Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'15 IN ATH Justin Tranquill (WMU Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '15 IN ATH Justin Tranquill (WMU Verbal)

Fort Wayne, IN
    Carroll HS

Ht: 5'11''
    Weight: 195

Rankings:
    247 Comp: 0.8883 #326 Overall
    247: 89
    Scout: #202 Overall
    Rivals: 5.6
    ESPN:

Offers:
    Eastern Michigan
    Toledo
    Purdue

Junior Highlights
    Junior Season 2013-2014
    Last edited by Kaneyoufeelit; 06-03-2014, 03:22 PM.
    If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

I have a feeling today won't be the last day we discuss him so I think he should have his own thread. I will fill it out in a few minutes
    If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

I was just starting to look for his thread haha. Thanks for starting it up!

Comment

What position is he most likely to play for ND once he commits?

Comment

Originally posted by rikkitikki08 View Post
          It's hard to say, but I find it odd that services have him listed as a safety prospect. Much like Budda Baker, they seem too small for safety but perfect for a a CB/WR. I guess time will tell but I think his tag right now is ATH.

Comment

If he grows a little, I'd say either CB/S/WR.

Comment

Originally posted by rikkitikki08 View Post
              Don't know if he ever gets offered. He's truly a tweener right now. Very fluid athlete and very quick, but also undersized for safety. Is he athletic enough for CB? What about RB/WR?

Needs to grow 2 inches. If he grows two inches, IMO he is an elite safety prospect. He's more athletic than Drue, which is saying something.

Comment

Screw it, let's make him a tight end. He'll alternate between that and Cat.

Comment

I dont know if we will offer, but it looks like he would be a safety
                  God Country Notre Dame
                  http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

DT

Comment

If he is going to get an offer it probably won't be until late in the cycle. Next years class is expected to be small and like others have said unless he grows he's in a tough spot position wise.

Comment

Originally posted by irishog77 View Post
                        DT
                        3-4 NG or 4-3 DT?

Comment

Based upon Drue's listed height over the last couple of years (if accurate) and how little he grew his last two years of high school, I don't think Justin will be growing very much.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                            Don't know if he ever gets offered. He's truly a tweener right now. Very fluid athlete and very quick, but also undersized for safety. Is he athletic enough for CB? What about RB/WR?

Needs to grow 2 inches. If he grows two inches, IMO he is an elite safety prospect. He's more athletic than Drue, which is saying something.
                            5'11" = Undersized, not athletic enough. Should not offer

6'1" = ELITE

haha... just messin' lax...
                            Originally posted by koonja
                            I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Replacement for Nix?
                              "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

On the offensive side, he plays just about all the skill positions.......except TE, since I don't really think they utilized one last season. He looked awfully impressive in the slot when I saw him play, very athletic!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                  Based upon Drue's listed height over the last couple of years (if accurate) and how little he grew his last two years of high school, I don't think Justin will be growing very much.
                                  Sorry man that's not quite how it works, actually most little brothers out grow their older brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by jmurphy75 View Post
                                    Sorry man that's not quite how it works, actually most little brothers out grow their older brothers.
                                    I agree, usually younger brother outgrows older. But I'm guessing if older bro stopped growing when he was a sophomore, then I would think usually younger bro isn't going to grow a lot when he's a senior. I could be way off on this one, but that's what seems logical to this accountant. Any doctors in the house?

Comment

Not necessarily true. My brother grew a lot longer than I did. Not everyone grows the same way, even within families.

Comment

I have four boys all pretty much identical in size and height. The oldest was extremely short until between his junior and senior years when he ended up 5'8". The others were taller when they were younger and got to 5'8" around their sophomore years. You just never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                          If he is going to get an offer it probably won't be until late in the cycle. Next years class is expected to be small and like others have said unless he grows he's in a tough spot position wise.
                                          I feel like every class is supposed to be small, but then Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by irishog77 View Post
                                            DT
                                            ucla just offered

Comment

Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                              ucla just offered
                                              Drue gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Coach D on ISD reviewed his film and hopes ND offers him. Thinks he is tough, athletic and versatile, and would be best at either slot or corner while helping on ST.
                                                This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

I'm thinking it will be a huge battle between us and Eastern Michigan. Do not want at this point...you can find all his attributes in a much bigger frame. Looking at his picture leads me to believe that he's done with his growth spurts...they don't usually occur once you've developed that much physically. Don't hate on me, it's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                    ucla just offered
                                                    But has Michigan State?

Comment

I saw Tranquill and didnt see the verbal. I immediately was like WTF!?

Yeah...

Comment

does he return kicks?

Comment

Slot/special teams. If he bulks up Cam/D Woodhead role.
                                                          Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

I think he could be a slot prospect in the same mold as Wes Welker. Such a great weapon to have, but ND never seems to have one or use them correctly.

