Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'15 TX WR Jalen Guyton (Notre Dame Signed NLI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the TX athletes.

Comment

Been Killing it in Texas... awesome! Looks like a stud too.
      Take a Lap.

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
        I am wondering if his offer is commitable.
        Yes. Yes, it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;For those that know Notre Dame, no explanation is neccessary. For those that don't, no explanation will suffice.&quot; -Lou Holtz</p>&mdash; . (@_Guyton_) <a href="https://twitter.com/_Guyton_/statuses/450337752752472064">March 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Therefore i am blessed to say I will be taking my talents to the University of Notre Dame, for my college career</p>&mdash; . (@_Guyton_) <a href="https://twitter.com/_Guyton_/statuses/450337899922214912">March 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
          Welcome aboard!!! Now, please never use the term "taking my talents to ... " ever again.

Comment

Coach Cooks is on a roll. Looking forward to seeing Jalen in blue and gold.

Comment

Congrats Jalen and welcome to ND! I'm still waiting on that game changing WR but good get for Notre Dame today!

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                Yes. Yes, it is!
                Touché but it was honestly a fair question.

Comment

Cooks goes into Texas and gets a Safety, OU and A&M wanted among others and a WR OU, A&M and Baylor wanted among others.

Boss.
                  “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

I saw someone dogging his rankings on 247 board. But look at those offers plus further builds a Texas pipeline. Love it.

Comment

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/2014...h-grab-guyton/

ISD freebie

Comment

Watching his highlights for the first time. He is horribly underrated. Comparable to Will Fuller or Torii Hunter Jr.

Kid is good. Just finished his write up for the Irish TP.
                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Blake's first target. Awesome.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Great news! Go Irish!
                            God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Guyton taking his talents to South Bend | Irish Turning Point

You can see where I compared him to Will Fuller or Torii Hunter, Jr. a few posts up, but others like a Rhema McKnight comparrison and have editing powers...
                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                Watching his highlights for the first time. He is horribly underrated. Comparable to Will Fuller or Torii Hunter Jr.

Don't think he's much like Hunter, but I see a lot of Fuller. Especially the skinny part.

You could've told me Guyton was the #5 WR in the country and I would've believed you with those highlights. I wonder how fast he is... I really hope he does some camps/The Opening.

Comment

Love this pick up. Really good weapon in the slot for the future.

Comment

I go to CrossFit and run errands and come back to this! Boom!

Comment

I can see the will fuller I don't see much of Hunter. Beau any reason you compare him to Rhema?

Comment

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/90251467" width="500" height="281" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mele at ISD list him as a low-four star prospect with low-four-star upside. Mentions that he's an all-around well put together WR who runs in the 4.5s and has functional football speed for a WR.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=&#37;23ND&amp;src=hash">#ND</a> QB commit Blake Barnett on J. Guyton: I&#39;m excited to see all the talent join us in the 2015 class especially all the offensive players!</p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/statuses/450354135356174336">March 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
                                          EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Great pickup!

Another thing I took away from his highlights is that Kyler Murray is a damn good QB.

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

Dude, are you old enough to write for them???

Good pick-up; Cooks continuing to put in work in TX.
                                              sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

Jalen, a chara,

Cosa fl&#237;t agus lamha cabhr&#250; le cion cumhachtach a th&#243;g&#225;il. Croith s&#237;os an toirneach! &#193;dh m&#243;r agus t&#233;igh Gaeilge!

Beir bua agus beannacht,

Bogtrotter

Comment

Awesome pick up. Cooks doing a very nice job in Texas. Congrats Jalen. Keep up the hard work Cooks.
                                                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                    Dude, are you old enough to write for them???

Good pick-up; Cooks continuing to put in work in TX.
                                                    TP running a sweat shop!!!!!!!

Comment

His Allen Texas HS is one of the premiere programs in the country.

His QB Murray is the #4 QB in the country---Jalen will rise in the rankings as he pulls in lots of TDs this season from murray.

There are no official speeds listed but he looks awful quick to me.--He also has good taste --" I really like GOLDEN TATE too"

" Coach Cooks likes my big playmaking ability"

He has been hearing plenty from Texas and likely STRONG will offer eventually.

He also has thought about playing with his HS QB Kyle Murray, Murray has a Clemson offer and likes it there.

Expect this speedster to rise in the rankings and also expect we may be fending off Texas and or Clemson before its said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by tko View Post
                                                        TP running a sweat shop!!!!!!!
                                                        Time to unionize.

Comment

Then you would have to pay more taxes.

Comment

Very good player, not exactly what I expected but good pickup.
                                                            God Country Notre Dame
                                                            http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

Love the pick-up! Great job coach Cooks!

Comment

Love this pick-up. He'll be able to stretch the field. That's some crazy Junior year film. The first of Barnett's posse!

