Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'17 MI LB/RB Antjuan Simmons (Michigan State Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '17 MI LB/RB Antjuan Simmons (Michigan State Verbal)

Linebacker/Runningback
    Pioneer
    Ann Arbor, MI

Ht 6-1
    Wt 205

Rankings
    247:N/A
    Rivals:N/A
    Scout:
    ESPN:N/A
    247Composite: #27 OLB/ #9MI/ #342 Overall

Offers
    Notre Dame
    Ohio State
    Illinois
    Akron
    Bowling Green
    Buffalo
    Central Michigan
    Eastern Michigan
    Miami (OH)
    Toledo
    Western Michigan

Interest
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    Minnesota
    Tennessee
    Vanderbilt
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 01-14-2017, 01:54 PM. Reason: De-committed from Ohio State

Visiting this weekend. CB's from Loy and Wiltfong

Comment

He already has an offer? The coaches must've seen something they really liked.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
        He already has an offer? The coaches must've seen something they really liked.
        he camped in the summer here...msu is the threat at this point
        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

RB or LB?

I trust the staff, but given his mid level offers, I wonder what the coaches saw in him?

Comment

Here's his midseason highlights.

Antjuan Simmons Midseason highlights - Antjuan Simmons highlights

Kid flies around and hits big. I'd gladly take an early commit from him. There is no way this kid stays unranked after people see him this season.

Comment

Isn't this the high school literally across the street from Michigan Stadium?

Comment

"Everything! Academics are great! Football program is thriving right now and it looks like nothing will change for a while and the coaches. I got a strong relationship with the coaches."

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                  Then I guess we'll have to lock him up early, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                    RB or LB?

I trust the staff, but given his mid level offers, I wonder what the coaches saw in him?
                    being only a junior it's possible he just hasn't got enough film/camp visits to bump up rankings and offers.
                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

great made up name.

Comment

Looks really nice. If he struggles adding weight, I could see him playing a similar role to what Tranquil has thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                          Indeed.

It's an ENORMOUS high school. Surprised they don't crank more talent honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by luckoftheirish11 View Post
                            Indeed.

It's an ENORMOUS high school. Surprised they don't crank more talent honestly.
                            yup, Skyline (the school Daelin Hayes goes to) was established in 2008 because Pioneer and nearby Huron High Schools were so overcrowded.

Pioneer are undefeated this year and are 4-0. They got Saline HS in a few weeks which should be a great matchup
                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

Recruiting: In-state prospects see U-M defeat UNLV

Several players from nearby Ann Arbor Pioneer made the trip, including 2017 athlete Antjuan Simmons. The 6-1, 200-pounder has excelled on both sides of the ball this fall, and could be a candidate for a Michigan offer down the road. Previously plying his trade primarily as a running back, he’s been most impressive as an outside linebacker for Pioneer in 2015.

Simmons spoke with running backs coach Tyrone Wheatley (whose son, Terius, is Simmons’ teammate at Pioneer) and recruiting coordinator Erik Campbell while in town. He’s made several past visits to Ann Arbor, including for the Wolverines’ annual “Barbecue at the Big House” recruiting event in early August, and is building a rapport with the Michigan staff.
                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

"The coaching staff, the players, all around it was amazing," he said. "The fan base, just everything from the tour guide to the fans, it was just crazy.

"I only got a small taste of it," Simmons added regarding a Notre Dame football experience. "I haven't seen what it's like in a rivalry game under the lights. I can't even imagine what that's like. I have to come back down to see it."

Comment

sounds like he might be returning for USC with that last statement.
                                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by IrishinSTL View Post
                                    Looks really nice. If he struggles adding weight, I could see him playing a similar role to what Tranquil has thus far.
                                    Is it just me, or is every recruit being compared to Tranquill lately? lol

Comment

Is it just me, or is every recruit being compared to Tranquill lately? lol
                                      Dru is becoming our Percy Harvin?
                                      Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

Ohio state offered. Meyer must have read his quotes on his ND visit.

Comment

RB or LB?

It's still extremely early in the 2017 process.

Sent via tapatalk

Comment

He reminds me more of Coney than Drew.

Sent via tapatalk

Comment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EjhIXApx1t4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

visiting osu this weekend

Comment

BK and gilmore visiting him today

Comment

Simmon's is one of the hotter prospects recently when he received 10 additional offers in about a 3 week time period. These are the teams that have offered since the first post was last updated.

Wisconsin
                                                    LSU
                                                    Penn State
                                                    Tennessee
                                                    Vanderbilt
                                                    Kentucky
                                                    Virginia
                                                    Arizona St.
                                                    Michigan St.
                                                    Washington

Visited the Wolverines last week, but no offer yet. Wants to major in Kinesiology.

Comment

He's got an offer from 19th ranked Toledo.

This tells me all I need to know about the kid.