Comment

Scout.com: Video: Justin Tranquill at Core 6 Showcase
                                                              <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VWFyakw8USo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                              EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Originally posted by NDhoosier View Post
                                                                I think he could be a slot prospect in the same mold as Wes Welker. Such a great weapon to have, but ND never seems to have one or use them correctly.
                                                                Every short white WR recruit ever.

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                                  Scout.com: Video: Justin Tranquill at Core 6 Showcase
                                                                  <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VWFyakw8USo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                                  Boy is he quick. Exceptional feet.

Comment

Great closing speed once the ball is the air.

Backpedal, backpedal, backpedal, flip the hips, trailing, trailing, trailing, accelerate, pass-breakup.

Comment

Originally posted by JTLA View Post
                                                                      Every short white WR recruit ever.
                                                                      lol, Wes Welker is a great weapon to have if you can utilize him correctly, that is the way I envision the slot here at ND, but it has not worked out yet.

However, after seeing that video, he could be a CB...

Comment

Per Wiltfong, he'll be at Junior Day.

Comment

Per Wiltfong, he'll be at Junior Day.
                                                                          Wonderful news

Comment

gonna need to measure well to get an offer imo...not that i don't like having guys like him on the team.

would be blowing up if he had his brother's size
                                                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                              gonna need to measure well to get an offer imo...not that i don't like having guys like him on the team.

would be blowing up if he had his brother's size
                                                                              We are going to see a much different profile for CB's going forward. BVG likes to play a lot of Dime and Nickel. Some corners will be smaller and quicker. He could fill that role. His feet are exceptional in that video above and I don't think that's an exaggeration.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                will he be high enough on our board to warrant an offer?? idk if he will in the spring time...may be a summer time offer like his brother

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I think if he is offered it is as an Athlete (like his brother), who can play Slot WR, CB, or Safety, and contribute on all special teams.
                                                                                  This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                                    will he be high enough on our board to warrant an offer?? idk if he will in the spring time...may be a summer time offer like his brother
                                                                                    Probably not, your right. I wasn't trying to imply its a no brainer offer. I was just pointing out that he's probably closer to an offer now than he was a few moths ago. I would bet that we recruit him without an offer for awhile. Like you said I could see a late summer offer if we're not liking the traction we're getting with better prospects. With that said it wouldn't surprise me if the staff likes what they see and offers. I wouldn't bet on it but again it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Probably not, your right. I wasn't trying to imply its a no brainer offer. I was just pointing out that he's probably closer to an offer now than he was a few moths ago. I would bet that we recruit him without an offer for awhile. Like you said I could see a late summer offer if we're not liking the traction we're getting with better prospects. With that said it wouldn't surprise me if the staff likes what they see and offers. I wouldn't bet on it but again it wouldn't surprise me.
                                                                                      i hear ya...gonna be interesting to see how this one goes down the stretch.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I want him. Watch Drew's tapes. This kid is an athlete. I see him returning punts like Zibby.

Sent from my Etch-a-sketch using Tapatalk.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          We are going to see a much different profile for CB's going forward. BVG likes to play a lot of Dime and Nickel. Some corners will be smaller and quicker. He could fill that role. His feet are exceptional in that video above and I don't think that's an exaggeration.
                                                                                          Lucky, he's really got some great feet!!! I watched him and his brother dismantle my alma mater in the playoffs last season, Justin more so than Drue......but the kid was all over the field!! I was very impressed with his athleticism......

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            the Tranquill's are the McCarthy brothers but with more athleticism
                                                                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Looks like Justin had a great showing at the Core 6 showcase:

Defensive MVP: Fort Wayne (Ind.) Carroll 2015 athlete Justin Tranquill could have easily won MVP honors, as there absolutely wasn’t a receiver in the building he couldn’t run with. A standout during positions drills, the agile Tranquill was able to stick to any pass catcher trying to elude him during 1-on-1s. Tranquill did in fact win MVP honors at the Core 6 Showcase in the Chicago area last month. Illinois, Indiana and Purdue are among the early scholarships for the 5-foot-11, 195-pound Tranquill.
                                                                                              Core 6 Athletes Cincinnati Recap

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by ResLife Hero View Post
                                                                                                Looks like Justin had a great showing at the Core 6 showcase:

Core 6 Athletes Cincinnati Recap
                                                                                                Really like his potential at corner, but we'll see.
                                                                                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Redbar View Post
                                                                                                  If he bulks up Cam/D Woodhead role.
                                                                                                  Originally posted by NDhoosier View Post
                                                                                                  I think he could be a slot prospect in the same mold as Wes Welker.
                                                                                                  Originally posted by CTHindman View Post
                                                                                                  I see him returning punts like Zibby.
                                                                                                  Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                                  the Tranquill's are the McCarthy brothers but with more athleticism
                                                                                                  He's a cross between Toby Gerhart and Jason Sehorn. With the blue-collar toughness of Ed McCaffrey.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Just offer him already damnit.
                                                                                                    Hi!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X