Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'15 IN LB Josh Barajas (Notre Dame Signed NLI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '15 IN LB Josh Barajas (Notre Dame Signed NLI)

    Josh Barajas | Linebacker

    <TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD width=200>

    Merrillville, Indiana
    Andrean High School

    Height: 6'3
    Weight: 210
    Forty:
    </TD><TD vAlign=top>RANKING
    Rivals: OLB #14 | Overall #206
    247: ILB #2 | Overall #157
    Scout: OLB #11 | Overall #113
    ESPN: ILB #9 | Overall #283
    247 Composite: ILB #4 | Overall #168

    STATISTICS | Defense
    2013: 92 Tackles, 5 Sacks, 2 INTs
    2014:
    </TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

    OFFERS:
    Notre Dame
    Boston College
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Maryland
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Missouri
    N.C. State
    Ohio State
    Ole Miss
    Oregon
    Penn State
    Purdue
    Tennessee
    Virginia Tech
    Wisconsin

    ND Recruiter:Brian VanGorder| Mike Elston

    Josh Barajas - Hudl
    Last edited by Ironman8; 05-30-2014, 09:01 AM.
    “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

  • #2
    Big Time Programs Coming After Josh Barajas

    Free 247 article.

    Second to Bilal in Indiana in Wiltfong's opinion
    Last edited by STLDomer; 02-13-2014, 11:48 AM.
    “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

    Comment


    • #3
      How many linebackers is the staff trying to take? I like his tape, he is a thumper and would go great playing next to Morgan

      Comment


      • #4
        He looks fast at well or at least plays fast.
        God Country Notre Dame
        http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
          Big Time Programs Coming After Josh Barajas

          Free 247 article.

          Second to Bilal in Indiana in Wiltfong's opinion
          Really liked this bit about his ability to play in coverage and hit:

          Workouts during the recent college winter evaluation period would have several Big Ten coaches at Andrean watching Barajas, who was such a versatile player during the fall that he even played some cornerback when needed.

          “When the ball is snapped, I would compare to him to a cougar,” Mason said. “He likes to be out in space. He likes to spy. When he sees his time he just unleashes. He’s a tremendous kid at using his hands and his leverage and his speed, and he finishes. I’ve never seen a high school kid finish the way he finishes. When he gets contact with the ball carrier, that kid is going backwards and going backwards with force.”

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
            How many linebackers is the staff trying to take? I like his tape, he is a thumper and would go great playing next to Morgan
            I would think 3 if you consider CATs as LB prospects with a guy like Hilliard always having a spot.
            “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

            Comment


            • #7
              I would be happy with him.

              Comment


              • #8
                Haven't seen anything official, but people have been congratulating him on twitter about an offer from ND.

                Comment


                • #9
                  really seems like early on the staff is going after ILB type guys that can run and play in space.
                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                    I would think 3 if you consider CATs as LB prospects with a guy like Hilliard always having a spot.
                    Looking at our roster, I'd guess 4-5 based on ideal depth targets, but we may end up with less due to the small size of the class: 1 WLB/ DOLB, 1-2 ILBs, and 1-2 SLBs/ ROLBs.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Weird. I vaguely know of another Josh Barajas that goes to that school and I thought it was him. Guess not.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                        Looking at our roster, I'd guess 4-5 based on ideal depth targets, but we may end up with less due to the small size of the class: 1 WLB/ DOLB, 1-2 ILBs, and 1-2 SLBs/ ROLBs.
                        I still think LB is the biggest position of need even though the staff did pretty well with the last class. I expect at least 3 LBs.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                          Big Time Programs Coming After Josh Barajas

                          Free 247 article.