WANT!

Go Rockets!!!

:)
                                                      I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                                        He's got an offer from 19th ranked Toledo.

This tells me all I need to know about the kid.

WANT!

Go Rockets!!!

:)
                                                        Oh God Bogs is going to go HAM again.

Comment

Strange that he doesn't have an offer from Michigan yet. Pioneer High is literally kitty corner to Michigan Stadium..

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                                            Simmon's is one of the hotter prospects recently when he received 10 additional offers in about a 3 week time period. These are the teams that have offered since the first post was last updated.

Wisconsin
                                                            LSU
                                                            Penn State
                                                            Tennessee
                                                            Vanderbilt
                                                            Kentucky
                                                            Virginia
                                                            Arizona St.
                                                            Michigan St.
                                                            Washington

Visited the Wolverines last week, but no offer yet. Wants to major in Kinesiology.

Comment

OSU offered when Liar stopped by his school today

Comment

Kid was named Defensive player in the year in Michigan by some services, his star is definitely rising fast
                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

The D Zone: Camp Pride 2016 Offense Report: Top Performers

Our Co-Camp Pride MVP's were Ann Arbor Pioneer 2017 RB/LB Antjuan Simmons and Orchard Lake Saint Mary's 2017 WR/CB Kahlee Hamler.

It was a relatively short and sweet performance by Ann Arbor Pioneer 2017 RB/LB Antjuan Simmons, who worked out at RB in position drills and 1 on 1's. Simmons with a Class of 2017 high, 34 offers was the last person with something to prove on Saturday, but he showed up and touched up on his skills. Simmons is so quick and fluid in all his movements and with a frame that is filling up nicely for a high school Junior, the physical tools are there too. Simmons performed at RB in 1 on 1's and on most every drill was wide open on his routes.
                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

I like Hamler as well.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2017 MI ATH Antjuan Simmons will visit <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a> for Junior Day on January 23rd. <a href="https://t.co/zuT0jOvj8T">https://t.co/zuT0jOvj8T</a> <a href="https://t.co/DsGrbTMo37">pic.twitter.com/DsGrbTMo37</a></p>&mdash; Matt Freeman (@mattfreemanISD) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattfreemanISD/status/686308139155763201">January 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
                                                                      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                        I like Hamler as well.
                                                                        he is so fast and so electric with the ball in his hands. Sounds like he's all Oregon and if they offer he'll jump on it.

Comment

cutting his list to 11 next monday

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                                            These go to 11?

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                              Kid was named Defensive player in the year in Michigan by some services, his star is definitely rising fast
                                                                              only knock on him is his size. If he was 6'3, 225-230, he's a 5* player, because his tape and his play on the field are scary good. If he was Dalein Hayes size, forget about it.

Hard to predict or project a 6'0, 200 pound guy as a future college LB. Fortunately he's got a lot of time to grow.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by TomHaverford View Post
                                                                                only knock on him is his size. If he was 6'3, 225-230, he's a 5* player, because his tape and his play on the field are scary good. If he was Dalein Hayes size, forget about it.

Hard to predict or project a 6'0, 200 pound guy as a future college LB. Fortunately he's got a lot of time to grow.
                                                                                Denzel Perryman comes to mind - that kid was a beast.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                                                  These go to 11?
                                                                                  Why not just make it ten?

... But it goes to eleven.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                                                    Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                                                    These go to 11?
                                                                                    Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

It could have been top 20!

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can&#39;t wait to get back in South Bend this weekend!����</p>&mdash; antjuan simmons (@_antjuan_) <a href="https://twitter.com/_antjuan_/status/688910013071536129">January 18, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                        This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Awesome news. Hope he commits. One thing that has become very clear is our coaches are:
                                                                                          1. Excellent identifiers of talent
                                                                                          2. Not afraid to jump in the deep end once they see something they want
                                                                                          3. Very confident in their scouting...there have been MANY times they jumped in on a kid when nobody else was, only to watch the kid blow up and realize our guys really do know their shit, and were just ahead of the curve.

This kid's going to blow up, and the idea of him playing LB at 6'0 225 lbs with his speed, instincts and ferocity sounds pretty damn good to me.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            He's in the process of blowing up. He's got all the Midwest powers on board and getting interest from the kid tier SEC programs as well. He remind me of the LSU OLB's.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by drake29 View Post
                                                                                              Denzel Perryman comes to mind - that kid was a beast.

I said he reminded me of Coney earlier, but clearly he is a Denzel Perryman clone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                kid is the best prospect in MI for 2017 and it's not even close. Getting him would be huge
                                                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                                  kid is the best prospect in MI for 2017 and it's not even close. Getting him would be huge
                                                                                                  Over Peoples Jones?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                                                    Over Peoples Jones?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                                                                                                    in my mind yes, i think simmons is a can't miss prospect
                                                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X