Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'18 PA QB Phil Jurkovec (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '18 PA QB Phil Jurkovec (Notre Dame Signee)

Dual Threat Quarterback
    Gibsonia, PA
    Pine-Richland HS

Measurements:
    6-5

Rankings:

247 Comp ..... ......... #2 QB-Dual ..... #28 OA ..... .9828 rating ...... #4 QB overall

247 ................ ......... #1 QB-Dual ..... #12 OA ...... 97 rating .......... #2 QB overall
    Rivals ............. ......... #3 QB-Dual ..... #59 OA ...... 6.0 rating ......... #7 QB overall
    Scout ............. ......... #1 QB-Dual ..... #49 OA ................................. #4 QB overall
    ESPN .............. ......... #4 QB-Dual ..... #60 OA ...... 84 rating .......... #9 QB overall

Offers:

Notre Dame .......... Commited 5-16-16

Alabama
    Mich St
    Miss St
    Penn St
    Pitt
    Temple
    Tennessee
    UCLA
    W Virginia
    Wisconsin

Media Links:

Twitter = @pjurkovec

Phil Jurkovec - Hudl

Pine-Richland Football | MaxPreps

Highlights:

Sr Season: - https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3785137...f70427fc577959

Jr Season: - https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3785137...0c6d25204bd76d

So Season: - https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3785137...1ddc1b00773d5d

Fr Season: - https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3785137...e96b63800460d3

Last edited by BobbyMac; 05-25-2021, 03:51 PM.

Leads a Top 20 team in PA's top division. 9-1 on the season with the only loss to Pitt Central Catholic by a TD.

Has thrown for 2266 yds on 158 of 237 with 17 TD and 3 Int.

Rushed for 1088 yds on 113 carries with 10 TD's

Comment

I wonder if Sanford checked him out last week while in Pitt??
      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
        I wonder if Sanford checked him out last week while in Pitt??
        He did. While a majority of the staff was at Hamlin's game, Sanford was at his.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
          He did. While a majority of the staff was at Hamlin's game, Sanford was at his.
          The trip to Central Catholic might produce another offer.

Comment

6'5" you say? Ummmm.... where do we contribute to this slush fund?

#dontwantnoshortqbman

Comment

Kizer's replacement!

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                Kizer's replacement!
                Brandon Wimbush just put you on the bulletin board.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                  You beat me to it.

Comment

It was kind of a joke. Going Kizer-Wimbush-Jurkovec in about 6-7 years could be crazy, hopefully some championships are sprinkled in there as well

Comment

Last edited by connor_in; 11-09-2015, 12:53 PM.
                      Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

The starter from his team last year set records in PA. They are definitely a QB friendly team. He will be given plenty of opportunities to succeed. They lost in the state title last year as well.

High school notebook: Records tumble during PIAA football title games | TribLIVE

Got to love the height of this kid.

Comment

If anyone gets the Pittsburgh Root network, his Pine-Richland team is playing right now. It's a tape delay, as the game started at 7:30, but it's only been on tv since 9:00.

Comment

visiting this weekend per the buzz from ISD's Matt Freeman

Comment

Believed to be a Pitt and ND battle.
                              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                visiting this weekend per the buzz from ISD's Matt Freeman
                                Looks like the visit went pretty well

Report from loy saying "felt like home"

Comment

Per ISD/Freeman, Phil was joined by his parents and they seemed to enjoy the academic layout of everything. Sanford building a very strong relationship with him which is helping big-time. OSU and Meyer also trying hard to get him there, so this weekend was big.
                                  sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

If we can lock up Jurkovec it'll make me feel a lot better about going Book-Davis back to back
                                    “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                                    ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

Could he be next?

That would cause the recruitniksphere to go full retard.

Comment

Penn State fans would go full potato. For those that haven't done so check out a PSU board since last night.

Comment

visiting osu tomorrow and thurs-247
                                          EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                            This is for all of the dreamers in Columbus. Here's a picture of PJ standing with his future teammates. Wish he was staying till Friday so you could watch him eat fish.

Comment

yuck

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                Penn State fans would go full potato. For those that haven't done so check out a PSU board since last night.
                                                Kind of like how we were when every recruit we had a good shot at was committing to OSU.
                                                I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

yep plans to visit them

Comment

#1 Dual Threat QB, #2 overall QB, #9 overall prospect on initial Top247

Comment

"I have continued to talk with Coach Sanford," Jurkovec said. "I'm hoping to get back there soon. I can't make it up for the spring game [this weekend], but my team is going up there in June for a camp, so I know I'll be there for sure then. Hopefully I'll get up there before that soon or something."

"I'm talking to him probably once a week," he added. "It's good. We just talk a lot. I really like Coach Sanford, I think he's got a lot of energy, I think he's a good coach and I think he can develop quarterbacks."

"I think it's cool when you have people from the same area going to the same school," he said. "All three of them are good players and I think they are going to do real well there."

