Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'15 CA WR Equanimeous St. Brown (Notre Dame Signed NLI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '15 CA WR Equanimeous St. Brown (Notre Dame Signed NLI)

    Wide Receiver
    Anaheim, California
    Servite



    Ht: 6'5"
    Wt: 205 lbs

    RANKINGS:
    24/7: WR #53 | Overall #205
    Rivals: WR #18
    ESPN: WR #9 | Overall #63
    Scout: WR #29 | Overall #207
    Composite: WR #19 | Overall #159

    OFFERS:
    Notre Dame
    Arizona
    Arizona State
    Cal
    Colorado
    Duke
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Kentucky
    LSU
    Maryland
    Miami
    Minnesota
    Northwestern
    Penn State
    San Diego State
    Stanford
    Tennessee
    Texas A&M
    UCLA
    USC
    Utah
    Vanderbilt
    Washington
    Washington State

    Equanimeous St-Brown - Hudl
    Last edited by Ironman8; 01-21-2015, 10:23 AM.
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

  • #2
    Been waiting for this offer for a while. St. Brown hails from Troy Niklas' old high school. Really like this kid.
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

    Comment


    • #3
      Amazing name

      Comment


      • #4
        first team all name

        Comment


        • #5
          WTF? Jesus, Mary & Joseph.

          Comment


          • #6
            Same school as steve beuerlein as well.

            Comment


            • #7
              6'5 with 4.44 speed? And from looking at that video he can make some really acrobatic catches. And he has an awesome name....I'll pass

              Comment


              • #8
                Deserves an offer strictly on his name.
                2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'd take him just to hear the announcer try and say his name.

                  If he can really run that fast for that height, he's the steal of this class if we can land him.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Elite player.
                    http://irishtp.com/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm interested, but only if we can get Hammond back...you know, for gool ol' times.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Following his offer from <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=&#37;23NotreDame&amp;src=hash">#NotreDame </a>, Anaheim (Calif) Servite WR Equanimeous St. Brown said the Irish join his top 3 with <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23USC&amp;src=hash">#USC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Stanford&amp;src=hash">#Stanford</a></p>&mdash; Greg Biggins (@GregBiggins) <a href="https://twitter.com/GregBiggins/statuses/438149400137711616">February 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
                        <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                        Last edited by Ironman8; 02-24-2014, 10:20 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Haha I thought this thread was a joke because of his name...glad he isnt, kid looks ridiculous though... would be a great pull from CA
                          Take a Lap.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lcaps20 View Post
                            6'5 with 4.44 speed? And from looking at that video he can make some really acrobatic catches. And he has an awesome name....I'll pass
                            To him? Repeatedly?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cpnd1 View Post
                              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Following his offer from <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NotreDame&amp;src=hash">#NotreDame</a>, Anaheim (Calif) Servite WR Equanimeous St. Brown said the Irish join his top 3 with <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23USC&amp;src=hash">#USC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Stanford&amp;src=hash">#Stanford</a></p>&mdash; Greg Biggins (@GregBiggins) <a href="https://twitter.com/GregBiggins/statuses/438149400137711616">February 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
                              <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                              Would have preferred to see two other schools than these.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                Would have preferred to see two other schools than these.
                                Goes both ways. If the two other schools were FSU and Ole Miss, you'd have a different set of concern.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Texted a friend who is a classmate of his and told him to work him a little. As you can tell by offers and top 3 he said he is very smart and takes academics seriously.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Do want


                                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                      To him? Repeatedly?
                                      yes, thats what i obviously meant....for 7 points as well

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Great body control, especially on the sidelines. Very Cris Carter-esque.
                                        The one who knocks.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          wow impressive saw a tweet he wants to make a summer decision.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                            Would have preferred to see two other schools than these.
                                            Like UCLA and Oklahoma? haha.
                                            http://irishtp.com/

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Dont even have to watch his highlight video, want him strictly because of his name

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
                                                Deserves an offer strictly on his name.
                                                There has to be a story here, as to why his parents engineered such a name as Equanimeous. Because of a generic last name like Brown? There's a tight end down in Miami(Champagnat) with the name Devonaire Clarington. And a wr in Greenwood S.C. with the name Markeyvious Adams, but these five syllables take first place for uniqueness!

