Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'18 GA TE Tommy Tremble (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '18 GA TE Tommy Tremble (Notre Dame Signee)

    Tight End - DE
    <strike>Alpharetta, GA
    John's Creek HS</strike>
    Norcross Wesleyan HS


    Measurements:
    6-4
    225

    Rankings 5-3-17:

    247 Comp ......... NR
    247 .................... ......... #28 TE ..... #687 OA ...... 86 rating
    Scout ................. NR
    Rivals .................
    ESPN .................. NR

    Rankings 7-6-17:

    247 Comp .......... ..... #24 TE ..... #542 OA ..... .8630 rating
    247 .................... ..... #28 TE ..... #687 OA ...... 86
    Scout .................. ..... #69 TE ..... #1294 OA
    Rivals .................. ..... #19 TE .......................... 5.7
    ESPN ................... ..... #9 TE-H ........................ 7.9

    Offers:
    Notre Dame
    The Ivy League
    UGa
    Colo St
    Fres St
    Maryland
    Minny
    Ole Miss
    S Car
    Tenn
    UCLA
    Vandy
    Va Tech
    WVU

    Media Links:

    Twitter - @TommyTrem

    https://www.hudl.com/profile/4531931/tommy-tremble

    Highlights:

    <iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4531931/5821edf73bd81582e4a43b3f' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From Georgia ✈️ South Bend, <a href="https://twitter.com/TommyTrem?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TommyTrem</a> joins Coach Long&#39;s already impressive Irish TE core. <br><br>An elite athlete will create a mismatch for opposing defenses. <br><br>Welcome to the family, Weapon X!<br> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoIrish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoIrish </a> ☘ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/IrishBouND18?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Ir ishBouND18</a> <a href="https://t.co/oPracWduI0">pic.twitter.com/oPracWduI0</a></p>&mdash; Notre Dame Football (@NDFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/NDFootball/status/943501294261735424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 20, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Last edited by NDCrusader; 12-20-2017, 12:32 PM.

  • #4
    The Good:

    Has all the Ivy offers
    Ran a 4.62 at the Opening Regional. 111+ Score
    Stanford hasn't offered yet
    Coming to Irish Invasion

    The Bad:

    Dad played at UGa
    UGa has offered
    Stanford could offer
    REALLY wish they'd offer Anthony Torres and put him on the Balis iron diet.


    The Mystery:

    Why are they offering if Takacs is a lock?
    Are they taking 2 TE's?
    Is he a take as a FLEX to replace Alize?

    Comment


    • #5
      They can't possibly be taking two TEs, can they? After our haul last year?

      Comment


      • #6
        Edit: Scratch that, I can't read.
        Last edited by ResLife Hero; 05-03-2017, 03:42 PM. Reason: Pictures and words confuse me

        Comment


        • #7
          Originally posted by KizerWilhelm View Post
          They can't possibly be taking two TEs, can they? After our haul last year?
          I believe IrishLion illustrated this the other day. ND "could" thin out the TE depth chart should they want to or things break a certain way. Smythe is gone, Alize goes to the league, don't ask weishar back and Lutua graduates.

          From what I've gathered, it seems like one spot is for a TE or WR. So best available. Maybe 3 Wr's/2TE's or 4WR's/1TE. Can't say that with 100% certainty but it seems to be out there.
          Last edited by Luckylucci; 05-03-2017, 03:55 PM.

          Comment


          • #8
            Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
            I believe IrishLion illustrated this the other day. ND "could" thin out the TE depth chart should they want to or things break a certain way. Smythe is gone, Alize goes to the league, don't ask weishar back and Lutua graduates.

            From what I've gathered, it seems like one spot is for a TE or WR. So best available. Maybe 3 Wr's/2TE's or 4WR's/1TE. Can't say that with 100% certainty but it seems to be out there.
            To piggyback off of this, ISD was raving about Kmet looking physically ready. If he's ready, maybe they don't actually redshirt him? Which would give maybe 2 years between Wright/Kmet and whoever comes in the fall of '18.

            Comment


            • #9
              The bad: His last name is Tremble.

              We have no room on this team for fear.
              Originally posted by koonja
              I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

              Comment


              • #10
                But alas poor Tommy, we hardly knew thee.