                          Second to Bilal in Indiana in Wiltfong's opinion
                          I'm liking him more than Bilal. Pretty damn good Junior film. Wow!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Offer him and Bilal and we have two automatic commits. Add them to Hilliard and Cornell and call it a LB corp.
                            It's Just a Ride.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              People seem to think he will get an offer

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by NDSean44 View Post
                                Offer him and Bilal and we have two automatic commits. Add them to Hilliard and Cornell and call it a LB corp.
                                Wouldn't quite call them automatic commits. Bilal possibly, but if Alabama gets in the picture, it may drag out longer than you hope. Also, Barajas grew up as an Ohio State fan, and it looks like they are starting to poke their nose into his recruitment.

                                However, I share you desire for that LB haul. Would be pretty epic.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Brian31 View Post
                                  I'm liking him more than Bilal. Pretty damn good Junior film. Wow!
                                  I actually agree with this. They're close - I think Barajas is probably a higher floor/lower ceiling type whereas Bilal is the opposite. Would like to see us take both if we whiff on some plan A kids (which I think we are - aside from Hilliard who is a take regardless).

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    This kid hits. That reminds me of few since Butkus. But, this kid plays in space and has superior ball skills. What did he play four or five positions on either side of the ball in his tape?

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      MSU offered on his visit
                                      “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Made a short spur of the moment visit to UM after MSU. He's their only LB offer at the MIKE spot right now
                                        “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Bumped to Overall #191 in the updated Rivals 250
                                          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Seems to be a heck of a lot of Indiana talent this year

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              "Barajas did not pick up his first offer until December, but has quickly caught the attention of all the top teams in the region. The Chicago transplant has great size at 6-foot-3 and 210 pounds and plays with an edge to his game. He has the speed and athleticism to play in space, yet is strong enough to hold up at the point of attack and defend the run." - Josh Helmholdt, Rivals.com Midwest Recruiting Analyst - See more at: http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1610978#sthash.55qIiOse.dpuf"

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by EuropeanDomer View Post
                                                "Barajas did not pick up his first offer until December, but has quickly caught the attention of all the top teams in the region. The Chicago transplant has great size at 6-foot-3 and 210 pounds and plays with an edge to his game. He has the speed and athleticism to play in space, yet is strong enough to hold up at the point of attack and defend the run." - Josh Helmholdt, Rivals.com Midwest Recruiting Analyst - See more at: http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1610978#sthash.55qIiOse.dpuf"
                                                Dear BK,

                                                Please get.

                                                Regards,
                                                Irish#1

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by rikkitikki08 View Post
                                                  Seems to be a heck of a lot of Indiana talent this year
                                                  Legitimately ND could take as many as five Indiana kids this year. That's crazy in such a small class.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Originally posted by rikkitikki08 View Post
                                                    Seems to be a heck of a lot of Indiana talent this year
                                                    Originally posted by irishfanjho15 View Post
                                                    Legitimately ND could take as many as five Indiana kids this year. That's crazy in such a small class.
                                                    No 5 talent but good depth. If you offered me Tranquill, Bilal, Barajas and maybe even Tiassum and one of the OL guys I would take it.
                                                    “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Bumped to Overall #143 in the updated 24/7 rankings.
                                                      This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                        Bumped to Overall #143 in the updated 24/7 rankings.
                                                        Pretty much everyone we recently offered or showed increased interest in made a jump. Ofodile, Hill, Barajas, Bilal, Clark etc off the top of my head
                                                        “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          TJ said today he will be very surprised if Barajas doesn't get an offer.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Wiltfong CB'd him to scUM
                                                            “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                              Wiltfong CB'd him to scUM
                                                              Wiltfong gave some thoughts on this. He could very easily change it to ND after his Junior Day visit. Barajas is equally high on ND and his dad is an Irish fan. He goes to a Catholic school and is only a short drive from Campus. Michigan really impressed the Barajas family and how they interacted with the staff. The bar is set high for ND but we could set the bar higher.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                LB Josh Barajas talks #Wisconsin offer, #Michigan visit, upcoming trips to #NotreDame & #OhioState and more: recruiting.scout.com/2/1378214.html

