No announcement yet.

'15 CA WR Malik Lovette (Oregon Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '15 CA WR Malik Lovette (Oregon Verbal)

Wide Receiver
    Redlands, California
    East Valley

Ht: 5'11"
    Wt: 188 lbs

RANKINGS:
    24/7: Overall #176
    Rivals: WR #17 | Overall #149

OFFERS:
    Notre Dame
    Arizona State
    Boise State
    California
    Texas A&M
    Texas Tech
    UCLA
    Washington
    Washington State

Malik Lovette - Hudl
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Really like this kid. Perfect Slot WR / ATH for our offense.
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
      Really like this kid. Perfect Slot WR / ATH for our offense.

Agree.

As for his hair...that has to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The kids film is actually really impressive, seems to be a more athletic TJ Jones

Comment

looks like snoop's hair un-cornrowed....if that's a verb.
          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
            looks like snoop's hair un-cornrowed....if that's a verb.
            He needs to put some soul glo in there.

Comment

@ISDUpdate: 2015 California WR @MalikLovette goes in-depth with Irish Sports Daily on his offer from #NotreDame (Premium) Please login |

Comment

not as freakishly fast as I would like but I do love that he has experience playing as rb and a slot receiver
                God Country Notre Dame
                http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ryno 24 View Post
                  not as freakishly fast as I would like but I do love that he has experience playing as rb and a slot receiver
                  I also Lovette.

I'm sorry.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

thats funny I dont care who you are
                    God Country Notre Dame

Comment

Clearly the son of Lyle Lovette. Would fit well with our celebrity fathers club.
                      60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Scout: Will try to visit this spring, if not ND will definitely get an OV. He's honored to get the offer. He plans to visit the Cali schools this spring. He does not want to wait until NSD but he also will not rush the process and take all OVs.

Comment

Had glowing reviews about ND in his recent rivals article

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                            Had glowing reviews about ND in his recent rivals article
                            Nice

Comment

USC offered. His CB is all USC so they could be real competition.

Comment

Per Scott Scharder USC is the clear leader and will land him. But fuck him

"I have very high interest in Notre Dame and I can say they will be in my top-five when the time come for me to narrow my list of schools," said Lovette. "I just hope I can take an official visit there to see if I can be a normal person fr the next four years of my life if I'm unable to play football."

Also said he might take a visit this summer

Comment

Per Scott Scharder USC is the clear leader and will land him. But fuck him

"I have very high interest in Notre Dame and I can say they will be in my top-five when the time come for me to narrow my list of schools," said Lovette. "I just hope I can take an official visit there to see if I can be a normal person fr the next four years of my life if I'm unable to play football."

Also said he might take a visit this summer
                                  How accurate is Scharder?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                    How accurate is Scharder?
                                    He's a major homer.

But it isn't a stretch to think USC is the front-runner for Lovette. He's local and he was gunning for the offer that he finally got. Not to say that he's a lock of course, but USC is sitting in a good spot. (Matter of fact, with CA being so loaded, and USC having feeder schools such as St. John Bosco and Serra on almost lockdown, USC could have an absolutely epic class, providing Sark doesn't suck, which is conceivable.)

Also, there is a lot of talk that many schools might recruit Lovette as a RB, where his ceiling might be higher.
                                    sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

@NDatRivals: RT @Jake_Brown: #NotreDame and #USC are running out front for #Rivals250 ATH Malik Lovette, via @ChrisPSwanson ($): Malik Lovette favors two

Comment

We recruits California hard, but man, even though we don't sign half of them, I'm always shocked at how many prospects list 'Cali schools' plus 'ND' in their top-whatevers. ND must have an amazing reputation and connection to a lot of California schools.

Comment

It's an article from rivals USC site so most of it is an update on USC and what they have to offer but he says that he can honestly say that ND and USC are the top righ now. We want him to visit this summer but he doesn't know if he'll be able to with all the summer school he is taking. Like NDinLA was sayin I think this kids calling is APB.

Comment

Originally posted by kuehnja View Post
                                            We recruits California hard, but man, even though we don't sign half of them, I'm always shocked at how many prospects list 'Cali schools' plus 'ND' in their top-whatevers. ND must have an amazing reputation and connection to a lot of California schools.
                                            Out of my class at Notre Dame law school I believe we had more students from Cali than any other state save Illinois.

Comment

Barnett pulls in Lovette and ESB from Cali? We'll see

Comment

Lovette told II that ND and USC are his top 2 right now. USC will be tough to beat but this does seem like an ND type kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                  Lovette told II that ND and USC are his top 2 right now. USC will be tough to beat but this does seem like an ND type kid.
                                                  Believe there are some close to him that would prefer ND.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                    Believe there are some close to him that would prefer ND.
                                                    that's interesting. family?

Comment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hdVhExKVMqk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

these are the types of guys that know they should probably go to ND, but they choose to go somewhere else like a juju and michiah quick from 2014

Comment

Same as ESB

Loy but in a CB for ND.

Please don't shoot the messenger and I think we know the range of opinions on this topic.
                                                          If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

Loy definitely has put a stigma on his CB's. However, we are in ESB's top 3 and Malik's top 2 so there is a legitimate reason for optimism.

Comment

Where Things Stand &#226;€“&#226;€“ Quick Hitters

He has ND at the top and is leaning towards South Bend. It's a quote from Malik.

Of interest, though. Malik said he is being recruited as a slot.
                                                              If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

Huge fan of Malik's. I think his best position would be as an APB. Here's how I'd like to finish on offense.
                                                                WR's: Newsome/ESB
                                                                RB: Ty'son Williams
                                                                APB: Malik lovette
                                                                TE: Either Boykins or pass.

