Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'17 VA ATH Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
    I definitely remember 2012 Manti Teo. He was awesome. But JOK can do things on the football field that Manti could only dream of doing.
    Manti is pretty good at dreaming up some ridiculous ideas, so you're probably right

Comment

• So you're telling me we got the high school and the college Butkus award winners? AGAIN?

Jaylon got it the same year as Manti as well.

We almost had it again when Jaylon won it in college and we almost landed Caleb Kelly.
      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Penn St's on line 1. Mentioned something about they want their Linebacker U title returned at once. . .

TE U

OL U

now LB U

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
          Penn St's on line 1. Mentioned something about they want their Linebacker U title returned at once. . .

TE U

OL U

now LB U

ALL THE BOX PLAYERS.
          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
            ALL THE BOX PLAYERS.
            With Ziegler in the boat and with some very promising LB targets now it the time to push the narrative. Who cares if some disagree. How many current HC's have 3 Butkus award winners?

Let's get Ziegler, Cheeks, and Jackson to ND.

Comment

• That’s some great news for the young man. Good for him.

He just needs to focus in this final game and leave it all out there. He admitted he left his assignment too often on Saturday and he’s right. He usually gets away with it but this Clemson offense was a different beast. I hope he still plays w/ abandon...but focused abandon. Not just him but his entire defense.

Comment

• BOOM!

Comment

• Awesome JOK. You worked hard for this. Congrats
                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• What a beast. Congrats. Go get ‘em in the NFL, Owusu.

Comment

• Top-20 pick

Comment

• Originally posted by #1rish View Post
                        Top-20 pick
                        Ive seen him at 13 to the Broncos in a few mocks. Fangio would salivate over him.

Comment

• He's a bigger Devin Bush and the Steelers snagged him in the teens. I don't expect JOK to go any lower than that.
                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                            He's a bigger Devin Bush and the Steelers snagged him in the teens. I don't expect JOK to go any lower than that.
                            It'll be interesting to see what his 40 is. I don't think it'll be quite as fast as Devin Bush and Devin White. Probably high 4.4s
                            “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                            ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

He's a bigger Devin Bush and the Steelers snagged him in the teens. I don't expect JOK to go any lower than that.
                              I agree. Just a freak of nature

Comment

• TIL Jeremiah had offers from Princeton, Yale, Dartmouth, and West Point. Damn.

Comment

• https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-...wilson-at-no-2

13. DENVER BRONCOS – LB JEREMIAH OWUSU-KORAMOAH, NOTRE DAME
                                  Is he a safety, or is he a linebacker? I’m not sure it matters, as he’s the type of versatile coverage player you want in today’s NFL. He’s allowed only 197 yards on 31 targets this season while often playing a role that would be classified as slot corner in the NFL.
                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah declares for the NFL Draft. He was the first player <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> recruited to specifically play rover in Mike Elko&#39;s 4-2-5 scheme. <a href="https://t.co/KxvIxMnMQK">https://t.co/KxvIxMnMQK</a></p>&mdash; Carter Karels (@CarterKarels) <a href="https://twitter.com/CarterKarels/status/1346192100191334402?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• We are going to miss this guy. He played hard and grew a lot on the field. Good luck JOK.
                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• McShay has him going to the Broncos at #9 in his latest mock.

I was actually wondering if he would go inside the top-10 considering the latest trend of Butkus winners:

Simmons - 8th overall
                                        White - 5th overall
                                        Smith - 8th overall

Comment

• Going to be a pretty good payday if he lands in the top 10

Comment

• I was hoping the Browns would draft him. Looking like they might not get the chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                              I was hoping the Browns would draft him. Looking like they might not get the chance.
                                              When's the last time a Browns fan got to say something like this??
                                              My CFB Book: https://www.amazon.com/Southbound-Tr.../dp/0692932593

Comment

• Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                                I was hoping the Browns would draft him. Looking like they might not get the chance.
                                                Damn Browns are always passing on Irish players. They never draft them anyway. Wish they would, I like to follow Irish guys in the NFL more than I follow the Browns these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                  Damn Browns are always passing on Irish players. They never draft them anyway. Wish they would, I like to follow Irish guys in the NFL more than I follow the Browns these days.
                                                  ...DeShone Kizer in shambles.

Jeff Faine was a first-round pick in the early 2000s.

Comment

• Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post
                                                    ...DeShone Kizer in shambles.

Jeff Faine was a first-round pick in the early 2000s.
                                                    Aside from those guys, the only other Irish guys that wound up at the Browns were Brady and I think Jamoris Slaughter might have gotten picked up as an UDFA briefly. That's not a lot of guys in about 20 years. Brady got the short end of the straw too, he spent several years in the league and had some starts for other teams. He should have spent a few years behind a good vet on a decent team.

