Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'15 TX WR Jalen Guyton (Notre Dame Signed NLI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henges24
    replied
    Originally posted by bcole2 View Post

Not to derail the thread, but did Irish YJ edit this post or was this seriously a meme when he posted in 2015?

Woah.

Coronavirus’ have been around forever but crazy coincidence.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Originally posted by bcole2 View Post

Not to derail the thread, but did Irish YJ edit this post or was this seriously a meme when he posted in 2015?
    And it was then that one among the fallen hath spoken and said, ‘Let us use the words of the most defiled against the house of man to rake in their faces their own begotten pride,… let us do it now, before the dark times to come, as a later torment… in this year two thousand and fifteen!’ And from that day forth the sons of Adam hath been warned.
    Last edited by ACamp1900; 10-05-2021, 09:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bcole2
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

Leave a comment:

• GoldenToTheGrave
    replied
    Guyton sighting, just had a nice jet sweep.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    5G ... 8 rec / 13 targets ... 258 yds ... 32.2 ypc ... 3 TD

Someone needs more targets.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">JUSTIN HERBERT 70-YARD BOMB💣<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/dbRmic2HrF">pic.twitter.com/dbRmic2HrF</a></p>&mdash; PFF (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1320497904600141825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 25, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• bkess8
    replied
    Having a day for the Chargers... To bad he didn’t work out for us!

Leave a comment:

• ulukinatme
    replied
    Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
    Funny that Stepherson is being discussed above in this thread because that's exactly who I thought of when you posted this. Both three star guys that I'm sure many thought would never be difference makers. Stepherson played at a very high level while he was with the team while Guyton never made any contribution, but both left the program in somewhat similar fashion (Guyton broke team rules I think? Stepherson did that AND got in legal trouble). Stepherson has resurfaced at FCS level and not done much while Guyton is now an NFL starter. Damn. If you had asked 3 years ago who would be the eventual NFL starter, you wouldn't even think twice.

To further your point about the staff evaluating WR talent: I'll add Will Fuller. He was a nothing special 3* when he committed before rising to a low 4* late in the process. Hopefully Watts turns out to be some mix (talent wise) of those 3 players.
    Will Fuller certainly cemented himself as the #1 guy for Houston last night following the departure of Hopkins. He just has to stay healthy.

Leave a comment:

• fightingirish26
    replied
    Originally posted by ShroudedInMystery View Post
    Even though it didn't work out at ND, this is a point in favor of the ND staff's ability as talent evaluators. There is a level of competence under Kelly that didn't exist for the decade before him.
    Funny that Stepherson is being discussed above in this thread because that's exactly who I thought of when you posted this. Both three star guys that I'm sure many thought would never be difference makers. Stepherson played at a very high level while he was with the team while Guyton never made any contribution, but both left the program in somewhat similar fashion (Guyton broke team rules I think? Stepherson did that AND got in legal trouble). Stepherson has resurfaced at FCS level and not done much while Guyton is now an NFL starter. Damn. If you had asked 3 years ago who would be the eventual NFL starter, you wouldn't even think twice.

To further your point about the staff evaluating WR talent: I'll add Will Fuller. He was a nothing special 3* when he committed before rising to a low 4* late in the process. Hopefully Watts turns out to be some mix (talent wise) of those 3 players.

Leave a comment:

• ShroudedInMystery
    replied
    Even though it didn't work out at ND, this is a point in favor of the ND staff's ability as talent evaluators. There is a level of competence under Kelly that didn't exist for the decade before him.

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    listed as starting slot for LA Chargers Week 1

Leave a comment:

• stpeteirish
    replied
    yeah the rumor was something in the sexual assualt realm. Never confirmed, which of course is to be expected. University certainly can't say anything and the player's wise to keep his mouth shut.

Leave a comment:

• snoopdog
    replied
    Originally posted by JD Irish View Post
    Why was Guyton kicked out?
    Interesting article in The Athletic about Guyton. No mention in the body of the article about why he was kicked out, but in the Comments section at the bottom of the article there are some rape allegations? First time I heard of this. IS this true?

