site, how do you "hear" things?

Comment

• Originally posted by tussin View Post
          Do you have an in with the staff? As someone who always has the best intel at this site, how do you "hear" things?
          Lax is Loy

Comment

• Originally posted by tussin View Post
            Well if he told you, then heíd have to kill you.

Comment

This sounds correct and makes sense. Also I would like to add the George Takacs has picked up his play and seems like he is going to be a very good #2 TE in the upcoming years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I think we'll see a lot more athleticism at WR next year then if we're going heavy passing attack. McKinley worked because he was a phenomenal blocker on the edge, but it makes sense...if what LAX is saying is true, and we certainly are reloading on the OL, we'll want a passing attack where we get the ball out quick to offset the growing pains. That means quicker, athletic receivers. Spring will be interesting to see who steps up at all offensive positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                  That's gotta be bullshit lol.

You don't turn a TE into a glorified fullback, and THEN try to convince him to stay by telling him you're going to the complete opposite end of the spectrum and making him a WR. BK, Tommy and McNulty are all too smart for that.

The ONLY way that makes sense, is if Tremble said "I want to catch more passes," and the coaches told him they could plan to flex him out much more often next year.

And if that's the case, and Tremble took that as "they just want me to play WR," then he was simply looking for any excuse to declare early, and he would have done it regardless of what they told him.
                  Yeah, this makes way more sense. They could have offered to flex him out like they did with Eifert, but a move to WR? That's a stretch, and if that's what he's reporting it just feels like fabrication. It's like having Peyton Manning at QB and telling him we're moving you to RB. The guy is a TE, or a FB at worst. You can flex him out, but he belongs with the big guys opening holes and occasionally hitting seam and corner routes.

Comment

Awesome to hear and it makes sense to go that route
                    Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Best of luck to him. He’d be a good backfill for Jack Doyle next year opening holes for Mack and Taylor.

Comment

I am not worried at all about the WR position. With who ND has returning and the incoming class ND is fine. ND can really mix it up with their WR weapons and throw a loop to the opposing DC.

Comment

• Would be nice to have the senior leadership he would bring and his desire to block block block. I donít suppose Brock Wright has any interest in coming back getting a masters and getting more exposure. I would think he would get greater playing time. Still pissed at Takas for causing our TD to be called back against Bama.

Comment

• This is a big hit.
                            Good luck Tommy! I hope you're a Jet!

Comment

• Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                              I am not worried at all about the WR position. With who ND has returning and the incoming class ND is fine. ND can really mix it up with their WR weapons and throw a loop to the opposing DC.
                              Agreed w/ one caveat: Johnson, Lenzy & Austin have to get/stay healthy and keep their noses clean. I think Austin just had surgery last week...what a waste of rehab time to put it off.

Comment

Agreed w/ one caveat: Johnson, Lenzy & Austin have to get/stay healthy and keep their noses clean. I think Austin just had surgery last week...what a waste of rehab time to put it off.
                                Yep. Absolute bonehead decision. Honestly, I think we just need to accept that there's a very good chance that Austin never makes a difference on the field at ND.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

per II podcast it was Austin's decision to postpone in the case he had a chance to make it back for the National Championship
                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                      No surprise there. We are going to miss him this coming season.
                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X