Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'18 OH OT John Dirksen (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news indeed! Welcome to the Irish John!!

Comment

• Cheers! Harry being Harry

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
        This kid comes from arguably the toughest small school conference in America.

The MAC is a collection of small uber German farming communities that have nothing around them so they decided to be insanely good at sports, football in particular. Most of these schools probably don't have 100 kids per class but they continue to win one or two state championships a season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwes...tic_Conference
        I'm from Versailles and my wife is from Coldwater. I talk to our families a lot over the years about how these MAC schools can be so good year in and year out. We think it comes down to 2-3 things; 1. Coaching. Some of the most dedicated hard working coaches there are. Many stick with their programs for a decade or longer. Treat kids with respect and get it in return. 2. Culture. A winning culture breeds success. Rarely do any of these teams have 1-2 great seasons then fizzle out. It's simply amazing that a town of 2,000 people can continue to churn out such winning tradition and culture. 3. Community. Tough farming communities who teach core values to their children. Boys turn into men at an early age and are expected to work hard to EARN their way in life. No snowflakes there. Tough kids who make no excuses or cry home to mommy.
        Last edited by Mattmags; 03-25-2017, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Just saying If OSU offers between now and February 2018 he goes there.
          "I'm not a film evaluator"
          - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

• Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
            Just saying If OSU offers between now and February 2018 he goes there.
            Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
              Why?

Yes. Why do you say that TheChosen1? What have you heard, read, know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Well, I'm sure Urban will offer him just to fk with Kelly. If he can take his lunch money for sh(ts and giggles why not. For the record, not every small school Ohio kid loves the Buckeyes. Hopefully this kid and family are in that camp. I'll get my father in law to do some digging. He's in Delphos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                  Yes. Why do you say that TheChosen1? What have you heard, read, know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is just my opinion but every article I read on the kid says something about wanting an Ohio state offer or if Ohio state offers this would be one to watch. That's what I'm going off of.
                  - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

FWIW, Loy responded to this question with a "No".

Comment

• Originally posted by tko View Post
                      Well, I'm sure Urban will offer him just to fk with Kelly. If he can take his lunch money for sh(ts and giggles why not. For the record, not every small school Ohio kid loves the Buckeyes. Hopefully this kid and family are in that camp. I'll get my father in law to do some digging. He's in Delphos.
                      Don't know why people this when we get a recruit from Ohio. Urban could care less who BK recruits and he isn't going to offer a recruit he doesn't want just to fvck with another coach.

Comment

• If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                          Don't know why people this when we get a recruit from Ohio. Urban could care less who BK recruits and he isn't going to offer a recruit he doesn't want just to fvck with another coach.
                          Plus, two years ago we pulled the two best OL recruits out of Ohio, despite Urban's pursuit...

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                            Hope I'm wrong just get the feeling this is Taylor decker 2.0
                            - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

Didn't ND's OL coach Ed Warriner switch to Urban and that added to Taylor Decker's decision to switch that same year?

Comment

• Nice get here. Just got around to watching his film. Very lean and athletic. Reminds of a similar build to McGlinchey in frame minus a few inches. Moves very well, buries his man when he gets the hooks on his defender, and gets to the second and even third level easily. Should have no problem playing at 315-320. Under the radar indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Domina Nostra View Post
                                  Plus, two years ago we pulled the two best OL recruits out of Ohio, despite Urban's pursuit...
                                  Agreed. With offensive linemen its not so much the head coach as it is the position coach. Offensive linemen seem to love what Harry is selling, and they help sell it to the next guy. Not so much with Ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                    Missed his entire Jr year with a leg injury prolly has something to do with it
                                    That too haha

But my point still stands IMO.

Comment

• Good news for the weekend! Very glad to have him Irish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Domina Nostra View Post
                                        ND's ALWAYS got a chance in OH with the right demographic kid. Cincy, Cleveland, Toledo Catholic schools and the country Catholics like Dirksen. Just last year, Clifford and Bockhorst would have crawled all 250 miles from Cincy over broken Little Kings bottles to play for the Irish. The right kids are there every year. And Urban is actually making it EASIER to recruit specific players in Ohio because he's shifted to a national recruiting model vs regional. There were 4-6 players ND could have possibly landed last year that OSU passed on had they been qualifiers or had they gone after them. Aijan was a done deal per many and though I don't know the specifics on why they ND passed, Danny Davis and Dominique Long would have been great fits for last year's class as it turned out.

Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
                                        Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                        Didn't ND's OL coach Ed Warriner switch to Urban and that added to Taylor Decker's decision to switch that same year?
                                        Well if it's 2.0 that means the Irish get the next Stanley that helps push him to Columbus. Love the Dirksen commit but everyone would take Ronnie Stanley 2.0 over any OL in the 2018 class. Decker was a guaranteed RT if he stayed with the Irish unless he played a 5th year and moved to LT after Ronnie went in the draft.

This is one of those times where picking Ag State over ND was the right thing to do.
                                        Last edited by BobbyMac; 03-26-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• I'm not certain but I can't remember a single decommit from any OL that committed to ND while Harry has been here. Decker is the last I can remember and he committed before Harry arrived. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not worried about a decommit here. Plus Dirksen definitely doesn't seem like the type to love the attention. He found his school, his coach, and pulled the trigger. Seems like the farthest thing from a decommit candidate to me.

Glad he's aboard. Now get Petit-Frere and the rest is gravy on OL this cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                            All due respect bro (and I know you are just relaying the message for info purposes), Loy saying that is akin to Sean Spicer being asked if Trump is to blame for anything wrong that happens in the Oval Office. You'll automatically get the same answer LOL.
                                            sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

• Congrats young man
                                              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                All due respect bro (and I know you are just relaying the message for info purposes), Loy saying that is akin to Sean Spicer being asked if Trump is to blame for anything wrong that happens in the Oval Office. You'll automatically get the same answer LOL.
                                                No disagreement here, precisely why I prefaced it by saying FWIW.