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  i expect an offer soon if he's got plans of a trip to ND and Urban will likely offer him on his visit there as well.
                                                                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                                    Wiltfong CB'd him to scUM
                                                                    Tell Wiltfong it's still early.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      It's been trending this way but TJ confirmed that of the three IN LB's(bilal, Kirkland, and Barajas) Barajas is the highest rated by Nd's staff.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>2015 LB Josh Barajas heating up. Says Michigan definitely near the top for him. Spoke with Coach Mattison tonight.</p>&mdash; Brandon Brown (@CoachBrown3) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachBrown3/statuses/438848996694822912">February 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
                                                                        <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                        This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>2015 LB Josh Barajas heating up. Says Michigan definitely near the top for him. Spoke with Coach Mattison tonight.</p>&mdash; Brandon Brown (@CoachBrown3) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachBrown3/statuses/438848996694822912">February 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
                                                                          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Dude's top-notch ILB from our backyard. Why haven't we offered yet? Just waiting to do it in person when he visits?

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                                                                              Dude's top-notch ILB from our backyard. Why haven't we offered yet? Just waiting to do it in person when he visits?
                                                                              There have been some quality guys going all over the country from Indiana of late. UGA, Clemson took a couple, but if this guy is high on Michigan then we have a problem with the way our own state is recruited. These guys should automatically think that Notre Dame is the place they want to be if they can get an offer, but we have not put in the time over the years to make that the case. We NEED to offer him when he visits or in my opinion we will see him lined up for the Wolverines. Nothing could get under my skin more than an in state kid that obviously is deserving of an offer that goes to a rival without an offer from us.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                                                                                Dude's top-notch ILB from our backyard. Why haven't we offered yet? Just waiting to do it in person when he visits?
                                                                                He will be offered this weekend.
                                                                                This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                                  He will be offered this weekend.
                                                                                  The other day Loy suggested that an offer this weekend could end his recruitment. I wouldn't say no to that.
                                                                                  If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Kaneyoufeelit View Post
                                                                                    The other day Loy suggested that an offer this weekend could end his recruitment. I wouldn't say no to that.
                                                                                    This kid and Hilliard would be an awesome LB class.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                                      He will be offered this weekend.
                                                                                      I think Boykin does as well.
                                                                                      "I'm not a film evaluator"
                                                                                      - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
                                                                                        I think Boykin does as well.
                                                                                        Not to hijack Barajas's thread, but Tj on II hinted that it is not likely this weekend and he might have a little more work to do/more evaluating.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                                                          Not to hijack Barajas's thread, but Tj on II hinted that it is not likely this weekend and he might have a little more work to do/more evaluating.
                                                                                          Good to know. Thanks for the info.
                                                                                          "I'm not a film evaluator"
                                                                                          - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46
                                                                                            @SWiltfong247: #NotreDame related update on Top247 LB Josh Barajas heading into Saturday's #Irish visit: Made A Crystal Ball Switch to ND for Josh Barajas via @247Sports #ND #Irish

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              Wiltfong CB to ND.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                Yeah Wiltfong says in his update that Barajas and his family are really fired up for the visit, and that there is a good chance ND blows them away this weekend. He has no timetable for his decision and does like Michigan a fair amount, and also wants to take other visits to ensure his choice is his final one and best place for him.

                                                                                                With that being said, Wiltfong would not be surprised if ND blew him away enough to the point where the above is overcome and he commits. Either way, it looks like a strong visit this weekend at the very least puts in the drivers seat for his NLI on NSD.
                                                                                                This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So excited for my first Notre Dame visit 😈🍀</p>&mdash; Josh Barajas (@ScoopNScore11) <a href="https://twitter.com/ScoopNScore11/statuses/439760760231563264">March 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
                                                                                                  <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    First? As in there will be more visits to ND? Eh? Eh?
                                                                                                    If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X