Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'18 PA TE Zack Kuntz (Penn State Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dublinirish
    replied
    transferred to ODU

Leave a comment:

• Ultimate Penn St. Hater
    replied
    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
    Offer PSU's other TE commit, Pat Freiermuth tonight. He's been on campus for II, said ND was his favorite and I guarantee he committed to PSU cuz ND was all in on Kuntz.
    I like that idea!

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Offer PSU's other TE commit, Pat Freiermuth tonight. He's been on campus for II, said ND was his favorite and I guarantee he committed to PSU cuz ND was all in on Kuntz.

Leave a comment:

• Ultimate Penn St. Hater
    replied
    Ugh

Leave a comment:

• TheChosen1
    replied
    Committed to Penn State

Leave a comment:

• PANDFAN
    replied
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">Top 8❗️ <a href="https://t.co/pwR3XWT31B">pic.twitter.com/pwR3XWT31B</a></p>&mdash; Zack Kuntz (@zackkuntz_717) <a href="https://twitter.com/zackkuntz_717/status/798936239617490944">November 16, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Narrowing it down today.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Top 8 tomorrow at lunchtime������</p>&mdash; Zack Kuntz (@zackkuntz_717) <a href="https://twitter.com/zackkuntz_717/status/798717458580467717">November 16, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
    Always rep 30 Rock gifs

Leave a comment:

• Ndaccountant
    replied
    Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
    Yeah well the Kuntz puns will be much funnier than with Kmet. So Zack's got him beat where it counts.

Leave a comment:

• Ndaccountant
    replied
    I really don't care until Koon gives an eval on his down field catching ability and route running separation.

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
    If we don't land him I'm perfectly fine with it because Cole Kmet will be every bit as good. I'll take em both though.
    Yeah well the Kuntz puns will be much funnier than with Kmet. So Zack's got him beat where it counts.

Leave a comment:

• GBdomer
    replied
    If we don't land him I'm perfectly fine with it because Cole Kmet will be every bit as good. I'll take em both though.

Leave a comment:

• Sherm Sticky
    replied
    I want to see Claypool play the roll that Jones was supposed to play this year. I'd guess Claypool just needs to get caught up to speed on play book.

Wow Claypool and Jones in 13 personnel. With Boykins and ESB outside next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NDRock
    replied

CBK doesn't use the TE's enough to matter.
    Maybe, but the same guy who coaches our TEs hasn't exactly lit it up on Special Teams or recruiting.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    I think TE's seem to be more grounded like O-lineman, so the fit is pretty good.
    Very true #1. I thought about editing that in after I posted.

Originally posted by DillonHall View Post
    Now we just need a competent position coach for them.
    You can have the NFL's TE COTY and you'd get the same result.

CBK doesn't use the TE's enough to matter.

Leave a comment:

• DillonHall
    replied
    At first I thought it would be hard for ND to follow up Wright and Kmet with the #1 TE in '18 but they're probably pitching him on being the next Eifert / Jones, non-traditional "TE". He's years away from lining up attached and blocking anyone. He's a hurdler, not a shot-putter

The other thing is it seems ND has gotten lucky and found 3 guys at the top of the rankings who are ND guys.
    Now we just need a competent position coach for them.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    At first I thought it would be hard for ND to follow up Wright and Kmet with the #1 TE in '18 but they're probably pitching him on being the next Eifert / Jones, non-traditional "TE". He's years away from lining up attached and blocking anyone. He's a hurdler, not a shot-putter

The other thing is it seems ND has gotten lucky and found 3 guys at the top of the rankings who are ND guys.
    I think TE's seem to be more grounded like O-lineman, so the fit is pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Big23Head View Post
    Scout: Kuntz high on Irish after visit

Has Jones fracture and hasn't been playing. Loved ND, gets better every time. Returning for Stanford game

Leave a comment:

• Big23Head
    replied
    Scout: Kuntz high on Irish after visit

Has Jones fracture and hasn't been playing. Loved ND, gets better every time. Returning for Stanford game

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Big23Head View Post
    Brian Dohn feels Kuntz is on commitment watch this weekend

Scout: News, notes and recruiting scoop around the ACC
    I wonder how much of his thought process is "ND's TE U" vs. He's getting sucked into the PA-ND movement? He'd be the first non-WPa kid too and maybe they could make a run at Micah Parsons & Isheem Young along with Jahan Dotson who is prepping in NJ.

I also think he could be successful at ND because he could be a non-traditional TE that would have a chance of getting significant targets. He's really a 6-7.5 receiver that could become a TE and a plus athlete when his size is considered.

