Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'17 NV QB Tate Martell (Ohio State Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '17 NV QB Tate Martell (Ohio State Verbal)

QB - Dual Threat
    Las Vegas, Nevada - by way of San Diego, CA
    Bishop Gorman

Bishop Gorman High School (Las Vegas, NV) Football Home - MaxPreps.com

Ht: 5'11"
    Wt: 180 lbs
    40: 4.62
    Shuttle: 4.38
    Vertical: 33"

RANKINGS:

24/7 Comp.....NA
    24/7:.............4 star.....#4 DT QB.....#72 Overall
    Rivals:...........NA
    ESPN:............NA
    Scout:...........NA

OFFERS:

ASU
    USC
    Washington (decommited on 1-6-15)
    Texas Tech

Tate Martell - Hudl

Tate Martell's (Las Vegas, NV) High School Timeline - MaxPreps.com

Last edited by clashmore_mike; 08-30-2015, 07:27 AM.

No surprise here.

USC Target Tate Martell De-Commits from Washington

Comment

what's up with these DT/QB's?

Comment

Originally posted by ND NYC View Post
        Not sure if serious.

Comment

To be able to play defensive tackle and QB makes a recruit so versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by ND NYC View Post

He committed to Sarkisian when he was at Washington sometime before his sophomore year. I'm surprised it took this long for him to decommit.

* Originally "committed" to Washington and Sarkisian while in 7th grade in Poway, CA (San Diego metro area)

The Martell family also have legal guardianship of Bishop Gorman 4 star WR Tyjon Lindsey who transferred to BG along with Martell.

Last edited by NDCrusader; 01-06-2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
              The Martell family also have legal guardianship of Bishop Gorman 4 star WR Tyjon Lindsey who transferred to BG along with Martell.
              So basically that really good sophomore class at Gorman already has two USC locks? Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                So basically that really good sophomore class at Gorman already has two USC locks? Awesome.
                Sounds like Tate is a Sarkisian lock, not an SC lock.

If Jones heads to South Bend next summer I'll say anything's possible especially when every player worthy of being recruited by ND has to play at Fertitta Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                  House Martell is also one of the great houses of the Seven Kingdoms and is the ruling house of the kingdom of Dorne. Its seat is at Sunspear castle. Its coat of arms displays a gold spear piercing a red sun on an orange field, and its words are Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Comment

Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                    House Martell is also one of the great houses of the Seven Kingdoms and is the ruling house of the kingdom of Dorne. Its seat is at Sunspear castle. Its coat of arms displays a gold spear piercing a red sun on an orange field, and its words are Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.
                    You kids and your Clash of Grungeclans and Dragons. Go outside and get some exercise already!

Comment

Only a matter of time before Lorenzo is our bagman and we get all the kids from Gorman.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenDomer View Post
                        Only a matter of time before Lorenzo is our bagman and we get all the kids from Gorman.
                        That's Mister Big Bags to you!

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ND Pipeline? RT <a href="https://twitter.com/adamgorney">@adamgorney</a>: Quick note on 2017 QB Tate Martell and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a> right here <a href="http://t.co/P2CWmsn4LE">http://t.co/P2CWmsn4LE</a> <a href="http://t.co/JuudMqlpD3">pic.twitter.com/JuudMqlpD3</a>”</p>&mdash; Andrew Ivins (@BGI_aivins) <a href="https://twitter.com/BGI_aivins/status/556990536481923073">January 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
                          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

I'll take a stud QB with no losses on his record any day. Gorman is being good to us, and I bet leaders like Nicco and Alize will help recruit him.

Comment

Hopefully he grows a few more inches

Comment

Rivals - USC has the early edge but it sounds like he's wide open.

ND staff is expected to be visiting him this week at BG (probably seeing alize too? Just my guess) and is hoping the Irish offer.

Comment

That's a school I would love to get a continual pipeline from

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by irishmarine View Post
                                      That's a school I would love to get a continual pipeline from
                                      This. Having 3 players from the same powerhouse school is a big deal. What makes it more impressive is that Gorman is roughly 2,000 miles from South Bend

Comment

I remember his Dad from the Washinton Sentinels...

Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenDomer View Post
                                          This. Having 3 players from the same powerhouse school is a big deal.
                                          Other schools with three players:

Woodbury Forest (Prosise, Randolph, Martini)
                                          Archbishop Alter (Zaire, Coleman, Suttman (walk-on))
                                          St. Thomas Aquinas (Riggs, Holmes, Soto (walk-on))

Comment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ANk1xv7NjJg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

Was rated the top QB at the event from Rivals. Ahead of KJ Costello.

Comment

I'd be so mad if he went to usc

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                  Was rated the top QB at the event from Rivals. Ahead of KJ Costello.
                                                  I watched a few of there games on ESPN last year and I must say, this doesn't surprise me in the least. He was so fun to watch. I hope that we can get him up for a visit with the current BG pipeline we have going. Would be an amazing get imo.

Comment

Personally I like Hunter Johnson better. Tate is one heck of a gamer but if it was a choice, I'd choose Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                      Personally I like Hunter Johnson better. Tate is one heck of a gamer but if it was a choice, I'd choose Johnson.
                                                      I need to look at Hunter's tape. I know he is more of the prototypical size that most look for in a QB too. Is he (Johnson) the number one target for ND next year?

Comment

Originally posted by yankeeND View Post
                                                        I need to look at Hunter's tape. I know he is more of the prototypical size that most look for in a QB too. Is he (Johnson) the number one target for ND next year?
                                                        As of now, yes. However, a lot can change as there are probably some really good prospects that aren't even the starters on their team yet. The junior year is when you start to see QB's emerge, IMO. Not many sophomore QB's blowing up because they're behind Juniors and Seniors. Its a much different position to recruit because of that reason.

Comment

Martell looks like he's gonna be rock solid physically as a senior. Almost Tebow like but with mechanics.
                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

I would prefer to never have a QB under 6 ft again. When we do so well recruiting 6'6"-6'8' linemen, it'd be a shame to recruit more QBs that can't see over them.

That's probably unfair because I bet Tate will be a good one and I'm sure we'll see plenty of sub 6' QBs have success.

Comment

He's pretty much booked to USC. He also said if Costello would have went to USC he would'nt have gone. So some are calling him a drama queen. Good talent though but I would still take Johnson and staff clearly wants Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                Martell looks like he's gonna be rock solid physically as a senior. Almost Tebow like but with mechanics.
                                                                Are you comparing body sizes or talent? Because Martell might be 5'10 170 and that doesn't scream Tebow to me.

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                  Are you comparing body sizes or talent? Because Martell might be 5'10 170 and that doesn't scream Tebow to me.
                                                                  Im sure in two years time he will be much bigger though, that's my point
                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

Im sure in two years time he will be much bigger though, that's my point
                                                                    I doubt he gets much taller at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by drake29 View Post
                                                                      I doubt he gets much taller at this point.
                                                                      I agree, in general when a kid is this mature from a muscular standpoint there isn't much growing left. Could he pack on some muscle, sure but I doubt he ever gets above 6'.
                                                                      Last edited by Luckylucci; 03-31-2015, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
                                                                        I would prefer to never have a QB under 6 ft again. When we do so well recruiting 6'6"-6'8' linemen, it'd be a shame to recruit more QBs that can't see over them.

That's probably unfair because I bet Tate will be a good one and I'm sure we'll see plenty of sub 6' QBs have success.
                                                                        Agree, to me 6'2" is the absolute minimum.

Comment

Top QB visiting USC

Visiting USC tomorrow. In the above thread on Trojan247 there's an interesting discussion of Tate. The typical size issue was brought up, but the greater concern is not necessarily his height but his hand size. Apparently there have been a number of pictures floating around of him gripping underinflated balls (such as below). Their substitute insiders are saying it may be a real issue at the next level.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Top 5 Colleges 1. USC 2. TCU 3. Texas A&amp;M 4. Oregon 5. Notre Dame</p>&mdash; Tate Martell™ (@TheTateMartell) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheTateMartell/status/591748791419568128">April 24, 2015</a></blockquote>

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                                                              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Top 5 Colleges
                                                                              1. USC
                                                                              2. TCU
                                                                              3. Texas A&amp;M
                                                                              4. Oregon
                                                                              5. Notre Dame</p>&mdash; Tate Martell™ (@TheTateMartell) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheTateMartell/status/591748791419568128">April 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                                                              You better put ND on that list if you wanna keep tossing it around at Fertitta Field.

