Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'15 TX WR Jalen Guyton (Notre Dame Signed NLI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    Why not? If his goal is to influence the narrative without embarrassing Guyton, saying, "It's not disciplinary or grades-related", while refusing to name the specific reason makes plenty of sense. People get bent out of shape when they mistakenly assume that he's posting here for our benefit.

First off, that isn't what he said. He said
    None of the reason given here are the reason.
    People had guessed some other things (such as weed).

Also if he is going to be cryptic and post like that then of course it will upset some people (not me, I really don't care why Guyton is gone) and I don't blame those people. I am not arguing that he should care about what we think but that people being disgruntled when he is cryptic isn't shocking and in some ways I can understand that feeling.

Comment

• Whoever first PM's me the info will get...one hundred billion vBucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
        I generally agree with your point. I've made the same mistake before, basically trying to post "it's not XYZ" but without the permission to share what it actually is. It comes from a place of trust... where if the people giving you info ask you not to share, you can't violate that trust...

...but it's annoying as hell to the people participating in the thread because it comes off as "I know stuff but refuse to share." Which is very lame. So I pretty much don't post "cryptic" anymore unless it's an egregious error that needs correcting. Because otherwise the net positive to the thread doesn't outweigh the net negative.

So yeah... none of the above really helps the discussion at all, but in short I get where you're coming from. I also get where TP is coming from, because he's trying to squash BS without causing MORE BS by putting stuff out there that's going to cause unnecessary/unfair angst.
        I agree. What I think people are missing is that TP didn't come on here with a cryptic message about Guyton. What he did was quelch some of the comments that had already popped up, regard that he may have gotten busted with weed or had issues with grades. TP didn't bring the info to the board or make any insinuations of what was going on. He simply gave us the heads up that some of the things being insinuated were incorrect. We should thank him for that, not give him a hard time.
        Originally posted by koonja
        I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

It's not necessarily bullsh!t. If we found out he was intentionally leaking inaccurate information to IE, the consequences would be swift and severe. But just because an insider chooses to share some of what he knows here, that doesn't entitle you or anyone else to everything he knows on the subject. He's not trolling; he just has objectives other than providing you with a full understanding of the situation. If you can come to grips with that, you should find his partial disclosures cease to aggravate you.

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
          I generally agree with your point. I've made the same mistake before, basically trying to post "it's not XYZ" but without the permission to share what it actually is. It comes from a place of trust... where if the people giving you info ask you not to share, you can't violate that trust...

...but it's annoying as hell to the people participating in the thread because it comes off as "I know stuff but refuse to share." Which is very lame. So I pretty much don't post "cryptic" anymore unless it's an egregious error that needs correcting. Because otherwise the net positive to the thread doesn't outweigh the net negative.

So yeah... none of the above really helps the discussion at all, but in short I get where you're coming from. I also get where TP is coming from, because he's trying to squash BS without causing MORE BS by putting stuff out there that's going to cause unnecessary/unfair angst.
          One of you does a much better job of relaying your point than the other! No issues whiskey, just frustrating. All of us are in the same boat, we all love the ND. This site or Gold helmet used to have a forum for paying members for the sharing of "inside" information. Would gladly pay that fee again if we had the same benefit.
          Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

Comment

They don't accept vBucks.
            Thanks Obama

Comment

• Originally posted by pkt77242 View Post
              First off, that isn't what he said. He said

People had guessed some other things (such as weed).

Also if he is going to be cryptic and post like that then of course it will upset some people (not me, I really don't care why Guyton is gone) and I don't blame those people. I am not arguing that he should care about what we think but that people being disgruntled when he is cryptic isn't shocking and in some ways I can understand that feeling.
              I can understand it, too. If some rando without TP's bona fides started posting like that, he'd probably get run off pretty quickly. But as wooly and Lax pointed out, TP is a confirmed insider, so even if all he does is shoot down the inaccurate reasons for Guyton's dismissal, then he's provided a service here, and we know more than we otherwise would.

Comment

• WHO CARES WHAT TP SAID HIS WORD IS FULL OF SHIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by koonja View Post
                  WHO CARES WHAT TP SAID HIS WORD IS FULL OF SHIT.
                  ?