This would be very good news indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Big23Head
    replied
    Brian Dohn feels Kuntz is on commitment watch this weekend

Scout: News, notes and recruiting scoop around the ACC

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Coming next weekend, at PSU this weekend

Wilfong

I know for a fact ND is in the top 2 or 3
    Way to go out on a limb there Fonger. There's only 3 total.

Leave a comment:

• GBdomer
    replied
    Coming next weekend, at PSU this weekend

Wilfong

I know for a fact ND is in the top 2 or 3

Leave a comment:

• woolybug25
    replied
    Originally posted by tko View Post
    Is it pronounced Cuntz or Koontz?
    If he goes to Bama or PSU??? Definitely Cuntz...

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by tko View Post
    Coonce

Leave a comment:

• tko
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
    according to one of their sources close to his recruitment its ND vs Bama w/ NO mention of PSU
    ...same folks who said Martin and ND had no interest apparently. He was just there on Monday when Freiermuth committed. I'll bet my skin we haven't heard the last of PSU on this one.

But I hope I wrong!

Leave a comment:

• PANDFAN
    replied
    No mention of PSU? I'll have to see him quoted as saying "PSU is out" before I believe it's exclusively an ND v. Bama battle.
    according to one of their sources close to his recruitment its ND vs Bama w/ NO mention of PSU

Leave a comment:

• jspags10pg
    replied
    My guess is the only way Kuntz and Alize are on campus at the same time is if Kuntz EE's.
    I would be inclined to agree with you with much more certainty if Alize wasn't suspended this year. Could have an impact in quite a few ways on Alize's future. But like I said...a lot would have to play out for this to happen anyway. It's just fun to think about.

Leave a comment:

• Veritate Duce Progredi
    replied
    Would be a great add to the 18 class. Can't believe how smooth he looks running the hurdles. That's very athletic for someone of his frame.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by jspags10pg View Post
    Holy balls. I know I'm getting wayyy ahead of things and a lot would have to play out to make this happen but could you imagine a team with TE's of Alize Jones, Brock Wright, Cole Kmet and Zack Kuntz. That's ridiculous to even think about.

Brock and Cole will obviously be here in 2018 and Alize would have to have a truly dominant year next year to go pro and Kuntz is still way up in the air to even commit but it's fun to dream.
    My guess is the only way Kuntz and Alize are on campus at the same time is if Kuntz EE's.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
    amazing how these dominos play out.....will be back to ND vs Duke....right now it is an ND vs Bama battle w/ stanford not a factor unless offered---247
    No mention of PSU? I'll have to see him quoted as saying "PSU is out" before I believe it's exclusively an ND v. Bama battle.

Leave a comment:

• jspags10pg
    replied
    Holy balls. I know I'm getting wayyy ahead of things and a lot would have to play out to make this happen but could you imagine a team with TE's of Alize Jones, Brock Wright, Cole Kmet and Zack Kuntz. That's ridiculous to even think about.

Brock and Cole will obviously be here in 2018 and Alize would have to have a truly dominant year next year to go pro and Kuntz is still way up in the air to even commit but it's fun to dream.

Leave a comment:

• PANDFAN
    replied
    amazing how these dominos play out.....will be back to ND vs Duke....right now it is an ND vs Bama battle w/ stanford not a factor unless offered---247

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Since they missed on the last hurdler they targeted, this sure would be a nice consolation. I get the feeling he's gonna be ultra special.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Zack Kuntz takes the AA 110 meter hurdles, 15.00! <a href="https://t.co/kjoHsdXO5R">pic.twitter.com/kjoHsdXO5R</a></p>&mdash; Timothy Johnson (@tjj5009) <a href="https://twitter.com/tjj5009/status/734028539134115840">May 21, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by CIrishWin View Post
    This kid is a must after the 2017 season might on have two TE if Jones leaves early I think we need two in 2018 class
    Don't get your hopes up. Serious legacy issue here. He is special though, actually a very good hurdler at 6-7.

ND has had at least 3 other ranked TE's in the class on campus already including #2 Pat Freiermuth of MA and there's legacy Anthony Torres of IN who might blow up. He was just invited to OSU for FNL, his second visit there. He'll be getting a profile today along with the others.

