Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'17 HI SDE Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '17 HI SDE Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa (Notre Dame Signee)

DT in college
    Kapolei, HI
    Kapolei HS

Measurements:
    Ht: 6-4
    Wt: 270

Rankings 1-4-17:
    247 Comp ...... 3 star ..... #47 SDE ..... #985 OA ....... .8436 rating
    247 ................ 3 star ..... #77 SDE ..... #1563 SDE ..... 82
    Rivals ............. 3 star ..... #39 DT ............................... 5.7
    Scout ............. 3 star ..... #131 DT
    ESPN ............. NR

Final Rankings:
    247 Comp ...... 3 star ..... #18 SDE ..... #473 OA ....... .8708 rating
    247 ................ 3 star ..... #10 SDE ..... #247 OA ....... 90
    Rivals ............. 3 star ..... #39 DT ............................. 5.7
    Scout ............. 3 star ..... #63 DT
    ESPN ............. 3 star ..... #45 DT

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    AF
    Arizona
    Army
    GT
    Hawaii
    Oregon
    Oregon St
    UNLV
    USC
    Utah St
    Vandy
    UVa
    Wash St

Media Links:

https://twitter.com/myraaann?lang=en

https://www.hudl.com/profile/2937327...govailoa-amosa

Highlights:

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/2937327/582aa515bd75200df8207088' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by BobbyMac; 10-30-2017, 11:12 PM.

Decent offer list.

Comment

Not bad. Looks a bit slower than many other recruits, but he seems to have some good moves, strength, and instincts. Not a bad offer, but also probably a kid who needs to red shirt and develop.
      Seems like this has Polian's fingerprints all over it and he is going to his comfort spot.
      Just cover, baby

Comment

Actually I'm surprised that there is an UNLV offer, but not a Nevada offer. hmmm.
        Just cover, baby

Comment

Very good DE. Strong at the point of attack. Decent motor. Great team leader. Humble leads by example. Football family. Grades higher than Kona Schwenke

Comment

Originally posted by HawaiianIrish View Post
            Very good DE. Strong at the point of attack. Decent motor. Great team leader. Humble leads by example. Football family. Grades higher than Kona Schwenke
            Your to do list.

- Get bag.

- Get money

- Fill bag with money

- Drop off bag.

- Or take him to Taco Tuesday at Del Taco. (Bag may be cheaper.)

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
              Your to do list.

- Get bag.

- Get money

- Fill bag with money

- Drop off bag.

I know you're being facetious, but if we ever got to a point where we needed a bag man to win a 3-star recruit, I'd puke.

Comment

Your to do list.

- Get bag.

- Get money

- Fill bag with money

- Drop off bag.

hahaha while I'm at it I should drop off a "bag' to his cousin Tua Tagovailoa who is one of the top dual threat QB's in the nation (Bama Verbal)

Comment

If he wants to come, I'd find it hard to ever turn down a big Hawaiian kid on the defensive line, especially with the shape recruiting is in at that position. If nothing else, he'll probably grow to be an even bigger dude than he is now.

Comment

Originally posted by koonja View Post
                    I know you're being facetious, but if we ever got to a point where we needed a bag man to win a 3-star recruit, I'd puke.
                    Chip Kelly did it for 3 star Lamichael James, and won a shit ton of games because of it. Again, its in the eye of the beholder. If you believe the kid is that important to your program, why the F does it matter what the services think?

Not saying this relates directly to Myron, but the point remains.

Comment

hahaha while I'm at it I should drop off a "bag' to his cousin Tua Tagovailoa who is one of the top dual threat QB's in the nation (Bama Verbal)
                      Like Tua needs anymore bags. He's got Oregon and SC bags he hasn't even opened yet. Bama must have wanted his pretty badly if they out bagged Uncle Phil and the Trojans.

But since Tua would never play at ND, stick to Myron.

Comment

While we're on the subject of bagmen, here's Alabama's 5* Juco DL commit. I checked today, and it looks like he removed the tweet. I wonder why...

Comment

Originally posted by IrishFanForever23 View Post
                          While we're on the subject of bagmen, here's Alabama's 5* Juco DL commit. I checked today, and it looks like he removed the tweet. I wonder why...

All it took was a Dodge Charger?? Somewhere Eric DICKERSON is shaking his head......

