Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'15 CA QB Blake Barnett (Arizona State Transfer)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '15 CA QB Blake Barnett (Arizona State Transfer)

    Quarterback
    Corona, California
    Santiago HS



    Measurables
    Height: 6'4"
    Weight: 195
    40: guessing about 4.7ish

    Stats
    2012:
    2013:
    2014:

    Rankings
    Rivals: #2 DT QB | #64 Overall
    247: 90 Rating, #44 CA, #19 Pro QB, #338 Overall
    ESPN: QB-PP #3 | Overall #86
    Scout: QB #6
    247 Composite: 90 Rating, #36 CA, #11 Pro QB

    Offers
    Notre Dame (Verbal)
    Arizona
    California
    Colorado
    Duke
    Michigan
    Ole Miss
    UCLA
    West Virginia

    Highlights
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/93UqTlmyhMM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/93UqTlmyhMM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 06-04-2014, 08:07 PM.

  • #2
    the next Tate Forcier?
    What did Davonte do?

    Comment


    • #3
      Offered by both UCLA and Arizona this month. Is really balling out this season. With all of the talent at QB in Cali and elsewhere in 2015, it looks like UCLA might have him at the top of their board.

      His highlights from this season are boss. I think he eventually ends up in the 95-98 rating range once he puts together a full body of work.

      Visiting for USC game and could get an offer.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
        the next Tate Forcier?
        say wut?
        Originally posted by koonja
        I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
          say wut?
          kid's tape just reminds me of him. Shifty runner with a funny throwing motion. Barnett is obviously much taller but I just thought there were some similarities there.
          What did Davonte do?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
            kid's tape just reminds me of him. Shifty runner with a funny throwing motion. Barnett is obviously much taller but I just thought there were some similarities there.
            Let's try to find a different shifty runner to compare him to, shall we?

            I would like to burn Taint Forcer out of my memory...
            Originally posted by koonja
            I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

            Comment


            • #7
              The play starting at 3:58 where it is a broken play and he throws it 55 yards in the air on the money is just sick. Malik Zaire excepted because we haven't seen him yet, there isn't a QB on our roster that can make that throw. And this guy is 17 years old and hasn't packed on muscle yet.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                Let's try to find a different shifty runner to compare him to, shall we?

                I would like to burn Taint Forcer out of my memory...
                I think he looks like Taylor Kelly. Others say Marcus Mariota.

                Comment


                • #9
                  This guy should be our top target for 2015. Runs like a deer and has a cannon for an arm.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    that gallopy style...Cade McNown! :D
                    What did Davonte do?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GoIrish41 View Post
                      This guy should be our top target for 2015. Runs like a deer and has a cannon for an arm.
                      I like the kid a lot but have you watched the other 2015 QB's. He's definitely moving up the list but to put him at the top right now is a stretch, IMO.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Definitely see a ton of Mariota in that highlight. Wow, that kid can really move. Does have a bit of a funky delivery - seems to be a bit slow and short armed, but gets good velocity and accuracy regardless. I would like to see him not carry the ball so low in his dropbacks and moving around the pocket though.

                        I would love to offer this kid.
                        This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          can we expect an offer this weekend?
                          What did Davonte do?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I really hope we offer. His release is a bit funky, but we have enough youth at QB that he'd have time to work on that.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                              I like the kid a lot but have you watched the other 2015 QB's. He's definitely moving up the list but to put him at the top right now is a stretch, IMO.
                              Yeah, but let's assume we don't get an elite pocket passer like Town or Rosen. And then let's assume that Gibson as a DT is also a very long shot, as is Kyler Murray.

                              Basically you're left with Dillman, Brady White (who just got a HUGE bump after Oregon interest... I think it's probably deserving too), Drew Lock (who camped at ND and wasn't offered), James Morgan (who would probably be an ND lock if offered), Brett Rypien (seems like a WSU lock), Jack Beneventi, Kyle Kearns, and Sherrion Jones as realistic options. I'm probably missing a couple... but I think that's basically your pool.

                              On a brief film review alone, I'd take Barnett over every single one of those guys except maybe Brady White... Brady White can move well and he can sling it. He's also more refined and has a better throwing motion, IMO.

                              So if he isn't the #1 guy on the board, on the "realistic" board he'd have to be darn near the top.

                              Mike Frank just said we like him a lot and he expects an offer at some point.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                It's sad because if I'm being honest there are probably a half dozen QBs on the "realistic" list I'd sign over Kizer. Kizer is a project with upside... but it's just crazy to consider how much better 2015 is for QBs than 2014. There might be 10+ guys on the level of Kyle Allen/Keller Chryst.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                  The play starting at 3:58 where it is a broken play and he throws it 55 yards in the air on the money is just sick. Malik Zaire excepted because we haven't seen him yet, there isn't a QB on our roster that can make that throw. And this guy is 17 years old and hasn't packed on muscle yet.
                                  And not counting Golson on the return, correct?
                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Would we consider taking 2 QB's?
                                    Originally posted by koonja
                                    I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                      And not counting Golson on the return, correct?
                                      Yeah, Golson can make that throw without breaking a sweat.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                        Would we consider taking 2 QB's?
                                        Good question wooly. I think so, but I'm not sure what the combo would have to be. I'd love to get a guy like Morgan and a ATH guy like Gibson... but that's not gonna happen. I don't know how you go about recruiting 2 QBs in the same year unless one is really lowly rated and none of these guys fit that bill.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                          Yeah, Golson can make that throw without breaking a sweat.
                                          Exactly. Had to make sure you weren't losing your mind. :)
                                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            I think we are in the process of trying to get 2 QB's in this class. I feel like the staff is trying to figure out what combination would be good with that, if any. Beneventi and Morgan would be my choices for guys we could still get along with a Barnett, Gibson, etc.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              That is an impressive highlight tape, especially if it is for only ~6 games.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                OFFERED