Leave a comment:

• CIrishWin
    replied
    This kid is a must after the 2017 season might on have two TE if Jones leaves early I think we need two in 2018 class

Leave a comment:

• woolybug25
    replied
    Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
    I work same company as Torres mother, different offices tho. If he has an ND offer you can guarantee hell be a domer.
    I honestly would like to get him an offer either way. If he would be willing to switch positions (DE, OLB) in the scenario he can't crack the two deep after a couple seasons, then lock up local athletes like him. He's a terrific character kid with excellent size and athleticism. He's the kind of depth guy you grab and feel comfortable that his floor is worth it.

Leave a comment:

• NDdomer2
    replied
    I work same company as Torres mother, different offices tho. If he has an ND offer you can guarantee hell be a domer.

Leave a comment:

• rtrn2glory
    replied
    Is the recent update on Twitter referring to his return trip referring to the Duke game

Leave a comment:

• rtrn2glory
    replied
    Going to fnl to tell Urban face to face he's committing.......to ND �� (guy can dream)

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
    I would be fine with a Kuntz or Torres approach. It's quite possible that Torres' recruitment picks up big time though. He's 6'6" with good hands and Penn isn't no joke. I would be totally fine with "settling" for a kid like him. Especially with our stacked TE depth chart.
    You aren't the only one who would "settle". He's packing as we speak to head back down to OSU for FNL. That's his second UV this summer and FNL is invite only.

I hope ND offers him while Urban is speaking, then gets up and leaves. He would instantaneously be placed on my Rushmore with Montana, Rocket, Shark & Tommy Z status.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    If we are going head to head with PSU for a recruit I'll take our chances every time. Every time
    We are.

Is that a CB?

Leave a comment:

• woolybug25
    replied
    You don't have to worry about AJ, '17 will be his last year. Call your bookie and get some of that action.

The other two you bring up are valid points. I don't see Kuntz coming. Both his brothers played at PSU, one is still there. I've said the TE ND will get is Pat Freiermuth from MA but he better be the ND fan that I read he is otherwise coming in after Wright and Kmet is a tough choice. Maybe they need to take legacy, Anthony Torres from Mishawaka and take chill in '18? Then turn Sanford loose on Isaiah Foskey from De La Salle in NorCal who is the cream of the crop in '19 with a handful of P5 offers already.
    I would be fine with a Kuntz or Torres approach. It's quite possible that Torres' recruitment picks up big time though. He's 6'6" with good hands and Penn isn't no joke. I would be totally fine with "settling" for a kid like him. Especially with our stacked TE depth chart.

Leave a comment:

• GBdomer
    replied
    If we are going head to head with PSU for a recruit I'll take our chances every time. Every time

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by ND Fan Vancouver View Post
    This is hard to say and may sound a little negative but if I was this kid and was the #1 TE in the country standing 6"7.5, and wanting to make it to the NFL I'd be nervous about going to ND considering that they Have Alize, Wright and Kmet all ready. That hasn't seemed to stop top flight TE talent to come here in the past though. If he values education and going to school 4-5 years and wants to go to TE U then maybe he comes. We seem to do well in PA and maybe the idea of playing with Jurkovec sounds good! Let's hope so.
    Go Irish
    You don't have to worry about AJ, '17 will be his last year. Call your bookie and get some of that action.

The other two you bring up are valid points. I don't see Kuntz coming. Both his brothers played at PSU, one is still there. I've said the TE ND will get is Pat Freiermuth from MA but he better be the ND fan that I read he is otherwise coming in after Wright and Kmet is a tough choice. Maybe they need to take legacy, Anthony Torres from Mishawaka and take chill in '18? Then turn Sanford loose on Isaiah Foskey from De La Salle in NorCal who is the cream of the crop in '19 with a handful of P5 offers already.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Media makes it sound like he's gonna be a PSU lock. Was hoping he might swing through SB this week before/after he goes to FNL in Columbus. That's a big fat no.
    This is hard to say and may sound a little negative but if I was this kid and was the #1 TE in the country standing 6"7.5, and wanting to make it to the NFL I'd be nervous about going to ND considering that they Have Alize, Wright and Kmet all ready. That hasn't seemed to stop top flight TE talent to come here in the past though. If he values education and going to school 4-5 years and wants to go to TE U then maybe he comes. We seem to do well in PA and maybe the idea of playing with Jurkovec sounds good! Let's hope so.
    Go Irish

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
    Related to Pat?

Wasn't Pat from Indiana?

I don't think so or I'd have read that by now.

Leave a comment:

• Sherm Sticky
    replied
    Related to Pat?

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
    Will be back on campus for the duke game per scout.
    Media makes it sound like he's gonna be a PSU lock. Was hoping he might swing through SB this week before/after he goes to FNL in Columbus. That's a big fat no.

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X