Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'18 NJ S Shayne Simon (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '18 NJ S Shayne Simon (Notre Dame Signee)

Safety
    Jersey City, NJ
    St Peter's Prep

Measurements:
    Ht: 6-3
    Wt: 210

Rankings 5-5-17:
    247 Comp ...... 4 star ..... #28 S ....... #320 OA ..... .8930 rating
    247 ................ 3 star ..... #48 S ....... #529 OA ....... 86
    Rivals ............. 3 star ..... #18 OLB ... #219 OA ....... 5.8
    Scout .............. 4 star ..... #13 S ....... #137 OA
    ESPN ............... NR

Rankings 5-12-17:
    247 Comp ...... 4 star ..... #6 OLB ....... #139 OA ..... .9346 rating
    247 ................ 4 star ..... #6 OLB ....... #98 OA ........ 93
    Rivals ............. 4 star ..... #9 OLB ....... #127 OA ...... 5.9
    Scout ............. 4 star ..... #17 S .......... #151 OA
    ESPN .............. 4 star ..... #21 S

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Army
    BC
    Duke
    Maryland
    Michigan
    Navy
    Nebraska
    UNC
    NC State
    Ohio St
    Penn St
    Rutgers
    Stanford
    Syracuse
    Temple
    UCLA
    Vandy
    Virginia
    WVU
    Wisco

Media Links:

Twitter - @SimonShayne

Shayne Simon - Hudl

Highlights:

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4546352/5a3bed7d4deaec0e04b562bb' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4546352/584dbfb4dfd8b814040cf88a" allowfullscreen="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">�� Welcome to the family, <a href="https://twitter.com/SimonShayne?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SimonShayne</a>.<br><br>The Irish Invasion MVP from NJ will excel in Coach Elko's system. <br> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoIrish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoIrish </a> ☘ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/IrishBouND18?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Ir ishBouND18</a> <a href="https://t.co/nxmkE03oXI">pic.twitter.com/nxmkE03oXI</a></p>&mdash; Notre Dame Football (@NDFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/NDFootball/status/943451933917970434?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 20, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Last edited by BobbyMac; 12-21-2017, 11:23 PM.

The Ademilola twins' classmate at St Peter's. Collecting a who's who of early offers. Excellent size and film.

Jr Stats:

12 G ..... 55 Tkl ..... 8 TFL ..... 3 Sks ..... 4 INT ..... 13 PD ..... 1 FF

I bet it won't be long after Elko, Lea & Elston get back from '17 crootin that they make a move on Simon. Gotta like the chances with all the St Peter's action ND has.

Keep it going... 2019's class has Roman Oben's son RJ in it and he looks to be an excellent DE prospect.

Comment

I love when we recruit St. Peters Prep Kids.

Comment

Would he be a safety or OLB prospect?
        Originally posted by koonja
        I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
          Would he be a safety or OLB prospect?
          Yes.

Comment

Teammate of the Ademilolas, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
              Roger that.

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                yesh, would have played in Dublin last fall. Couldn't get off work that day to go along and watch unfortunately. I could have done some great scouting work for IE :D

St Peter’s Prep 41 Blessed Trinity 28 | Global Football
                What did Davonte do?

Comment

How awesome would it be to get a player at every level of the defense from one high school in a single cycle?

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                  yesh, would have played in Dublin last fall. Couldn't get off work that day to go along and watch unfortunately. I could have done some great scouting work for IE :D

Damn, that looks sweet. What a great thing for the kids!

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Constantly disappointing us.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                      Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Constantly disappointing us.
                      the fookers scheduled the games in the middle of a friday ensuring that only a handful of folks attended them. so dumb
                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

Rover for Elko's defense?? Seems like it would fit like a glove.

