Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'16 FL S Spencer Perry (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '16 FL S Spencer Perry (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Safety
    Bradenton, FL (IMG Academy)

Measurements

Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 202

Rankings

Rivals: 5.7 Rating, #56 FL, #39 S, #NR Overall
    247: 87 Rating, #84 FL, #50 S, #663 Overall
    Scout: #40 S Overall
    ESPN: 80 Rating, #66 FL, #30 S, #NR Overall

247 Composite: 86.7 Rating, #73 FL, #28 S, #504 Overall

Offers
    Arizona
    Auburn
    Clemson
    Florida
    Georgia Southern
    Indiana
    Kentucky
    Memphis
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    Mississippi State
    Notre Dame
    Ohio State
    Oregon
    Pittsburgh
    South Alabama
    Southern Miss
    Vanderbilt

Highlights:
    Spencer Perry - Hudl
    <iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/2778130/highlights/220353377' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 01-10-2016, 04:59 PM.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bradenton (Fla.) <a href="https://twitter.com/IMGAcademy">@IMGAcademy</a> safety Spencer Perry can relate to Irish assistant Autry Denson. The two talk daily. <a href="http://t.co/BRpA1EbLGY">http://t.co/BRpA1EbLGY</a></p>&mdash; Andrew Ivins (@BGI_aivins) <a href="https://twitter.com/BGI_aivins/status/576030027877253121">March 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Su'a Cravens

Comment

Originally posted by drake29 View Post
        Su'a Cravens
        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

6'3 safety? Yes please.

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
            Rotflmao

Comment

That high school would beat a couple D1 teams

Comment

It'll be interesting to see just how good they are this year.

Comment

Committed to Florida.

Comment

Because he's a teammate of Tony Jones Jr. and I keep seeing him mention ND I thought I'd post this. Recently visited Auburn and seemed to really like it. Will continue to take visits and the schools he's targeting are Ohio State, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame and Michigan. Also, will be going back to Auburn.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                      Committed to Florida.
                      Because he's a teammate of Tony Jones Jr. and I keep seeing him mention ND I thought I'd post this. Recently visited Auburn and seemed to really like it. Will continue to take visits and the schools he's targeting are Ohio State, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame and Michigan. Also, will be going back to Auburn.
                      Sounds like he's committed to the Gators until he changes his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                        Sounds like he's committed to the Gators until he changes his mind.
                        Holding a spot, its all the rage in CFB now. Coaches are full on pitching this and kids are doing it. I think its playing with fire but what do I care. We don't seem to be playing that game as much.

Comment

Holding a spot, its all the rage in CFB now. Coaches are full on pitching this and kids are doing it. I think its playing with fire but what do I care. We don't seem to be playing that game as much.
                          Because its bullshit and ND prefers to deal with honesty?

Comment

Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                            Because its bullshit and ND prefers to deal with honesty?
                            Yep and I also think it creates less stress when we get towards the end of the cycle.

Comment

Because he's a teammate of Tony Jones Jr. and I keep seeing him mention ND I thought I'd post this. Recently visited Auburn and seemed to really like it. Will continue to take visits and the schools he's targeting are Ohio State, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame and Michigan. Also, will be going back to Auburn to pick up the rest of the cash they promised him.
                              FIFY

And I don't mean that as if this kid is the type that would take cash, it's really just a gratuitous shot at Auburn.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Florida safety commit Spencer Perry is headed to the Irish Invasion, and he&#39;s bringing his family with him .. Story: <a href="http://t.co/UpdTYGe4Ux">http://t.co/UpdTYGe4Ux</a></p>&mdash; BlueandGold.com (@BGInews) <a href="https://twitter.com/BGInews/status/606460660080353280">June 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Comment

UPDATED this info in master s thread

Comment

Loy with the CB.

Perry will be at II.

Comment

This is what drives me nuts about Loy he talked to Tony Jones and flipped his CB. of course a 15 year old will tell you what you want to hear when it regards a school HE'S COMMITTED TOO. What do you think Jones was gonna tell Loy
                                      Last edited by GBdomer; 06-22-2015, 05:12 PM.