Leave a comment:

• GBdomer
    replied
    Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
    Speaking of Stepherson, has he resurfaced anywhere? What a stupid waste of talent.
    Not a word

Which hopefully might be a good thing

I'm sure ND set him up with support after all this. They don't exactly just kick kids to the curb and say figure it out. We all know this school. I hope Steph is doing well and has a successful life
    Last edited by GBdomer; 03-29-2019, 10:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stlnd01
    replied
    Speaking of Stepherson, has he resurfaced anywhere? What a stupid waste of talent.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    What did Davonte do?

Leave a comment:

• GrangerIrish24
    replied
    Originally posted by JD Irish View Post
    He knew what Davonte did

Leave a comment:

• JD Irish
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IrishLion
    replied
    Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
    I mean, Stepherson didn't exactly stick either.
    Yeah, I meant it was a shame about both of them lol.

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
    Guyton was supposed to be the first Stepherson. Shame it didn't work out at ND.
    I mean, Stepherson didn't exactly stick either.

Leave a comment:

• IrishLion
    replied
    Guyton was supposed to be the first Stepherson. Shame it didn't work out at ND.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
    4.35?

I know it's their pro day and so things might be subject to a bit of homecooking, but he tested really well regardless and could have perhaps been useful for us if he could have stuck around.
    Had he stayed, he could have been a 5th year senior this upcoming season.

Nice lil stat line as UNT's #2 receiver both years.

<script type="text/javascript" src="//widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=cfb&url=%2Fcfb%2Fplayers%2Fjale n-guyton-1.html&div=div_receiving"></script>

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    Originally posted by KizerWilhelm View Post
    Bit of a happy ending for a blast from the past

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">At <a href="https://twitter.com/MeanGreenFB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MeanGreenFB</a> pro day yesterday, WR Jalen Guyton (6007, 212) really looked good in his workout, caught the ball well and tested off the charts. Looks like he could get drafted late.<br><br>4.35 40<br>37.5 VJ<br>10-5 BJ<br>4.09 ss<br>6.90 3-cone<br>13 bench</p>&mdash; Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) <a href="https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/1111667240334553088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 29, 2019</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    4.35?

I know it's their pro day and so things might be subject to a bit of homecooking, but he tested really well regardless and could have perhaps been useful for us if he could have stuck around.

Leave a comment:

• KizerWilhelm
    replied
    Bit of a happy ending for a blast from the past

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">At <a href="https://twitter.com/MeanGreenFB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MeanGreenFB</a> pro day yesterday, WR Jalen Guyton (6007, 212) really looked good in his workout, caught the ball well and tested off the charts. Looks like he could get drafted late.<br><br>4.35 40<br>37.5 VJ<br>10-5 BJ<br>4.09 ss<br>6.90 3-cone<br>13 bench</p>&mdash; Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) <a href="https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/1111667240334553088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 29, 2019</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/unt-...1c11b8cf7.html

Leaving UNT early to try his luck in the pro's

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> WR is having a big season so far: 24 catches for 444 yards and five touchdowns. <a href="https://t.co/rFhkysk8rn">https://t.co/rFhkysk8rn</a></p>&mdash; Tyler James (@TJamesNDI) <a href="https://twitter.com/TJamesNDI/status/914617522778968064?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 1, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• BGIF
    replied
    Played JC this fall. Had 45 catches/ 968 yards for Trinity Valley C.C.. Made ALL SWJCFC

Leave a comment:

• texbender
    replied
    He had a good high school career playing with QB Murray(TAMU & now OU) at the top Texas high school program (Allen H.S.) in suburban Dallas. Had high hopes for him, and that ND had cracked the door to a treasure chest full of D1 prospects. Never got on track at ND.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
    Signed with North Texas
    Not sure how he was talent wise but we could've at least used him for depth.

Leave a comment:

• fightingirish26
    replied
    Signed with North Texas

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    Originally posted by OCIrish View Post
    Soooo......why is he gone?
    What did Davonte do???

Leave a comment:

• OCIrish
    replied
    Soooo......why is he gone?

Leave a comment:

• dad4aa
    replied
    Originally posted by NDLightning35 View Post
    It's complete bs what happened, and the girl dropped the charges but the University still kicked him out allegedly
    A girl had nothing to do with why he is gone.