                Wiltfong w/ a Georgia CB

                Comment


                • #11
                  Shocking!

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    Originally posted by Domina Nostra View Post
                    Shocking!
                    If he wants to come to II and he has ALL those Ivy offers... he might be an evolution kid that needs to take a step or two up the educational ladder. So that part I can see a dad being ok and proud that his son is bettering himself vs what he accomplished.

                    If you watched his film you saw a kid who lines up traditional and blows through secondaries. He's a plus athlete at the position and no doubt he could be a flex

                    BUT

                    Why would you recruit another Alize Jones when you have a roster full of them starting at WR right now and another one committed in '18?

                    I like the idea of Torres coming in as a TE / potential OT. If he goes to Central Michigan (Staley, Fisher, hell - Watt) or Indiana (Spriggs) he's the kinda prospect that ends up a 1st or 2nd rounder.

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                      If he wants to come to II and he has ALL those Ivy offers... he might be an evolution kid that needs to take a step or two up the educational ladder. So that part I can see a dad being ok and proud that his son is bettering himself vs what he accomplished.

                      If you watched his film you saw a kid who lines up traditional and blows through secondaries. He's a plus athlete at the position and no doubt he could be a flex

                      BUT

                      Why would you recruit another Alize Jones when you have a roster full of them starting at WR right now and another one committed in '18?

                      I like the idea of Torres coming in as a TE / potential OT. If he goes to Central Michigan (Staley, Fisher, hell - Watt) or Indiana (Spriggs) he's the kinda prospect that ends up a 1st or 2nd rounder.
                      I wouldn't mind having a couple more jumbo receivers, personally! If visits, it was worth the staff's time for sure.

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/FBCoachJC">@FBCoachJC</a>: Leadership of 2018 GA TE &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a> target Tommy Tremble (<a href="https://twitter.com/TommyTrem">@TommyTrem</a>) is obvious (FREE) <a href="https://t.co/Ctm8j9ex6g">https://t.co/Ctm8j9ex6g</a></p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/864834700820566016">May 17, 2017</a></blockquote>
                        <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                        What did Davonte do?

                        Comment


                        • #16
                          Essentially put ND in his top 4 with UGA, Tenn., and Duke. With visits to Tenn. on the 17th, and ND on the 24th.

                          2018 TE Tommy Tremble says Duke, three others stand out!

                          Comment


                          • #17
                            <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Georgia tight end Tommy Tremble sees a fit at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a> following visit. Full visit recap with <a href="https://twitter.com/BGI_CoreyBodden">@BGI_CoreyBodden</a> <a href="https://t.co/HJq79BwUAD">https://t.co/HJq79BwUAD</a> <a href="https://t.co/iLwcPPOulw">pic.twitter.com/iLwcPPOulw</a></p>&mdash; BlueandGold.com (@BGInews) <a href="https://twitter.com/BGInews/status/877911445136068608">June 22, 2017</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                            What did Davonte do?

                            Comment


                            • #18
                              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One of my favorite visits so far, can&#39;t wait to be back in South Bend!!! ☘️☘️#IrishBouND18 <a href="https://t.co/ZLBv7jRMFm">pic.twitter.com/ZLBv7jRMFm</a></p>&mdash; Weapon-X 💉 (@TommyTrem) <a href="https://twitter.com/TommyTrem/status/877914739900379136">June 22, 2017</a></blockquote>
                              <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                              What did Davonte do?

                              Comment


                              • #19
                                <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">TE Tommy Tremble following his visit to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a> - &quot;Notre Dame might be number 1 right now.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/yTmxSF5ZKG">https://t.co/yTmxSF5ZKG</a> <a href="https://t.co/PqsOhe58v4">pic.twitter.com/PqsOhe58v4</a></p>&mdash; Kevin Sinclair (@fightingirishk1) <a href="https://twitter.com/fightingirishk1/status/877916380149850112">June 22, 2017</a></blockquote>
                                <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                Comment


                                • #20
                                  Loy goes big with the Crystal Ball today to ND

                                  Comment


                                  • #21
                                    Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                    Loy goes big with the Crystal Ball today to ND
                                    SO BRAVE

                                    Comment


                                    • #22
                                      Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                      Loy goes big with the Crystal Ball today to ND
                                      He CB's any recruit that says they enjoyed their visit. Loy, let's see where we are after the excitement of the visit wears off a little.

