Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'17 FL OL Dillan Gibbons (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's kind of the forgotten man right now, but I think Gibbons will surprise a lot of people in a positive way before his time is done at ND.

Comment

• dudes quietly been committed for quite a while
      Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarge View Post
        upstairs man cave? do want.
        I agree, that is a sweet set up!

Comment

• Haha. For a second I thought that was in the gug or something. Very cool.

Comment

• I just had to post this again. Time to get fired up. Ready for what's next for the Irish. Here Comes the Irish, always gets me; but seeing a recruit who gets it and makes it his own is just fabulous. Have a great morning, gentlemen! All is well in the world.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YKMg4-UBv4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PS. : Please note, somewhere in the middle where Dillan and PMoney are hamming it up! That's what it's all about!
            Last edited by Bogtrotter07; 02-03-2017, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Could be the biggest sleeper in this class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                Could be the biggest sleeper in this class.

guys on II podcast questioned whether he has the talent to play Div1. He's considered the longest of long shots to make an impact at ND IMO
                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                  guys on II podcast questioned whether he has the talent to play Div1. He's considered the longest of long shots to make an impact at ND IMO
                  Ohio State, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Louisville, and Michigan St disagree.

Comment

what were their reasons?
                    Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                      what were their reasons?
                      Prister listed Gibbons along with Davis and Adams are 3 4 star players he reckons might have trouble making an impact. His direct quote on Gibbons was "I just don't know if his game translates to the next (D1) level"
                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

Prister listed Gibbons along with Davis and Adams are 3 4 star players he reckons might have trouble making an impact. His direct quote on Gibbons was "I just don't know if his game translates to the next (D1) level"
                        Is the D1 in parenthese your interpretation? Because I could agree with the notion that he might not compete in the "next level," if you mean at an elite school like Notre Dame, already stacked with O-Line talent.

But D1 entirely? Definitely not. Gibbons could start at half the MAC schools his first year, to say nothing of FCS.

Comment

• I wouldn't count DG out. I met him and his family at the ISD tailgate for our MSU whooping, and I just feel like he'll start at ND at somepoint, even if it's due to injury. And I think he'll be good enough as a starter to not be noticeable (aka, Elmer bad).

Part of this is due to the fact that he is a big dude. He's at least 6'2" and very thick. But mostly, he has the intangibles and I think he'll work his ass off, always be eligible, and be very coachable. The guy could eat me on his sandwich but said 'yes sir' to me about a dozen times, was very well spoken, and had a ton of enthusiasm towards ND. Those are the types of kids who over achieve at ND.

Now watch him become the campus drug dealer and cheat on papers.

Comment

• Originally posted by koonja View Post
                            I wouldn't count DG out. I met him and his family at the ISD tailgate for our MSU whooping, and I just feel like he'll start at ND at somepoint, even if it's due to injury. And I think he'll be good enough as a starter to not be noticeable (aka, Elmer bad).

Part of this is due to the fact that he is a big dude. He's at least 6'2" and very thick. But mostly, he has the intangibles and I think he'll work his ass off, always be eligible, and be very coachable. The guy could eat me on his sandwich but said 'yes sir' to me about a dozen times, was very well spoken, and had a ton of enthusiasm towards ND. Those are the types of kids who over achieve at ND.

Wait a minute? He is only 6'2"? Wow! That is a discrepancy.

I just don't get it. From what I read, the people in the know all seemed to count Robert Hainsey as the OL with the furthest to go to compete at ND. What gives? I am truly vexed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
                              Wait a minute? He is only 6'2"? Wow! That is a discrepancy.

I just don't get it. From what I read, the people in the know all seemed to count Robert Hainsey as the OL with the furthest to go to compete at ND. What gives? I am truly vexed!
                              IDK if you're being sarcastic for sure, but he's at least 6'2" IMO, yes. I would guess 6'3", no taller though. Plenty big to play OG at ND if you bring it in every other category.

Comment

IDK if you're being sarcastic for sure, but he's at least 6'2" IMO, yes. I would guess 6'3", no taller though. Plenty big to play OG at ND if you bring it in every other category.
                                No, not sarcastic, nor derogatory.

This kid has solidly been listed as 6'5" from every service, source, and even in ND's material. If he isn't at least the size listed, without the resume, why offer?

Badass only goes so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
                                  No, not sarcastic, nor derogatory.

This kid has solidly been listed as 6'5" from every service, source, and even in ND's material. If he isn't at least the size listed, without the resume, why offer?

Badass only goes so far.
                                  I'm here giving him props and I'm telling you he is not 6'5" (two sites list him at 6'4" BTW).