So much future talent there we have to take it now if we can.

Comment

Someone posted a tweet of him in his room and the wall had ND stuff all over it. Much more than any other team. I can't remember what thread or when, but it was recently.

Comment

Redlands (Calif.) Redlands East Valley four-star wide receiver Malik Lovette told Blue & Gold Illustrated today that Notre Dame is his leader.

The 5-11, 180-pounder said that he is high on Notre Dame, USC and Texas A&M, and that all three schools are recruiting him hard. However, he admits that the Irish are on top.

Although Notre Dame is looking at Lovette as a slot receiver, 247Sports ranks him as the No. 5 all-purpose back in the nation, the No. 128 overall recruit in the 2015 class and the No. 20 prospect in California.
                                                                    EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Am I off in thinking we might not take/land a true RB or a TE this cycle? If so, versatile players like Lovette and Boykins are a must.

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky View Post
                                                                        Am I off in thinking we might not take/land a true RB or a TE this cycle? If so, versatile players like Lovette and Boykins are a must.
                                                                        Its recruiting so anything could happen but IMO there is a possibility that we may pass on TE. I don't see us completely missing on true RB's even if its somebody that may not be exciting. I think from a depth perspective we need to grab at least one. I do think this class could be a little untraditional. I think we could and would take Newsome, Lovette, and CJ. Seems like its 3 slot WR's but Lovette could play APB and Newsome is a must take. Not taking a TE would makes sense to make room for those guys, IMO. The consensus to start the cycle was:

3WR's
                                                                        2RB's
                                                                        1TE = 6 total

Guyton, CJ, Lovette, Newsome, Boykins, ESB, and an RB would be 7. So we'd be over by 1 but that group I think we'd do it.
                                                                        Last edited by Luckylucci; 05-09-2014, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Its recruiting so anything could happen but IMO there is a possibility that we may pass on TE. I don't see us completely missing on true RB's even if its somebody that may not be exciting. I think from a depth perspective we need to grab at least one. I do think this class could be a little untraditional. I think we could and would take Newsome, Lovette, and CJ. Seems like its 3 slot WR's but Lovette could play APB and Newsome is a must take. Not taking a TE would makes sense to make room for those guys, IMO. The consensus to start the cycle was:

3WR's
                                                                          2RB's
                                                                          1TE = 6 total

Guyton, CJ, Lovette, Newsome, Boykins, ESB, and an RB would be 7. So we'd be over by 1 but that group I think we'd do it.
                                                                          I would love that. Loy said that he is hearing that Newsome and Lovette are both takes right now but are first-come, first-served :(

Comment

Originally posted by Kaneyoufeelit View Post
                                                                            I would love that. Loy said that he is hearing that Newsome and Lovette are both takes right now but are first-come, first-served :(
                                                                            Yea I saw that but have a hard time agreeing with it. It would seem like over kill to have 3 slot WR's in the same class but I don't see how you send Malik to USC if he wanted to come to ND or tell Newsome who is one the most explosive WR's in the country no thanks. Also, if rumors are true about Kirk Merritt having us 2nd right now. This offensive recruiting will be very interesting this summer and fall.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              I dont see the need for three slots, but lovette could be an all purpose back which fits. Newsome though is a take no matter what. I guess that is how it could work, but then you should not take a runningback
                                                                              God Country Notre Dame

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Yea I saw that but have a hard time agreeing with it. It would seem like over kill to have 3 slot WR's in the same class but I don't see how you send Malik to USC if he wanted to come to ND or tell Newsome who is one the most explosive WR's in the country no thanks. Also, if rumors are true about Kirk Merritt having us 2nd right now. This offensive recruiting will be very interesting this summer and fall.
                                                                                I interpreted it as Lovette and Newsome are both takes at the moment with CJ on board. However, if Lovette commits then Newsome is out or vice versa. Not that they are both takes together.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Big23Head View Post
                                                                                  I interpreted it as Lovette and Newsome are both takes at the moment with CJ on board. However, if Lovette commits then Newsome is out or vice versa. Not that they are both takes together.
                                                                                  I fully understand what he's saying and I was saying that I don't agree. I don't see us turning down either one but we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    I fully understand what he's saying and I was saying that I don't agree. I don't see us turning down either one but we'll have to wait and see.
                                                                                    Ah ok, I misunderstood your response. Regardless, if this II camp comes through and current reports are true ND is sitting very, very well going toward fall camp.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I think they would be okay with taking Lovette as an apb redshirt one of the newsome or sanders and the numbers would work out
                                                                                      God Country Notre Dame

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Guyton
                                                                                        Sander
                                                                                        Lovette +
                                                                                        (Ofodile/St. Brown/Boykin)

That foursome would be quite a haul!

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Per Rivals USC site, he has added Texas A&M to his list of top 3 to go along with USC and ND. Said that there is no order to his top 3 (which is different from what he told Loy.) And is in the process of getting a top 5 together so he can take officials from that list. As of now will take all visits and commit after his season. That may change but thats the plan for now.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            He is still high on ND but the staff has a few guys higher and the commitment of CJ Sanders really changed how hard the staff will push for Lovette. - Loy update

Btw, someone yesterday asked about whether Sanders might be a guy who could line up in the backfield. I think this new info suggests that the staff believes he could. I believe Malik was looked at as an APB first and foremost, so if Sanders affects his recruitment you have to think Sanders could play the part.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                              Why post that in Malik's thread? Accident?

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                It's a video of Malik Lovette

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                  It's a video of Malik Lovette
                                                                                                  It was a video of Keith Arnold diagnosing our QB situation when I clicked on it.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X