Comment

• Isn't it obvious?? Guyton fell to the darkside, he's a sith lord now.
                    .....Before I Get Out

Comment

• Originally posted by goldandblue View Post
                      One of you does a much better job of relaying your point than the other! No issues whiskey, just frustrating. All of us are in the same boat, we all love the ND. This site or Gold helmet used to have a forum for paying members for the sharing of "inside" information. Would gladly pay that fee again if we had the same benefit.
                      I'm not trying to be a d!ck about this, so apologies if my earlier posts were less than helpful. TP is an insider, and he often can't divulge everything he knows because doing so would betray the confidence of his sources. We're still better off with partial knowledge than nothing at all. Dunno what else to tell you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                        ?
                        TP is an initialism for toilet paper. Koon has a sh!tty sense of humor.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                          and we really don't have as much WR depth as we think..
                          This! We have lost five WRs since signing day 2015 with the potential to lose one more in Fuller if he declares...Prosise and Brent moved to RB, Brown and Carlisle graduate, and now Guyton is transferring. The days of an abundance of options at WR are over for now. Our WR depth is precarious heading into 2016...

Outside WR - Robinson, ESB, Boykin, Holmes (Claypool and Stepherson)

Slot - Hunter Jr, Sanders

If Fuller comes back (fingers crossed), I think we are okay. If he leaves, we are definitely vulnerable at the position, which is really surprising considering where we stood on NSD last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                            I agree. What I think people are missing is that TP didn't come on here with a cryptic message about Guyton. What he did was quelch some of the comments that had already popped up, regard that he may have gotten busted with weed or had issues with grades. TP didn't bring the info to the board or make any insinuations of what was going on. He simply gave us the heads up that some of the things being insinuated were incorrect. We should thank him for that, not give him a hard time.
                            Also, none of this was directed at TP from my perspective. You are the one That brought his name into the discussion.
                            Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

Comment

Also, none of this was directed at TP from my perspective. You are the one That brought his name into the discussion.
                              I did? lol

I didn't say anything about TP until that comment. The conversation regarding him was two pages deep at that point. What in the hell are you talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                I did? lol

I didn't say anything about TP until that comment. The conversation regarding him was two pages deep at that point. What in the hell are you talking about?
                                Lol... Sorry about that Wooly or Whiskey or whoever you are...

Comment

• Rumor is he tampered with FakeSwarbrick's shoelaces at the Walleyball courts
                                  Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

You complained about people posting "all cryptic and ****" less than 2 minutes after TP clarified that "[n]one of the reasons given here are the reason". Prior to that, no one had pretended to special knowledge of the situation. So who were you venting at if not TP?

Comment

• Somebody PM me if you deem it a big deal. If it's not, don't.

The onus is on you.

Comment

• Did anyone actually get a PM?

If so, I'd appreciate one too...please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                                          Did anyone actually get a PM?

If so, I'd appreciate one too...please.
                                          It was all an elaborate hoax.

Comment

• "Did you get a gun?"

Comment

"Did you get a gun?"

Comment

• Originally posted by NDWorld247 View Post
                                                This "rumor" has been out there for a few months so most people close to the program saw this coming for a while. I read about it somewhere (can't remember where) in late Oct/early Nov. If the report I read is true, expect at least one more transfer (non-contributor to date) before the spring semester begins.
                                                Now you have peaked my interest. If you could kindly pm me?
                                                Last edited by Sherm Sticky; 12-18-2015, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• I wasn't trying to be "cryptic" or hide info from you. I was just stating the "guesses" on this site weren't correct. There is no reason to label a kid a "pothead" when he isn't a pothead.

I have no agenda, other than just trying to not give the kid a label that isn't true.

If the circumstances of why he was being suspended were supposed to be public knowledge, then Notre Dame or even the Premium sites would have given the specifics. Sometimes everyone actually has the kids best interest involved versus trying to be first to report news, be an insider or gain respect from a message board.

Having 50 different rumors doesn't do anyone any favors, I was just trying to stop the burning bush.
                                                  http://irishtp.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NDWorld247 View Post
                                                    This! We have lost five WRs since signing day 2015 with the potential to lose one more in Fuller if he declares...Prosise and Brent moved to RB, Brown and Carlisle graduate, and now Guyton is transferring. The days of an abundance of options at WR are over for now. Our WR depth is precarious heading into 2016...

Outside WR - Robinson, ESB, Boykin, Holmes (Claypool and Stepherson)

Slot - Hunter Jr, Sanders

If Fuller comes back (fingers crossed), I think we are okay. If he leaves, we are definitely vulnerable at the position, which is really surprising considering where we stood on NSD last year.
                                                    Agree not as deep at WR as we all once thought.