Comment

I wouldn't count DG out. I met him and his family at the ISD tailgate for our MSU whooping, and I just feel like he'll start at ND at somepoint, even if it's due to injury. And I think he'll be good enough as a starter to not be noticeable (aka, Elmer bad).

Gross. Quit dreaming.

Comment

• Pat Elfelin
                                      Dan Feeney
                                      Jack Allen

That is all.

Comment

wow thought they might have some real scouting. like poor feeting, bad knee bends, terrible hands, lack of strength.

just doesnt translate? insightful
                                        Prehistoric

Comment

• Gibbons is my underrated offensive pick this class. He never got the respect he deserved, and the ISD guys were pretty baffled he was ranked so low going into last year.

His senior film is solid, nothing particularly special, but I think a big reason for that is because he's playing at LT. He's definitely not a LT at the next level. He's a true Guard, and when he lined up there, he excelled.
                                          It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post
                                            Gibbons is my underrated offensive pick this class. He never got the respect he deserved, and the ISD guys were pretty baffled he was ranked so low going into last year.

His senior film is solid, nothing particularly special, but I think a big reason for that is because he's playing at LT. He's definitely not a LT at the next level. He's a true Guard, and when he lined up there, he excelled.

I agree. Offensive underrated player Gibbons. For defense it's big bird.

Comment

I agree. Offensive underrated player Gibbons. For defense it's big bird.

Mine was Hinish. He gets forgotten in our DL haul a lot. But he's quick off the ball and wreaks havoc in the backfield. Just raw technique wise and could put on some extra size. Big Bird intrigues me, because he's 6'3-6'4 250+ already and has impressive athleticism. Very raw, almost Ogundeji-like.
                                              It's Just a Ride.

Comment

I'm here giving him props and I'm telling you he is not 6'5" (two sites list him at 6'4" BTW).
                                                I've stood right next to Dillon Gibbons and he is at least 3 inches taller than me and I'm 6'1"

Comment

• In most of these 'body by's I can see a difference. This one appears to just be a difference in oil/sweat. Get back to work Gibby.

Comment

• I notice gains in his legs

Comment

• Originally posted by Southside Sully View Post
                                                      I notice gains in his legs
                                                      As well as no longer having such a round face and lack of a double chin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricochet View Post
                                                        As well as no longer having such a round face and lack of a double chin.
                                                        This is what I noticed right away. Might not have added any bulk but looks like he did decrease his body fat.

Comment

In most of these 'body by's I can see a difference. This one appears to just be a difference in oil/sweat. Get back to work Gibby.
                                                          Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                                          This is what I noticed right away. Might not have added any bulk but looks like he did decrease his body fat.
                                                          I agree it looks like he lost a lot of baby fat and not just in the face and neck. His whole body seems to be more cut IMO.

Comment

• Well ... I like the old haircut better than the new.

At least he's learned to come in from the cold and snow when shirtless and wearing shorts and sandals.

He's clearly paid attention during his Freshman Year of Studies.

Ahhh, South Bend.

A tropical paradise!

Comment

• Seems kinda wrong that Gibbons' thread hasn't been bumped at all since 2017. He's really turned into a fine backup, and maybe he'll even get a shot at starting next year as a 5th year.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                Seems kinda wrong that Gibbons' thread hasn't been bumped at all since 2017. He's really turned into a fine backup, and maybe he'll even get a shot at starting next year as a 5th year.
                                                                I assume he’ll have two years of eligibility left, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post
                                                                  I assume he’ll have two years of eligibility left, correct?
                                                                  I believe so

Comment

• If he chooses to. But there is a solid chance he starts at guard next year.

Comment

If he chooses to. But there is a solid chance he starts at guard next year.

I'd think Banks would be back too. He's not on any OG draft big boards IIRC.
                                                                      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                        Greg Gabriel, ex NFL scout, is a poster at II and he's adamant that while Banks is not on a lot of boards going into the year, he'll be on them after the year. It'll probably be a tough decision for him.

Either way, it's really nice to see Gibbons get some PT and play well. I'd agree with the general feeling that him competing for one of the OG spots over the next two years is a huge plus. Also, a shout out to the fellas at ISD. They've been saying the whole offseason that Gibbons just needed to get and stay healthy and he'd start to impact the depth chart.

Comment

I really believe the staffs plan is to have Banks play tackle next season in order to entice him to comeback.

2021: Banks and Lugg both guards or both tackles or one guard and one tackle. Patterson I believe moves to guard and Zeke at center. That leaves one guard or one tackle spot open.

Comment

NFL/XFL scout Greg Gabriel says coming into the year, he was the highest thought of ND OL with NFL scouting guys he knows. Banks has played well this year so if 1 + 1 = 2, that's not a good sign on him returning unless . . .

