Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'15 TX WR Jalen Guyton (Notre Dame Signed NLI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShroudedInMystery View Post
    Even though it didn't work out at ND, this is a point in favor of the ND staff's ability as talent evaluators. There is a level of competence under Kelly that didn't exist for the decade before him.
    Funny that Stepherson is being discussed above in this thread because that's exactly who I thought of when you posted this. Both three star guys that I'm sure many thought would never be difference makers. Stepherson played at a very high level while he was with the team while Guyton never made any contribution, but both left the program in somewhat similar fashion (Guyton broke team rules I think? Stepherson did that AND got in legal trouble). Stepherson has resurfaced at FCS level and not done much while Guyton is now an NFL starter. Damn. If you had asked 3 years ago who would be the eventual NFL starter, you wouldn't even think twice.

To further your point about the staff evaluating WR talent: I'll add Will Fuller. He was a nothing special 3* when he committed before rising to a low 4* late in the process. Hopefully Watts turns out to be some mix (talent wise) of those 3 players.

Comment

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
      Funny that Stepherson is being discussed above in this thread because that's exactly who I thought of when you posted this. Both three star guys that I'm sure many thought would never be difference makers. Stepherson played at a very high level while he was with the team while Guyton never made any contribution, but both left the program in somewhat similar fashion (Guyton broke team rules I think? Stepherson did that AND got in legal trouble). Stepherson has resurfaced at FCS level and not done much while Guyton is now an NFL starter. Damn. If you had asked 3 years ago who would be the eventual NFL starter, you wouldn't even think twice.

To further your point about the staff evaluating WR talent: I'll add Will Fuller. He was a nothing special 3* when he committed before rising to a low 4* late in the process. Hopefully Watts turns out to be some mix (talent wise) of those 3 players.
      Will Fuller certainly cemented himself as the #1 guy for Houston last night following the departure of Hopkins. He just has to stay healthy.

Comment

• Having a day for the Chargers... To bad he didn’t work out for us!
        GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• Guyton sighting, just had a nice jet sweep.
          "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
          --Samuel L

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
            Not to derail the thread, but did Irish YJ edit this post or was this seriously a meme when he posted in 2015?

Comment

• Originally posted by bcole2 View Post

Not to derail the thread, but did Irish YJ edit this post or was this seriously a meme when he posted in 2015?
              And it was then that one among the fallen hath spoken and said, ‘Let us use the words of the most defiled against the house of man to rake in their faces their own begotten pride,… let us do it now, before the dark times to come, as a later torment… in this year two thousand and fifteen!’ And from that day forth the sons of Adam hath been warned.
              Last edited by ACamp1900; 10-05-2021, 09:36 PM.
              There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcole2 View Post

Woah.

Coronavirus’ have been around forever but crazy coincidence.
                "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X