Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'17 FL OL Dillan Gibbons (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
    Liam's the only ND OL I've seen going in the first 4 rounds. I saw Kramer pop up in like the 6th IIRc.

Haven't see Hainsey's name at all on the boards. Kramer very late if at all. I could see them both returning. Kramer's had some bad moments early this year, has been playing better, but think another year would absolutely help his stock.

Just in general, I've only seen JOK in the first two rounds, Liam in the first four, and Kramer and Hayes very late rounds.
    I just don't see Hainsey coming back for a 5th year as he has been a starter for nearly all 4 years. And I don't care what all these mock drafts currently say...Hainsey will go day two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
      I just don't see Hainsey coming back for a 5th year as he has been a starter for nearly all 4 years. And I don't care what all these mock drafts currently say...Hainsey will go day two.
      IDK. I have to agree with Crus here. I don't see him as an NFL T.
      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
        IDK. I have to agree with Crus here. I don't see him as an NFL T.
        I never said he would be an OT in the NFL. He is going to be a guard who could swing to RT in an emergency situation. I don't see any reason why he would want to come back for a 5th year as a started and risk an injury. He already missed what 5 or 6 games last year...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
          I never said he would be an OT in the NFL. He is going to be a guard who could swing to RT in an emergency situation. I don't see any reason why he would want to come back for a 5th year as a started and risk an injury. He already missed what 5 or 6 games last year...
          You're talking me into RG. Or maybe even Center. Wasn't they chat at some point about him being a C candidate?
          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• that, I believe, was IE talking (because he was the shorter) and not the staff.

Comment

• He’s not listed on the roster anymore. Seems like news to me. He posted in December he was returning for a 5th year so it can’t be him transferring. Only explanation would be a medical or clerical error that he’s not on the roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                He’s not listed on the roster anymore. Seems like news to me. He posted in December he was returning for a 5th year so it can’t be him transferring. Only explanation would be a medical or clerical error that he’s not on the roster.
                I noticed the same thing this morning when comparing the roster from und.com to a spreadsheet I keep. I didn't see find anything on a quick search, but I'd guess this will be addressed in Kelly's time with the media today.

Comment

• Kelly mentioned him at LG so must be an error on UND.com

Comment

• "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Edit: Cack beat me to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                        Edit: Cack beat me to it.
                        boo yah! ;)
                        "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Wow. The “6th man” type OG and 2C role must have started to become very clear. I am surprised but can’t blame. Quality OL don’t transfer often but someone out there certainly has a big hole that Gibbons can instantly improve.

So 2 OG spots coming from Spindler, Kristofic and Lugg/Patterson seems pretty clear

Comment

• Not a bad life.

Bachelors from Mendoza and an MBA from Vandy... right?

Two years to play there and if he can make a buck professionally afterwards, bonus.

Best of luck to him.

Comment

• Not surprised but very disappointed. Definitely wanted him as a super backup on the interior and hopefully the #2 C. Good luck to Dillan though

Comment

• *sigh*... He's going to FSU isn't he?

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                  *sigh*... He's going to FSU isn't he?
                                  First guesses would be FSU or UCF, based on nothing but the thought he wants to go back to Florida via prister.

St Pete's ain't too far from USF, so that could be an option too. He's not going anywhere to sit.

Comment

• His transfer announcement was possibly the classiest thing I've read from a player leaving. I'm rooting hard for Dillon to finish strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post

First guesses would be FSU or UCF, based on nothing but the thought he wants to go back to Florida via prister.

St Pete's ain't too far from USF, so that could be an option too. He's not going anywhere to sit.
                                      How do you graduate from Mendoza and then tack on a mail order MBA from UCF/USF/FSU? Is the U out of the question. Are players allowed to take the real classes there?

Tell the P's to suck it up for 2 more years and get to Nashville. Road games are closer besides UK/MO

I know nothing about Florida? Could he crack that line up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                                        His transfer announcement was possibly the classiest thing I've read from a player leaving. I'm rooting hard for Dillon to finish strong.
                                        Yes. Must be posted.

