Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'17 FL OT Robert Hainsey (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '17 FL OT Robert Hainsey (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

    OG / OT
    Monroeville, PA
    IMG Academy
    Bradenton, FL


    Measurements:
    6-4
    275 lbs

    Rankings:

    247 Comp: ..... 4* ..... #4 OG ...... #86 OA ....... .9600 rating
    247: ............... 4* ..... #8 OG ...... #135 OA ...... 94
    Rivals: ............ 4* ..... #11 OT ..... #108 OA ...... 5.9
    Scout: ............ 4* ..... #14 OT ...... #129 OA
    ESPN: ............. 4* ..... #1 OG ....... #31 OA ........ 86

    Offers:
    Notre Dame......................... Committed - 7/16/16
    Auburn
    BC
    Duke
    Florida
    Louisville
    LSU
    Maryland
    Miami F
    Michigan
    Mich St
    Miss St
    Mizzou
    Nebraska
    N Carolina
    Ohio St
    Penn St
    Pitt
    S Carolina
    Temple
    Tennessee
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech
    West Virginia

    Media Links:

    Twiter = r_hainsey56

    Robert Hainsey - Hudl

    Highlights:

    <iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/5530187/57d59bf211fa7f75d8ee1707' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

    <iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/5530187/highlights/297586381' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by BobbyMac; 11-21-2018, 12:25 PM.

  • #2
    Since the start of the year, Hainsey has been the Top Lineman at the Under Armour Future 50 Camp (over #1 OA by some, Isaiah Wilson) and at The Opening Regional this weekend in Orlando. Received an invitation to The Opening today also. He's a perfect candidate, like Alijah Vera-Tucker for a swing lineman. Scout has him as the #1 OG in the country.

    His name and ND have long been linked when he was still in the Pittsburgh area. Recently he expressed interest to Scout or ISD in a piece and the following is taken from a Rivals recap of the UA camp by Josh Helmholdt:

    Recruiting Wrap: Hainsey is open, with Clemson, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame and Penn State among his favorites.

    Performance: Hainsey was the surprise star of the offensive line group. The 6-foot-5, 272-pounder is not the first player you would pick out coming off the bus, but he was unquestionably the most effective in one-on-ones against the defensive linemen. Hainsey has an excellent initial punch, locks out well and does a great job resetting his hands. There is definitely room for physical growth, but his technique and mental approach are ahead of the curve.
    Even though he has been in contact for a long time, he has recently followed more ND related people on Twitter.

    .
    Last edited by BobbyMac; 02-22-2016, 06:54 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      If ND is interested, I could see it from his versatility alone!

      Kid has smarts, and athleticism!
      Last edited by Bogtrotter07; 02-22-2016, 07:06 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Urban has been raining on IMG kids lately, he's creating a sick pipeline down there.
        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

        Comment


        • #6
          Looks like he could stand to add quite a bit of muscle if that is him in the pic.
          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
            Looks like he could stand to add quite a bit of muscle if that is him in the pic.
            Yeah, looks like a very lean 275# if that is correct

            Comment


            • #8


              I don't know what picture you are talking about, but he is listed in a lot of places as 6'4" and 260 lbs.

              Robert Hainsey - Hudl
              Last edited by Bogtrotter07; 03-01-2016, 05:52 PM.

              Comment


              • #9
                Visiting for Spring Game.

                Comment


                • #10
                  Bet he ends up comitting to
                  ohio state before visiting us

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by IrishFanJMercy View Post
                    Bet he ends up comitting to
                    ohio state before visiting us
                    bet he commits to OSU before visiting OSU......

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      "An offer would mean a lot," said the class of 2017 recruit. "I have been working hard for it. One of the few I don't have from a school I would really consider attending."

                      "I love their history and they are known for producing linemen," said Hainsey. "I feel I can excel in football and academics there and it would be a really good fit if I chose to go there."