Leave a comment:

• Sherm Sticky
    replied
    It's complete bs what happened, and the girl dropped the charges but the University still kicked him out allegedly
    News to me...

Leave a comment:

• #1rish
    replied
    What exactly happened?

Leave a comment:

• NDVirginia19
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Officially gone.

It wasn't ever official before... right?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by ShawneeIrish View Post
    If TP wanted to shoot down a pot smoking rumor so that people would not unfairly brand the kid a stoner Im guessing its not related to a sexual assault. I dont see why anyone would try to protect someone unfairly being branded a stoner because they are actually a sex criminal. Thats like putting up a vigorous defense to an accusation that you were out being unfaithful with the alibi that you were murdering someone.
    See, there is a lot in the world beyond being a 'sex criminal,' just like there is more than a simple category, 'pothead!'

Leave a comment:

• #1rish
    replied
    Unless he was dealing, I really don't see how this would be a whole University investigation.

Guess we'll find out in less than an hour.

Leave a comment:

• ShawneeIrish
    replied
    If TP wanted to shoot down a pot smoking rumor so that people would not unfairly brand the kid a stoner Im guessing its not related to a sexual assault. I dont see why anyone would try to protect someone unfairly being branded a stoner because they are actually a sex criminal. Thats like putting up a vigorous defense to an accusation that you were out being unfaithful with the alibi that you were murdering someone.

Leave a comment:

• wizards8507
    replied
    PM y'all.

Sent from my Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• NDohio
    replied
    I demand to know the truth in this rumor!! It's my right as a member of this Notre Dame community!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by IrishFanJMercy View Post
    Could this be linked to the girl who claimed a group of athletes in a dorm room sexually assaulted her earlier this year? Just throwing it out there, if that was the case then I could see why ND wouldn't want him back.
    If so he should be looking at Michigan.

Leave a comment:

• PANDFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
    Sooooo apparently he's considering a transfer to OSU lol

Notre Dame WR ‘looking into’ Ohio State transfer |
    I saw somewhere last night,they would only take him as a walk on
    Originally posted by IrishFanJMercy View Post
    Could this be linked to the girl who claimed a group of athletes in a dorm room sexually assaulted her earlier this year? Just throwing it out there, if that was the case then I could see why ND wouldn't want him back.
    This is similar to the Rumor I have seen but wasn't a group.
    A lot of people were speculating at the time it was ESB but RUMOR was guyton
    Last edited by PANDFAN; 12-19-2015, 08:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IrishFanJMercy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied
    Sooooo apparently he's considering a transfer to OSU lol

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...to-ohio-state/

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• #1rish
    replied
    Obviously unsubstantiated, so take it with a grain of salt. Some guy on the reddit CFB heard a few days ago he was under a r-investigation from something that happened the beginning of the semester.

Leave a comment:

• NDinL.A.
    replied
    Originally posted by koonja View Post
    This is where I'm at.

The rumor will go on forever like it did with Neal, when in all reality if someone just said what happened we'd say 'sucks for the people involved and pissed we lost a 5 star (or in this case a 3-star WR)', and forget about it a week later.
    That would definitely NOT happen. People still talk about Aaron Lynch, Manti, Gunner Kiel, hell, even Randy Moss, as if it were yesterday. And IF it made the university look bad, the nation wouldn't forget...just ask any other fanbase whether their team should suspend an arrested player, and they will immediately bring up Michael Floyd and his DUI. Even OUR fans always bring up Floyd when we talk about other teams' players when they get into legal trouble.

On another note, I just read through this whole ordeal wondering who the idiot was who said he had info he was willing to share, thus being the reason for us having to read through 60 "PM me please!" posts instead of real news, and the winner is........no one. No one at all. People are begging for a PM from a ghost lol.

Leave a comment:

• PerthDomer
    replied
    it seems like they did and then the sender got bored and stopped

Leave a comment:

• johnnycando
    replied
    PMs aren't coming boys.

Just like they didn't for Devonte.

It's a very sensitive matter I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

Adsense