Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'15 TX WR Jalen Guyton (Notre Dame Signed NLI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played in yesterday's International Bowl (USA vs. Canada). The USA won 35-0 and Guyton scored the team's 3rd TD on a 5-yd slant in the 2nd quarter. He also caught a 33-yd pass to set up the TD. Not sure if he had any other catches (I haven't watched yet) but the game is available on WatchESPN if anyone is interested: Watch United States vs. Canada (Under 19 (12th Grade)) Live Online at WatchESPN

Prentice McKinney also played in the game and had two second half INTs including an 80-yard pick 6 to end the 3rd quarter. Five-star Kyler Murray (Guyton's teammate) was supposed to play in the game but backed out leading up to the event citing baseball commitments.

Comment

• McKinney ended up getting MVP
      What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
        McKinney ended up getting MVP
        McKinney is my dude for hosing UNC on signing day. That's all.

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
          McKinney ended up getting MVP
          Ugh, rub it in why don't you! :(

Comment

• Back to Jalen. Not that I spend much time on this, but I have heard three really respected sources talk about how young Jalen is in his class. Sharing different hypothesis, their comments come together like this :

Many kids, particularly skilled position players have a growth spurt, an increase in physical and mental maturity which separates their game between their Junior and Senior years. They all expect him to have one of these before his Freshman year at ND. This from a kid that tore up Texas 6A ball!

Guyton is incredibly underrated as an athlete, and is much faster than his reputation suggests. The article explains this pretty well. The heads need a reason why a guy with pinball numbers in the Texas big-leagues is only a 3*.

Most think he will grow. Six-foot, one-eighty, is one thing. But 6'2", 210 to 220 receiver is another!

P.S. I just watched the remix tape above. Yeah, right! He's not fast enough!
            Last edited by Bogtrotter07; 02-09-2015, 09:46 AM. Reason: P.S.

Comment

• I don't know why so many people here cling to the hope that a recruit will grow in height when he steps on campus. Most adolescent males stop growing in height at age 16. Unless the kid is ridiculously young for his class it's always best to subtract 1 to 2 inches off his listed height.

Comment

• Originally posted by drake29 View Post
                I don't know why so many people here cling to the hope that a recruit will grow in height when he steps on campus. Most adolescent males stop growing in height at age 16. Unless the kid is ridiculously young for his class it's always best to subtract 1 to 2 inches off his listed height.
                Really? I thought that was of females. And I was under the impression that 18 was normal for males. My two oldest boys continued to grow till they were 25; got that from their maternal grandfather. I didn't believe him till I saw it with my kids.

Height isn't the big thing about growth. Brollic is! There is a physical maturity that comes after 18 which has a lot to do with a kids ceiling. I suspect that is why some five stars never develop, and some three stars (see Tyler Eifert) explode through the roof.

I personally don't care about height, per se. But if you take this kind of receiver, and add an inch or two, so you can add twenty or thirty pounds, that is a good thing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
                  Really? I thought that was of females. And I was under the impression that 18 was normal for males. My two oldest boys continued to grow till they were 25; got that from their maternal grandfather. I didn't believe him till I saw it with my kids.

Height isn't the big thing about growth. Brollic is! There is a physical maturity that comes after 18 which has a lot to do with a kids ceiling. I suspect that is why some five stars never develop, and some three stars (see Tyler Eifert) explode through the roof.

I personally don't care about height, per se. But if you take this kind of receiver, and add an inch or two, so you can add twenty or thirty pounds, that is a good thing!
                  I grew another inch my freshman year of college. I needed new jeans when I got home for Christmas break, and not because of the freshman 15!

Usually it is females that stop before 18, hence why you see those awkward junior high photos of all the girls towering over the boys. It balances out eventually because we keep growing longer.

Two extreme examples are Scottie Pippen and The Admiral David Robinson.

Comment

• And I stopped growing in height at age 15 (imagine my disappointment). Point being, MOST kids don't grow in height much at all once they hit 17. That's not to say that it can't happen, I just see it thrown out there for what seems like every single player we offer early. The fact is, almost ever recruit that has his own page adds 1 to 2 inches height on his profile. Best case scenario is they keep growing into their listed height on their recruiting page.

