Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'18 FL WR Kevin Austin (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post
    I like it.
    Yep, got to find some way to get him involved in the game and up to speed. PR virtually guarantees some touches.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'd love to see Kyren return punts.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
        I'd love to see Kyren return punts.
        No thanks. Would increase the odds of injury significantly without commensurately benefiting the team. That's why we don't typically risk key starters at that position unless they've got truly game-breaking speed (Rocket Ismail, Tim Brown, Allen Rossum, etc.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
          No thanks. Would increase the odds of injury significantly without commensurately benefiting the team. That's why we don't typically risk key starters at that position unless they've got truly game-breaking speed (Rocket Ismail, Tim Brown, Allen Rossum, etc.)
          John Goodman

Do I need italics?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
            John Goodman

Do I need italics?

Comment

Didnít Kelly have Mike Floyd back returning a few punts in Ď11?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                Didnít Kelly have Mike Floyd back returning a few punts in Ď11?
                Two punt returns for a total of 44 yards.

Comment

Yup, you don't put your every down back on KR or PR. It's a good spot for a 2nd string future star to shine and get playing experience.

Comment

True, and also if you score from punt returns your defense is back out there too soon.

Still I think he would be the best at it so I would have him ready to go in case we need to score desperately.

Comment

Or completely fearless (zibby!)

Comment

Two punt returns for a total of 44 yards.
                        I seem to remember it being the bowl game we played FSU. Should have won that one.
                        "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by NDShark View Post
                          Or completely fearless (zibby!)
                          There hasn't been a punt returner since as dangerous or as effective. Was always a threat to return a pick 6 too. Between 2005 and 2006 he scored 36 points as a defender and special teams guy, 42 for his career. Since then the next closest defender is Julian Love with 18 points.

Comment

• Not Notre Dame, but didn't Saquon Barkley return kicks at PSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                              Not Notre Dame, but didn't Saquon Barkley return kicks at PSU?
                              Iím sure Reggie did too. Those are generational talents though.
                              "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                Yup, you don't put your every down back on KR or PR. It's a good spot for a 2nd string future star to shine and get playing experience.
                                im a big believer of putting youre best players/best athletes on special teams, to me that's what makes them special.

Comment

Not Notre Dame, but didn't Saquon Barkley return kicks at PSU?
                                  yeah he was servicable

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tX6-ludi7Ws" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                  <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ctr2r3-q-bc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Any Zibby punt return is at the top of the list in terms of recent history, but we should turn this into a "cool special teams plays" thread for a minute.

I was at a party at Marshall University watching ND/Pitt in 2009, and thought the following play was a sure sign of impending dramatic victory:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LJXrs4U9ga8?start=15" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Yeah, I'm game. First real favorite player at ND. Just love the punter trying to dive at him:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/teccxSiIDrw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• I was at that one. Arnaz Battle nearly won that game for us at QB with a broken freaking wrist. Fuck Davie for chickening out and going for overtime instead of trying to win in regulation.

Comment

Yeah, I'm game. First real favorite player at ND. Just love the punter trying to dive at him:
                                          ND in 2000 had awesome special teams that year, with kick offs, punt returns and how many kicks did ND block that year. glen earl saving the game with a blocked fg against air force and every time joey getheral caught a punt I actual thought he had a chance to return it for a td.

Comment

• Didn’t that Air Force game start at like 10PM?

Comment

• Nah, I heard it on the radio while driving through rural Indiana while it was still a bit light out. Might've ended at that time though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                                                Didnít that Air Force game start at like 10PM?
                                                I think you may be thinking of the 2002 ND-Air Force game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV_GPQu0wtA

Comment

• saw where Austin was in for 22 snaps vs L'ville. Didn't get targeted much, which needs to change.