Comment

God knows we need safety's bad. We are boned if Redfield goes pro early.

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                          God knows we need safety's bad. We are boned if Redfield goes pro early.
                                          The same guy who was benched for Dru Tanquill? Unless he plays like Ed Reed this year I don't see it. All world potential though

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                            The same guy who was benched for Dru Tanquill? Unless he plays like Ed Reed this year I don't see it. All world potential though
                                            Benched or not still best option for next two years currently.
                                            Prehistoric

Comment

Coach Lyght is really influencing him. Sounds like a good connection there. He's visiting several other schools as well.

Comment

BGI has him on commit watch. They seem to think there is a fair chance we can flip him on the spot.

Comment

Per Thomas

"He's just about in"

Same with Studstill

Think of this Okeke might get left out of this class

Comment

Any other kids from IMG that we are pushing form in 16 or 17?
                                                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                      Per Thomas

"He's just about in"

Same with Studstill

Think of this Okeke might get left out of this class
                                                      Tj commented at II that the staff is in position to take 4 safeties. I assume it depends on who and the versatility

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After further research, I have chosen to decomit from UF. Thanks to the coaching staff @ UF.</p>&mdash; A.$.A.P Perry (@Black___Jesus7) <a href="https://twitter.com/Black___Jesus7/status/613098976015949824">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                                        This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After further research, I have chosen to decomit from UF. Thanks to the coaching staff @ UF.</p>&mdash; A.$.A.P Perry (@Black___Jesus7) <a href="https://twitter.com/Black___Jesus7/status/613098976015949824">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                                          It wont be long :)

Comment

Steve just threw down a CB

Comment

Originally posted by jerboski View Post
                                                              It wont be long :)
                                                              I hope that you are right...I love this guy's game!

Comment

Excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Booslum31 View Post
                                                                  I hope that you are right...I love this guy's game!
                                                                  I love our chances and wouldnt be surprised if he is the "secret" recruit mentioned by Loy this weekend

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I joined <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247">@TomLoy247</a> in putting in a <a href="https://twitter.com/247CrystalBall">@247CrystalBall</a> forecast in favor of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a> for safety Spencer Perry: <a href="http://t.co/SL26kniTap">http://t.co/SL26kniTap</a></p>&mdash; Steve Wiltfong (@SWiltfong247) <a href="https://twitter.com/SWiltfong247/status/613104013626712065">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

Comment

:)

Comment

close the deal and get another safety on board
                                                                        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Anna spoke with him. No plans to commit to ND now. She still expects it to happen before Aug 1

Comment

I wanted to ask you guys who are WAY more knowledgeable than me about all things recruiting... Perry's thread seemed to be the perfect place for the query, as he's a solid example of what confuses me:

Why is it, sometimes, that a recruit's star power and offer lists are seemingly so far out of whack? They have this kid listed as a 3-star, but to me, that offer list is pretty damn impressive!

I follow recruiting through you guys, and your great insights, so I don't put a lot of stock in those star ratings, but I'm just curious how it happens that, apparently, top schools see an athlete as someone they really want, but the recruiting services don't reflect that love.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by CurtisCandy View Post
                                                                              Why is it, sometimes, that a recruit's star power and offer lists are seemingly so far out of whack? They have this kid listed as a 3-star, but to me, that offer list is pretty damn impressive!
                                                                              There's simply too much talent in states like Texas, Florida and California to accurately rate all of them. There's also a limited number of 4 and 5 ratings to go around, and for marketing reasons, the recruiting services have an incentive to spread them around regionally. So lots of very promising prospects in those deep talent states end up at a 3 rating by default. But when a 3 kid like Perry starts getting lots of attention from elite programs, the recruiting services will give him a closer look. If he dances to their tune (by attending camps, giving interviews, helping them build hype, etc.) they'll frequently give him a bump.