But, we will pickup one or maybe two more WR's this class.

I think Brent has to move back to WR though.

Comment

• "For God's Sake just give me the damn Rumor!"

Comment

"For God's Sake just give me the damn Rumor!"

After reading all of my PMs...I better not. Ha!

Comment

• I've never seen the board so upbeat after a player was kicked off the team...LOL.

Comment

• A little late to the party, any kind enough to PM me as well? Thanks

Comment

• Can I get a pm as well? Thanks

Comment

• People begging for PM's?

Come on now.

Comment

• What's the story here?
                                                                  God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• Opens up scholarship for more defensive players.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Comment

"Did you get a gun?"

Mmmm, Lauren Holly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                                                                        People begging for PM's?

Come on now.

Shit, forget begging, can't even buy a PM. My offer of $100 billion vBucks has gone unpaid.

Comment

• 1 million vbucks to whoever sends me the juiciest rumor. Do not care at all if there's any truth to it. YOLO.

Comment

• Sounds like Keith Arnold is in the dark as well:

Multiple reports have freshman wide receiver Jalen Guyton‘s time at Notre Dame coming to a close.

The Allen, Texas product has reportedly been suspended from the program and will not travel with the team to Arizona. The university confirmed the news, telling Irish Illustrated that Guyton “has been suspended from all football-related activities pending the resolution of a private University process.”

The loss has little impact on the immediate for Notre Dame and might allow the Irish to add another recruit to their signing class that’ll close in February. But Allen was a well thought of recruit, a late-riser on the national scene who paired with five-star quarterback Kyler Murray for a dominant senior season. Murray shook up the SEC this week when he announced he would be the second former blue-chip recruit to transfer from Texas A&M this December.

While the cryptic confirmation of the suspension leads you to believe his departure will stem from a disciplinary or academic matter, Guyton’s road to the field looked crowded even if he stayed in the program. While Will Fuller could still change his mind and head to the NFL, Guyton faced a backlog at the position, courtesy of some stellar recruiting and positional depth.

Friday is the final day of the fall semester. If Guyton plans to transfer, he’ll likely be making those decisions in the coming days. Notre Dame has receivers Chase Claypool and Kevin Stepherson in the 2016 recruiting class and are a few other elite targets at the position.

Comment

1 million vbucks to whoever sends me the juiciest rumor. Do not care at all if there's any truth to it. YOLO.
                                                                              Maybe it has something to do with him and Kyler Murray conspiring on where they were going to play together after they decomitted?
                                                                              Last edited by Booslum31; 12-18-2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• I just received a PM indicating that his being asked to leave has to do with his Satan worshiping and ISIS affiliation. Also, it is rumored that he is anti-Under Armour and jumbotron.

Comment

• Can we start a Jalen spoiler and non spoiler thread?

Comment

• Thanks for the PM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by rocket66 View Post
                                                                                      Thanks for the PM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                                                      Can you PM me the content of your previous PM?

Comment

• Originally posted by irish o'phile View Post
                                                                                        Can you PM me the content of your previous PM?
                                                                                        Now you are just being greedy!

Comment

• Safe to assume that he will probably follow Murray to whichever school he ends up at?? So long as the school wants Guyton, obviously.

Comment

• They're all transferring to UCLA.

Comment

1 million vbucks to whoever sends me the juiciest rumor. Do not care at all if there's any truth to it. YOLO.
                                                                                              He punched Jimmymac for never doing the naked lap. No Info

Comment

• Every time we seem loaded at a position we seem to have a drastic change of events come fall. Look at rb depth headed into last year.

What if.....brent leaves, Holmes never puts it together and fuller goes pro.

ESB, Boykin , sanders, and claypool need to get good fast imho

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishman77 View Post
                                                                                                  Every time we seem loaded at a position we seem to have a drastic change of events come fall. Look at rb depth headed into last year.

What if.....brent leaves, Holmes never puts it together and fuller goes pro.

ESB, Boykin , sanders, and claypool need to get good fast imho
                                                                                                  Good point...it does seem to work that way sometimes. I think ESB is going to be a stud next year regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                                                                                    He punched Jimmymac for never doing the naked lap. No Info
                                                                                                    Finally!

Comment

• I mean is it safe to say it's pretty serious if the University is dealing with it?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X