Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'15 TX WR Jalen Guyton (Notre Dame Signed NLI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does wiskeyjack still do the depth chart spreadsheet? If so would love the link. Thanks!

Comment

• PM please. But not about this. I'm just looking for a really good banana bread recipe...

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishman77 View Post
        does wiskeyjack still do the depth chart spreadsheet? If so would love the link. Thanks!
        I need to update it, but thanks for the reminder! I'll get you a link early next week.

Comment

• Can someone please send me...no nevermind I don't give a shit.
          60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• Still waiting on my PM
            God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
              Can someone please send me...no nevermind I don't give a shit.
              Haha!!!! Reps, Nuke.......best post I've seen so far, and I concur!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                I need to update it, but thanks for the reminder! I'll get you a link early next week.

Comment

• waiting on my PM...

Comment

• PMs aren't coming boys.

Just like they didn't for Devonte.

It's a very sensitive matter I'm sure.

Comment

• it seems like they did and then the sender got bored and stopped

Comment

• Originally posted by koonja View Post
                        This is where I'm at.

The rumor will go on forever like it did with Neal, when in all reality if someone just said what happened we'd say 'sucks for the people involved and pissed we lost a 5 star (or in this case a 3-star WR)', and forget about it a week later.
                        That would definitely NOT happen. People still talk about Aaron Lynch, Manti, Gunner Kiel, hell, even Randy Moss, as if it were yesterday. And IF it made the university look bad, the nation wouldn't forget...just ask any other fanbase whether their team should suspend an arrested player, and they will immediately bring up Michael Floyd and his DUI. Even OUR fans always bring up Floyd when we talk about other teams' players when they get into legal trouble.

On another note, I just read through this whole ordeal wondering who the idiot was who said he had info he was willing to share, thus being the reason for us having to read through 60 "PM me please!" posts instead of real news, and the winner is........no one. No one at all. People are begging for a PM from a ghost lol.
                        sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

• Obviously unsubstantiated, so take it with a grain of salt. Some guy on the reddit CFB heard a few days ago he was under a r-investigation from something that happened the beginning of the semester.

Comment

• The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Sooooo apparently he's considering a transfer to OSU lol

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...to-ohio-state/

Comment

• Could this be linked to the girl who claimed a group of athletes in a dorm room sexually assaulted her earlier this year? Just throwing it out there, if that was the case then I could see why ND wouldn't want him back.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                  Sooooo apparently he's considering a transfer to OSU lol

Notre Dame WR ‘looking into’ Ohio State transfer |
                                  I saw somewhere last night,they would only take him as a walk on
                                  Originally posted by IrishFanJMercy View Post
                                  Could this be linked to the girl who claimed a group of athletes in a dorm room sexually assaulted her earlier this year? Just throwing it out there, if that was the case then I could see why ND wouldn't want him back.
                                  This is similar to the Rumor I have seen but wasn't a group.
                                  A lot of people were speculating at the time it was ESB but RUMOR was guyton
                                  Last edited by PANDFAN; 12-19-2015, 08:42 AM.
                                  EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishFanJMercy View Post
                                    Could this be linked to the girl who claimed a group of athletes in a dorm room sexually assaulted her earlier this year? Just throwing it out there, if that was the case then I could see why ND wouldn't want him back.
                                    If so he should be looking at Michigan.

Comment

• I demand to know the truth in this rumor!! It's my right as a member of this Notre Dame community!!

Comment

• PM y'all.

Sent from my Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk.

Comment

• If TP wanted to shoot down a pot smoking rumor so that people would not unfairly brand the kid a stoner Im guessing its not related to a sexual assault. I dont see why anyone would try to protect someone unfairly being branded a stoner because they are actually a sex criminal. Thats like putting up a vigorous defense to an accusation that you were out being unfaithful with the alibi that you were murdering someone.

Comment

• Unless he was dealing, I really don't see how this would be a whole University investigation.

Guess we'll find out in less than an hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShawneeIrish View Post
                                              If TP wanted to shoot down a pot smoking rumor so that people would not unfairly brand the kid a stoner Im guessing its not related to a sexual assault. I dont see why anyone would try to protect someone unfairly being branded a stoner because they are actually a sex criminal. Thats like putting up a vigorous defense to an accusation that you were out being unfaithful with the alibi that you were murdering someone.
                                              See, there is a lot in the world beyond being a 'sex criminal,' just like there is more than a simple category, 'pothead!'

Comment

• Officially gone.

It wasn't ever official before... right?

