Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'18 PA TE Zack Kuntz (Penn State Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '18 PA TE Zack Kuntz (Penn State Verbal)

Tight End / Defensive End
    Camp Hill, PA
    Camp Hill HS

Measurements:
    6-7.5

Rankings:

247 Comp ......... ...... #1 TE ..... #28 OA ..... .9842 rating
    247 .................... ......... #1 TE ..... #14 OA ...... 96 rating
    Scout ................. ......... #3 TE ..... #67 OA
    Rivals ................. ......... Top4 ....... Top100

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Bama
    Duke
    FSU
    Maryland
    Michigan
    Nebraska
    Ohio St
    Penn St
    Pitt
    Syracuse
    Va Tech
    W Virginia

Media Links:

Twitter - zackkuntz_717

Zack Kuntz - Hudl

Highlights:

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/3908080/highlights/285948454' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 11-26-2016, 02:57 PM.

This kid is 30 minutes from my house. If there is legit interest on his end by the time the season starts I'll go have a look and report back.

Comment

1st team Soph All American.

49 rec....743 yds.....11TD's. More amazingly he had 113 tackles at DE.

Had 2 older brothers that played at PSU. One is a walk on there now.

I remember a snippet from one of the sites that said he had interest in ND. Would have to imagine he'll get a look. I'd strike while PA is Irish crazy, though he's from the Harrisburgh area, not WPA.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIrish41 View Post
        This kid is 30 minutes from my house. If there is legit interest on his end by the time the season starts I'll go have a look and report back.
        I read on ISD or Scout (I think) that he was interested in ND. I couldn't find it when i looked.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
          1st team Soph All American.

49 rec....743 yds.....11TD's. More amazingly he had 113 tackles at DE.

Had 2 older brothers that played at PSU. One is a walk on there now.

I remember a snippet from one of the sites that said he had interest in ND. Would have to imagine he'll get a look. I'd strike while PA is Irish crazy, though he's from the Harrisburgh area, not WPA.

I am guessing his oldest brother was Christian who wanted to go to ND bad but we didn't offer and PSU did.

Comment

Originally posted by dkuhn12 View Post
            I am guessing his oldest brother was Christian who wanted to go to ND bad but we didn't offer and PSU did.
            That'd be he.

Comment

Dude looks like a player. Want this guy at ND

Comment

Will he be willing to sit behind the two studs in the '17 class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                  Will he be willing to sit behind the two studs in the '17 class?

You mean next to them... on the bench behind Weishar and Jones?

This guy has a physical skill set different from the rest of the guys. 113 tackles really sticks out too.

Comment

Can he play DE too?
                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Will be on campus next weekend. Currently the #1 TE in the class of '18 and #14 overall per 247.

Will the PA movement continue?

Comment

Highly rated player from PA. Also rated as the top tightend. Can't see anyway he doesn't attend ND now.

Comment

Highly rated player from PA. Also rated as the top tightend. Can't see anyway he doesn't attend ND now.

Well, both his brothers played at PSU, one's there now as a walk on (I think).

But I'll follow that with... is Dylan McCaffrey committed to Stanford?

Comment

Since Fasano got to the league 10 years ago, ND TE's have contracts totaling right at $100M. With Rudolph is in his prime, Eifert just coming into his and waiting on his big contract in a few years and Niklas ad Koyak just getting started these six (including John Carlson) could easily earn over $150M

I won't even try to calculate the $$$ Smythe, Weishar and Jones could/will make.

So in case you're reading Mr. Kuntz... Here's $100M more reasons to choose ND.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TBT?src=hash">#TBT</a><br>In honor of Draft weekend s/o to all of the CURRENT ND TE&#39;s Tight End U <a href="https://twitter.com/EiferTy85">@EiferTy85</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KyleRudolph82">@KyleRudolph82</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/koymonster">@koymonster</a> <a href="https://t.co/Ed3UwvRvxY">pic.twitter.com/Ed3UwvRvxY</a></p>&mdash; Scott Booker (@CoachSBooker) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachSBooker/status/725722525364289536">April 28, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

#67 overall and #3 TE on Scout

Comment

how is Brevin Jordan ranked higher than him?

Comment

Since Fasano got to the league 10 years ago, ND TE's have contracts totaling right at $100M. With Rudolph is in his prime, Eifert just coming into his and waiting on his big contract in a few years and Niklas ad Koyak just getting started these six (including John Carlson) could easily earn over $150M

I won't even try to calculate the $$$ Smythe, Weishar and Jones could/will make.

