Florida
    Georgia
    Stanford
    Oregon

ND Recruiter: Kerry Cooks
    Decision Schedule:
    247 Crystal Ball: LSU

Highlights

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FeS6EeIQDGs?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>
    Last edited by BeauBenken; 07-12-2014, 07:29 PM.
    “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Per Scout (according to irish_irish) ND is recruiting him hard. Should be the #1 player in LA and probably one of the top RBs. Don't ask me how but he started on Varsity as a 8th Grader. This kid is an absolute monster of a RB.

Oh and he is all but a LSU lock, check out the HS

Comment

stopped reading after I saw where his high school is located

Comment

LSU, Bama and FSU all offered him before his sophomore season. He has a very close relationship with the LSU coaching staff. Can't imagine him slipping away.

He's not as talented as Fournette, mainly because he lacks explosiveness. He's gonna be an excellent back, though.

Comment

He's not necessarily an LSU lock. A great player from the same school went to Bama in the last cycle. http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2013...igned-loi.html
          Last edited by BeauBenken; 05-06-2013, 07:55 PM.
          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Either way I just love that Kelly and Co are determined to invade Louisiana.

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
              He's not necessarily an LSU lock. A great player from the same school went to Bama in the last cycle. http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2013...igned-loi.html
              For some reason, and I really do not understand why, LSU really didn't go after Williams. Maybe he told them early on that he was leaving the state. Brossette's been much more openly LSU so far. With that said, he has taken three trips to Bama already.

I'll say this straight off: I know less about BR high schools than anywhere else in the state. I've lived in pretty much every part of the state but Baton Rouge (well, I lived there after Katrina, but that hardly counts), and BR is a weird little island. It's full of transplants and college kids and state employees and traffic jams. I try to avoid it outside of work and LSU tailgating. We also never played the BR schools when I was in school. They're a few tiers down, generally. I know University Lab is a good school, but that's about it.

Comment

The jewel of our '15 class.

(Sarcasm italics are still unpopular right?)

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

#108 #11 RB on 247
                  If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

Notre Dame offered

Comment

Just realized his highlight music is from the Rudy soundtrack...nice.
                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

“@JerryTillery: @NBrossette follow me back man”

It seems the trend of going hard after LA will continue. Also what are we looking at for RB next year? 0-1?

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                          “@JerryTillery: @NBrossette follow me back man”

It seems the trend of going hard after LA will continue. Also what are we looking at for RB next year? 0-1?
                          I would say at least 1 because we will be losing Cam and GA to graduation after the 2014 season. Leaving us with Carlisle, Bryant, Folston, and Hood. I think the staff will shoot for 2

Comment

This kid is pretty good.

Comment

umm two guys from Varsityprep.com and Loy just predicted him to Notre Dame...

Comment

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S7FKaLYLOug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

umm two guys from Varsityprep.com and Loy just predicted him to Notre Dame...
                                  Oh really???

A little early for 2015 picks.
                                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

What is in the water down there!? I'm moving there and watching my daugher turn into serena williams.

Comment

Devils advocate ... 2 of the 3 people who projected him to ND don't work for 247 and who hasn't Loy projected to ND lol.
                                      http://irishtp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TheTurningPOint View Post
                                        Devils advocate ... 2 of the 3 people who projected him to ND don't work for 247 and who hasn't Loy projected to ND lol.
                                        At least Loy knows who pays his salary.

Comment

His problem is that he doesn't predict ND target to other schools. It's either ND target to ND or to no one.

Varsitypreps has some pretty good info, particularly on the South

Comment

I'm liking Loy. Sure he acts like a bit of a homer now that he works for Blue and Gold. But he isn't a ridiculous homer or hack like guys at the USC or other 247 sites.

Comment

I understand you're probably joking, but find this statement a bit unfair to Loy and you're not the first to say it. I posted about this a few weeks ago after someone called Loy a homer. Loy currently has these guys predicted to ND:

2014: Lorenzo Carter, Thomas Holley, Corey Holmes, Tyler Luatua, Isaiah McKenzie, Nyles Morgan, Michiah Quick, Nick Watkins, Andrew Williams and Richard Yeargin III. He also had Matt Nelson going to ND before changing his pick at the last minute.

Of those picks, Carter and Morgan seem like homer picks at this point in their recruitment. But can you really argue with the others? I personally don't feel great about Quick, but I can see why Loy has picked him for ND.

2015: Jack Beneventi, Nick Brossette, Jashon Cornell, Jake Fruhmorgen, Tristen Hoge, Rene Rosene. He picked Tillery more than a month before he committed.

Of those picks, I agree the Brossette pick seems odd but we don't really know what he knows right now. Of the others, the Fruhmorgen pick is the only one that strikes me as homerish considering he doesn't have an offer and is probably an Alabama lean at the moment.

His problem is that he doesn't predict ND target to other schools. It's either ND target to ND or to no one.
                                              Not 100% true but it's a good point. He doesn't pick a lot of ND targets to other schools.