                      "I like him," Hainsey mentioned when asked about his thoughts on Hiestand. "I'm looking forward to meeting him and getting to know him better."
                      247
                      EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Visiting tomorrow
                        If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by Kaneyoufeelit View Post
                          Visiting tomorrow
                          Another Pittsburgh area guy. Could the trend continue?

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            I'm all for getting the IMG fellas.
                            I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

                            Comment


                            • #16
                              Scout: arrives tomorrow with his dad. Staying for the night and optimistic he'll get an offer

                              Comment


                              • #17
                                I'll throw a CB at him. I remember an article that was very pro ND when he was a sophomore I think.

                                Has been tearing up the camp circuits... Got Open, Rivals MVP. Add to that a lot of Western Pa action going on right now. He projects as good swing candidate although he is a guy who might be a starter down the road at tackle even though he's not the typical elite height ND has been landing.

                                Plus he's only gonna get better this season working at LT at the daily All American Camp & Combine that is IMG.

                                Comment


                                • #18
                                  Was supposed to visit for the spring game and is now visiting tomorrow? Trains a rollinnnnnn....

                                  Comment


                                  • #19
                                    Here is his updated rantings: Borderline elite. Has really shot up the charts in the last month. For a potential swing O lineman, I think I'd take him over Wills. Hope the Western Pennsylvannia & South Shore RR is still running tomorrow.

                                    247 Comp: ..... ..... #3 OG ...... #69 OA ..... .9663 rating

                                    247: .............. ..... #3 OG ...... #104 OA ...... 94 rating
                                    Rivals: ........... ......#8 OT .......#56 OA ........ 5.9 rating
                                    Scout: ........... ..... #14 OT ..... #102 OA
                                    ESPN: ............ .....#1 OG ....... #78 OA ........ 83 rating

                                    Comment


                                    • #20
                                      If we land him PSU fans might all kill themselves

                                      Comment


                                      • #21
                                        Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                        If we land him PSU fans might all kill themselves
                                        Not even trying to be mean, but you'd think they'd be used to it by now.

                                        Funnier than you in 2012.

                                        Comment


                                        • #22
                                          Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                          If we land him PSU fans might all kill themselves
                                          Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                          Not even trying to be mean, but you'd think they'd be used to it by now.
                                          i think they know that if ND comes after their recruiting targets then they won't win. they'll enjoy their recruiting victories over Pitt, Rutgers and Maryland though!
                                          What did Davonte do?

                                          Comment


                                          • #23
                                            Originally posted by FWIrish4 View Post
                                            Was supposed to visit for the spring game and is now visiting tomorrow? Trains a rollinnnnnn....
                                            That makes me think he may commit. Especially since we just picked up a couple of studs out of PA. He may see all of the commits the last few days and figures something special might be going on?

                                            Comment


                                            • #24
                                              We can only hope.

                                              Comment


                                              • #25
                                                So, the the rumored number of o-linemen the staff is taking this cycle is 5. We currently have two in the fold in Josh Lugg and Dillon Gibbons. Tyler Beach was offered over the weekend and some think he will be Irish, Foster Sarell is a 5 talent and is visiting soon, and some think Robert Hainsey will be offered during his visit and could commit on the spot.

                                                I will never question an offer to an o-lineman as long as HH is the position coach. So if HH wants Beach and Hainsey then I want him on the team too. But my question is, what happens if Austin Jackson, Trey Smith, Jedrick Wills, or Wyatt Davis wants in and we already have our 5? Because it is a possibility that we could have 5 o-line commits by June

                                                Comment


                                                • #26
                                                  Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                  So, the the rumored number of o-linemen the staff is taking this cycle is 5. We currently have two in the fold in Josh Lugg and Dillon Gibbons. Tyler Beach was offered over the weekend and some think he will be Irish, Foster Sarell is a 5 talent and is visiting soon, and some think Robert Hainsey will be offered during his visit and could commit on the spot.