Comment

• I just noticed that the Front Page lists Dirksen as being from TN

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                    I just noticed that the Front Page lists Dirksen as being from TN
                                                    I'll fix that right now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Edit: Fixed. Also added Ja'Mion to the list.
                                                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• HMarion Local is ranked #22 in Ohio, #304 Nationally by MaxPreps. That's pretty impressive for that sized school.

Beat Dayton Chaminade-Julienne 35-7.

Bold prediction time. Better than Chris Watt and at least a 2 year starter before Sunday calls.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4360843/59a0f15432e65e242cce981e' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                        HMarion Local is ranked #22 in Ohio, #304 Nationally by MaxPreps. That's pretty impressive for that sized school.

Beat Dayton Chaminade-Julienne 35-7.

Bold prediction time. Better than Chris Watt and at least a 2 year starter before Sunday calls.

http://<iframe src=&#39;//www.hudl.com/e...reen></iframe>
                                                        I loved Watt, but you could be very right on your prediction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

#32 OT 3 Star .88 rating to Sundays ... make it happen Harry!

Comment

• Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                            #32 OT 3 Star .88 rating to Sundays ... make it happen Harry!
                                                            That may have been a little too bold on my part. I didn't remember Watt being the #40 OA player in his class and an almost 5 Star / .9768. Woah.

Comment

• Can't tell his size but he seems to have really quick feet.

Comment

That may have been a little too bold on my part. I didn't remember Watt being the #40 OA player in his class and an almost 5 Star / .9768. Woah.
                                                                ... make it happen Harry!

Comment

HMarion Local is ranked #22 in Ohio, #304 Nationally by MaxPreps. That's pretty impressive for that sized school.
                                                                  I was in his neck of the woods for about a month this summer working on two ODOT jobs. The whole MAC area was really neat, as far as farm country goes. You can look down the state highway and see steeples from Catholic churches going off into the horizon, each with its own town 3-4 miles apart. And these Catholic churches are seriously impressive relative to the size of these towns. Burkettsville has a population of 244 and their Catholic church would be the nicest in my whole county.

Comment

• St Mary's in Otis, IN. Population maybe 200.

Sits a 1/2 mile off the Toll Road half way between Chicago and ND at the 421/Michigan City exit. Where all the Country Catholics attended that I went to HS with 10 miles out of town.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Midwest mid-season stock report includes <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Kentucky?src=hash">#Kentucky</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Northwestern?src=hash">#Northwestern</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a> commits: <a href="https://t.co/p5MBV7vzQF">https://t.co/p5MBV7vzQF</a> <a href="https://t.co/FbntDxYVV5">pic.twitter.com/FbntDxYVV5</a></p>&mdash; Josh Helmholdt (@JoshHelmholdt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshHelmholdt/status/912315207774560256">September 25, 2017</a></blockquote>
                                                                      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stock up

This was a strong contender to move one way or the other with senior film because there has been so little to evaluate the Notre Dame commit on prior to this season. Our Notre Dame site, BlueandGold.com, was out to see Dirksen early in the season and got good film along with an in-person report on his physical development. Our initial evaluations based on limited film from previous seasons were not too far off, but this most recent analysis of his ability and development shows Dirksen’s rating is probably a little low from where it needs to be.

Comment

• His #1 ranked Marion Local Flyers advanced the state semis after beating #3 Coldwater for the second time this season by a score of 33-0. Next up #4 Findlay Liberty-Benton.

Comment

His #1 ranked Marion Local Flyers advanced the state semis after beating #3 Coldwater for the second time this season by a score of 33-0. Next up #4 Findlay Liberty-Benton.
                                                                          Just a ridiculously good program.
                                                                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• They are running behind him almost every play lol
                                                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                              They are running behind him almost every play lol
                                                                              It's either him or the 6-1, 225lb LT..

Comment

• For you OH guys who know this conference, Minster who finished tied for 5th in the MAC at 4-4 won the Div VII state title finishing 11-4.

Comment

• SIGNED.
                                                                                  I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

• Made USA Today's Ohio First Team All State OL along with:

5* Jackson Carman and 2019 ND targets:

Zeke Correll (Offer)
                                                                                    Zach Carpenter of Moeller
                                                                                    Ryan Jacoby of Mentor.

Comment

• Color me surprised that Dirksen has been working out at 2nd string RT while Banks (LT) and Lugg (LG) are on the other side.

The 3rd string LT is Patterson so maybe Lugg and Patterson are slotted in where they fit best if no one gets injured but I thought Dirksen was going to be a pure OG with a Q like build (eventually - off to a good start with an offical weigh in at 6-5 1/8 & 307 lbs.

Comment

• No clairvoyance here, but maybe Banks is there to give maximum security in case the one "starter rookie" (Eichenberg) doesn't work out for some reason. Lugg at LG also makes some sense to me as we'll need a top sub for Bars next year. ... all wild BS by me of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Mike View Post
                                                                                          No clairvoyance here, but maybe Banks is there to give maximum security in case the one "starter rookie" (Eichenberg) doesn't work out for some reason. Lugg at LG also makes some sense to me as we'll need a top sub for Bars next year. ... all wild BS by me of course.
                                                                                          It is nice to have a deep OL where guys can play inside or out. ND has come a long way. I am surprised about dirksen however

Comment

• Dirksen was one of the first OL offers by HH last year. Obviously he saw something that he really liked

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                            Working...
                                                                                            X