Comment

Originally posted by NDWorld247 View Post
                                                I understand you're probably joking, but find this statement a bit unfair to Loy and you're not the first to say it. I posted about this a few weeks ago after someone called Loy a homer. Loy currently has these guys predicted to ND:

2014: Lorenzo Carter, Thomas Holley, Corey Holmes, Tyler Luatua, Isaiah McKenzie, Nyles Morgan, Michiah Quick, Nick Watkins, Andrew Williams and Richard Yeargin III. He also had Matt Nelson going to ND before changing his pick at the last minute.

Of those picks, Carter and Morgan seem like homer picks at this point in their recruitment. But can you really argue with the others? I personally don't feel great about Quick, but I can see why Loy has picked him for ND.

2015: Jack Beneventi, Nick Brossette, Jashon Cornell, Jake Fruhmorgen, Tristen Hoge, Rene Rosene. He picked Tillery more than a month before he committed.

Of those picks, I agree the Brossette pick seems odd but we don't really know what he knows right now. Of the others, the Fruhmorgen pick is the only one that strikes me as homerish considering he doesn't have an offer and is probably an Alabama lean at the moment.

Not 100% true but it's a good point. He doesn't pick a lot of ND targets to other schools.

Im not saying he is a homer or that its far fetched. I was simply stating that 2 of the projections werent even from 247, and from someone who is looking for a break to get an IN at ND. Its def a business when they predict, but all I am saying is he could have picked a better guy than a 2015 kid from Baton Rouge and one of the top players in the LA.

Could he have an inside scoop? Sure. Could the kid love ND? Sure. But its a year and half before the kid signs so I don't get why anyone in his position would project that at this time.

Comment

Im not saying he is a homer or that its far fetched. I was simply stating that 2 of the projections werent even from 247, and from someone who is looking for a break to get an IN at ND. Its def a business when they predict, but all I am saying is he could have picked a better guy than a 2015 kid from Baton Rouge and one of the top players in the LA.

Could he have an inside scoop? Sure. Could the kid love ND? Sure. But its a year and half before the kid signs so I don't get why anyone in his position would project that at this time.
                                                  Yea, I'm with you on the Brossette pick. It seems odd to me and if you're not willing to call it far-fetched, I am, with the caveat I don't know what Loy knows, if anything. I was referring to the statement "who hasn't Loy picked to ND". Like I said, I've seen this sentiment a number of times on this board but his picks don't really back it up. He has one or two in each class that probably deserve the "homer" label, but it's not like he's consistently picking far-fetched recruits to ND.

Comment

If La Fournette goes to LSU, I for one wouldn't want to be behind him for 3 years.

Comment

His reasoning:

A) He wanted the offer
                                                      B) His family likes the academics & athletics
                                                      C) He doesn't think he goes to LSU if Fournette does

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                        I would say at least 1 because we will be losing Cam and GA to graduation after the 2014 season. Leaving us with Carlisle, Bryant, Folston, and Hood. I think the staff will shoot for 2
                                                        Mahone?

Comment

His reasoning:

A) He wanted the offer
                                                          I just jumped on the Fournette to LSU bandwagon!

Is this kid a potential 5star? I can't handle 3 5star RBs in a row. My head will explode. Food for thought: I'm glad ND seemed to have turned the corner at RB recruiting. It wasn't that long ago that the depth chart was favorable and the staff couldn't buy a top RB. Green, Marshall, Huggins, etc etc all passed. And now it seems like ND will have a log jam of studs. Always a great problem to have at this position. It's early, but I hope this works out. Would love to keep pulling these kids out of the South.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                            That, plus Mahone, is an impressive stable of running backs (at least on paper right now with almost no college ball between them)

Comment

His reasoning:

A) He wanted the offer
                                                              D) His highlight video music is the soundtrack from Rudy. ND lock!

Comment

omg i love this kids tape. I know this comparison gets used a lot but hes a ray rice clone.
                                                                MSU Lacosse Player / MSU Student / Son of a ND Player / ND Fan for Life

Comment

WOW! Those highlights are special. He could be a really incredible player. If we are in this game early then I like it because we can make sure he is getting the academic side taken care of. Long way but I will watch him closely wherever he ends up.

Comment

He's likely a 5 star running back from Baton Rouge, LA. I don't doubt this coaching staff but I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                                      He's likely a 5 star running back from Baton Rouge, LA. I don't doubt this coaching staff but I'll believe it when I see it.
                                                                      Agreed Miles is one of the best about keeping 5 star talent in state.

Comment

He reminds me of Wes Welker.
                                                                        Take a Lap.

Comment

If he is scared of Fournette he must not have done his ND research lol

Comment

Great prospect. Cool name. Crossette would have been funnier, but Brossette is not bad.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Probably hasn't since he is only a sophomore!