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                                                  Goes both ways. If the two other schools were FSU and Ole Miss, you'd have a different set of concern.
                                                  I'd rather see Houston and Iowa State.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    very athletic edge receiver type...could be a michael floyd with about another 15 pounds.
                                                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Name is straight out of Key & Peele.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Equanimeuos- Dude runs like a thorougbred

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                          Name is straight out of Key & Peele.
                                                          Thought the same thing haha

                                                          <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gODZzSOelss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wonder if indeed <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23USC&amp;src=hash">#USC</a> goes after St. Brown at WR instead of Broadus. Similar players. Taking both might be a bit repetitive</p>&mdash; YouthSportsSanDiego (@yssd) <a href="https://twitter.com/yssd/statuses/438326353809911808">February 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
                                                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                                            I don't have a whole lot of optimism about us getting Broadus so I'd love to see them drop out of the race for St. Brown.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                              very athletic edge receiver type...could be a michael floyd with about another 15 pounds.
                                                              He reminds of AJ Green out of HS. Same body type (long and lean), body control, and hands. Slightly less athletic. As of now I'm going to say my 3 are Newsome, St. Brown, and Humphrey Jr. Most wanted that is

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                Hope he gets to know Blake.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  This kid is unbelievably freakish, he runs by kids, punishes them on blocks and can go up and get the ball. Would be a great outside threat. I also agree with Lucci's top three and I think we have a legitimate shot at all three
                                                                  God Country Notre Dame
                                                                  http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    Scout: Talking with his dad to finalize a spring or summer visit to ND. No leader.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      This is a must get.

                                                                      We kill it in lacrosse with the name team, but we're pretty bland for football.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Is this going to be a skill heavy class? Seems like a ton of WR and CB offers are going out.

                                                                        Funnier than you in 2012.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          I like that his film focused so much on blocking. With the studs we have in the backfield, a great blocker would be ideal -- especially since he has the goods as a receiver as well.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                            He reminds of AJ Green out of HS. Same body type (long and lean), body control, and hands. Slightly less athletic. As of now I'm going to say my 3 are Newsome, St. Brown, and Humphrey Jr. Most wanted that is
                                                                            Yes. Right on it. I got to see AJ Green in person in high school (Summerville). So many similarities on the field anyway.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                                              Is this going to be a skill heavy class? Seems like a ton of WR and CB offers are going out.
                                                                              Based on our current depth chart, I'd project our needs to be 2 outside WRs and 3 RBs/ Z WRs. So no, this likely won't be a skill-heavy class; at least not on the offensive side of the ball.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                Based on our current depth chart, I'd project our needs to be 2 outside WRs and 3 RBs/ Z WRs. So no, this likely won't be a skill-heavy class; at least not on the offensive side of the ball.
                                                                                Yep, this is what I've been thinking 3 WR's (1 being Slot WR) and 2 rb's.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  I think his name means living horse.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                                    Been waiting for this offer for a while. St. Brown hails from Troy Niklas' old high school. Really like this kid.
                                                                                    Can you clarify for me? Have you been waiting for him to get an offer or has he been waiting to get an offer from the staff? I'm just unclear from the way your post is worded. Appreciate it.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                                                                                      Can you clarify for me? Have you been waiting for him to get an offer or has he been waiting to get an offer from the staff? I'm just unclear from the way your post is worded. Appreciate it.
                                                                                      Could be both, but I meant I was waiting for this offer to go out.
                                                                                      This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                                                                                        Goes both ways. If the two other schools were FSU and Ole Miss, you'd have a different set of concern.
                                                                                        True, but we would have the academics on our side and distance from home would be a wash.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Title2114 View Post
                                                                                          I think his name means living horse.
                                                                                          Doubt it, though I can see how you might guess that. His name is likely a stylized variation of "equanimous", from the Latin aequus ("equal", "even") and animus ("mind", "spirit"). It means poised, collected, composed, etc.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                            Doubt it, though I can see how you might guess that. His name is likely a stylized variation of "equanimous", from the Latin aequus ("equal", "even") and animus ("mind", "spirit"). It means poised, collected, composed, etc.
                                                                                            Nicely done, Whiskey. I was about to post how I could see why someone might think that was the case, but it likely wasn't. You of course covered it better than I could have.
                                                                                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                                              Nicely done, Whiskey. I was about to post how I could see why someone might think that was the case, but it likely wasn't. You of course covered it better than I could have.
                                                                                              It's a cool name, no? In Robin Hobb's "Farseer Trilogy" (nerd alert), the nobles would name their children after virtues-- Chivalry, Verity, Constance, etc. I always thought that was a nice touch; though, full disclosure here, all of my boys have good Irish names.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                                Doubt it, though I can see how you might guess that. His name is likely a stylized variation of "equanimous", from the Latin aequus ("equal", "even") and animus ("mind", "spirit"). It means poised, collected, composed, etc.
                                                                                                I figured Bogs would have been all over that lol
                                                                                                http://irishtp.com/

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                                  It's a cool name, no? In Robin Hobb's "Farseer Trilogy" (nerd alert), the nobles would name their children after virtues-- Chivalry, Verity, Constance, etc. I always thought that was a nice touch; though, full disclosure here, all of my boys have good Irish names.
                                                                                                  Charity is currently dancing at Brad's Gold Club.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
                                                                                                    Deserves an offer strictly on his name.
                                                                                                    Was thinking the exact same thing......Reps!!!!

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X