So in case you're reading Mr. Kuntz... Here's $100M more reasons to choose ND.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TBT?src=hash">#TBT</a><br>In honor of Draft weekend s/o to all of the CURRENT ND TE's Tight End U <a href="https://twitter.com/EiferTy85">@EiferTy85</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KyleRudolph82">@KyleRudolph82</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/koymonster">@koymonster</a> <a href="https://t.co/Ed3UwvRvxY">pic.twitter.com/Ed3UwvRvxY</a></p>&mdash; Scott Booker (@CoachSBooker) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachSBooker/status/725722525364289536">April 28, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                  The only other rich Kuntz I know are the Kardashians.

Heyooooh
                                  Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

Comment

Originally posted by irishnd31 View Post
                                    The only other rich Kuntz I know are the Kardashians.

Heyooooh
                                    You gonna be here all week?

Comment

Will be back on campus for the duke game per scout.
                                      "I'm not a film evaluator"
                                      - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
                                        Will be back on campus for the duke game per scout.
                                        Media makes it sound like he's gonna be a PSU lock. Was hoping he might swing through SB this week before/after he goes to FNL in Columbus. That's a big fat no.

Comment

Related to Pat?

Comment

Related to Pat?

Wasn't Pat from Indiana?

I don't think so or I'd have read that by now.

Comment

Media makes it sound like he's gonna be a PSU lock. Was hoping he might swing through SB this week before/after he goes to FNL in Columbus. That's a big fat no.
                                              This is hard to say and may sound a little negative but if I was this kid and was the #1 TE in the country standing 6"7.5, and wanting to make it to the NFL I'd be nervous about going to ND considering that they Have Alize, Wright and Kmet all ready. That hasn't seemed to stop top flight TE talent to come here in the past though. If he values education and going to school 4-5 years and wants to go to TE U then maybe he comes. We seem to do well in PA and maybe the idea of playing with Jurkovec sounds good! Let's hope so.
                                              Go Irish

Comment

Originally posted by ND Fan Vancouver View Post
                                                This is hard to say and may sound a little negative but if I was this kid and was the #1 TE in the country standing 6"7.5, and wanting to make it to the NFL I'd be nervous about going to ND considering that they Have Alize, Wright and Kmet all ready. That hasn't seemed to stop top flight TE talent to come here in the past though. If he values education and going to school 4-5 years and wants to go to TE U then maybe he comes. We seem to do well in PA and maybe the idea of playing with Jurkovec sounds good! Let's hope so.
                                                Go Irish
                                                You don't have to worry about AJ, '17 will be his last year. Call your bookie and get some of that action.

The other two you bring up are valid points. I don't see Kuntz coming. Both his brothers played at PSU, one is still there. I've said the TE ND will get is Pat Freiermuth from MA but he better be the ND fan that I read he is otherwise coming in after Wright and Kmet is a tough choice. Maybe they need to take legacy, Anthony Torres from Mishawaka and take chill in '18? Then turn Sanford loose on Isaiah Foskey from De La Salle in NorCal who is the cream of the crop in '19 with a handful of P5 offers already.

Comment

If we are going head to head with PSU for a recruit I'll take our chances every time. Every time

Comment

You don't have to worry about AJ, '17 will be his last year. Call your bookie and get some of that action.

The other two you bring up are valid points. I don't see Kuntz coming. Both his brothers played at PSU, one is still there. I've said the TE ND will get is Pat Freiermuth from MA but he better be the ND fan that I read he is otherwise coming in after Wright and Kmet is a tough choice. Maybe they need to take legacy, Anthony Torres from Mishawaka and take chill in '18? Then turn Sanford loose on Isaiah Foskey from De La Salle in NorCal who is the cream of the crop in '19 with a handful of P5 offers already.
                                                    I would be fine with a Kuntz or Torres approach. It's quite possible that Torres' recruitment picks up big time though. He's 6'6" with good hands and Penn isn't no joke. I would be totally fine with "settling" for a kid like him. Especially with our stacked TE depth chart.
                                                    Originally posted by koonja
                                                    I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                      If we are going head to head with PSU for a recruit I'll take our chances every time. Every time
                                                      We are.

Is that a CB?

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                                        I would be fine with a Kuntz or Torres approach. It's quite possible that Torres' recruitment picks up big time though. He's 6'6" with good hands and Penn isn't no joke. I would be totally fine with "settling" for a kid like him. Especially with our stacked TE depth chart.
                                                        You aren't the only one who would "settle". He's packing as we speak to head back down to OSU for FNL. That's his second UV this summer and FNL is invite only.

I hope ND offers him while Urban is speaking, then gets up and leaves. He would instantaneously be placed on my Rushmore with Montana, Rocket, Shark & Tommy Z status.