Comment

Yes!!! I only had to watch 2 mins of this kids film to say we need him. He looks like an SEC safety. He could be a great safet, rover or Buck LB in my opinion. considering he's a junior and looks legit 6'3 200, I'd say he'd be more likely a rover or Buck. He's outstanding. I hope ND offers and he commits.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am extremely excited and thankful to say that I have received an offer from the University of Notre Dame. <a href="https://t.co/C43T4kK95o">pic.twitter.com/C43T4kK95o</a></p>&mdash; Shayne Simon (@SimonShayne) <a href="https://twitter.com/SimonShayne/status/822264644840648705">January 20, 2017</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/SimonShayne">@SimonShayne</a> Now this offer is one worthy of being super super super excited for! Pretty solid place over here in South Bend, bud. Congrats. Prep➡️ND��</p>&mdash; Brandon Wimbush (@WimbushB7) <a href="https://twitter.com/WimbushB7/status/822269175703932929">January 20, 2017</a></blockquote>
                              This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Originally posted by ND Fan Vancouver View Post
                                Yes!!! I only had to watch 2 mins of this kids film to say we need him. He looks like an SEC safety. He could be a great safet, rover or Buck LB in my opinion. considering he's a junior and looks legit 6'3 200, I'd say he'd be more likely a rover or Buck. He's outstanding. I hope ND offers and he commits.
                                Just curious, what makes him a rover or a buck over a safety?
                                http://irishtp.com/

Comment

First of all, he COULD play all. Depends on how he comes along the next few years.
                                  Rover - he's very rangey and has great size (looks and plays bigger than 188 for sure) but has great coverage skills. He's a hard hitter so I think he'd be great at Rover as you need to be able to play close to the line and have grit and a bit of size to help in the run game and take on blocks.
                                  Buck - he's 6'3, and a junior in a prep program. He could end up 215 by the time he's a freshman and add more bulk to his frame. He' certainly seems physical enough to play Buck and rushes the passer well,
                                  Certainly looks like a good safety now too. Would think staff would maybe want him closer to the line though with his skill set.

Comment

He does a good job of diagnosing the play quickly and has good closing speed. I see a SS, unless he can add 30-40lbs without slowing down.

Comment

He hasn't committed yet.......do not want

Comment

Originally posted by IrishTP View Post
                                        Just curious, what makes him a rover or a buck over a safety?
                                        First of all, he COULD play all. Depends on how he comes along the next few years.
                                        Rover - he's very rangey and has great size (looks and plays bigger than 188 for sure) but has great coverage skills. He's a hard hitter so I think he'd be great at Rover as you need to be able to play close to the line and have grit and a bit of size to help in the run game and take on blocks.
                                        Buck - he's 6'3, and a junior in a prep program. He could end up 215 by the time he's a freshman and add more bulk to his frame. He' certainly seems physical enough to play Buck and rushes the passer well,
                                        Certainly looks like a good safety now too. Would think staff would maybe want him closer to the line though with his skill set.
                                        I think this kid is definitely a Rover in Elko's system if I've gotten the gist of what it is they're looking for in that position. He has experience playing in the box as a 7th or 8th man, but he also has plenty of experience playing in space and dropping into coverage (though it's not necessarily his forte). He brings physicality, but he is most definitely light in the britches and needs to gain weight even for the Rover position. He'll probably get that done by the end of his Senior year.

And sorry for the random bump, I was looking at the profiles of the Ademilola twins and stumbled onto this guy.
                                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

This kid is EASILY one of my favorites. I love him at safety OR rover. Theres just so much to like about his film and u have to be excited about him going to St P's.

Comment

Really like this kid also.

When I first saw his profile I thought he would be an Elijah Shumate type player. Watching his film he will IMO be an OLB in college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                              Safety

Jersey City, NJ

St Peter's Prep

Measurements:

Ht: 6-3

Wt: 200

Rankings:

247 Comp ..... .......... #34 S ....... #419 OA ..... .8689 rating

247 ................ ...... #43 S ....... #476 OA ...... 86

Rivals ............. .......... #18 OLB ... #219 OA ...... 5.8

Scout .............. NR

ESPN ............... NR

Offers:

Army

BC

Maryland

Michigan

Ohio St

Penn St

Rutgers

Syracuse

Virginia

Media Links:

Twitter - @SimonShayne

Shayne Simon - Hudl

Highlights:

http://<iframe src=&#39;//www.hudl.com/e...reen></iframe>

FYI he is listed as 3 star on 247 not 4 star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Scout gave him a 4 star, #13 S, #147 OA from his previous NR.