Comment

Solid pick up. I'm being greedy saying we need some game changers at WR this cycle but he's a solid addition to what I expect to be a good WR class.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                    Solid pick up. I'm being greedy saying we need some game changers at WR this cycle but he's a solid addition to what I expect to be a good WR class.
                                                                    Yea I either wanted KJ Hill or Ofodile at that position but I think that is fair.
                                                                    God Country Notre Dame

Comment

The staff understands what they need/want. If Guyton is in their cards then I'm all for it. Welcome to the family, Jalen.

Comment

Yeah, I hear ya. Offadile, ESB, Newsome, Boykin, Clark. Gimme 3 from that list to go with Guyton and I would say that's a Home Run. Golson or Zaire could open up a lot of eyes this year though, and Barnett should be able to pull a few in to join them on his own merits. Loving this class so far, and I feel we are gaining momentum at the moment.

Comment

Welcome Jalen!
                                                                          Go Irish!
                                                                          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

I think he looks really good and some solid offers from ND, Baylor, Clemson, OSU, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Stanford, and Texas AM.

He looks really fast to me. Not a big WR, but probably perfect for the slot. Only thing I don't like is he looks pretty bad at running routes. For instance, check out his out routes on the film. Good coaching will help with that though.

Good pick up! Much better than the ~ 85 rating IMO.

Comment

• #88
                                                                              Sorry Urbie

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #89
                                                                                I dont think he is projected as a slot receiver though. He is supposed to be an outside guy.
                                                                                God Country Notre Dame

Comment

• #90
                                                                                  Originally posted by kuehnja View Post
                                                                                  I think he looks really good and some solid offers from ND, Baylor, Clemson, OSU, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Stanford, and Texas AM.

He looks really fast to me. Not a big WR, but probably perfect for the slot. Only thing I don't like is he looks pretty bad at running routes. For instance, check out his out routes on the film. Good coaching will help with that though.

Sway

Comment

• #91
                                                                                    Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                                                    Sway
                                                                                    I must have been much drunker than I thought. Stomach still hurt today, lol. Hope you had fun at the wedding! Quite the bender of a weekend for you. Now make Bill sign up for IE. Get him away from the dark side.

Comment

• #92
                                                                                      Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                                      I can see the will fuller I don't see much of Hunter. Beau any reason you compare him to Rhema?
                                                                                      I don't see Rhema. That is a TP edit/addition to my article.

Comment

• #93
                                                                                        Did he ever get a Texas offer? If he blows up, got to watch they don't try to come in late like with Kolin Hill.

Comment

• #94
                                                                                          I must have been much drunker than I thought. Stomach still hurt today, lol. Hope you had fun at the wedding! Quite the bender of a weekend for you. Now make Bill sign up for IE. Get him away from the dark side.
                                                                                          I think if you set the the over/under at 48.5 drinks the last 3 days for me I would take the over.

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                                                            I think if you set the the over/under at 48.5 drinks the last 3 days for me I would take the over.
                                                                                            Lol, I bet. Friday night was fun. The best part was Bill getting down with his bad self at the end of the night.

Back to Guyton, I see he's a 86/87 rating, not 85. I still think he's underrated. I give him a kuehnja-composite of 90. Comparison to come. Stay tuned.

Comment

• #96

I tried to send you a PM but it wasn't working. I agree. Keep up some of the observations, just don't get carried away.

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                I tried to send you a PM but it wasn't working. I agree. Keep up some of the observations, just don't get carried away.
                                                                                                You spoke too soon.

Desean Jackson.

In all seriousness, how's this guy not a slot prospect? Seems like he'd be a good fit and he's already experienced at running the tunnel screen.

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                  You spoke too soon.

Desean Jackson.

In all seriousness, how's this guy not a slot prospect? Seems like he'd be a good fit and he's already experienced at running the tunnel screen.
                                                                                                  Personal opinion and this hasn't been validated by anybody but I see him as an X. He could be outside/inside, basically moved around. I think we're looking for a specific Z WR this class. Think Newsome or someone like that as we have a long shot at him. Then a W WR think Boykin/ESB/Strickland.

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                    I agree with your opinion and I think they feel much better about ESB or strictland at W and at the Z but I would have personally rather had Hill or Ofodile. I think he will be a very solid player for us though
                                                                                                    God Country Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                                      Personal opinion and this hasn't been validated by anybody but I see him as an X. He could be outside/inside, basically moved around. I think we're looking for a specific Z WR this class. Think Newsome or someone like that as we have a long shot at him. Then a W WR think Boykin/ESB/Strickland.
                                                                                                      Really think Boykin is basically in his own category. He's effectively Devin Funchess in HS (except maybe more athletic). I don't think he's a true "WR" recruit. I think we'll take 4 guys including Boykin at "WR" if Boykin is one. Or to put it another way I think we take up to 5 guys at WR/TE if Boykin is one. I do wonder what happens if he continues to string it out.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X