But it's always wise to take such ratings with a big grain of salt. Our staff is much better at scouting than most of the clowns who work for 247, Scout, ESPN, etc.
                                                                              Last edited by Whiskeyjack; 06-22-2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                I wanted to ask you guys who are WAY more knowledgeable than me about all things recruiting... Perry's thread seemed to be the perfect place for the query, as he's a solid example of what confuses me:

I follow recruiting through you guys, and your great insights, so I don't put a lot of stock in those star ratings, but I'm just curious how it happens that, apparently, top schools see an athlete as someone they really want, but the recruiting services don't reflect that love.
                                                                                Most evals I know for rivals is how they rank as future NFL prospects and not what they currently are. I also know Rivals puts way, way too much stock in shorts and t shirt events. I also wouldn't be surprised if they just watched highlight tapes and on some kids. Of course everyone's highlight tape looks good. Also believe scheme fit has a lot to do with things. Kids with their size now could have 5 star potential if everything pans out but only plays like a two star at the moment. I know others could add more to this but that's the way I think it goes for most. Hope I helped answering your question. Also a lot of sites just disagree with kids. Look at Eichenberg for example

Comment

• #41

Great question... not sure I know the answer, but here's what I tend to see when someone has a "who's who" offer list but three star rating:
                                                                                  1. They're a "raw" prospect so they're rated lower because their film doesn't justify them being rated higher or they're simply playing a position in HS that is different than what DI colleges project them at. Colleges are willing to gamble because of their upside. OR
                                                                                  2. They're from a prominent school/recruiting area which makes it easy for colleges to have scouted them or know their coach and extend an an early offer. OR
                                                                                  3. They don't really have all those offers, but have "reported" that they do... this is sometimes done to drum up interest with other schools. Like if a kid from Michigan thinks they're close to an offer from Michigan, they might report offers/interest from MSU, OSU, or ND to make them seem in demand. Coby Fleener from Stanford had eye opening stuff to say about marketing yourself if you're not a "national" recruit.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                    Great question... not sure I know the answer, but here's what I tend to see when someone has a "who's who" offer list but three star rating:
                                                                                    1. They're a "raw" prospect so they're rated lower because their film doesn't justify them being rated higher or they're simply playing a position in HS that is different than what DI colleges project them at. Colleges are willing to gamble because of their upside. OR
                                                                                    2. They're from a prominent school/recruiting area which makes it easy for colleges to have scouted them or know their coach and extend an an early offer. OR
                                                                                    3. They don't really have all those offers, but have "reported" that they do... this is sometimes done to drum up interest with other schools. Like if a kid from Michigan thinks they're close to an offer from Michigan, they might report offers/interest from MSU, OSU, or ND to make them seem in demand. Coby Fleener from Stanford had eye opening stuff to say about marketing yourself if you're not a "national" recruit.
                                                                                    I'd add
                                                                                    4. they are not from a prominent school/area, but are absolutely killing it (aka stud fish in a small pond with great measurables)
                                                                                    5. killing it on the camp circuit, and ratings haven't caught up
                                                                                    6. not doing the circuit, but great tape
                                                                                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Thanks, guys! All of that makes sense.

I guess no matter where we go or what we do, there's always gonna be some level of "politics" involved.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        someone posted something in regards to perry being a silent commit and Sharpley 247 just put a smiley face and then said he was was impressive in person too ...tifwiw

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Do we know how legit that 6'3" is? Redfield was 6'3" and shrunk 2 inches when he left high school....

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            sounds very good to me. make me silently happy-not out loud
                                                                                            I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                                                              someone posted something in regards to perry being a silent commit and Sharpley 247 just put a smiley face and then said he was was impressive in person too ...tifwiw
                                                                                              This pleases me.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                The dreaded silent commit.......

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Can schools send/give recruits memorabilia? In Sampsons last retweet of him you can see what looks to be ND gloves and cleats? Also a few other team's colors of gloves and cleats.
                                                                                                  "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                                                                                                    Can schools send/give recruits memorabilia? In Sampsons last retweet of him you can see what looks to be ND gloves and cleats? Also a few other team's colors of gloves and cleats.
                                                                                                    i saw that to from last year's shamrock series...idk

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X