Now a Comp 4 star.

Comment

Scout gave him a 4 star, #13 S, #147 OA from his previous NR.

Now a Comp 4 star.
                                                  Nice. He deserves the respect

Comment

Nice. He deserves the respect
                                                    I just looked at the '18 safety board and there are 5 or 6 guys whose tape matches up with Simon's and many are still CB sized. For how he's gonna be used at ND, there's just 2 or 3 on his tier including just offered Jeremiah McDonald.

Comment

This opinion from back in January is apparently shared by Coach D:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Check out junior highlights of <a href="https://twitter.com/SimonShayne">@SimonShayne</a>. Kid is a must-get for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a> at Rover. <a href="https://t.co/2ExdQsBO4J">https://t.co/2ExdQsBO4J</a></p>&mdash; Bryan Driskell (@BGI_CoachD) <a href="https://twitter.com/BGI_CoachD/status/836403743482605568">February 28, 2017</a></blockquote>

Comment

Pretty sure Driskell knows more than I but I'd go Tisdale at Rover and Simon at SS and Allen at FS. When Allen's at CB, I'd bring in Irvin at FS. That'd be my class.

Comment

Pretty sure Driskell knows more than I but I'd go Tisdale at Rover and Simon at SS and Allen at FS. When Allen's at CB, I'd bring in Irvin at FS. That'd be my class.
                                                          I like it. This defense and these recruits have so much flexibility. So many options. I think this staff has something up their sleeve. I'm going to post that everywhere.

Comment

dreaded cb to michigan from wiltfong
                                                            EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                              dreaded cb to michigan from wiltfong
                                                              His Mom is a Michigan graduate.

Comment

I never did like his mother.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                  I never did like his mother.
                                                                  Classic. Atta boy!

Comment

At least she isnt a Michigan employee... yet.

Comment

Lorenz with a CB to Michigan. This ain't happening.

Comment

Lorenz with a CB to Michigan. This ain't happening.
                                                                        nope

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                          nope
                                                                          Nope as in not coming to ND?

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can confirm 2018 DB Shayne Simon will be in South Bend on Thursday. Teammate of the Ademilola twins. <a href="https://t.co/y0lfJ9qeA2">https://t.co/y0lfJ9qeA2</a> <a href="https://t.co/RugAugU4CA">pic.twitter.com/RugAugU4CA</a></p>&mdash; Matt Freeman (@mattfreemanISD) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattfreemanISD/status/852197368648933376">April 12, 2017</a></blockquote>

Comment

• #40
                                                                              Let's get some payback for christian turner.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                                                Let's get some payback for christian turner.
                                                                                Going to be hard to land this one but at least we are getting a visit and that's all you can ask for. Get him on campus and make it a good one so he comes back this offseason and then just keep chipping away at the lead.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                  Sampson is feeling good about him

http://www.scout.com/college/notre-d...iting-thursday

Comment

• #43
                                                                                    Originally posted by Big23Head View Post
                                                                                    Sampson's reading too much into his new source's, source. Sorry for being cryptic but this riddle will be solved soon enough

Comment

• #44
                                                                                      I love Sampson I think he's the best in the bizz on ND front but he's wrong here

Comment

• #45
                                                                                        From my link above, it sounds like he may return for the ND spring game as well

Comment

• #46
                                                                                          From my link above, it sounds like he may return for the ND spring game as well
                                                                                          Yes, I just heard it's a possibility.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                            Wasn't Brandon Wimbush's mom a PSU grad? Not saying we land Simon, but I do think that gets overplayed sometimes.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                              Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                              Wasn't Brandon Wimbush's mom a PSU grad? Not saying we land Simon, but I do think that gets overplayed sometimes.
                                                                                              The tight end from Florida's mom is a Domer, and he hasn't committed yet. It is overplayed sometimes

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                Mike Heuerman's dad went to michigan, and his brother to osu so it's certainly not the best indicator

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                  there's been loads of kids with ND links (even to the football program) who went elsewhere over the past cycles
                                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X