Comment

Reps for that comment
                            I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

Polian and him are following each other on Twitter. Let's get this kid, red shirt him, feed him, lock him in the gym and turn him into a MONSTER Polynesian SDE!! I love this idea.

Comment

if he's 270 and Polynesian in HS by the time he's a senior he could be a 320 lb nose tackle
                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a> offer for Hawaiian DE Myron Tagovailoa, who visits Navy and Vandy later this month. Deciding between ND and Oregon for last trip. <a href="https://t.co/8i7980F2bK">pic.twitter.com/8i7980F2bK</a></p>&mdash; Blair Angulo (@bangulo) <a href="https://twitter.com/bangulo/status/816765772701650944">January 4, 2017</a></blockquote>
                                  <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

His film is intriguing. Has some moves. Good use of hands. Certainly looks his advertised size and beats very good sized OL with bull rush and speed around the edge. Uses his hands to engage then shed and closes well but also has a decent back spin move he uses when he lines up inside as well as outside. I really like him at SDE and he could certainly grow into a decent DT. I'd take him. Hopefully he visits and isn't scared off by the cold.

Comment

If he turns into Kona, I would take 4 of him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Things starting to heat up. Per the uncle the family is super stoked and honored about the ND offer. Says the education and faith based school are strong selling points. GO IRISH

Comment

Things starting to heat up. Per the uncle the family is super stoked and honored about the ND offer. Says the education and faith based school are strong selling points. GO IRISH
                                          wiltfong put his cb in for him to usc....because that's the feeling RIGHT NOW but obviously IF he makes it as he has indicated that can change...thanks for the info
                                          EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                            Dont recall Kona being significant

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman Ray View Post
                                              He played a pretty significant role his last two seasons, and he was one of our most stout DL in a two year span that showcased a pretty great defensive line.
                                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Having Kona for 2014 would've resulted in at least 1 more win. Kid became a really good contributor

Comment

Don't want to be a killjoy, but I'll temper my enthusiasm for the moment. When I see the bat signal go up, I'll get excited.

Comment

Cracks me up how people say stuff like that about a player like Kona. He was a really solid contributor down the stretch of his career. Not everybody that matters sets sack or rushing records. Ultimate team sport and guys like Kona Schwenke, Matthias Farley, etc. matter a lot. I hope we have some of those type guys ready for next year.....sorry for the rant, the negativity around here lately (while I understand some is warranted) is wearing me out.

Ohhhh, and I hope we get this kid!
                                                    My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

Originally posted by fitz_bu47 View Post
                                                      Cracks me up how people say stuff like that about a player like Kona. He was a really solid contributor down the stretch of his career. Not everybody that matters sets sack or rushing records. Ultimate team sport and guys like Kona Schwenke, Matthias Farley, etc. matter a lot. I hope we have some of those type guys ready for next year.....sorry for the rant, the negativity around here lately (while I understand some is warranted) is wearing me out.

What are you doing online? You were supposed to be over at Bishop Miege dropping off Jafar Armstrong's bags at lunch!

Comment

Loy is expecting polian to head to the island to visit him... He may have been there before
                                                        Forecasting Notre Dame’s final sprint toward Signing Day

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                          Originally posted by Wingman Ray View Post
                                                          You are insufferable at times...

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                          He played a pretty significant role his last two seasons, and he was one of our most stout DL in a two year span that showcased a pretty great defensive line.
                                                          Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                          Having Kona for 2014 would've resulted in at least 1 more win. Kid became a really good contributor
                                                          Originally posted by fitz_bu47 View Post

Thank you Beau, Zelezo and fitz. Reps for you all.

Comment

Kona was another situation, like Romeo, where there was absolutely no reason to play him his freshman season. He could've been Kap II in 2014 and that would've made a major difference. Dude was 6'4 300~ and stout in the middle once he learned to play with his new weight.
                                                            It's Just a Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post
                                                              Kona was another situation, like Romeo, where there was absolutely no reason to play him his freshman season. He could've been Kap II in 2014 and that would've made a major difference. Dude was 6'4 300~ and stout in the middle once he learned to play with his new weight.
                                                              I hear what you are saying and agree with it.

But remember Kona was being red shirted his sophomore year, until there was a few DL injuries and Mr. Tuitt decided to sleep in and miss a class. Thus, the coaches had to reluctantly play Kona when they were trying to red shirt him.