Comment

• Originally posted by drake29 View Post
                      I don't know why so many people here cling to the hope that a recruit will grow in height when he steps on campus. Most adolescent males stop growing in height at age 16. Unless the kid is ridiculously young for his class it's always best to subtract 1 to 2 inches off his listed height.
                      Height is exaggerated in some cases, but usually for guys that are really tall to begin with. Tall WR's or DE/LB's are usually those culprits. Jalen isn't a tall WR, he's a genuine 6'0-6'1 guy.
                      It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="sk" dir="ltr">Irish A-to-Z: JalenMichiganGuyton <a href="http://t.co/zaRn1RQ6sD">http://t.co/zaRn1RQ6sD</a></p>&mdash; Notre Dame on NBC (@NDonNBC) <a href="https://twitter.com/NDonNBC/status/622122051705245696">July 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
                        <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CRYSTAL BALL

While I think Guyton might be one of Notre Dame’s most under-the-radar recruits, I also wonder how he’s going to find his way onto the field. On the outside, Guyton needs to find snaps behind Will Fuller, Chris Brown and Corey Robinson. In the slot, there’s Amir Carlisle, C.J. Prosise (he’s still going to play some receiver) and guys like Torii Hunter, Corey Holmes and Justin Brent that’ll likely be in front of him.

That said, if Guyton is good enough to see the field, he’ll likely do so. Possibly in a “designated deep threat” role that we saw from Fuller and Brown as freshmen, if only to get his feet wet. He also could be a candidate for a late-start redshirt, seeing the field in the first few weeks before shutting it down for the season, just for a taste.

There’s no obvious fit for Guyton, who has nice size but hardly is a human mismatch. But that doesn’t mean the future’s not bright for a well-developed high school player who enters Notre Dame with probably the most impressive senior season of any recruit.

Comment

• 2014 Highlight reel

I terribly underestimated Guyton's game. I thought he was a guy who only ran 'go routes' in high school but he does a lot of damage after the catch and closer to the line of scrimmage.

I'm really excited about what he brings to this class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
                            2014 Highlight reel

I terribly underestimated Guyton's game. I thought he was a guy who only ran 'go routes' in high school but he does a lot of damage after the catch and closer to the line of scrimmage.

I'm really excited about what he brings to this class.
                            I am intrigued by him as well. Thought he was just a go route receiver but he's got more then just that. I think he's pretty damn raw and will red shirt or needs too. Also he played with arguably the best QB in high school football and an offense that put up silly numbers so jury is still out for me but he's a nice prospect to mold. Reminds me a little of Greg Jennings for some reason

Comment

• Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                              I am intrigued by him as well. Thought he was just a go route receiver but he's got more then just that. I think he's pretty damn raw and will red shirt or needs too. Also he played with arguably the best QB in high school football and an offense that put up silly numbers so jury is still out for me but he's a nice prospect to mold. Reminds me a little of Greg Jennings for some reason
                              Don't forget, that QB also had the top OT of 2016 and a boatload of D1 talent to help buy time for Guyton to get open. That said, Allen plays a really solid schedule, and Guyton was their #1 WR so the DBs guarding him are nothing to shrug at. I think he will be a guy we forget about for a year or 2 and then start relying on every 3rd and long.

Comment

• He might be my highest hope for that class. Lots to like about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky View Post
                                  He might be my highest hope for that class. Lots to like about him.
                                  Bold statement considering he is being joined by Boykin, Alize, Sanders & ESB. If he turns out to be the biggest producer, we are probably doing really well.

Comment

• He reminds me of Purdue's Stubblefield. http://youtu.be/T03mVFIKF38

Comment

Bold statement considering he is being joined by Boykin, Alize, Sanders & ESB. If he turns out to be the biggest producer, we are probably doing really well.
                                      Haha. Yeah no doubt about that but I think Guyton is in the Will Fuller category and I think he already has very good routes, played with and against top talent in HS and appears to have to great intangibles other than talent. I put him above Boykin as far as being ready to play goes. Obviously the expectations are super high for ESB and Jones but I really do see him being ready to go freshmen year. The WR depth chart is solid so opportunities for freshmen might be limited for all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky View Post
                                        Haha. Yeah no doubt about that but I think Guyton is in the Will Fuller category and I think he already has very good routes, played with and against top talent in HS and appears to have to great intangibles other than talent. I put him above Boykin as far as being ready to play goes. Obviously the expectations are super high for ESB and Jones but I really do see him being ready to go freshmen year. The WR depth chart is solid so opportunities for freshmen might be limited for all.
                                        I hope you're right. That would virtually guarantee that we have no problems for the next 3 years at WR given how much additional talent we have waiting in the wings.

Comment

• Nice to have such problems. Hope JG is first of many from Allen HS, school is loaded with top D1 talent.

Comment

I hope you're right. That would virtually guarantee that we have no problems for the next 3 years at WR given how much additional talent we have waiting in the wings.
                                            We have been waiting for this depth for many years. I hope it translates into being able to have several personnel groupings with no real drop off in talent and having multiple skill sets with which to gameplan our individual opponents.

Comment

• right there with you on that

Comment

• Me three!