                                                Anna Hickey ‏@AnnaHScout 18s

                                                RT @GregBiggins Corona (Calif) Santiago 2015 QB Blake Barnett landed an offer today from #NotreDame, visiting South Bend this weekend.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Good. I brought this up in the other thread, but he reminds me of Maty Mauk. Mauk has a stronger arm, but also has a few years of development. Their elusiveness and smooth running are similar. Similar in build too.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Originally posted by kuehnja View Post
                                                    OFFERED

                                                    Anna Hickey ‏@AnnaHScout 18s

                                                    RT @GregBiggins Corona (Calif) Santiago 2015 QB Blake Barnett landed an offer today from #NotreDame, visiting South Bend this weekend.
                                                    Nice. Sign him the hell up. Will be somewhere between a 95 & 98 rating when all is said and done.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Wiltfong crystal ball to ND

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        I'm very impressed with this kid's film. Strong arm and great wheels. An quirks in his throwing motion can be cleaned up.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          would fit the system ideally
                                                          God Country Notre Dame
                                                          http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                            Wiltfong crystal ball to ND
                                                            Nothing left to say.

                                                            Would love to land this kid early.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              Looking at his film, kinda reminds me of Johnny Manziel.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                Throws a very flat ball. Needs a lot of work on his throwing mechanics. In his highlights, should have had at least 5 interceptions thrown. Great athlete but would be very concerned about his projections going forward. Granted, still young and might improve dramatically in the next year.
                                                                “Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle” -unknown

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  Can't have a better visit than one where he:

                                                                  1) Gets an offer immediately.
                                                                  2) Gets to watch us play USC, at night, in this game
                                                                  3) Watch Hendrix play

                                                                  Let's quit beating around the bush here, Blake... Let's go ahead and commit now.
                                                                  Originally posted by koonja
                                                                  I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    Anna talked to Blake after his visit

                                                                    -Wasn't expecting an offer on his visit. Said the offer is amazing.

                                                                    -Coach Kelly talked to Blake in his office (I'm guessing this is where he got offered) and BK said his film was impressive.

                                                                    -Favorite part of the visit was getting to know the coaches personally

                                                                    -Academics, coaches, facilities, and how good the program is will all go into his decision

                                                                    -Not deciding for a while and wants to take more visits. Definitely considering Notre Dame and could see himself playing there

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      His dad, mom, and step mom's twitter pages are littered with ND tweets and retweets. I'd say the weekend went well.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                        I think he looks like Taylor Kelly. Others say Marcus Mariota.
                                                                        What does kuehnja say?

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                                          What does kuehnja say?
                                                                          Marioti for sure.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Long way to go for Blake's game and his recruitment. Sky is limit here.
                                                                            http://irishtp.com/

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Originally posted by kuehnja View Post
                                                                              Marioti for sure.
                                                                              You sure you aren't thinking Jared Lorenzen?

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Son of Kenmare View Post
                                                                                Throws a very flat ball. Needs a lot of work on his throwing mechanics. In his highlights, should have had at least 5 interceptions thrown. Great athlete but would be very concerned about his projections going forward. Granted, still young and might improve dramatically in the next year.
                                                                                Brutal critique. Are you a QB guru, recruiting analyst,college D coordinator or what?

                                                                                Just curious.
                                                                                I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                                                  You sure you aren't thinking Jared Lorenzen?
                                                                                  Keeping with the Oregon theme, I see Dennis Dixon too.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    Ugly throwing motion. Like the running though!

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by anarin View Post
                                                                                      Ugly throwing motion. Like the running though!
                                                                                      I think his motion is fine, but it's a slow motion.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        I think he's only second to Brady White in my dual threat book. No idea what to think of Gibson... he's more of an ATH to me. White, then Barnett/Murray, followed by Dillman.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Fbolt View Post
                                                                                          Brutal critique. Are you a QB guru, recruiting analyst,college D coordinator or what?

                                                                                          Just curious.
                                                                                          he is the son of kenmare
                                                                                          EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Fbolt View Post
                                                                                            Brutal critique. Are you a QB guru, recruiting analyst,college D coordinator or what?

                                                                                            Just curious.
                                                                                            If after watching his film you have a differing opinion than that's OK. I simply stated my opinion based on what I saw.
                                                                                            Last edited by Son of Kenmare; 10-24-2013, 12:57 PM.
                                                                                            “Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle” -unknown

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              guys hes Cade McNown Mk2 (UCLA Cade not Chicago Bears Cade)
                                                                                              What did Davonte do?

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                christian on isd power hour...said he talked w/ someone who has a lot of knowledge of quarterbacks...didn't mention name, said he is the best high school qb RIGHT NOW ....he said for 2015, he said no right now...better than kyle allen...he said not mentioning names but is the best qb right now
                                                                                                EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                                                                  christian on isd power hour...said he talked w/ someone who has a lot of knowledge of quarterbacks...didn't mention name, said he is the best high school qb RIGHT NOW ....he said for 2015, he said no right now...better than kyle allen...he said not mentioning names but is the best qb right now
                                                                                                  little confused. saying blake is the best right now or he's not mentioning the name of the guy he believes is the best right now?
                                                                                                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                                                    little confused. saying blake is the best right now or he's not mentioning the name of the guy he believes is the best right now?
                                                                                                    not mentioning his source for the reliance on Blake being the the best now despite being a '15 recruit

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X