                                                  I will never question an offer to an o-lineman as long as HH is the position coach. So if HH wants Beach and Hainsey then I want him on the team too. But my question is, what happens if Austin Jackson, Trey Smith, Jedrick Wills, or Wyatt Davis wants in and we already have our 5? Because it is a possibility that we could have 5 o-line commits by June
                                                  To me, when the earlier-committers are this good, bird in hand. We hear every year how serious all these elite players are about ND, and we end up getting like 3 total a year, much less all at the same position.

                                                  My theory is, Sophomores and Juniors pump up offers much more than seniors do, because the attention is new to them and more flattering. So it seems nearly everyone is excited about ND because we pay attention to ND.

                                                  Once OSU comes calling, they'll be just as excited, if not more and actually make an effort to visit.

                                                  Our dream scenarios never pay off and I think it's partially because of this theory, where ND offers and we hear all of this sunshine from the recruit, and think we're a serious contender. When in all reality, once the football schools come around, we have about 10% chance at best.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #27
                                                    Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                    So, the the rumored number of o-linemen the staff is taking this cycle is 5. We currently have two in the fold in Josh Lugg and Dillon Gibbons. Tyler Beach was offered over the weekend and some think he will be Irish, Foster Sarell is a 5 talent and is visiting soon, and some think Robert Hainsey will be offered during his visit and could commit on the spot.

                                                    I will never question an offer to an o-lineman as long as HH is the position coach. So if HH wants Beach and Hainsey then I want him on the team too. But my question is, what happens if Austin Jackson, Trey Smith, Jedrick Wills, or Wyatt Davis wants in and we already have our 5? Because it is a possibility that we could have 5 o-line commits by June
                                                    Just hope that Foster Sarell is part of the 5 because if he is, no one will really care about who gets left out though I would love Wills at OG's down the line.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #28
                                                      Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                      Just hope that Foster Sarell is part of the 5 because if he is, no one will really care about who gets left out though I would love Wills at OG's down the line.
                                                      Honestly, if Sarell committed and was in this in this class he would be the biggest luxury commit in the entire class. We just signed two elite offensive tackles in the 2016 class so chances are the kids in the 2017 class will be waiting, at a minimum, 2 years to see the field. Thats the blessing of o-line recruiting for Notre Dame right now; they just have studs waiting their turn and it doesn't look like that is going to change anytime soon.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #29
                                                        Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                        Honestly, if Sarell committed and was in this in this class he would be the biggest luxury commit in the entire class. We just signed two elite offensive tackles in the 2016 class so chances are the kids in the 2017 class will be waiting, at a minimum, 2 years to see the field. Thats the blessing of o-line recruiting for Notre Dame right now; they just have studs waiting their turn and it doesn't look like that is going to change anytime soon.
                                                        Sarell would start in '19. McG and Bars will be gone by then and no one but Kraemer possibly would keep him out of left tackle. Sarell and Kraemer could be the next Joeckel and Matthews.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #30
                                                          I'd gladly take Hainsey's commitment should he want to give it this week. I'd also take Beach as soon as he'd like to give it. Then play the long game for Smith, Sarrell, etc. I realize that we are in it for quite a few of these other OL but there are other fanbases that also feel pretty good about their chances. Willis is giving a lot of attention to Kentucky. Sarrell should be considered a Stanford lean until his visit. Trey Smith has visited some really big time programs so we can't just assume we'll get him. Davis has called Bama his leader. Etc.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #31
                                                            Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                            So, the the rumored number of o-linemen the staff is taking this cycle is 5. We currently have two in the fold in Josh Lugg and Dillon Gibbons. Tyler Beach was offered over the weekend and some think he will be Irish, Foster Sarell is a 5 talent and is visiting soon, and some think Robert Hainsey will be offered during his visit and could commit on the spot.