Comment

• Suspended
                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jalen Guyton suspended, likely out at ND <a href="https://t.co/8cG86OcH8V">https://t.co/8cG86OcH8V</a> <a href="https://t.co/lAz2piB2V7">pic.twitter.com/lAz2piB2V7</a></p>&mdash; Irish Illustrated (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/677929111533330433">December 18, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Jalen Guyton suspended, likely out at ND - Notre Dame - Scout

Freshman receiver Jalen Guyton has been suspended by Notre Dame’s football program. A source told Irish Illustrated that he will transfer following the semester, which ends today.
                                                    Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• Sampson saw this coming, spoke about it earlier in the week.
                                                      "I'm not a film evaluator"
                                                      - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

• Him and Kyler transfer to the same school?

Comment

• Sucks but it's one positron depth is not an issue.

Comment

• One more scholly!

Comment

• His twitter always made him come off as a stoner to me, which I personally don't have any problem with whatsoever, but I'm interested in finding out whether or not this is about the ganja

Comment

• Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
                                                                Sampson saw this coming, spoke about it earlier in the week.
                                                                Any hints as to whether it was grades or something disciplinary?

Edit: the article said it wasn't academics.
                                                                Last edited by ResLife Hero; 12-18-2015, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
                                                                  Sampson saw this coming, spoke about it earlier in the week.
                                                                  Did he elaborate on the nature of the issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                                    His twitter always made him come off as a stoner to me, which I personally don't have any problem with whatsoever, but I'm interested in finding out whether or not this is about the ganja
                                                                    Transfer to Colorado?

Comment

• None of the reason given here are the reason.
                                                                      http://irishtp.com/

Comment

• Could this mean Morris is being looked at WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishTP View Post
                                                                          None of the reason given here are the reason.
                                                                          Which would be......

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Notre Dame confirms Jalen Guyton suspension from all football activities, &quot;pending the resolution of a private University process.&quot;</p>&mdash; Irish Illustrated (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/677934109654704128">December 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                                                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishTP View Post
                                                                              None of the reason given here are the reason.
                                                                              Should we expect more than Guyton?

Comment

• Does this go back to the issue that was reported just prior to the season?
                                                                                Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

• aggravates me that this is supposed to be a board where we all share information about ND football (which includes players) and every time something comes up, it's all cryptic and shit...

I mean people are still wondering what happened with Davonte Neal... Was he or was he not smoking the buds and that got him kicked out/ transferred out of ND... I mean if you know what's going and it should not be public knowledge then act clueless like the rest of us that don't know... Some of you just bait people for the sake of it I think...
                                                                                  Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. It’s my job to make sure we become that family.”

Comment

• Originally posted by goldandblue View Post
                                                                                    aggravates me that this is supposed to be a board where we all share information about ND football (which includes players) and every time something comes up, it's all cryptic and shit...

I mean people are still wondering what happened with Davonte Neal... Was he or was he not smoking the buds and that got him kicked out/ transferred out of ND... I mean if you know what's going and it should not be public knowledge then act clueless like the rest of us that don't know... Some of you just bait people for the sake of it I think...
                                                                                    Check your PMs.

Comment

• DANG! Here we go. Because it's ND...it'll be on the ESPN scroll.

Comment

• Mike Frank said don't be concerned about it being a big thing. He doesn't think there's anything to be concerned about

Comment

• Unfortunate. I am curious to know what happened. I thought during the recruiting process that I remember him being academically oriented and only ever choosing between ND and Stanford unless I am confusing him with someone else. Disappointed in that I want everyone to love their time at ND as much as I did. Best of luck to him.

Comment

• Someone hit me up with a PM if you don't mind sharing.

Comment

• I hate to hear this. Really like his game coming out of highscool. Hope everything works out for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                                                                Check your PMs.
                                                                                                I'd like one about Neal and/or Guyton, please/thanks.

I agree though, I understand it's a private matter and these kids have a right not have their dirty laundry broadcasted. But if someone knows the truth, I think spilling it is a lot better than allowing rumors to run rampant.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                                                                  Check your PMs.
                                                                                                  Ha...the only PM's I get are when I beg for a donation.

Comment

• Originally posted by BleedBlueGold View Post
                                                                                                    I'd like one about Neal and/or Guyton, please/thanks.

I agree though, I understand it's a private matter and these kids have a right not have their dirty laundry broadcasted. But if someone knows the truth, I think spilling it is a lot better than allowing rumors to run rampant.
                                                                                                    Me too
                                                                                                    "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                                                                                                    --Samuel L

Comment

• Originally posted by tussin View Post
                                                                                                      Someone hit me up with a PM if you don't mind sharing.
                                                                                                      Same here
                                                                                                      God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X