Comment

But remember Kona was being red shirted his sophomore year, until there was a few DL injuries and Mr. Tuitt decided to sleep in and miss a class. Thus, the coaches had to reluctantly play Kona when they were trying to red shirt him.
                                                                I guess, but doesn't excuse the fact they burned his redshirt at the end of the 2010 season. He wasn't anywhere near the weight necessary to play as a 3-4 lineman.
                                                                It's Just a Ride.

Comment

He played in an easy win over a Purdue, to teach Tuitt a lesson. It was a dumb move.

Comment

USC feels good about him landing in the class

Comment

Up to #247 on 247
                                                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After the Polynesian Bowl this weekend, three-star DL Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa will take three official visits: <a href="https://t.co/zTu84kCgJ9">https://t.co/zTu84kCgJ9</a> <a href="https://t.co/a5w4Uf9LHA">pic.twitter.com/a5w4Uf9LHA</a></p>&mdash; Blair Angulo (@bangulo) <a href="https://twitter.com/bangulo/status/822136803515740161">January 19, 2017</a></blockquote>
                                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After the Polynesian Bowl this weekend, three-star DL Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa will take three official visits: <a href="https://t.co/zTu84kCgJ9">https://t.co/zTu84kCgJ9</a> <a href="https://t.co/a5w4Uf9LHA">pic.twitter.com/a5w4Uf9LHA</a></p>&mdash; Blair Angulo (@bangulo) <a href="https://twitter.com/bangulo/status/822136803515740161">January 19, 2017</a></blockquote>
                                                                          Vandy, ND and Navy. Good grouping for an ND target. Screams RKG.

But the headline also talks about his SC interest first.

(This is all visible to the public when you click so no protected secrets were revealed)

Comment

His brother is an offensive tackle at Navy btw
                                                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #40
                                                                              Per Power Hour, his brother goes to Navy. Man it would suck to face him every year.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                everywhere seems to think usc is the team to beat still

Comment

• #42
                                                                                  Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                  Based on the video, he doesn't sound like a definite for USC

Comment

• #43
                                                                                    Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                                                    If SC is still in the market.

They have 3 DE's committed, 2 of which are big SDE's like Amosa, they have another Hawaiian SDE they co-lead with plus they're in play for Pili at DT too.

I don't know their roster well enough to guess.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                      Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                                                      I'm not feeling it, but maybe this turns out to be another Manti recruitment.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                        If SC is still in the market.

They have 3 DE's committed, 2 of which are big SDE's like Amosa, they have another Hawaiian SDE they co-lead with plus they're in play for Pili at DT too.

I don't know their roster well enough to guess.
                                                                                        According to the Peristyle Podcast, SC is looking at one more DT and is still after Jay Tuefele and Aubrey Soloman... and potentially Marvin Wilson could visit as well.

They are also still in it for Marlon Tuipulotu who is a Washington commit.

Amosa sounds like a DE/3 technique and it sounds like they are looking for more of a 1 tech.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                          Originally posted by BoredIrish View Post
                                                                                          According to the Peristyle Podcast, SC is looking at one more DT and is still after Jay Tuefele and Aubrey Soloman... and potentially Marvin Wilson could visit as well.

They are also still in it for Marlon Tuipulotu who is a Washington commit.

Amosa sounds like a DE/3 technique and it sounds like they are looking for more of a 1 tech.
                                                                                          I know they're SC and all but they have next to no chance of landing any of those 4... IMO of course.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                            I know they're SC and all but they have next to no chance of landing any of those 4... IMO of course.
                                                                                            I dont think they do either... but hopefully while they are chasing after the 5 stars, ND can sneak one out from under their noses.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                              Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                                              Per Power Hour, his brother goes to Navy. Man it would suck to face him every year.
                                                                                              Would suck even harder if he were at USC.
                                                                                              Also, not to neg recruit Navy, but if you go there you then have to spend five years in the Navy. It's not an LOI to sign lightly (though if his brother goes there I assume he gets that).

Along with the safety from San Diego and maybe Yeast, this guy is my #1 realistic want left in the board.
                                                                                              Last edited by stlnd01; 01-19-2017, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                247 reporting on his timeline that he will OV ND on Jan. 26th and then Vandy on the 27th. Interesting.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                  ND unsure of where they stand with him currently. They're hoping to impress him while he's on his visit. Most think USC would still take him.
                                                                                                  http://irishsportsdaily.com/forums/1/topics/2688

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X