Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'18 CA LB Jack Lamb (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    That's where I'd go if I was Lamb.
    If itís a playing time issue, why follow the guy that wasnít playing you.
    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
      The straw that broke the camel's back for Jack was the fact that Simon and Marist were not playing great and he thought he should've gotten more playing time because of it once healthy. Lea made that decision. Lamb won't go to Vandy.

One other note, The other Bucks were not happy about this situation either.
      Per who? Did you have this conversation with Jack? Or the other Bucks?

Comment

Per who? Did you have this conversation with Jack? Or the other Bucks?
        Source inside the Gug. If I am speculating I will state that, but this is no speculation. There was a possibility that he was going to stay if Lea left. It is speculated by my source that it could still happen, meaning he could still stay, but that it is unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post
          If itís a playing time issue, why follow the guy that wasnít playing you.
          Because Vanderbilt's linebacker room isn't our linebacker room, you're already familiar with the system which gives you another advantage, and the degree value is on par (or maybe slightly better if you want to live in the South).

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
            Because Vanderbilt's linebacker room isn't our linebacker room, you're already familiar with the system which gives you another advantage, and the degree value is on par (or maybe slightly better if you want to live in the South).
            i just happened to see this and not so sure....depending on his DC they could very easily run a different scheme...yes i would assume he would want someone familiar w/ his preference but to say it will be is not a fact
            EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

+3
              "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

I'm reading this as "Maybe slightly on par if you want to live in the South"

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post
                  I'm reading this as "Maybe slightly on par if you want to live in the South"
                  You'd be surprised I think. Being a Vandy guy in the South opens a lot of doors.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

You'd be surprised I think. Being a Vandy guy in the South opens a lot of doors.
                    Hammer would know.

Comment

• This is off-topic but have you ever seen Jack Lamb behind the drums? He's a maniac. Taught by the best, J.K. Simmons.

Comment

The straw that broke the camel's back for Jack was the fact that Simon and Marist were not playing great and he thought he should've gotten more playing time because of it once healthy. Lea made that decision. Lamb won't go to Vandy.

One other note, The other Bucks were not happy about this situation either.
                        Is common perception that Marist wasn't playing well? I felt like he was a clear upgrade when he started playing more often. Super high on his potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by benneboy View Post
                          Is common perception that Marist wasn't playing well? I felt like he was a clear upgrade when he started playing more often. Super high on his potential.
                          To answer your question, I don't think it is common perception that Marist played bad all year. In my opinion he played better than Shayne Simon.

To clarify, this was really more directed to Shayne Simon. In my own opinion I thought Shayne could have played better overall this season. Early on he looked mechanical and made mistakes. I thought he played amazing in the Clemson game (part 1), but he only had 14 tackles this year. Think about that. I know he split time with Marist, but still he had the least amount of tackles amongst any of the LBs in the 2 deep. One could also argue the Buck LB group (Marist/Shayne) was the weakest part of the LB core. Did they play well enough to keep Jack Lamb on the bench?

I like both Marist and Shayne as players and I thought they went through some growing pains, which should be expected.

Comment

Source inside the Gug. If I am speculating I will state that, but this is no speculation. There was a possibility that he was going to stay if Lea left. It is speculated by my source that it could still happen, meaning he could still stay, but that it is unlikely.
                            Sounds like a Driskell narrative to me.

3 of the 4 Buck LB's played. 1 played a decent amount and the other 2 played a lot. So where are all these Buck LB's that were mad about playing time?

In what universe would the Buck LB's, as a group, be more made with snaps being broken out between 3 guys versus just 1. It literally makes no sense. If each one of them thought they were the best and should've played all the snaps, then that's on them. The coach who knows a shitload more about football than they or Driskell didn't think so.

Comment

Sounds like a Driskell narrative to me.

3 of the 4 Buck LB's played. 1 played a decent amount and the other 2 played a lot. So where are all these Buck LB's that were mad about playing time?

In what universe would the Buck LB's, as a group, be more made with snaps being broken out between 3 guys versus just 1. It literally makes no sense. If each one of them thought they were the best and should've played all the snaps, then that's on them. The coach who knows a shitload more about football than they or Driskell didn't think so.
                              I said the exact same things when I was told as well. More to come on the Buck LB group in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by benneboy View Post
                                he played wild at times and wasn't always in his lane which lead to some runs ...he played much better at the end of the season...
                                EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per Source: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/illini?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#illini</a> football will be receiving a commitment from a Notre Dame LB transfer. Huge position of need, BB continues to utilize the portal.</p>&mdash; Not Big Ten Conference (@notbigten) <a href="https://twitter.com/notbigten/status/1354240204148768771?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://247sports.com/Article/Notre-...CU--159071019/

Lamb is finishing out the spring semester at Notre Dame as mentioned and will enroll at his new school of choice in the summer.

He said since entering the portal he has heard from Cal, Colorado, Duke, TCU, NC State, West Virginia and Kentucky and landed an offer from the Buffs Sunday night.

“Colorado is my first offer so far so that was exciting,” Lamb said. “They’re on me the heaviest right now and I’ve talked to coach Summers, the LB coach and coach Dorrell, who was the one who offered me.
                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Excited to announce that I will be continuing my football career and pursuing a masterís degree at the University of Colorado Boulder! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoBuffs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoBuffs </a> 🦬 <a href="https://t.co/4GTXvpyv1h">pic.twitter.com/4GTXvpyv1h</a></p>&mdash; Jack Lamb (@JackLamb_) <a href="https://twitter.com/JackLamb_/status/1357428006306865155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Solid landing spot. Should have quick opp to start I’d assume

Comment

• Good luck to him. When healthy, he's a good player.
                                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• would have liked to see him stay and be solid on ST. Him and Botelho had a bit of the Bash Brothers about them in 2020
                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                            would have liked to see him stay and be solid on ST. Him and Botelho had a bit of the Bash Brothers about them in 2020

Comment

• https://247sports.com/Article/Notre-...ng--160466273/

Cal, Colorado, Duke, TCU, NC State, West Virginia and Kentucky were just a few of the schools who had reached out

Comment

• I never could get a handle on what happened this year with Lamb. He was impressive as a 3rd down LB last year (2019) and was our leading tackler on special teams this year. You don't tear down the field on kickoff and punts if you're playing hurt. He was buried on the depth chart but the guys ahead of him were spotty at best. Why didn't Lea give him a shot?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                Working...
                                                X