Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'18 IL WR Micah Jones (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
    Honestly, I have no real opinion of him. But I feel like people would be way more excited about this guy if Boykin was playing at a higher level. I'm not saying he's a Boykin clone, like I said I have no real opinion since I haven't watched his film and wouldn't be qualified to give a solid opinion anyway. But he's a low four/high three star tall receiver from IL, so the general perception of him within the fanbase might be altered by that.
    Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
    I'm in wait and see mode. Question his speed and if he will be able to get separation. It helps he's 6'4. Hope we get more out of him then a guy he reminds me a lot of in Miles Boykin.
    Thanks guys. I've been waiting for another Stovall to arise.
    "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
      Thanks guys. I've been waiting for another Stovall to arise.
      Upside IMO is Stovall or someone like Devin Funchess

Comment

• And I remember reading fairly recently that Micah is now a full 6-6.

He was 6-4.5 at the Chicago-Regional in 2016.

Comment

• SIGNED.
          I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Congrats🖐🏾<a href="https://twitter.com/mej2018?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@mej2018</a> .... for being part of ND football senior class. Graduating Notre Dame in 3 years is a huge accomplishment from a kid from the 847 ! The next chapter is already under way. Your best work is done in the dark. Love Dad ! 🙏🏽💙🖐🏾🤘🏽 <a href="https://t.co/qZ1FVSfX8Y">https://t.co/qZ1FVSfX8Y</a></p>&mdash; Mark Jones (@GOMAB1987) <a href="https://twitter.com/GOMAB1987/status/1335257811371094018?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good for Micah. No formal announcement if he intends on grad transferring, but reading the tea leaves...

Comment

• Originally posted by NewEnglandGuy View Post
              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Congrats🖐🏾<a href="https://twitter.com/mej2018?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@mej2018</a> .... for being part of ND football senior class. Graduating Notre Dame in 3 years is a huge accomplishment from a kid from the 847 ! The next chapter is already under way. Your best work is done in the dark. Love Dad ! 🙏🏽💙🖐🏾🤘🏽 <a href="https://t.co/qZ1FVSfX8Y">https://t.co/qZ1FVSfX8Y</a></p>&mdash; Mark Jones (@GOMAB1987) <a href="https://twitter.com/GOMAB1987/status/1335257811371094018?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good for Micah. No formal announcement if he intends on grad transferring, but reading the tea leaves...
              some program will be happy to have him. I thought when we signed him he would at least get some looks in the redzone. Kids like this are what make the program and his teammates great.
              Prehistoric

Comment

• Gonna have 3 years to play. I wonder what his degree was in? If he's an FTT guy, I'd be begging Babers for a spot. Getting into Northwestern would be great too and close to home. Both schools offered out of HS.

Comment

• Any idea why he didn’t work out here? Every time I see him on the sidelines he just looks the part maybe more than any of our other WRs.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                    Any idea why he didnít work out here? Every time I see him on the sidelines he just looks the part maybe more than any of our other WRs.
                    Maybe heís just not that good. Not trying to be a smart ass, just donít know what else it would be.
                    60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                      Any idea why he didnít work out here? Every time I see him on the sidelines he just looks the part maybe more than any of our other WRs.
                      never looked like he had any speed and tbh thought he was a reach for ND at the time... he was a poor man's javon clone...and with javon being a great blocker not taking him out w/ someone just like him but not the blocker...just my .02
                      EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                        never looked like he had any speed and tbh thought he was a reach for ND at the time... he was a poor man's javon clone...and with javon being a great blocker not taking him out w/ someone just like him but not the blocker...just my .02

I thought he was more like Boykins coming out of high school, but nope. Although I knew he wasn&rsquo;t as fast as Boykins but I don&rsquo;t think any of us knew how fast Miles straight one speed actually was. Micah could have been a bully slot, but the coaching staff doesn&rsquo;t seem to want to have big slots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I like these stories. EE that got a degree in three years. So he never made All American.