Banks wants a year at OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                              Greg Gabriel, ex NFL scout, is a poster at II and he's adamant that while Banks is not on a lot of boards going into the year, he'll be on them after the year. It'll probably be a tough decision for him.

Either way, it's really nice to see Gibbons get some PT and play well. I'd agree with the general feeling that him competing for one of the OG spots over the next two years is a huge plus. Also, a shout out to the fellas at ISD. They've been saying the whole offseason that Gibbons just needed to get and stay healthy and he'd start to impact the depth chart.
                                                                              Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                                                              I really believe the staffs plan is to have Banks play tackle next season in order to entice him to comeback.

2021: Banks and Lugg both guards or both tackles or one guard and one tackle. Patterson I believe moves to guard and Zeke at center. That leaves one guard or one tackle spot open.
                                                                              Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                              NFL/XFL scout Greg Gabriel says coming into the year, he was the highest thought of ND OL with NFL scouting guys he knows. Banks has played well this year so if 1 + 1 = 2, that's not a good sign on him returning unless . . .

Banks wants a year at OT.
                                                                              Thanks fellas. Reps around.

Can one of you if you have time, give me an idea who you think will leave after the year.

Comment

• I need Gibbons to start next year . . . for my sanity.

I used to go round and round with IrishTP about Matt Bockhorst from Cincy St X regarding him being an ND level recruit, TP said he was too small. Well, Bockhorst is Clemson's starting LG this season. I don't mind missing on Cincinnati Catholic (or any ND Dream School) kids as much when the guy that got their spot performs at ND. So Gibbons starts a year, all is forgiven.

Comment

Can one of you if you have time, give me an idea who you think will leave after the year.
                                                                                  Recent Bk comments make it seem like they want to get a lot of these guys to come back but I would have no idea who would or wouldn't want too. It'd be pure speculation on draft potential and, honestly, I haven't even really though that far ahead.

Comment

I think it's just the expected three of Liam, Kramer and Hainsey...unless and god willing it doesn't happen there is an injury.

Comment

The only thing I know is Liam's gone. Anything else is possible.

Hainsey coming back makes the more sense now. He's not an NFL tackle obviously but all things totaled, he's a very good ND offensive lineman, teammate & captain. Then again, there are younger, capable guys right behind him or elsewhere on the OL right now ready to slide into RT.

This is exactly why Joe Beiden will be raising Quinn's taxes. He gets paid the big bucks to perform these mental gymnastics.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                                        The only thing I know is Liam's gone. Anything else is possible.

Hainsey coming back makes the more sense now. He's not an NFL tackle obviously but all things totaled, he's a very good ND offensive lineman, teammate & captain. Then again, there are younger, capable guys right behind him or elsewhere on the OL right now ready to slide into RT.

This is exactly why Joe Beiden will be raising Quinn's taxes. He gets paid the big bucks to perform these mental gymnastics.
                                                                                        Liam's the only ND OL I've seen going in the first 4 rounds. I saw Kramer pop up in like the 6th IIRc.

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                                                                        I think it's just the expected three of Liam, Kramer and Hainsey...unless and god willing it doesn't happen there is an injury.
                                                                                        Haven't see Hainsey's name at all on the boards. Kramer very late if at all. I could see them both returning. Kramer's had some bad moments early this year, has been playing better, but think another year would absolutely help his stock.

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                        Recent Bk comments make it seem like they want to get a lot of these guys to come back but I would have no idea who would or wouldn't want too. It'd be pure speculation on draft potential and, honestly, I haven't even really though that far ahead.
                                                                                        Just in general, I've only seen JOK in the first two rounds, Liam in the first four, and Kramer and Hayes very late rounds.

Comment

• I'm just a guy but I think that it might be better for both Hainsey and Kraemer's NFL stock if they stayed and flipped positions for 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                                            I need Gibbons to start next year . . . for my sanity.

I used to go round and round with IrishTP about Matt Bockhorst from Cincy St X regarding him being an ND level recruit, TP said he was too small. Well, Bockhorst is Clemson's starting LG this season. I don't mind missing on Cincinnati Catholic (or any ND Dream School) kids as much when the guy that got their spot performs at ND. So Gibbons starts a year, all is forgiven.
                                                                                            Gibbons too small? Isn't he 6'5" and about 320lb?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                                              Gibbons too small? Isn't he 6'5" and about 320lb?
                                                                                              I was talking about Bockhorst who Clemson lists at 6-4/315.

ND lists Gibbons at 6-4/309

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                              Working...
                                                                                              X