Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'17 TX CB Akayleb Evans (Missouri Commit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '17 TX CB Akayleb Evans (Missouri Commit)

CB
    McKinney, TX
    McKinney HS

Measurements:
    Ht: 6-2
    Wt: 188

Rankings:

247 Comp.....
    Rivals............
    ESPN.............

Offers:
    Notre Dame ..... (Grad Transfer Offer ..... 5-17-21

Tulsa ..... Commit/Signed 2017

Media Links:

Highlights:

Comment

Grad transfer with 2 years to play.

Also offered by:

Jackson State
      Nebraska
      Wazzu
      Minnesota
      TCU
      SMU
      Miss St
      WVU
      Ore St
      Louisville
      Tex Tech
      K State

Seems like a good egg.

Comment

This is a 6-2 CB with feet like this.

Comment

I likey

Comment

I judge corners by their lowlights, not their highlights. But there is a lot to like with his length and speed.

Comment

Would be a huge depth piece with two years left. We need experienced corners. Really hope we land this young man
              Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

He’s a good tackler which would certainly please Freeman.

My main question or somewhat cause for hmmm would be in Nickel, who’s the 5th DB?

Brown, Bracy and Wallace have seen time there. Then you have the Rover group. Is there any opportunity to have Henderson or Hart, both of whom have shown real potential on the field somewhere still instead of one of the aforementioned names?

Comment

From watching the portal, unless he adds another major offer, I saw some OSU mentions, I’d be surprised if he wasn’t Irish soon. Unless you’re Henry To’o To’o, guys haven’t been sitting with “offers” from schools like ND for very long. He’s also been in the portal for less than a week and ND already offered after a spring of silence transfer wise.

Comment

His hips are very fluid, no lag. Always like 6'1" & 6'2" DB's

Comment

Prister/247 did a... 'In the Film, Room'.

FREEBIE

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...ans-165508685/

Comment

Couple of tidbits on this kid from Driskell:
                        1. He only allowed 15 catches all season last year, which in the AAC is impressive.
                        2. He’s also believed to be the best player on Tulsa’s defense last year, which if you haven’t seen they had a linebacker go in the first round this year.

Definitely could be a great player to add to the roster.
                        Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

So this guy isn't just in the fills-a-need category but is potentially a difference maker?

EDIT: Collins (the linebacker) was the conference's defensive POY whereas Evans didn't get any all-conference honors. So it doesn't seem to have been a widely held belief.
                          Last edited by Pops Freshenmeyer; 05-18-2021, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
                            Couple of tidbits on this kid from Driskell:

2. He’s also believed to be the best player on Tulsa’s defense last year, which if you haven’t seen they had a linebacker go in the first round this year.

That's a pretty tough belief to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                              So this guy isn't just in the fills-a-need category but is potentially a difference maker?
                              I’d say he’s below what Driskell said but still a legit upgrade. Tulsa’s other CB some would have as better than Evans, and I’d certainly say saying he’s better than a 1st Rounder is wrong. I would say the McCloud spectrum is probably right, legit upgrade, instantly #1 CB, not like all-world though lol.

Comment

That’s what he said an nfl scout was saying, so I’m not sure where the disconnect is. And it wasn’t for the whole year, just that he had a couple games where he was the best defensive player on the team. Just posting some info
                                Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                  From watching the portal, unless he adds another major offer, I saw some OSU mentions, I’d be surprised if he wasn’t Irish soon. Unless you’re Henry To’o To’o, guys haven’t been sitting with “offers” from schools like ND for very long. He’s also been in the portal for less than a week and ND already offered after a spring of silence transfer wise.

and there’s your competition

Comment

Pete K in the house...

Comment

so both of Tulsa's starting corners are transferring now looking for P5 starting gigs
                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

I generalized above what most transfers do, Evans appears to be very much the exception. Rare to report offers and Top 5s for a grad transfer. Probably didn’t have much of a HS process so maybe enjoying it

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

I generalized above what most transfers do, Evans appears to be very much the exception. Rare to report offers and Top 5s for a grad transfer. Probably didn’t have much of a HS process so maybe enjoying it
                                          Mizzou's DB coach is the guy that recruited him to Tulsa out of high school so they are expected to be the frontrunner
                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Notre Dame Visit Set for Tulsa Cornerback Transfer Akayleb Evans (247sports.com)

Taking an ND OV June 2nd but it sounds like he wants to get back to Texas and the Texas schools have the best shot. At least that's per 247 writer Mike Roach.

Comment

More:

Comment

2 years of eligibility left as well.