Comment

• BTW... for any parents who a reading this:

THIS is why you chose Notre Dame.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

How do you graduate from Mendoza and then tack on a mail order MBA from UCF/USF/FSU? Is the U out of the question. Are players allowed to take the real classes there?

Tell the P's to suck it up for 2 more years and get to Nashville. Road games are closer besides UK/MO

I know nothing about Florida? Could he crack that line up?
                                            First and foremost, he is looking for a place that he can start, not pick up a world class masters degree. Obviously if he can find the best of both worlds that's preferable. I know next to nothing about the OLs of UF or Miami but he would certainly start at FSU/UCF/USF. He might be the biggest profile OL transfer in the portal though so plenty of really good programs across the country could possibly an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post

First and foremost, he is looking for a place that he can start, not pick up a world class masters degree. Obviously if he can find the best of both worlds that's preferable. I know next to nothing about the OLs of UF or Miami but he would certainly start at FSU/UCF/USF. He might be the biggest profile OL transfer in the portal though so plenty of really good programs across the country could possibly an option.
                                              Texas has roster holes everywhere, they'd take him
                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

Texas has roster holes everywhere, they'd take him
                                                Getting Texas connections on top of ND connections would not be bad at all.

Comment

• Transferring to FSU

Last edited by irishknight35; 05-10-2021, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Looks like its FSU...that'll be pretty weird on Sept 6th

Comment

• Originally posted by irishknight35 View Post
                                                      Transferring to FSU

Sure our DL will be ready to get after him if he is starting

Comment

• Not suggesting they should have but would ND had a capability to block this in anyway or no? No since a grad transfer or no period?

Comment

• Awkward

Comment

• I'm assuming he's an immediate starter for them, which should make us feel better.

Comment

• So, uhh, does he bring the whole playbook with him?

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                So, uhh, does he bring the whole playbook with him?
                                                                Yeah I don’t like this. Seems like one of the main reasons for blocking a transfer in the past was to prevent playing the new team the next year with the transferred players maybe most value added being knowledge of his former team. I was all smiles and well wishes when it was assumed to be UCF or USF now this feels icky.

Comment

Time for Rees and Freeman to earn their paychecks. As much as we hate to see him going to our day one opponent, if our coordinators are worth half the hype they receive, they should be able to use this to their advantage as well. Sure, he may know the playbook as it stands right now, we should be more than well aware of his weaknesses and, more importantly, how to exploit them...

Comment

• Originally posted by SBirishlawyer View Post

Yeah I don’t like this. Seems like one of the main reasons for blocking a transfer in the past was to prevent playing the new team the next year with the transferred players maybe most value added being knowledge of his former team. I was all smiles and well wishes when it was assumed to be UCF or USF now this feels icky.
                                                                    ND hired a coach from a team on our schedule this year so it's hard for me to feel bad about this.

Comment

• "it's not about the X's and O's but the jimmy's and the Joe's"

I sure hope the difference between us and FSU isn't some playbook knowledge
                                                                      Prehistoric

Comment

This type of stuff is overblown, but let's take a little deeper look. How many different plays are ran from the same formation? Plus, he'll be on the sidelines when we're on O, so he's probably sitting on the bench taking a breather and listening to his line coach. However, if he is standing on the sideline he's got to figure out what the play is and somehow communicate that to the D in the matter of a few seconds. Last but not least, our playbook is going to be somewhat different from last year and a lot of that probably hasn't been put in just yet.
                                                                        Last edited by Irish#1; 05-11-2021, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• I mean its not like the way our OL plays isnt well known by now. There should be some wrinkles but our OL plays the same as it has for several years now. How does their OL react to our D will be the main question.

Comment

• Lol @ the posts in this thread today.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                            Working...
                                                                            X