Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'18 NC RB Jahmir Smith (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's impressed me in the limited carries he's been given. Think he could feature heavily in the rotation in 20/21. Really nice burst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
      He's impressed me in the limited carries he's been given. Think he could feature heavily in the rotation in 20/21. Really nice burst.

Shame he had the turf toe earlier in the season that slowed him down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
        He's impressed me in the limited carries he's been given. Think he could feature heavily in the rotation in 20/21. Really nice burst.
        This. Heard on one of the podcasts this week that Jahmir probably wonít ever be capable of being a lead back. I know it was limited carries but he moves the pile and hits the holes hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by KyfightingIrish36 View Post
          This. Heard on one of the podcasts this week that Jahmir probably won’t ever be capable of being a lead back. I know it was limited carries but he moves the pile and hits the holes hard.

What was the reasoning that he won’t ever be a lead back?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post

Yeah. Why not? Jahmir strikes me as a slightly quicker version of Tony Jones. Agree I'd rather our RB1 have more explosive, take-it-to-the-house, kind of speed, but Tony's doing pretty well as our lead back this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post

I think it was related to his top end speed but he looked pretty damn quick last night.

Comment

• He runs with passion. He will be a solid contributor for this team.
                Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                  Yeah. Why not? Jahmir strikes me as a slightly quicker version of Tony Jones. Agree I'd rather our RB1 have more explosive, take-it-to-the-house, kind of speed, but Tony's doing pretty well as our lead back this year.
                  This sounds reasonable

Comment

• This guy could be RB1 as long as he could hold up. Dex never held up until he became RB1. Tony Jones is gaining some serious momentum and seem so to get better with use a la Robert Hughes who wore down usc at the coliseum on Kelly’s first usc ND game. The power run game and short passing game with some jet sweeps, QB keepers and occasional long ball is who we are. Just need to catch balls, find the open man and block the way this can and we go 11-1 and see who loses in front of us. 11-1 gets us in over any two loss teams but not any one loss divisional champ unless it’s the PAC 10.

Bottom line, give JAhmir mores touches please. He’s enough of a change up to Jones and I think will surprise us with more quick hitting runs and possibly some long ones.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Running back Jahmir Smith has left the Notre Dame football program, Brian Kelly announces.</p>&mdash; Pete Sampson (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/1318225323448827904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Wish him the best of luck. Seemed like a quality young man.

Comment

• Ah dang. Best of luck to him

Comment

• It was a matter of time. He got passed up by 2 younger guys and still has veterans like Armstrong and Flemister to contend with for playing time.

Comment

• Saw something on Twitter where he said he wouldn't play for Brian Kelly. Not sure how valid that is, or if that was actually said.

Either way, sorry to see him go, quality kid, quality RB. Best of luck to him where ever he ends up.
                              " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

• BK says Smith does not want to play any more. We'll see.

If Smith can graduate by next summer, he could join another team with 3 years to play.

He was an EE in Jan-'18 so that's 7 semesters plus any summer classes he completed.

Bachelor from ND and a Masters from UNCC would be a nice career kick starter.

Best of luck to him.

Comment

• Can't imagine Jahmir is happy that he got passed by Kyren and Tyree after showing some promise last year. At the end of the day he just doesn't have the talent to be an impactful starter for a top 10 program.
                                  Last edited by NDPhilly; 10-19-2020, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                    Can imagine Jahmir is happy that he got passed by Kyren and Tyree after showing some promise last year. At the end of the day he just doesn't have the talent to be an impactful starter for a top 10 program.
                                    Agreed, if you want to play with the big dogs, you need young guys to flash too. These type of transfers are a good sign, honestly.

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                      Agreed, if you want to play with the big dogs, you need young guys to flash too. These type of transfers are a good sign, honestly.
                                      My first thought when I saw the news. Good luck to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                        BK says Smith does not want to play any more. We'll see.

If Smith can graduate by next summer, he could join another team with 3 years to play.

He was an EE in Jan-'18 so that's 7 semesters plus any summer classes he completed.

Bachelor from ND and a Masters from UNCC would be a nice career kick starter.

Best of luck to him.
                                        With all of those IVY League offers out of high school, he should further his education and play at one of those. Thinking that would be the best business decision. ND undergrad and IVY Masters program.

Comment

• i'd be a bit miffed about him quitting midseason
                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Think the usual mid-level ACC suspects (Duke, Wake, UVA, BC, Ga Tech) make sense considering how much he seemed to value academics out of HS.

Comment

• Loy has mentioned that another RB could come in the 21' class though we don't have a shot with any on the board. As, Edwards is really the only guy on it. Wonder if we'll get some scholarships out to guys we can try and flip.

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                i'd be a bit miffed about him quitting midseason
                                                Could not agree more with this. People get passed on the depth chart at every level of football. Quitting midseason is a bad look....BUT.. best of luck to the young man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                  Loy has mentioned that another RB could come in the 21' class though we don't have a shot with any on the board. As, Edwards is really the only guy on it. Wonder if we'll get some scholarships out to guys we can try and flip.
                                                  Whoever they try and flip, they better make sure they think they are better than Diggs. I wouldn't be too happy about that if I was Diggs.

