Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'16 FL S Spencer Perry (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will wear #31
    Last edited by dublinirish; 03-15-2016, 10:54 AM.
    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Tweener number, not sexy

edit: 31 is better than 33
      Last edited by NDdomer2; 03-15-2016, 11:48 AM.
      Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
        will wear #31
        Perfect if Studstill gets #13.

Comment

• at this point in the season im guessing that perry will redshirt. does any know how he's been doing in practice? also will he stay at SS or make the move to LB?

I like the idea of perry moving to LB and then jalen Elliot moving to SS, get more athletes on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post
            at this point in the season im guessing that perry will redshirt. does any know how he's been doing in practice? also will he stay at SS or make the move to LB?

I like the idea of perry moving to LB and then jalen Elliot moving to SS, get more athletes on the field.
            Maybe I'm confusing him, but I thought that Perry was the guy that the staff saw in camp and immediately thought "redshirt to transition to linebacker".

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
              Maybe I'm confusing him, but I thought that Perry was the guy that the staff saw in camp and immediately thought "redshirt to transition to linebacker".
              I don't think so. I believe he has been playing special teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                It's hard for me to keep track of all these freshmen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                  unless their a difference maker I hate wasting a year of eligibility on special teams.

Comment

unless their a difference maker I hate wasting a year of eligibility on special teams.
                    Like Javon Mckinley? I get you have to keep these kids happy but sit them down and tell them to take one for the team

Comment

I would imagine that it is kind of hard to look these kids in the face and tell them that the University requires them to make the academic progress required to graduate in 4 years, each semester, but then encourage them to sit so that they can preserve a year of eligibility.

Comment

• Transferring
                        "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• Dang.

Comment

• Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                            Transferring
                            What's the scoop? Hate to see him transferring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                              Transferring
                              doesn't surprise me one bit as IMO he a man without a position. He's hitter but not a good enough athlete to be a S or Rover and just not a fit at LB either.

Comment

• https://irishsportsdaily.com/forums/...es/57809#57809

Per MF, wants to be a safety, not an LB. Being moved to Rover likely prompted this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meatloaf View Post
                                  https://irishsportsdaily.com/forums/...es/57809#57809

Per MF, wants to be a safety, not an LB. Being moved to Rover likely prompted this.
                                  That's a little disappointing. I believe if Perry accepted what he is, he could be a productive utility player in this scheme at some point.

Also, if I was a "bigger" S and saw what type of production Thomas Brown had under Elko last season, I'd be begging to be put at Rover. You get to do all the "fun" stuff. Brown had 4 sacks and 8.5 TFL's. He was 3rd in tackles, 4th in sacks, and 3rd in TFL's.

Comment

• His roster twin, DJ Morgan just got a raise.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                      His roster twin, DJ Morgan just got a raise.
                                      Physically, DJ Morgan looks like a patented "undersized" SEC linebacker, aka a bulked up safety that can fly around and cause college offenses nightmares from OLB.

Comment

• Look at the bright side, that's one roster spot back for this fall and '18 recruiting class.

If a player is sure they know better than the coaches, it's best to part ways.

Comment

• Opens another spot on the recruiting trail. The way this year has gone thus far this year for commits, I'll take the trade (Perry for a 4* replacement in a position of need)!

Comment

• Probably a good football decision on his part. Maybe playing for Charlie Strong at South Florida would be a good move. Assuming he would like to return to Florida.

Comment

• I really liked him coming out of high school. But he is not a safety. Rover would be his spot, but I guess he doesn't see it that way.

Wish the kid nothing but good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• good luck, but he looked atrocious in tackling drills and couldn't bring a walk on down....and as lucci said...rover is the fun position and is being utilized more and more by nfl teams...he got buried on the depth chart and was only going to go further down
                                                EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• This brings up a pleasant reminder:

TIAR.

There.Is.Always.Room

The next time we're wondering why the staff hasn't offered someone that seems to be a no-doubt, should-offer prospect, and then someone counters with "small class, no room!" just give 'em the old TIAR.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brian Kelly says Spencer Perry has been a great member of their program, they won&#39;t restrict where he transfers to.</p>&mdash; Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) <a href="https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/850348818830942208">April 7, 2017</a></blockquote>
                                                    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Originally posted by dwshade View Post
                                                      Probably a good football decision on his part. Maybe playing for Charlie Strong at South Florida would be a good move. Assuming he would like to return to Florida.
                                                      He's from Alabama right? Maybe he transfers to UAB

Comment

• Originally posted by NewBrunswickIrish View Post
                                                        He's from Alabama right? Maybe he transfers to UAB
                                                        correct-Auburn, Ala but just played at img

Comment

• Don't mind it at all, kid wasn't going to play much if at all this year and I'd rather use the scholarship on the deep DB class in this years class.

Comment

• Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                            correct-Auburn, Ala but just played at img
                                                            Actually he's from Newnan, Ga. which is a fairly short drive down to Auburn.

Comment

• played at Auburn High School in Auburn, Alabama, Newnan High School in Newnan, Georgia and The Heritage School in Newnan, Georgia

Comment

• Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                                played at Auburn High School in Auburn, Alabama, Newnan High School in Newnan, Georgia and The Heritage School in Newnan, Georgia
                                                                And IMG. lol. Given that track record he may end up at 3 or 4 colleges.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                  This brings up a pleasant reminder:

TIAR.

There.Is.Always.Room

The next time we're wondering why the staff hasn't offered someone that seems to be a no-doubt, should-offer prospect, and then someone counters with "small class, no room!" just give 'em the old TIAR.
                                                                  Exactly! You hear that Odie!?

Comment

• Originally posted by ResLife Hero View Post
                                                                    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brian Kelly says Spencer Perry has been a great member of their program, they won't restrict where he transfers to.</p>&mdash; Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) <a href="https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/850348818830942208">April 7, 2017</a></blockquote>
                                                                    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                    While gracious, that's something you do when you're not worried about it biting you in the butt down the road.

Comment

• Saw that Spencer is in the Transfer Portal.

Comment

• Comment

• Man, this guy has been on some trip.

Comment

• Heritage School (GA) --> Newnan HS (GA) ---> Auburn HS (AL) ---> IMG Academy --> ND --> SoAL --> UNI --> AL.A&M

That's a record of some sort.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                            Working...
                                                                            X