                                                            I will never question an offer to an o-lineman as long as HH is the position coach. So if HH wants Beach and Hainsey then I want him on the team too. But my question is, what happens if Austin Jackson, Trey Smith, Jedrick Wills, or Wyatt Davis wants in and we already have our 5? Because it is a possibility that we could have 5 o-line commits by June
                                                            I've seen a lot of positive things but nothing close to this. Can you share where you read this? This would be fantastic
                                                            If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #32
                                                              Originally posted by Kaneyoufeelit View Post
                                                              I've seen a lot of positive things but nothing close to this. Can you share where you read this? This would be fantastic
                                                              Its really just speculation. He was supposed to visit for the spring game but he moved up his visit to today. So that has to be a positive development for Notre Dame as you could think that he is moving up his visit so he can secure a spot ASAP. And the track record of HH plays an advantage for Notre Dame as well; he usually gets who he wants.

                                                              Why move up your visit a few weeks? Unless he is taking the SAT or has something else going on the weekend of the spring game, I cannot think of many reasons why he would not only move up his visit, but he is visiting on a Tuesday.

                                                              Sorry if I got your hopes up, but a kid must be really interested in Notre Dame if he is taking a mid-week visit on his own dime.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #33
                                                                tj at II commented Harry wants 5 OL, 2 pure OT, a swing guy, 1 interior then best after that. There are two OL in particular Harry really wants but tj did not say who.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #34
                                                                  Originally posted by Big23Head View Post
                                                                  tj at II commented Harry wants 5 OL, 2 pure OT, a swing guy, 1 interior then best after that. There are two OL in particular Harry really wants but tj did not say who.
                                                                  I hadn't heard any speculation on the breakdown so this is very encouraging. You can argue and debate on who's the best, what position they will or should play but one thing that cannot be argued is Hainsey on paper is the most versatile guy in this class.

                                                                  247 Comp: ..... ..... #3 OG ...... #69 OA ..... .9663 rating

                                                                  247: .............. ..... #3 OG ...... #104 OA ...... 94 rating
                                                                  Rivals: ........... ......#8 OT .......#56 OA ........ 5.9 rating
                                                                  Scout: ........... ...... #14 OT .... #102 OA
                                                                  ESPN: ............ ......#1 OG ...... #78 OA ........ 83 rating

                                                                  I'd like to see him take the swing position and let HH go find a 6-4, 325lb road grader at guard. I see Wills as that guy but maybe he is set on playing LT? Personally, I'd probably have to fail at LT before moving inside. I don't know if HH could talk me out of my dream when I could go to UK or many other P5 schools and start at tackle my 2nd or 3rd year like Wills is looking at. Eventually this loaded roster will drive away very good players who want to play early and not risk getting lost in the shuffle. That's not a good or bad thing, it's just a reality.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #35
                                                                    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                    I hadn't heard any speculation on the breakdown so this is very encouraging. You can argue and debate on who's the best, what position they will or should play but one thing that cannot be argued is Hainsey on paper is the most versatile guy in this class.

                                                                    247 Comp: ..... ..... #3 OG ...... #69 OA ..... .9663 rating

                                                                    247: .............. ..... #3 OG ...... #104 OA ...... 94 rating
                                                                    Rivals: ........... ......#8 OT .......#56 OA ........ 5.9 rating
                                                                    Scout: ........... ...... #14 OT .... #102 OA
                                                                    ESPN: ............ ......#1 OG ...... #78 OA ........ 83 rating

                                                                    I'd like to see him take the swing position and let HH go find a 6-4, 325lb road grader at guard. I see Wills as that guy but maybe he is set on playing LT? Personally, I'd probably have to fail at LT before moving inside. I don't know if HH could talk me out of my dream when I could go to UK or many other P5 schools and start at tackle my 2nd or 3rd year like Wills is looking at. Eventually this loaded roster will drive away very good players who want to play early and not risk getting lost in the shuffle. That's not a good or bad thing, it's just a reality.
                                                                    Dillon Gibbons might already be that guy. I would guess Willis is one of the two guys Harry really wants

