Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'17 FL OL Dillan Gibbons (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '17 FL OL Dillan Gibbons (Notre Dame Signee)

Left Tackle
    Saint Petersburg, FL (Northside Christian)

Ht: 6'5
    Wt: 275

Rankings:
    None Available

Offers:
    Cincinnati
    Louisville
    Ohio State
    South Carolina
    South Florida
    West Virginia

Interest:
    Notre Dame
    Miami

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/4305435/highlights/217316390' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gibbons Making Name For Himself - Irish Sports Daily

SAN ANTONIO – Dillan Gibbons has caught the attention of several college programs in just a couple of years of high school ball. His coach expects the 2017 Florida offensive lineman to continue seeing a surge in his recruitment as he believes the sophomore’s potential is essentially limitless and he would know.
    “Dillan’s ceiling is endless,” said Northside Christian head coach Mike Alstott, who was a six-time Pro Bowler in 11 seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after a stellar college career at Purdue.
    “First of all, his character. He’s a great kid with great character. He works hard in the school. He’s just a great person with a great family. When it comes to his athletic ability, he doesn’t have a turn-off switch. He’s a high-motor kid. He’s a finisher at a young age with great feet. He does very good at a young age. He was starting in ninth grade, so he’s only finished his second year really. Again, his ceiling is endless. He’s doing very well and opening up a lot of people’s eyes as far as scouting.”
    Gibbons didn’t make it to Texas for the U.S. Army All-American Underclassmen Combine, but Alstott was in town with his son Griffin, who is a quarterback in the Class of 2017. The 6-foot-5, 292-pound Gibbons has displayed quite a nasty streak on the field.
    “Like I said, he doesn’t have a turn-off switch,” Alstott said. “There’s no switch whatsoever. You love the aggressiveness. He is nasty. That’s something I guess you can’t teach. He has great feet. He has to work on some things technique-wise, but that’s with a young kid not having a lot of time playing football. You can’t teach heart, you can’t teach aggression. He’s the real deal.”
    Gibbons, who was named First Team All-State and First Team All-County as a sophomore, already has offers from Ohio State, South Carolina, West Virginia, Louisville, Cincinnati and South Florida. Alstott sees Gibbons as a tackle, but thinks he could play other positions as well.
    “Right now, he plays left tackle for me,” said Alstott. “I think he’s doing a helluva job and I think he’s going to be a tackle. He’s doing very well on the left. It seems to be his more natural side. Versatility is always a key for a lineman, he has great feet and I think he can play a lot of positions on the line.”
    Gibbons is the younger brother of former Notre Dame target Reilly Gibbons, who signed with Stanford before transferring to South Florida last year. Despite his personal history with the recruiting process, Alstott admits he’s leaned on Gibbons’ family, including assistant coach Shannon Gibbons, who is Dillan’s father, for advice on the current recruiting process.
    “I really don’t have to give him a lot of advice because his family has been through it,” said Alstott. “Coach Gibbons has really been teaching me because it is a new process for me. I’m a young head coach, three years in high school.
    “The whole recruiting process from the time I was recruited is night and day. It’s unbelievable how big the change is. I think it’s obviously relationships and contacts and reaching out and branding and marketing your players. If you really believe in a kid and what he does inside the walls of the classroom and his character and then obviously, his play on the field, then you really want to be persistent.”
    Notre Dame recruiting coordinator Tony Alford is expected to drop in on Gibbons soon. The Irish haven’t shown a ton of interest in Gibbons to this point, but if they do, they’ll definitely be under strong consideration.

Comment

Nice to see we didn't burn a bridge with the family.
      Prehistoric

Comment

didn't realize alstott got into coaching, pretty cool
        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
          didn't realize alstott got into coaching, pretty cool
          I like the idea of an OL coached by one of the toughest football players of this generation.

Comment

Favorite pro player.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Michigan state has offered 2017 tackle Dillan Gibbons of St. Pete Florida.</p>&mdash; Rob Cassidy (@Cassidy_Rob) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cassidy_Rob/status/566310929822801920">February 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
              <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Mike Alstott... The biggest whiff in Notre Dame history.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                  Mike Alstott... The biggest whiff in Notre Dame history.

At least we had Larry Moriarity. He was Alstott first.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a> HC Brian Kelly extended a scholarship offer to 2017 FL OT Dillan Gibbons (<a href="https://twitter.com/GibbonsDillan">@GibbonsDillan</a>) today. Major offer for a major talent.</p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/583335977604804608">April 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
                    EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

I bet that pissed off big bro, lol.

Comment

I really like that we're getting involved with the sophomore class so early. I think it will pay dividends down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                          I bet that pissed off big bro, lol.
                          You think? You can get just as good of an education sitting the bench in Palo Alto as you can sitting the bench in the Bend.

Big brother must KNOW he's going to the League if he's willing to flush a Tree degree in favor of getting that paper from Commuter U. Good luck elder Gibbons.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                            You think? You can get just as good of an education sitting the bench in Palo Alto as you can sitting the bench in the Bend.

Big brother must KNOW he's going to the League if he's willing to flush a Tree degree in favor of getting that paper from Commuter U. Good luck elder Gibbons.

he was home sick...that's why he transferred

he never actually enrolled at Stanford and opted to join the Bulls to get closer to home.
                            Last edited by PANDFAN; 04-01-2015, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post

he never actually enrolled at Stanford and opted to join the Bulls to get closer to home.
                              The Stanford Aaron Lynch
                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

He had to be enrolled. I remember reading he got hurt in practice and left You can't participate in organized team practices if you've never enrolled. Maybe he was a early enrollee or a summer schooler? Google time...