Comment

June 2 is here. Let's see if BK and the rest of his salesmen are ready. ABC baby!

Comment

https://n.rivals.com/news/rumor-mill...fer-tracker-31

Akayleb Evans
                                                    released his top five of Texas, Missouri, Notre Dame, Texas Tech and Jackson State over the weekend, and the Tulsa defensive back has been very popular since hitting the portal. Jackson State was the one surprise in the group, as it was expected that Nebraska would fill out his five, and Deion Sanders' team was considered a long shot.

So now what happens with Evans? He continues to be very quiet about his plans, with Texas considered the leader by most. In fact, he took a visit to Texas on June 1, the first day he could, and things went well. Notre Dame could get the next visit and that could be key, but keep an eye on Missouri here as the Tigers have picked up some momentum.

Evans’ relationship with assistant coach Aaron Fletcher, one of his former coaches at Tulsa who is now at Mizzou, is strong and will definitely play a big part in his decision. Evans’ defensive backfield teammate at Tulsa,
                                                    Allie Green
                                                    , has been rumored to be a package deal with Evans but I’m not sure that’s the case as a few schools I’ve talked to haven’t offered Green. This is where Jackson State and Deion would be interesting. Stay tuned.
                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Comment

Sounds like we have a lead here right now and it depends on his Missouri visit.
                                                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

is that the Brian Kelly dance?

Comment

Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                            is that the Brian Kelly dance?
                                                            That's one of my favorite BK locker room moments; it's a toss up between that and drinking Gatorade out of the Legends Trophy and the Frank Leahy Memorial Bowl.

And BK Homeboy is the stuff of legends. Really seems like BK 3.0 is having a ball these past 4 years.
                                                            My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Seems to have kept it close to the vest. Not sure what'll happen here
                                                                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Missouri coaches have put up 2 commit bat-signals. One was for Connor Wood, the other....

Comment

Loy saying Mizzu feels better than ND. Young man has a choice between ND, Texas, UGA, and he chooses Mizzu. For a coach. Man, I hope that works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                          Loy saying Mizzu feels better than ND. Young man has a choice between ND, Texas, UGA, and he chooses Mizzu. For a coach. Man, I hope that works out for you.
                                                                          It's interesting really. I feel like for vast majority of instances this year, the portal has been in favor of the coaches, not the players. There are only so many roster spots this year, especially with the NCAA granting extra eligibility for some players. Couple that with coaches not wanting to create a roster problem in 2022, and coaches can be really selective and there are so many players in the portal. So here is a kid that not only bucks that trend, but has some really big time programs willing to make room for him. I guess he will get to play in the SEC with Mizzou, but man, seems like a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                            Alright, let's move on. It pains me inside to see someone make this decision but each person must live with their choices.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              He's already familiar with one of the coaches and perhaps he's even more likely to get playing time there than here (I'm not sure of their CB depth).
                                                                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Mike Farrell saying that one source at one of the schools said that as of last night it was ND. But final decision wasn’t made.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  He looks like he coul ddefinitely help us. Id assume he would have to be a starter. Hopefull yhe chosses the good guys.
                                                                                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Farrell’s take: FACT. The big and talented cornerback has to be close to a decision unless he decides to visit Georgia as the Bulldogs were a late offer. To me, it’s down to Notre Dame and Missouri and despite Mizzou having his former coach, Aaron Fletcher, on staff Notre Dame is obviously hard to beat in recruiting and offers a bigger stage for Evans, who seems hungry to prove himself at the highest level. That and academics will allow the Irish to win this battle.
                                                                                    EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      he has to pick ND today right to make sure he enrolls and starts classes on Monday?? Is this the same case for Mizzou? If not then it bodes very well for ND
                                                                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                        he has to pick ND today right to make sure he enrolls and starts classes on Monday?? Is this the same case for Mizzou? If not then it bodes very well for ND
                                                                                        On the other hand, because ND starts classes on Monday, if he wants to pick Mizzou over ND he has to make that decision today.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

On the other hand, because ND starts classes on Monday, if he wants to pick Mizzou over ND he has to make that decision today.
                                                                                          he has the UGA offer now though in his pocket, he could wait and then visit them also if ND wasn't the pick
                                                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Is this 7pm eastern, central, mountain, pacific?
                                                                                            I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                                                                              prob central if he's back home in Texas

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                                                                                I'm guessing here but I'd say central, so it should hopefully be in the next 5-10 minutes. He posted a commitment countdown around 9 hours ago that had 9:45 remaining on it.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Missouri

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                                                                    Missouri
                                                                                                    Ugh.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X