Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'16 OH OG Cain Madden (Notre Dame Commit)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '16 OH OG Cain Madden (Notre Dame Commit)

OG
    Marshall University
    Minford, OH
    Minford HS

Committed to Notre Dame on 6-4-21

Measurements
    Ht: 6-3
    Wt: 315

Ratings
    247 ............... NR
    ESPN ........... NR
    Rivals ........... NR
    Scout ............ NR

Offers
    Marshall (Walk-on)

Media Links
    Twitter = https://twitter.com/MaddenCain
    Hudl = https://www.hudl.com/profile/3035014/Cain-Madden

Highlights
    Last edited by BobbyMac; 06-09-2021, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Lucky or Dale posted yesterday that he might come per Rivals.

Loy/247 saying now he's expected to visit next weekend.

Josh Newkirk at FSU/247 CB'd him to FSU yesterday btw.

Comment

FSU seem sto be making gravy in the portal this year. Id bet he will end up there
        "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
          FSU seem sto be making gravy in the portal this year. Id bet he will end up there
          He’d probably have a better shot at starting at FSU

Comment

Landing Gibbons and Madden would really go a long way in making their oline at least average.

I was already sweating that game a bit since it’s on the road in a hostile environment and ND will be breaking in a lot of new starters. First full capacity road game for a lot of these kids and I expect Milton to be an upgrade at QB.

Not saying I think FSU will win but I expected it to be a tight game. Hopefully Madden comes to South Bend for a year instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishize View Post

He’d probably have a better shot at starting at FSU
              I don’t think he’d have a problem starting at ND either. A lot of people have a true freshman starting at RG for ND. A second team all American shouldn’t have a problem starting at either school right now.

Comment

I love the idea of him coming.

It gives Rocco a year to get ND ready and it helps some other guys on the roster see their future.

Comment

If we get him it'd be absolutely huge, he is surely better than throwing a true freshman to the wolves. He's going to be making a football first decision so it'll be interesting to see what kind of sales pitch he gets from each school.

Comment

Why would you not come to ND if you're him? World class education and the chance to get drafted high in the league. We just had 3 dudes go in the top 3 rounds. Best of both worlds.... No brainer imo
                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                      If we get him it'd be absolutely huge, he is surely better than throwing a true freshman to the wolves. He's going to be making a football first decision so it'll be interesting to see what kind of sales pitch he gets from each school.
                      IF Quinn promises him a starting spot, how does he pass on a guy who puts Pro Bowlers in the League at every stop?

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                        Why would you not come to ND if you're him? World class education and the chance to get drafted high in the league. We just had 3 dudes go in the top 3 rounds. Best of both worlds.... No brainer imo
                        Not sure how much education he’ll be looking to do, which is perfectly fine. You’re likely looking for someone to enroll in summer classes and the bare minimum in the fall then he’s done. If he’s comfortable at ND + staff conveys a 100% starting spot I’d think he’s Irish due to the second reason you listed, the Draft

Comment

The guy pry wants to play every snap. Telling him he’ll be sharing some snaps with a freshman may not be his #1 selling point.

Putting my money elsewhere but hope I’m wrong. The FSU landing spot makes sense.
                          "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

Not sure how much education he’ll be looking to do, which is perfectly fine. You’re likely looking for someone to enroll in summer classes and the bare minimum in the fall then he’s done. If he’s comfortable at ND + staff conveys a 100% starting spot I’d think he’s Irish due to the second reason you listed, the Draft
                            exactly. He's got a degree and is going to the NFL. The grad year is to improve is draft status. Who will do it? The team who puts OLM in the league every year or the team who fires their OL coach every year while sucking. Thats the way we get this guy. He'll start or he's not coming.

Plus being from the midwest might help.

Comment

FREEBIE from Wiltfong/247

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...ase-165832749/

On Friday, Irish Illustrated and 247Sports reported that there is plenty of interest between Notre Dame and the 6-3, 315-pounder. In fact, we're told that he'll take a visit to Notre Dame at some point next weekend, June 4-6. That will come following a visit to Florida State, which is expected to occur from June 1-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

I guess I assumed they are actually trying to graduate still. Would try to take advantage of the situation personally but you're right if it's purely Football get in and take an online class and get to the league

Comment

Staff wouldn’t be pursuing him if they didn’t think he wasn’t going to start.

Comment

on his visit to Florida State today
                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Supposed to be in SB tomorrow.

Comment

Do you want to be a 'savior' on FSU's o-line*, or do you want to join the OLU brotherhood**?

The choice is yours.

*Guaranteed starting spot
                                        **No promises on a starting spot, but a friendly interior OL depth chart and a very clear recent history of draft picks

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                          Do you want to be a 'savior' on FSU's o-line*, or do you want to join the OLU brotherhood**?