He got the most of the deal which is how it should be. Good for him.
                          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                            I thought he was more like Boykins coming out of high school, but nope. Although I knew he wasn&rsquo;t as fast as Boykins but I don&rsquo;t think any of us knew how fast Miles straight one speed actually was. Micah could have been a bully slot, but the coaching staff doesn&rsquo;t seem to want to have big slots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I suppose there's little use for a big slot when your TE depth chart looks like ND's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                              I suppose there's little use for a big slot when your TE depth chart looks like ND's.
                              Right. Who has time for such niche role-players like "bully slots" when you've already got more draftable TEs on your roster than you can find playing time for?

Comment

• True...fair points.

Comment

• Watch him become the next Boykin/Claypool/McKinley. Who knows. Maybe the light goes on late like some of these guys.

Comment

• As expected in the transfer portal.

Have the team at 89 scholarships currently
                                    27 frosh
                                    17 soph
                                    20 jr
                                    16 sr
                                    9 5th

Comment

• Originally posted by NewEnglandGuy View Post
                                      As expected in the transfer portal.

Have the team at 89 scholarships currently
                                      27 frosh
                                      17 soph
                                      20 jr
                                      16 sr
                                      9 5th
                                      Aren't teams getting a pass this year on the scholarship limit anyways? Or am I mistaken?
                                      My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                        Aren't teams getting a pass this year on the scholarship limit anyways? Or am I mistaken?
                                        Yep...

Comment

• Originally posted by TNUtoNotreDame View Post
                                          Yep...
                                          no. only players who would have been out of eligibility if not for COVID are exempted from the 85 count for 2021. We only have two, Hinish and Doerer, so we are capped at 87.

The source for this is a story by Hansen in the SBT a couple weeks ago. Surprised me as there has been a lot a chatter about no limit this year but it is not true.

And transfers count, even if they were exempt at their prior school.

Comment

• Boy, that 2018 WR class, huh?

Lawrence Keys: 18 catches, 185 yards, 0 TD
                                            Braden Lenzy: 9 catches, 122 yards, 0 TD. 10 carries, 175 yards, 2 TD
                                            Kevin Austin: 6 catches, 108 yards
                                            Joe Wilkins Jr.: 7 catches, 63 yards, 1 TD
                                            Micah Jones: Transferred

Injuries, grades and development teamed up to nuke that group's production. Who knows if we'll ever see the remaining players live up to what everyone expected at this point in their careers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinKSU View Post
                                              Boy, that 2018 WR class, huh?

Injuries, grades and development teamed up to nuke that group's production. Who knows if we'll ever see the remaining players live up to what everyone expected at this point in their careers.
                                              they can't be career stats. Lenzy caught 11 for 2 TDs in the 19 season alone. I remember him on the end of a deep ball that got us excited. But yes overall disappointing.

Good luck to Mr Jones.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinKSU View Post
                                                Boy, that 2018 WR class, huh?

There's plenty of eligibility left for those guys and a wide open depth chart. All except Wilkins were 4 star guys. I'm pretty optimistic but we'll see soon enough.

Another round of 4 stars behind them so this year they'll either produce or be gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                  they can't be career stats. Lenzy caught 11 for 2 TDs in the 19 season alone. I remember him on the end of a deep ball that got us excited. But yes overall disappointing.

Good luck to Mr Jones.
                                                  You're correct, and his written bio says that, but the UND stats page where I got that info is weird. It only lists him as having played in five games in 2019. Am I looking in the wrong place when I go to his stats page?

https://und.com/roster/braden-lenzy-2/

Correcting for that, 18 catches for 317 yards and 3 TD to go with 16 rushes for 208 yards and 2 TD is the best we've gotten out of that class. Sorta feels like a cursed class.
                                                  Last edited by ColinKSU; 02-08-2021, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• We absolutely have to do a better job with WRs as a position group. Claypool was great no doubt, and Finke played beyond his potential, but this last season our WR group was not great. Where are those guys from the 2018 class that should have been upperclassmen this season? They've got to stay healthy and show up, they should be our leaders. That's mostly on the coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                      We absolutely have to do a better job with WRs as a position group. Claypool was great no doubt, and Finke played beyond his potential, but this last season our WR group was not great. Where are those guys from the 2018 class that should have been upperclassmen this season? They've got to stay healthy and show up, they should be our leaders. That's mostly on the coaches.
                                                      Have to think Del's seat is at least a little warm.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• https://twitter.com/mej2018/status/1...413606403?s=20

Transferring to Illinois State
                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                        Working...
                                                        X