He's going to the University of Sark.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                ($)
                                                                                LOS ANGELES — Rivals100 quarterback Tate Martell put Notre Dame in his top five a few weeks ago, he explains why the Irish made the shortlist of schools.
                                                                                https://notredame.rivals.com/barrier...sp&cid=1765865
                                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  ($)
                                                                                  LOS ANGELES — Rivals100 quarterback Tate Martell put Notre Dame in his top five a few weeks ago, he explains why the Irish made the shortlist of schools.
                                                                                  https://notredame.rivals.com/barrier...sp&cid=1765865
                                                                                  So you are saying he included ND in his list of schools due to ND bagmen?
                                                                                  Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post

Maybe unfair, but accurate. Great talent upside, but the height will impact him at the next level if he doesn't grow to at least 6ft. If you are run heavy OK, but if you want a balance, field vision is a must have with an O-Line heights these days.

Guessing he's already at USC in his mind. Wants to board Nico airways for a few trips to the Bend this year including Oct17
                                                                                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tradition is a big factor for 2017 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rivals100?src=hash">#Rivals100</a> QB Tate Martell. Where does that put <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a>? <a href="http://t.co/M3d4gKo8NC">http://t.co/M3d4gKo8NC</a> <a href="http://t.co/Lw8jx8hGnW">pic.twitter.com/Lw8jx8hGnW</a></p>&mdash; Rivals.com (@Rivals) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rivals/status/598978629855350784">May 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I will no longer do any interviews for anyone unless they are free and viewable to the public.</p>&mdash; Tate Martell™ (@TheTateMartell) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheTateMartell/status/604382816709681152">May 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

That's kind of awesome actually.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by ResLife Hero View Post
                                                                                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tradition is a big factor for 2017 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rivals100?src=hash">#Rivals100</a> QB Tate Martell. Where does that put <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a>?
                                                                                          <a href="http://t.co/M3d4gKo8NC">http://t.co/M3d4gKo8NC</a> <a href="http://t.co/Lw8jx8hGnW">pic.twitter.com/Lw8jx8hGnW</a></p>&mdash; Rivals.com (@Rivals) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rivals/status/598978629855350784">May 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                                                                          Okay. I like him already.
                                                                                          Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I will no longer do any interviews for anyone unless they are free and viewable to the public.</p>&mdash; Tate Martell™ (@TheTateMartell) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheTateMartell/status/604382816709681152">May 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

Automatically my favorite prospect.

Comment

• #47

To the top quote I say... What was the U Dub tradition that made him, a San Diego kid, commit there first? He must be related to Steve Entmann (sp). I give that a 8 on the Blah Blah Blah scale.

As to the second quote.... Big reps to that kid! Flex your muscles TM! He shouldn't have to pay to see what is written about himself and I'm sure its illegal by some governing body to be given a free membership.

What if players end up only using one service...like shoes. Such as, Bishop Gorman is a Nike and Tate Martell is a Rivals guy?

.

Comment

• #48

Is there something that happened that triggered this decision? That definitely shows a lot of character if he just decided to do this on his own and I have no reason to think otherwise, but just wondering.
                                                                                                I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  lol whats the betting his rankings will tumble now :D
                                                                                                  Totally agree with him though and I think its a really cool development
                                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    I think this decision with the media stems from him being from Gorman.

He's not impressed with all the media hoopla that a kid from another public school may be who just gets excited to talk to reporters.

going to school at BG, this is just second nature so its given him the balls to make this statement....props to the kid

sory if this is confusing.
                                                                                                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X