No announcement yet.

'15 AL CB Jarek Taylor (Samford Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '15 AL CB Jarek Taylor (Samford Verbal)

Cornerback
    Bob Jones HS
    Madison, AL

Measurables
    Height: 5-11
    Weight: 180
    40: 4.4
    Vert: 35
    Shuttle: 4.18
    Bench: 290
    Squat: 470
    100m: 10.85

Stats:

Rankings:
    Rivals: CB NR | National NR | Rivals Rating 5.4
    247: CB #157 | Overall NA
    ESPN: #130 | Grade 71
    Scout: CB # NR | Overall # NR
    247 Composite: CB #140 | Overall #1521

Offers:
    Samford Verbal 1/27/15
    Notre Dame Preferred Walk-on 2/2/15
    CAL
    Charlotte
    FIU
    Memphis
    So. Mississippi
    Temple

ND Recruiter:

Decision Schedule:
    Verballed Samford 1/27/15

Highlights:
    Jarek Taylor '15 DB - Jarek Taylor highlights

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qOkB4DMmQWY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by BGIF; 02-03-2015, 02:19 AM.

Samford Commit Earns Preferred Walk-On Offer From Irish $$$
    by Tom Loy, 57 minutes ago

Madison (Ala.) Bob Jones three-star cornerback Jarek Taylor has been committed to Samford since Jan. 27, but Notre Dame came calling recently with a preferred walk-on offer. More
    Samford Commit Earns Preferred Walk-On Offer From Irish $$$

Comment

Samford Commit Jarek Taylor | SoCon Recruiting

Samford Commit Jarek Taylor
      Posted on February 1, 2015 by SoConRecruiting

Madison, Alabama athlete Jarek Taylor has committed to play college football at Samford. Taylor is 5-11 190 with legitimate 4.4 speed. He could play a number of positions, but will stay at cornerback for the Bulldogs. Jarek notched 100+ tackles from his sophomore season forward and was 2nd team Rivals All-State. He had a number of other offers including California and Memphis but chose home state Samford: Im gonna give it my all on the field and in the classroom. I thank Samford for this world class education. And look forward to this season.

Right when I got to the campus I saw how beautiful it really was, the Coaching staff was fired up & energetic! My position Coach put 3 defensive backs in the NFL in 10 years and played college football at Alabama. The facilities are top of the line. And they put a lot of money behind the program.

Jarek has good cover skills and is very aggressive going after the ball. He is not only fast, but at 190 Lbs. has the strength to battle bigger receivers. Taylor is one of the best SoCon commitments in this class and has a great chance to be all-conference or beyond in years to come.

Comment

HUDL lists him at 5-11, 195, 4.36 and has 9 videos of him and his school games.

Comment

We got a kid with a Cal offer to PWO? Thats awesome.

Comment

Not to mention our first player from Alabama in how long?

Comment

am i misunderstanding the posts/articles or is he still committed to Samford and we have just offered him?
              "im just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said." -Lou Nix III

Comment

The article excerpt says he earned a preferred walk-on offer. Does the article say that he has accepted the offer?

Comment

A warm welcome to Jarek, and the Taylor family. Come ready to play there is a real opportunity to contribute.
                  Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                    Not to mention our first player from Alabama in how long?
                    Recruiting Class of '96

Matt Brennan OL '97-'98-'99
                    Eric Chappell QB '97-'98

Comment

Joe Schmidt should show everyone the value of the PWO program, and not just on special teams.
                      "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                      --Samuel L

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Fam View Post
                        am i misunderstanding the posts/articles or is he still committed to Samford and we have just offered him?

I jumped the gun. Mea culpa! I don't have access to the article. The article title reads "earned" with no mention of acceptance.

I PMed a mod to change the title designation from ND Preferred PO.

Samford University is a 1AA school located in Birmingham, AL. The Bulldogs are in the Southern Conference, coached by Pat Sullivan, a former Auburn QB, and win 7-8 games a year.

Taylor has a choice of a free ride in IAA or finding away to come up with the funds for ND.
                        Last edited by BGIF; 02-03-2015, 02:21 AM.

Comment

N.B.

From running through recruiting sites databases and article tonight I've found his 40 time reported as ranging from 4.36 at a UAB camp to 4.65.

At 5-11, 190 something, he might be a safety if the real 40 time is more like 4.6 than 4.4.

Comment

If he truly wanted a great education and was willing to go away from home why wouldn't he just go to Cal instead of paying 60,000 a year at ND?

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                              If he truly wanted a great education and was willing to go away from home why wouldn't he just go to Cal instead of paying 60,000 a year at ND?
                              Is it still on the table?

Cal has 2 JUCO Safeties signed in this class with one CB and 3 ATHs committed. Is there room?

247 doesn't list any Official Visits to FBS schools.

I did see an article that he went to USM and the now defunct UAB but suspect any visits were on his nickel.

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                Recruiting Class of '96

Matt Brennan OL '97-'98-'99
                                Eric Chappell QB '97-'98
                                Justin Tuck ring a bell?

Comment

Call me crazy, but barring ND being his dream school, I don't see a kid from AL declining a full ride to Cal and coming north to pay ND's tuition. Granted, he would get SOME help in that department, but again- unless ND is his dream school I just don't see it.

Comment

Haven't seen his film, but why not offer this guy? At this point, we're at plan Z with safeties. Just like late in the NFL draft, at this point in the game, you draft/sign for speed or size. He has the speed and by all accounts is versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                      Haven't seen his film, but why not offer this guy? At this point, we're at plan Z with safeties. Just like late in the NFL draft, at this point in the game, you draft/sign for speed or size. He has the speed and by all accounts is versatile.
                                      I would say we'd be better with one more year with a valuable 5th year and then an open scholarship after that than giving up a full four years to Mr. Taylor. If he plays significant time his first year on campus then we've got big problems. If he doesn't then the scholarship is more valuable used elsewhere. JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackalope1977 View Post
                                        I would say we'd be better with one more year with a valuable 5th year and then an open scholarship after that than giving up a full four years to Mr. Taylor. If he plays significant time his first year on campus then we've got big problems. If he doesn't then the scholarship is more valuable used elsewhere. JMO.
                                        Yep, 2015 is a make or break year for Kelly.

Comment

Because he becomes a 4 year commitment. I'd rather give the scholly to a walk on for the year or snag a "better" project at S.

Comment

Because handcuffing ourselves for 4 years with another meh prospect would be stupid, especially with so many quality 5th years to choose from.

Comment

II expects him to stick with him Samford commitment.
                                              This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                              Working...
                                              X