The choice is yours.

*Guaranteed starting spot
                                          **No promises on a starting spot, but a friendly interior OL depth chart and a very clear recent history of draft picks
                                          He's been named an All American by multiple outlets. He can't possibly have any fear of beating out the second best OG on ND's roster.

And he's on campus right now per MattFreeman/ISD

Comment

The no promise for a staring spot is unlikely. We're retooling our whole o line and he's one of the top guards in all of college football. Would be a huge addition if not a necessary one. It's along the lines of 'Would you prefer Aaron Banks return or declare for the nfl'?

Comment

Very much having the talent to start versus staff promising he will are different though. I don’t disagree it seems clear he would but the staff may not share the same view as a PFF grade and new scheme etc does not mean they will promise anything. If Madden is confident in his ability may not matter but I don’t think it’s out of the realm to ponder what the staff will convey to him

Comment

The fact is, OL U isn't going to waste anyone's time here with the "come in and compete" line of thinking. ND doesn't have a returning starter at OG. He's the All American, not the two guys who will eventually win the spots if he goes elsewhere. Cain Madden has zero fear of not being a starting OG for ND Week 1 vs FSU.

ND's gonna tell him they expect him to start. They'll tell him OL U never thought about shopping in free agency until he came on the market. Plus, Quinn's gonna show him his underrated HS prospects that he made All-Pro's. Hell, won't surprise me if we find out Quinn recruited him at Buffalo.

Comment

Did ND drop him off at the football office in a tiny Can-Am Spyder?

Comment

Nope.......he got his own Vespa for the ND tour.........

Comment

What did Davonte do?

Comment

Printer thinks ND is expected to land him
                                                        "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Bill Connelly’s dumb computer just broke

Will be one of the top OLs in the country yet again

Comment

The Dump Truck, awesome. I bet that nickname has more than one meaning lol.
                                                            I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

Another NFL oline draft pick for us lol

Comment

Huge pickup. Think this will be looked back on as a bigger deal than some are expecting

Comment

"Madden's pass blocking has been great, with zero sacks and hits allowed this season, but his run-blocking has been on another level. Madden’s 93.4 run-blocking grade is nearly five grading points higher than that of any other FBS guard." - PFF

Me like

Comment

beating FSU for him will be sweet also
                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Love it, huge get for the OL. Kyren Williams and Chris Tyree have to be hyped.
                                                                      My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

I thought Quinn couldn't recruit.

Comment

I don't know if he'll be a top level draft pick with another good/great year because of his height but man, I hope he's ready for a season of big boy football!

Comment

Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                                                            The Dump Truck, awesome. I bet that nickname has more than one meaning lol.
                                                                            Miss a couple of key blocks & that name's easy for Irish fans to change into something very similar.
                                                                            Last edited by BobbyMac; 06-04-2021, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              "Of course we get a short OG after Book leaves..."

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                                I thought Quinn couldn't recruit.

He can't. STILL hasn't landed a 247 5 star and hasn't put a single guy he recruited to ND into the NFL.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  https://www.reddit.com/r/fsusports/c...entosouthbend/

poor guys

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Solid addition. Double importance as he would’ve been one of the best OL, if not the best at FSU to open the season.

however, I would assume this pushes an interior OL out as there just won’t be enough reps and snaps to go around. Makes sense why the staff would take 3 interior guys in this class.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                      Solid addition. Double importance as he would’ve been one of the best OL, if not the best at FSU to open the season.

however, I would assume this pushes an interior OL out as there just won’t be enough reps and snaps to go around. Makes sense why the staff would take 3 interior guys in this class.
                                                                                      Some Noles on r/cfb were talking a few weeks back about how they weren't feeling confident in their OL after the Gibbons transfer, but would once Madden chose the Noles lol.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Dang they're taking it really well actually

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          "Madden's pass blocking has been great, with zero sacks and hits allowed this season, but his run-blocking has been on another level. Madden’s 93.4 run-blocking grade is nearly five grading points higher than that of any other FBS guard." - PFF

Me like
                                                                                          Kyren and Tyree approve.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Two of the Noles/247 guys waived the white flag and entered CB's for ND.

No one from ND has CB'd him to the Irish.

Oh no... is he stopping in Columbus on the way home???

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Commit signal being put out on twitter by the staff.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                                                .

Oh no... is he stopping in Columbus on the way home???
                                                                                                Harbaugh just called him too

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Blake - Rocco - Zeke - Cain - Patterson?

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Blake - Rocco - Zeke - Cain - Patterson?
                                                                                                    Wouldn't bother me... Maybe flip Cain and Rocco so you got experience mixed with youth on both sides... Then lugg can backup both spots

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X