Comment

• It's complete bs what happened, and the girl dropped the charges but the University still kicked him out allegedly
                                                  “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                                                  ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• Originally posted by NDLightning35 View Post
                                                    It's complete bs what happened, and the girl dropped the charges but the University still kicked him out allegedly
                                                    What exactly happened?

Comment

It's complete bs what happened, and the girl dropped the charges but the University still kicked him out allegedly
                                                      News to me...

Comment

A girl had nothing to do with why he is gone.

Comment

• Soooo......why is he gone?

Comment

• Originally posted by OCIrish View Post
                                                            Soooo......why is he gone?
                                                            What did Davonte do???
                                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Signed with North Texas

Comment

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                                Signed with North Texas
                                                                Not sure how he was talent wise but we could've at least used him for depth.

Comment

• He had a good high school career playing with QB Murray(TAMU & now OU) at the top Texas high school program (Allen H.S.) in suburban Dallas. Had high hopes for him, and that ND had cracked the door to a treasure chest full of D1 prospects. Never got on track at ND.

Comment

• Played JC this fall. Had 45 catches/ 968 yards for Trinity Valley C.C.. Made ALL SWJCFC

Comment

• https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/unt-...1c11b8cf7.html

Leaving UNT early to try his luck in the pro's
                                                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Bit of a happy ending for a blast from the past

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">At <a href="https://twitter.com/MeanGreenFB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MeanGreenFB</a> pro day yesterday, WR Jalen Guyton (6007, 212) really looked good in his workout, caught the ball well and tested off the charts. Looks like he could get drafted late.<br><br>4.35 40<br>37.5 VJ<br>10-5 BJ<br>4.09 ss<br>6.90 3-cone<br>13 bench</p>&mdash; Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) <a href="https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/1111667240334553088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 29, 2019</a></blockquote>
                                                                        <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Originally posted by KizerWilhelm View Post
                                                                          Bit of a happy ending for a blast from the past

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">At <a href="https://twitter.com/MeanGreenFB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MeanGreenFB</a> pro day yesterday, WR Jalen Guyton (6007, 212) really looked good in his workout, caught the ball well and tested off the charts. Looks like he could get drafted late.<br><br>4.35 40<br>37.5 VJ<br>10-5 BJ<br>4.09 ss<br>6.90 3-cone<br>13 bench</p>&mdash; Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) <a href="https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/1111667240334553088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 29, 2019</a></blockquote>
                                                                          <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                          4.35?

I know it's their pro day and so things might be subject to a bit of homecooking, but he tested really well regardless and could have perhaps been useful for us if he could have stuck around.
                                                                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                            4.35?

I know it's their pro day and so things might be subject to a bit of homecooking, but he tested really well regardless and could have perhaps been useful for us if he could have stuck around.
                                                                            Had he stayed, he could have been a 5th year senior this upcoming season.

Nice lil stat line as UNT's #2 receiver both years.

<script type="text/javascript" src="//widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=cfb&url=%2Fcfb%2Fplayers%2Fjale n-guyton-1.html&div=div_receiving"></script>

Comment

• Guyton was supposed to be the first Stepherson. Shame it didn't work out at ND.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                                Guyton was supposed to be the first Stepherson. Shame it didn't work out at ND.
                                                                                I mean, Stepherson didn't exactly stick either.
                                                                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                                  I mean, Stepherson didn't exactly stick either.
                                                                                  Yeah, I meant it was a shame about both of them lol.

Comment

• Why was Guyton kicked out?

Comment

• Originally posted by JD Irish View Post
                                                                                      Why was Guyton kicked out?
                                                                                      He knew what Davonte did

Comment

• What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Speaking of Stepherson, has he resurfaced anywhere? What a stupid waste of talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                                                                                            Speaking of Stepherson, has he resurfaced anywhere? What a stupid waste of talent.
                                                                                            Not a word

Which hopefully might be a good thing

I'm sure ND set him up with support after all this. They don't exactly just kick kids to the curb and say figure it out. We all know this school. I hope Steph is doing well and has a successful life
                                                                                            Last edited by GBdomer; 03-29-2019, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JD Irish View Post
                                                                                              Why was Guyton kicked out?
                                                                                              Interesting article in The Athletic about Guyton. No mention in the body of the article about why he was kicked out, but in the Comments section at the bottom of the article there are some rape allegations? First time I heard of this. IS this true?

Comment

• yeah the rumor was something in the sexual assualt realm. Never confirmed, which of course is to be expected. University certainly can't say anything and the player's wise to keep his mouth shut.

Comment

• listed as starting slot for LA Chargers Week 1
                                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Even though it didn't work out at ND, this is a point in favor of the ND staff's ability as talent evaluators. There is a level of competence under Kelly that didn't exist for the decade before him.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X