Comment

Going to fnl to tell Urban face to face he's committing.......to ND �� (guy can dream)
                                                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Is the recent update on Twitter referring to his return trip referring to the Duke game
                                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

I work same company as Torres mother, different offices tho. If he has an ND offer you can guarantee hell be a domer.
                                                              Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                I work same company as Torres mother, different offices tho. If he has an ND offer you can guarantee hell be a domer.
                                                                I honestly would like to get him an offer either way. If he would be willing to switch positions (DE, OLB) in the scenario he can't crack the two deep after a couple seasons, then lock up local athletes like him. He's a terrific character kid with excellent size and athleticism. He's the kind of depth guy you grab and feel comfortable that his floor is worth it.

Comment

This kid is a must after the 2017 season might on have two TE if Jones leaves early I think we need two in 2018 class

Comment

Originally posted by CIrishWin View Post
                                                                    This kid is a must after the 2017 season might on have two TE if Jones leaves early I think we need two in 2018 class
                                                                    Don't get your hopes up. Serious legacy issue here. He is special though, actually a very good hurdler at 6-7.

ND has had at least 3 other ranked TE's in the class on campus already including #2 Pat Freiermuth of MA and there's legacy Anthony Torres of IN who might blow up. He was just invited to OSU for FNL, his second visit there. He'll be getting a profile today along with the others.

Comment

amazing how these dominos play out.....will be back to ND vs Duke....right now it is an ND vs Bama battle w/ stanford not a factor unless offered---247
                                                                      EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Holy balls. I know I'm getting wayyy ahead of things and a lot would have to play out to make this happen but could you imagine a team with TE's of Alize Jones, Brock Wright, Cole Kmet and Zack Kuntz. That's ridiculous to even think about.

Brock and Cole will obviously be here in 2018 and Alize would have to have a truly dominant year next year to go pro and Kuntz is still way up in the air to even commit but it's fun to dream.

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                                          amazing how these dominos play out.....will be back to ND vs Duke....right now it is an ND vs Bama battle w/ stanford not a factor unless offered---247
                                                                          No mention of PSU? I'll have to see him quoted as saying "PSU is out" before I believe it's exclusively an ND v. Bama battle.

Comment

Originally posted by jspags10pg View Post
                                                                            Holy balls. I know I'm getting wayyy ahead of things and a lot would have to play out to make this happen but could you imagine a team with TE's of Alize Jones, Brock Wright, Cole Kmet and Zack Kuntz. That's ridiculous to even think about.

Brock and Cole will obviously be here in 2018 and Alize would have to have a truly dominant year next year to go pro and Kuntz is still way up in the air to even commit but it's fun to dream.
                                                                            My guess is the only way Kuntz and Alize are on campus at the same time is if Kuntz EE's.

Comment

• #41
                                                                              Would be a great add to the 18 class. Can't believe how smooth he looks running the hurdles. That's very athletic for someone of his frame.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                My guess is the only way Kuntz and Alize are on campus at the same time is if Kuntz EE's.
                                                                                I would be inclined to agree with you with much more certainty if Alize wasn't suspended this year. Could have an impact in quite a few ways on Alize's future. But like I said...a lot would have to play out for this to happen anyway. It's just fun to think about.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                  No mention of PSU? I'll have to see him quoted as saying "PSU is out" before I believe it's exclusively an ND v. Bama battle.
                                                                                  according to one of their sources close to his recruitment its ND vs Bama w/ NO mention of PSU
                                                                                  EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #44
                                                                                    Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                                                    according to one of their sources close to his recruitment its ND vs Bama w/ NO mention of PSU
                                                                                    ...same folks who said Martin and ND had no interest apparently. He was just there on Monday when Freiermuth committed. I'll bet my skin we haven't heard the last of PSU on this one.

But I hope I wrong!

Comment

• #45
                                                                                      Is it pronounced Cuntz or Koontz?

Comment

• #46
                                                                                        Originally posted by tko View Post
                                                                                        Coonce

Comment

• #47
                                                                                          Originally posted by tko View Post
                                                                                          If he goes to Bama or PSU??? Definitely Cuntz...

Comment

• #48
                                                                                            Coming next weekend, at PSU this weekend

Wilfong

I know for a fact ND is in the top 2 or 3

Comment

• #49
                                                                                              Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                                              Coming next weekend, at PSU this weekend

Wilfong

I know for a fact ND is in the top 2 or 3
                                                                                              Way to go out on a limb there Fonger. There's only 3 total.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                Brian Dohn feels Kuntz is on commitment watch this weekend

Scout: News, notes and recruiting scoop around the ACC

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                Working...
                                                                                                X