                                      Comment


                                      • #23
                                        Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                        He CB's any recruit that says they enjoyed their visit. Loy, let's see where we are after the excitement of the visit wears off a little.
                                        I guess I should've used italics to indicate sarcasm

                                        Comment


                                        • #24
                                          Is Tremble even still a take at this point? I thought we were just taking the one TE, unless we're looking at him at OL?

                                          Comment


                                          • #25
                                            Originally posted by KizerWilhelm View Post
                                            Is Tremble even still a take at this point? I thought we were just taking the one TE, unless we're looking at him at OL?
                                            Definitely not an OL recruit. Sounds like he's still a take. We'll be running a lot of 2 TE sets so we'll be needing more functional depth than previous years. Plus, the TE depth chart is going to thin out after this season.

                                            Comment


                                            • #26
                                              Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                              Definitely not an OL recruit. Sounds like he's still a take. We'll be running a lot of 2 TE sets so we'll be needing more functional depth than previous years. Plus, the TE depth chart is going to thin out after this season.
                                              Worst-case scenario in terms of numbers:

                                              Smythe exhausts eligibility
                                              Mack tears it up and hits the NFL
                                              Weishar takes a 5th year somewhere

                                              That leaves us with Wright and Kmet. I think we definitely need 2 TE's this class.

                                              Even if Mack returns, taking two still makes sense as you could stagger the redshirts.

                                              Comment


                                              • #27
                                                I've heard the staff is looking at 2 TE for this class and Georgia will be hard to beat. My gut says that the game between ND and Georgia could be an impact on Tommy's recruitment.

                                                Comment


                                                • #28
                                                  Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                                  I've heard the staff is looking at 2 TE for this class and Georgia will be hard to beat. My gut says that the game between ND and Georgia could be an impact on Tommy's recruitment.
                                                  I'd say the result of the Ga.-ND game will have no impact on his decision.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #29
                                                    UGA guy from 247 put in a ND cb. That's a big one. I see Tommy playing a similar role as what the staff is planning to do with Alize

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #30
                                                      The more I think about this the more I think I would have converted one of the jumbo WR's to this position. This is a valuable scholarship in 2018.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #31
                                                        Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                        The more I think about this the more I think I would have converted one of the jumbo WR's to this position. This is a valuable scholarship in 2018.
                                                        There's a great chance that the 2018 roster will only have Kmet, Wright, and Takacs. Adding Tremble will keep the depth at a semi healthy level; so, using a scholarship on him is valuable too. I'm not a fan of using a jumbo WR for his position. ESB is too skinny, Claypool has the strength and athleticism to be a terrible mismatch out wide, and Boykin showed a lot of promise this spring at receiver.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #32
                                                          Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                          There's a great chance that the 2018 roster will only have Kmet, Wright, and Takacs. Adding Tremble will keep the depth at a semi healthy level; so, using a scholarship on him is valuable too. I'm not a fan of using a jumbo WR for his position. ESB is too skinny, Claypool has the strength and athleticism to be a terrible mismatch out wide, and Boykin showed a lot of promise this spring at receiver.
                                                          I get all that. I just don't see The big 3 getting enough snaps to justify keeping both Boykin and Claypool at WR when either could thrive at BK's version of the Flex. Stepherson and McKinley are coming for snaps. If Von McK is healthy, it's just a matter of time before Von breaks out... and jumbo reinforcements are on the way with Micah Jones next season.

                                                          Now, if the Flex has been redefined by Long then that's another story.
                                                          Last edited by NDCrusader; 07-03-2017, 09:27 AM.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #33
                                                            3 more CBs in Notre Dame's favor have come in since the UGA guy put one down this morning. One of them coming from an Auburn guy. If the guys down south are making predictions, maybe something is about to go down

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #34
                                                              Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                              3 more CBs in Notre Dame's favor have come in since the UGA guy put one down this morning. One of them coming from an Auburn guy. If the guys down south are making predictions, maybe something is about to go down
                                                              He basically called ND his leader post visit, so if he's getting ready to decide, then you'd think ND is going to be the choice. I guess I haven't seen what his expected timeline is, but maybe these guys are hearing it could be coming soon, I hope so.