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #36
                                                                      ND offered.
                                                                      This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #37
                                                                        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Blessed to receive an offer from the University of Notre Dame! �� <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/IRISHEL17E?src=hash">#IRISHEL17E</a> <a href="https://t.co/8TF1c4Xsid">pic.twitter.com/8TF1c4Xsid</a></p>&mdash; Robert Hainsey5️⃣6️⃣ (@RH56__) <a href="https://twitter.com/RH56__/status/712447520098549761">March 23, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                        This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #38
                                                                          Ironman or Lucky have any projections here as far as committing?

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #39
                                                                            Originally posted by Rizzophil View Post
                                                                            Ironman or Lucky have any projections here as far as committing?
                                                                            Not sure on timeline but he is roommates with Tony Jones at IMG per Matt Freeman at ISD.
                                                                            This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #40
                                                                              Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                              Not sure on timeline but he is roommates with Tony Jones at IMG per Matt Freeman at ISD.

                                                                              😯


                                                                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                                              If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #41
                                                                                Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                                Not sure on timeline but he is roommates with Tony Jones at IMG per Matt Freeman at ISD.
                                                                                Money in the bank
                                                                                Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #42
                                                                                  Wondering how his name got butchered in the title. Did I miss something? Is this an inside joke?

                                                                                  Edit: Guessing Ironman just screwed up when he was offering (Offer) to the title. Accidentally changed his last name to Gainsay instead of Hainsey. Autocorrect perhaps?
                                                                                  Last edited by BeauBenken; 03-22-2016, 10:19 PM.
                                                                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #43
                                                                                    I suppose I stand alone but I'd rather have Hainsey opposed to Beach and if Hainsey were to commit this weekend, I'd put the Beach deal on hold.

                                                                                    Lugg, Gibbons, and Hainsey is a great start to this OL class. I'd just like to see where we stand after Sarell and Smith visit this summer.

                                                                                    Beach is very stiff in watching his film IMO, I really don't understand the McG comparison. Outside of being tall, they're not very similar. Obviously just my opinion from watching film.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #44
                                                                                      Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                                                                      I suppose I stand alone but I'd rather have Hainsey opposed to Beach and if Hainsey were to commit this weekend, I'd put the Beach deal on hold.

                                                                                      Lugg, Gibbons, and Hainsey is a great start to this OL class. I'd just like to see where we stand after Sarell and Smith visit this summer.

                                                                                      Beach is very stiff in watching his film IMO, I really don't understand the McG comparison. Outside of being tall, they're not very similar. Obviously just my opinion from watching film.
                                                                                      He's more like Elmer, a tall dude who bends at the waist rather than his knees. He's a jumbo guard just like Elmer was I'd say. I don't think he's athletic enough to be a tackle.
                                                                                      What did Davonte do?

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #45
                                                                                        the thing I love about the way Coach Hiestand recruits is he seems to be very upfront with all of his guys. I think they all leave knowing what to expect, where they stand in regards to his board, and knowing if they want on the train when is the right time to do it.

                                                                                        We would be in serious trouble if he left for whatever reason.
                                                                                        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #46
                                                                                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stay tuned this week.....</p>&mdash; Robert Hainsey5️⃣6️⃣ (@RH56__) <a href="https://twitter.com/RH56__/status/712754447278030853">March 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
                                                                                          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #47
                                                                                            I wonder if (hope) this is recruiting related.
                                                                                            This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #48
                                                                                              ahhhhhhhh shit

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #49
                                                                                                Over at II, tj made the comment Hainsey is close with Tony Jones Jr and another PA commit. Looks like Spencer Perry is a friend as well

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #50
                                                                                                  We already jumped into the top 5 for recruiting class after this weekend. Let's keep the train going.
                                                                                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                                                  Comment

                                                                                                  Adsense

                                                                                                  Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X