Comment

• https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...T9LDtkrQftLYYk

PROJECTED TEAM
                                                      Green Bay
                                                      PROSPECT RNK
                                                      28th
                                                      POSITION RNK
                                                      3rd

Owusu-Koramoah is listed as a linebacker but you can find him all over the field -- and he may eventually end up at safety at the next level. He can come off the edge and has the athleticism, speed and change of direction to be an asset in coverage,
                                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Green BAy should be jumping through the roof if he falls to them.

Comment

• Colts have bigger needs, but I'd love to see JOK paired with Leonard. Move Leonard to MIKE and let JOK have WILL. Delicious...
                                                          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Man I really hope there's a combine this year. Would love to see how Wu tests

Comment

Green BAy should be jumping through the roof if he falls to them.
                                                              If he falls to Green Bay, I'll drop kick Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy.

Comment

• Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                                                                If he falls to Green Bay, I'll drop kick Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy.
                                                                Bears have so many problems, I wish he would be an answer, but we have bigger fish to fry

Comment

Bears have so many problems, I wish he would be an answer, but we have bigger fish to fry
                                                                  Very true, but you know they'll jack up the pick somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                                                                    Very true, but you know they'll jack up the pick somehow.
                                                                    All you had to do was listen to todays press conference.. Complete incompetence.

Comment

• I just don't see JOK falling outside the top 20, let alone to the 30s

Comment

• I’d like to me to see him step into Jenkins’ old position with the Eagles.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoIrish41 View Post
                                                                          I’d like to me to see him step into Jenkins’ old position with the Eagles.
                                                                          Eagles could take literally anyone. That roster is awful.
                                                                          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by #1rish View Post
                                                                            I just don't see JOK falling outside the top 20, let alone to the 30s
                                                                            I agree, as exciting as it is to imagine that scenario, I think someone will see his potential and jump on him before 20. Especially if he has a chance to compete at the combine, his stock will rise even more. Don't see him going to GB between 25-32.
                                                                            My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• I know most of you don't like the Cowboys, but I would love to see them draft Wu. They need safety/linebacker help bad, and it would be awesome to see him and Jaylon out there playing together. I see him being in the mold of a Darren Woodson or Roy Williams bringing some thump back to the secondary.
                                                                              Last edited by P_Rose; 01-15-2021, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by P_Rose View Post
                                                                                I know most of you don't like the Cowboys, but I would love to see them draft Wu. They need safety/linebacker help bad, and it would be awesome to see him and Jaylon out there playing together. I see him being in the mold of a Darren Woodson or Roy Williams bringing some thump back to the secondary.
                                                                                I love the Cowboys, and they need secondary help most with likely departures of 2cbs and 1 safety all from same draft class. JOK would be perfect at safety for them, BUT he is not being mentioned much because Cowboys never invest in safeties since Woodson left. Pipe dream he goes to Boys but I would love it if he did.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mock Draft 1.0<a href="https://t.co/AJpxtV3Mb1">https://t.co/AJpxtV3Mb1</a></p>&mdash; Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) <a href="https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1352678213537787904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1st Round - Pick 17
                                                                                  Las Vegas Raiders
                                                                                  Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah · LB
                                                                                  School: Notre Dame | Year: Junior (RS)

Owusu-Koramoah is a dynamic athlete at the second level of the defense. He can cover in the slot if needed and he's an excellent blitzer. The Raiders need to address the pass rush, too, and that could be an option here with this pick.
                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• whoever gets him is going to be very happy.

Comment

• When watching the SB the other day and seeing Lavonte David ball out in pass coverage I kept thinking how good it was gonna be for Jeremiah as so many GM's/HC's would have been watching and thinking how they need a Linebacker with his coverage skills. Went on twitter yesterday and then saw this which affirms what i think
                                                                                      <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Watching the impact Lavonte David and Devin White had last night, here are my top 5 LBs for the 2021 Draft.</p>&mdash; Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) <a href="https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1358922818302443523?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                      <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2. Notre Dame, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah<br><br>*6'1&quot;, 220 lbs / weakside attacker / versatile nickel defender / at home in space / zone and man coverage chops / big time agility <br><br>Comp: Lavonte David</p>&mdash; Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) <a href="https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1358922820101808135?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Apparently JOK has some medical concerns? Did y'all hear about this before?

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                                          Apparently JOK has some medical concerns? Did y'all hear about this before?
                                                                                          Where did you see this? I haven't seen or heard anything about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post

Where did you see this? I haven't seen or heard anything about this.

Comment

• Making sure he is human? What possible medical concern is there?

Comment

• There's gonna be a lot of teams kicking themselves later, much like with Jaylon's draft. He ended up being a big steal, and so will JOK.

Comment

• Wild.

Comment

• Man is gonna have a HUGE chip on his shoulder.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

Wild.
                                                                                                      How can all that be true and him still getting mocked that high
                                                                                                      Prehistoric

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X