                                                              I really like Tremble as a compliment to Takacs, and I think this continues to upgrade the athleticism of our TE position, so I like taking him.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #35
                                                                Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                He basically called ND his leader post visit, so if he's getting ready to decide, then you'd think ND is going to be the choice. I guess I haven't seen what his expected timeline is, but maybe these guys are hearing it could be coming soon, I hope so.

                                                                I really like Tremble as a compliment to Takacs, and I think this continues to upgrade the athleticism of our TE position, so I like taking him.
                                                                Not only will he upgrade the overall athleticism of the group, he'll probably be the most athletic tight end on the roster once Alize is gone

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #36
                                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Blessed to have come down to these 6 schools...������ <a href="https://t.co/iXJ1d3ubKF">pic.twitter.com/iXJ1d3ubKF</a></p>&mdash; Weapon-X �� (@TommyTrem) <a href="https://twitter.com/TommyTrem/status/882343592160890880">July 4, 2017</a></blockquote>
                                                                  <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                                                  f'n Fresno
                                                                  What did Davonte do?

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #37
                                                                    Imagine being Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss or Vanderbilt and seeing a Georgia kid give Fresno State a nod over you, lol.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #38
                                                                      It was really just a Top 5 and Fresno gets the plug for being the first school to offer.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #39
                                                                        Fresno offers everybody apparently
                                                                        What did Davonte do?

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #40
                                                                          Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                          Fresno offers everybody apparently
                                                                          Iowa St offers everybody. Fresno has only offered 101 p;ayers in '18, even stingy ND has offered 165.

                                                                          Iowa St? 365.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #41
                                                                            According to Sampson on podcast Tremble could pop for ND at any time. On his visit spent a lot of time with Chip Long and Alize Mack. Came away impressed especially with Mack explaining why he chose ND over UCLA. Not as talented as Mack but similar type player, more of a flexed out TE or large wide out.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #42
                                                                              Not as talented as a receiver, without doubt but Tremble has laid down some incredible combine #'s that make him unique.

                                                                              Usually 6-4 225lb guys that run 4.62's are 4 - 5 star WDE's.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #43
                                                                                Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                                Not as talented as a receiver, without doubt but Tremble has laid down some incredible combine #'s that make him unique.

                                                                                Usually 6-4 225lb guys that run 4.62's are 4 - 5 star WDE's.
                                                                                Honestly, always kind of wondered if Tremble could swing as a DE project.
                                                                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #44
                                                                                  Tremble's school, John's Creek, plays against my nephew's school end of August. I'll go get a look at him. Wow, I just discovered John's Creek opens the season at home against Derrik Allen's school Lassiter. John's Creek is only a 15-20 minute drive for me. Get to see both play.
                                                                                  Last edited by dwshade; 07-06-2017, 03:37 PM.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #45
                                                                                    Paid sites seem to know/think that he has a decision date that is very soon. Can anyone share when that is?

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #46
                                                                                      Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                                      Paid sites seem to know/think that he has a decision date that is very soon. Can anyone share when that is?
                                                                                      I don't believe one has been set yet, the belief is he's in decision mode and one could come at any time

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #47
                                                                                        I saw a post from Matt Freeman on July 5th saying a decision would come either "this week or next week."

                                                                                        https://irishsportsdaily.com/forums/.../replies/83904

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #48
                                                                                          Wiltfong and another UGA guy put in a ND cb.

                                                                                          Please pop soon
                                                                                          Last edited by arrowryan; 07-17-2017, 08:17 AM.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #49
                                                                                            Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                                            Wiltfong and another UGA guy put in a ND cb.

                                                                                            Please pop soon
                                                                                            When I glanced at your response I thought you wrote, "Please poop soon".

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #50
                                                                                              Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                                              Wiltfong and another UGA guy put in a ND cb.

                                                                                              Please pop soon
                                                                                              Haha, 247 went into meltdown mode when they found out he visited UGA over the weekend. No way ND could land a kid after he visited UGA last. That board is a mess.

                                                                                              Comment

                                                                                              Adsense

                                                                                              Collapse
                                                                                              Working...
                                                                                              X