Comment

Gibbons enrolled in two summer classes at Stanford but did not attend the classes he enrolled in for the fall term, according to his father, Shannon Gibbons. Because he did enroll, it will be up to the NCAA whether Gibbons will be eligible for the 2015 season. Gibbons will start taking classes and working out with the football team in January.
                                  Shannon Gibbons said the urge to come home outweighed staying at Stanford.
                                  "We're a really tight family and he got home sick and wanted to come back,'' Shannon Gibbons said. "USF was the perfect place for him. They are happy to have him.''

poor choice in wording on my end...used enrolling as actually taking classes
                                  Last edited by PANDFAN; 04-01-2015, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Gibbons enrolled in two summer classes at Stanford but did not attend the classes he enrolled in for the fall term, according to his father, Shannon Gibbons. Because he did enroll, it will be up to the NCAA whether Gibbons will be eligible for the 2015 season. Gibbons will start taking classes and working out with the football team in January.
                                    Shannon Gibbons said the urge to come home outweighed staying at Stanford.
                                    "We're a really tight family and he got home sick and wanted to come back,'' Shannon Gibbons said. "USF was the perfect place for him. They are happy to have him.''

poor choice in wording on my end...used enrolling as actually taking classes
                                    He signed a LOI, he took two summer classes... he needs to sit out a year. In the old days he would have had to enroll at USF immediately in the fall to be eligible for the following football season, to have completed 2 semesters of full time coursework (2 semesters of at least 12 hours) before you could play. I wonder if it's just sit out one calender year from when you left the last school now?

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Big news before tip-off. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a> has scored a commitment from 2017 Florida OT Dillan Gibbons (<a href="https://twitter.com/GibbonsDillan">@GibbonsDillan</a>). More coming ASAP.</p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/584473377835982849">April 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

HAPPY EASTER!

Comment

Boom!
                                        This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Boom
                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Heistand is God

Comment

WOWZERS
                                              Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

Great news. Did not expect a '17 commit this early, at all.

Comment

Harry does what he wants! BOOM!

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Whoa.

Comment

I have a son in the 2017 class. Seems very weird to me.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>My son <a href="https://twitter.com/GibbonsDillan">@GibbonsDillan</a> just committed to the University of Notre Dame. He is the first commit of the 2017 class. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDameFootball?src=hash">#NotreDameFootball</a></p>&mdash; Shannon P Gibbons (@bigpoppagibbons) <a href="https://twitter.com/bigpoppagibbons/status/584479766889246720">April 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Comment

Originally posted by scUM Hater View Post
                                                            I have a son in the 2017 class. Seems very weird to me.
                                                            That's not a nice thing to say about your son. Maybe have a talk with him or something.

Comment

Congratulations to Dillan and the Gibbons family. A big fella to anchor the line is how I like to start a class. All aboard!
                                                              Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>All-State in 2014 as a Soph .<a href="https://twitter.com/GibbonsDillan">@GibbonsDillan</a> he is an excellent pass and run blocker, With good technique, natural knee bend and quick feet.</p>&mdash; Tom Lemming (@LemmingReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/LemmingReport/status/584481385575944196">April 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Hope he really does have the skills to play LT.

Comment

Boom! This is awesome! Congrats Dillan!

Comment

Well, this is out of left field. Congrats, big man.

Comment

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>New Notre Dame commit Dillan Gibbons said he went to the Syracuse game in ’08. Knew then that he wanted to be Irish. <a href="http://t.co/AH3FcG5JgE">http://t.co/AH3FcG5JgE</a></p>&mdash; Andrew Ivins (@BGI_aivins) <a href="https://twitter.com/BGI_aivins/status/584488890645360641">April 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/TonnJoness">@TonnJoness</a> Looks like I&#39;ll be blocking for you once again bro!��</p>&mdash; Dillan Gibbons (@GibbonsDillan) <a href="https://twitter.com/GibbonsDillan/status/584488110362337280">April 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Great work, keep burning and churning.
                                                                            Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Welcome Dillan! His film is loaded with shots of him putting his defender on their backs. He's only going to get better too. Great foundation for the 2017 effort. Happy Easter!

Comment

• #40
                                                                                He just favorited/retweeted what u wrote on twitter.i am very excited to see him in a gold helmet

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Great get! kid's nasty and aggressive. He finishes every block and drives them all into the ground. Perfect attitude to anchor line in the future

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Is HH the most important coach not name Brian Kelly?

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      That 08' Syracuse game was a recruiting boon. First Manti now Gibbons. Hard to believe anyone would want to come to ND after watching that game. Great news. As a Bucs fan I'm extra excited, Alstott was awesome.
                                                                                      "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by NDRock View Post
                                                                                        That 08' Syracuse game was a recruiting boon. First Manti now Gibbons. Hard to believe anyone would want to come to ND after watching that game. Great news. As a Bucs fan I'm extra excited, Alstott was awesome.
                                                                                        Yeah, I was at that game...brutal!

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Huge pickup. Welcome Dillon! Go Irish!
                                                                                          God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>New <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a> FB recruit <a href="https://twitter.com/GibbonsDillan">@GibbonsDillan</a> has a 151 IQ, won a Coney dog-eating contest and is coached by Mike Alstott: <a href="http://t.co/Hbo2p3BQZP">http://t.co/Hbo2p3BQZP</a></p>&mdash; Eric Hansen (@EHansenNDI) <a href="https://twitter.com/EHansenNDI/status/584519292932218880">April 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

Shouldn't have to worry about him writing his own papers.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Great news this fine Saturday.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Welcome to the family Dillan!! ND didn't win vs. Syracuse in 08 (I was there too), but we are winning on the recruiting side of it.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Fantastic!

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WeAreND?src=hash">#WeAreND</a></p>&mdash; Brian Kelly (@CoachBrianKelly) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachBrianKelly/status/584525934956515328">April 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                                                                                    If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X