"I really haven't thought about making a commitment early or later," he said when asked about a timeline for a decision. "I want to do it whenever I feel like its the right time."
                                                      rivals

Comment

has he held hands with Urban yet?

Comment

From Rivals staff:

https://n.rivals.com/news/where-will...-from-rcs-ohio

Recruiting wrap: The recruiting process started very early for Jurkovec and the Western Pennsylvania native holds more than a dozen offers despite not even being halfway through with his high school career. Many of those offers are from very tradition-rich programs, including in-state schools Penn State and Pittsburgh, where he has visited several times. Jurkovec told us on Saturday he remains open and is in no rush to make a decision, but a visit to Notre Dame obviously resonated with the class of 2018 quarterback and many feel that is the team to beat early in this recruitment.

Prediction: Notre Dame

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bkPJTGYrp7k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                          Last edited by BobbyMac; 04-14-2016, 06:21 PM.

Comment

sanford out to see his boy-247

Comment

Main competition per Loy, Pittsburgh, Buckeyes, Bama.

Comment

I mean, isn't he a lock with that last name?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Per Wilfong this is now 4 visits, a basketball game and a football game. HE GETS WHAT HE WANTS

Comment

A little odd, but Michigan still has shown little to no interest in 2018 four-star (#9 overall) quarterback Phil Jurkovec. Jurkovec says he has "high" interest in Michigan, and his head coach spoke at the Wolverines' coaching clinic last month. We're completely ignoring his 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction at this point, but the fact that the Michigan staff hasn't shown any interest in him is......well, interesting, as our current belief is that a player Michigan hasn't offered in 2018 will eventually be their QB in the class. He's a potential spring evaluation offer.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

Wiltfong with the CB to the Buckeyes.

What a crappy, crappy day.

Comment

Wiltfong with the CB to the Buckeyes.

What a crappy, crappy day.
                                                                        WTF happened to us being the leader so much for inside sources.

Comment

I'm really tired of getting taken to the cleaners by OSU in more ways than 1. No player is more impact to a recruiting class than a #1 overall QB committing 2 years ahead of time. This could have really changed 2018 and parts of 2017.

Comment

If you just read the Emory Jones thread, you can skip this. Just updating PJ's thread too.

Emory Jones got 6 CB's to OSU today. (Loy included). Wiltfong had CB'd Jones to Tennessee in March. Hopefully Wiltfong gets the same intel as those guys and follows suit.

Then he can CB Phil to ND where he belongs.

Comment

• #40
                                                                              They are after one of the Kardishans girls back up QB at Gorman as well

Comment

• #41
                                                                                Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                                They are after one of the Kardishans girls back up QB at Gorman as well
                                                                                Dorian Thompson Robinson. He and Brevin Jordan (Aliz'e Jones Jr) are a package deal per them. I could see ND getting in on them if the PA pair of PJ and Kuntz don't work out.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                  I would take Kuntz over Jordan. Plus I'm not buying the package deal they never work out especially from sophomores in high school.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                    Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                                    I would take Kuntz over Jordan. Plus I'm not buying the package deal they never work out especially from sophomores in high school.
                                                                                    Agreed on Kuntz and I like Muhammad more than Jordan also. As for the "package deal" claim, that's why I said per them. The best news on the TE front is Pat Freiermuth who 247 has as #3 loves ND. Hopefully he doesn't pick basketball, he averaged 22ppg as a soph.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                      will "most likely" be in South Bend Sunday night and have an all day visit monday

will also be on campus for 7 on 7 in june and potentially the 18th for the invasion
                                                                                      247

wiltfong stated sanford has developed good relationship w/ him and has earned the families trust--and then loy said there isn't anyone MORE CONNECTED to this recruitment than Steve
                                                                                      Last edited by PANDFAN; 05-12-2016, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                        will "most likely" be in South Bend Sunday night and have an all day visit monday

will also be on campus for 7 on 7 in june and potentially the 18th for the invasion
                                                                                        247
                                                                                        Thanks for the updates Panada. Special thanks for the good ones ;).

Comment

• #46
                                                                                          Irish per 247

Comment

• #47
                                                                                            COMMITTED!!

Beat me by that much.
                                                                                            Last edited by NDGOLDEN; 05-16-2016, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: The nation&#39;s No. 1 dual QB per <a href="https://twitter.com/247Sports">@247Sports</a> in 2018 Phil Jurkovec commits to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a>: <a href="https://t.co/mEz8QUqHjG">https://t.co/mEz8QUqHjG</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ND?src=hash">#ND</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247">@TomLoy247</a></p>&mdash; Steve Wiltfong (@SWiltfong247) <a href="https://twitter.com/SWiltfong247/status/732356457648115712">May 16, 2016</a></blockquote>
                                                                                              <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                Hell yes....
                                                                                                Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. It’s my job to make sure we become that family.”

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                  Wow!!!!!!

Where'd this come from?!?!?!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X