Comment

• I posted this a little bit with relation to Claypool but Kelly's previous offense did a really good job of highlighting the #1 receiving option (note it wasn't just WR's as he did it with Eifert when Floyed left) by moving them around the offense in order to create mismatches. They did this a lot with Rees at QB so both are familiar. I'd really like to see us get back to that with Austin. I've read where Austin is very comfortable in the system so he should be able to do it by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                      I posted this a little bit with relation to Claypool but Kelly's previous offense did a really good job of highlighting the #1 receiving option (note it wasn't just WR's as he did it with Eifert when Floyed left) by moving them around the offense in order to create mismatches. They did this a lot with Rees at QB so both are familiar. I'd really like to see us get back to that with Austin. I've read where Austin is very comfortable in the system so he should be able to do it by now.
                                                      That is something I could see them having saved for this game. We know Pitt is going to sell out to stop the run and leave their DBs on islands. If we move Austin around in a way they aren't prepared for, we could get a favorable match up where Austin could quickly beat his guy so Book is able to get the ball out quickly and with space for him to run. If we gash them a few times on something like that, that would probably open up the running game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                        I posted this a little bit with relation to Claypool but Kelly's previous offense did a really good job of highlighting the #1 receiving option (note it wasn't just WR's as he did it with Eifert when Floyed left) by moving them around the offense in order to create mismatches. They did this a lot with Rees at QB so both are familiar. I'd really like to see us get back to that with Austin. I've read where Austin is very comfortable in the system so he should be able to do it by now.
                                                        He's had a couple of games to get adjusted to game action. Time to turn him loose.

Comment

• I think they said he was only going to play 20-25 snaps in the game.

Comment

• Out

Comment

• Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                                                              Out
                                                              Possibly for the year.

I hate everything.
                                                              It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• FML. We're going to get so creamed by Clemson.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A source tells The Athletic that Kevin Austin re-injured his foot in practice this week and is expected to miss the remainder of the season.<br><br>A major blow to Notre Dameís attempt to make progress in the passing game.</p>&mdash; Pete Sampson (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/1320064261612310529?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• What are the odds this kid ever makes an impact on the field?

Comment

• Greg Oden 2.0?

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                                      What are the odds this kid ever makes an impact on the field?

well, look on the bright side... since it's a free-pass-covid-eligibility year, doesn't even have to apply for a medical lol...

gosh this just sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                        FML. We're going to get so creamed by Clemson.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A source tells The Athletic that Kevin Austin re-injured his foot in practice this week and is expected to miss the remainder of the season.<br><br>A major blow to Notre Dameís attempt to make progress in the passing game.</p>&mdash; Pete Sampson (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/1320064261612310529?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                        Syracuse is only down 6 midway through the 3rd quarter and this is AT Clemson. Never know what is going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                                                          Syracuse is only down 6 midway through the 3rd quarter and this is AT Clemson. Never know what is going to happen.
                                                                          IDK. I've got one eye on it. Some very flukee stuff led to all 3 Syracuse scores.

Pick 6 of TL, 80+ yard pass by Cuse, bad punt by Clemson that led to a TD.

I get it, any given Saturday and all, but we rarely have that kind of luck lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by tko View Post
                                                                            Greg Oden 2.0?
                                                                            Sounds like itís a re-break of the 5th metatarsal.

Comment

IDK. I've got one eye on it. Some very flukee stuff led to all 3 Syracuse scores.

Pick 6 of TL, 80+ yard pass by Cuse, bad punt by Clemson that led to a TD.

I get it, any given Saturday and all, but we rarely have that kind of luck lol.
                                                                              Sounds like Lawrence has struggled w/ accuracy lately. Syracuse dropped a sure interception before the pick six.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                                                                Sounds like Lawrence has struggled w/ accuracy lately. Syracuse dropped a sure interception before the pick six.
                                                                                Yea, maybe. He'll still end up with 300+, 3 TDs, 20+ point win before the game is over.
                                                                                Not "Clemson" impressive, but not bad either.

Comment

Yea, maybe. He'll still end up with 300+, 3 TDs, 20+ point win before the game is over.
                                                                                  Not "Clemson" impressive, but not bad either.
                                                                                  Lol when Book doesn't show up, we score 12 points. When Lawrence has a bad day, Clemson still puts up points lol
                                                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                                                                    Lol when Book doesn't show up, we score 12 points. When Lawrence has a bad day, Clemson still puts up points lol
                                                                                    Syracuse is a lot worse than Louisville.

...but yep.
                                                                                    It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• that's sad for the lad. Play em when you've got em.

Comment

• Clemson had the good luck toward the end with a Syracuse fumble returned for a TD and then an interception returned 40 yards to the Syracuse 3 with an eventual TD sandwiched around a Lawrence TD pass and they 21 unanswered points helps them win 47-21.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                                                                          Sounds like it’s a re-break of the 5th metatarsal.
                                                                                          Remove it

Comment

• Wrong thread
                                                                                            Last edited by Irish8248; 10-24-2020, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                            Working...
                                                                                            X