Comment

• Wish him the best.

Was hoping he'd be the hammer, or thunder, in our running game this year. I can certainly understand it if he wanted to transfer being far down the depth chart, but leaving mid season is a bad look. No harm though. We still have two underclassmen as the top 2, and another three for depth.
                                                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• One thing to keep in mind why some guys leave the team, they need 24/7 to get on top of classwork to graduate early. Staff in many cases prefers this as it opens up the scholarship in time for a new player in the current recruiting class.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                        Whoever they try and flip, they better make sure they think they are better than Diggs. I wouldn't be too happy about that if I was Diggs.
                                                        I don't see how he could, rationally, be upset about adding another RB. We had 6 RB's on the depth chart. We were projecting to lose 1, so we were expecting to take 1. Now we have 5 RB's on the depth chart expecting to still lose 1 more. So, we're adding another. Seems like simple math.

Comment

I don't see how he could, rationally, be upset about adding another RB. We had 6 RB's on the depth chart. We were projecting to lose 1, so we were expecting to take 1. Now we have 5 RB's on the depth chart expecting to still lose 1 more. So, we're adding another. Seems like simple math.
                                                          Ever tried using logic on a teenager? Ill wait.

Comment

Loy has mentioned that another RB could come in the 21' class though we don't have a shot with any on the board. As, Edwards is really the only guy on it. Wonder if we'll get some scholarships out to guys we can try and flip.
                                                            Will Shipley coming home?!

Comment

• Originally posted by StPaul_Irish View Post
                                                              Ever tried using logic on a teenager? Ill wait.
                                                              Well, I was addressing the poster that said he wouldn't be happy if he were Diggs. So, I was actually trying to use logic with another poster, lol.

Comment

Well, I was addressing the poster that said he wouldn't be happy if he were Diggs. So, I was actually trying to use logic with another poster, lol.
                                                                Pretty much the same thing LOL

Comment

• not enough carries to go around

Wish we could have given him more shots as i think he is our biggest hard running straight ahead guy we have. hope he does well elsewhere. Not like he was going to preserve a year of eligibility by walking away now and without a degree. That is too bad. No real power back to win a head to head meeting at the lOS. Jafar runs too upright, Tyree too small, C'Bo runs really hard but still maybe 200 at the most and Tryen is 190 which is still 190. Would like to see Tremble take the FB dive a few more times.

Do we get all these guys for 3-4 more years given this year doesn't count if we don't want it to?

Comment

• In my opinion BK is a bit cold when he announces these departures. Would it hurt to thank him for his effort and wish him the best even just for a good look to others.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                                      In my opinion BK is a bit cold when he announces these departures. Would it hurt to thank him for his effort and wish him the best even just for a good look to others.
                                                                      He does it in a very, corporate, way. "He is no longer with us" tone. I agree it's not warm, but he's also being professional without feeding rumor mills / reporters with info. So, I'm fine with his approach.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">🍀 <a href="https://t.co/sZo0QEsWzd">pic.twitter.com/sZo0QEsWzd</a></p>&mdash; mir (@realjahmirsmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/realjahmirsmith/status/1318978683365937152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">🍀 <a href="https://t.co/sZo0QEsWzd">pic.twitter.com/sZo0QEsWzd</a></p>&mdash; mir (@realjahmirsmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/realjahmirsmith/status/1318978683365937152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                          Donít know what heís struggling with but good for him for reaching out to get help and focus on his health.
                                                                          60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• And this is why you don't kill dudes for quitting/transferring etc. until you have the whole story.

Comment

• Very impressive for a young man to admit his struggles and try to fix them. No matter what Jahmir does in life he will be successful.

Comment

• Does this qualify for medical? If it doesn't, these things should.
                                                                                Prehistoric

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2018 3-star RB Jahmir Smith has entered the portal as a grad transfer after rushing for 223 yards and 2 TD at Notre Dame <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoIrish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoIrish </a> ; left program in October <a href="https://twitter.com/rivalsmike?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@rivalsmike</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/RivalsWoody?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RivalsWoody</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Rivals_Singer?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Rivals_Singer</a> <a href="https://t.co/DflzIQ1W0q">https://t.co/DflzIQ1W0q</a></p>&mdash; NCAA Transfer Portal (@RivalsPortal) <a href="https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/status/1345452239792566272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 2, 2021</a></blockquote>

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Committed! ... Tremendous thanks to my family for continuing, and never failing to give me unconditional love. Iím excited to join this great program as a graduate transfer! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoApp?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoApp</a> <a href="https://t.co/fpSRMTCe3y">pic.twitter.com/fpSRMTCe3y</a></p>&mdash; Jahmir Smith (@realjahmirsmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/realjahmirsmith/status/1356343981311983618?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Hell yeah!

Go make some defenders look silly as part of a really great program, Jahmir.

Comment

• Pulling for you Jah! 100%
                                                                                        Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

• Good landing spot for him. If he can have a breakout year it should set him up nicely as a late round draft pick.
                                                                                          "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                          X