Comment

• #40
                                                                                He hasn't talked to Brosette, that was Loy's opinion which I disagree with.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I love Bryant, Folston, and Hood as much as the next ND guy, but none of them hold a candle to Fournette and that is saying something because two of our guys are considered 5* talents by some services. From what I have seen and read, Fournette is the next Reggie Bush caliber recruit at RB.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    He runs really well, but going off those highlights he has an incredibly effective o-line. Damn
                                                                                    "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                                                                                    --Samuel L

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by NDhoosier View Post
                                                                                      I love Bryant, Folston, and Hood as much as the next ND guy, but none of them hold a candle to Fournette and that is saying something because two of our guys are considered 5* talents by some services. From what I have seen and read, Fournette is the next Reggie Bush caliber recruit at RB.
                                                                                      I don't think he is trying to say we have a back better than Fournette. I think he is saying that we have better depth at the position. I don't care how good Fournette is, LSU still needs a second running back. With Notre Dame, in 2015 they will have Hood, Bryant, Carlisle, and Folston

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by NDhoosier View Post
                                                                                        Fournette is talented. But Elijah Hood is every it as good as junior. The question is can Elijah Hood take his game to the next level? I will actually be shocked if Fournette makes it through college without the injury bug.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Fournette is talented. But Elijah Hood is every it as good as junior. The question is can Elijah Hood take his game to the next level? I will actually be shocked if Fournette makes it through college without the injury bug.
                                                                                          I don't know the answer to this but if he can add 10 pounds of muscle and keep the burst you see in his tape he's going to be impossible to stop with a decent OL (we have a great/getting-to-be-elite OL) on third and 3.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Brossette's been doing very well at the camps down here. Supposedly looks a bit faster, though still not anywhere near Fournette. Factor in the fairly low level of competition when watching his tape (red helmets with a blue "e" are Evangel, which is a talented team; white helmets with red and blue stripes and "JC" on them are Curtis, which is a very talented team; both are teams University Lab plays that would be good gauges of his speed).

He's made a few statements about being wide open in his recruitment, so that's somewhat encouraging, if a bit boilerplate. His star blocker, Garrett Brumfield, is an LSU commit this year. According to Brumfield's father, Brossette really is weighing all of his options (in response to constant commentary from LSU fans about him being a done deal), and he's enjoying the process. Also said that Brumfield strongly believes that every recruit should be left to make his own decisions, so he won't be leaning on Brossette to follow him.

That being said, I'd be very, very surprised if he left Louisiana. Baton Rouge kids are just so overwhelmingly unlikely to slip away from LSU. I'm sure there've been kids from Catholic or University Lab that've escaped, but I just can't remember any.

On a side note: It seems I was mistaken a few months ago when I said I didn't know much about University Lab. Apparently my sister went there for a year after Katrina destroyed her high school (she called it "U-High," and somehow I never put together that U-High = University Lab). It's a very good school. I could see a typical U-High grad looking at the Notre Dames and Stanfords of the world as ideal destinations.
                                                                                            Last edited by NOLAIrish; 07-09-2013, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by NOLAIrish View Post
                                                                                              Brossette's been doing very well at the camps down here. Supposedly looks a bit faster, though still not anywhere near Fournette. Factor in the fairly low level of competition when watching his tape (red helmets with a blue "e" are Evangel, which is a talented team; white helmets with red and blue stripes and "JC" on them are Curtis, which is a very talented team; both are teams University Lab plays that would be good gauges of his speed).

He's made a few statements about being wide open in his recruitment, so that's somewhat encouraging, if a bit boilerplate. His star blocker, Garrett Brumfield, is an LSU commit this year. According to Brumfield's father, Brossette really is weighing all of his options (in response to constant commentary from LSU fans about him being a done deal), and he's enjoying the process. Also said that Brumfield strongly believes that every recruit should be left to make his own decisions, so he won't be leaning on Brossette to follow him.

That being said, I'd be very, very surprised if he left Louisiana. Baton Rouge kids are just so overwhelmingly unlikely to slip away from LSU. I'm sure there've been kids from Catholic or University Lab that've escaped, but I just can't remember any.

On a side note: It seems I was mistaken a few months ago when I said I didn't know much about University Lab. Apparently my sister went there for a year after Katrina destroyed her high school (she called it "U-High," and somehow I never put together that U-High = University Lab). It's a very good school. I could see a typical U-High grad looking at the Notre Dames and Stanfords of the world as ideal destinations.
                                                                                              Warwick Dunn, FSU, is one from Catholic. U High had a tight end that went to USC about 10 or maybe 15 years ago now ( I believe his last name was Barrs). U-High is a very good school, it is University Lab and THE University it is a Lab school to is LSU, so it would be a very tough pull for any other school. A lot of the LSU faculty have kids there, it is literally in the shadow of the campus, however I know a couple of alum that could have gone to Notre Dame or Stanford if they were not raised with purple and gold colored glasses.
                                                                                              Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Sonny Shipp at the LSU 247 site said A LOT would have to happen for him to end up at ND. There are certain variables that have been in play for a long time according to him, that makes staying close to home a big deal.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  does he already have a kid or something?
                                                                                                  Prehistoric

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    He goes to a good high school, it won't be academics. However, his high school is basically on LSU's campus. He could visit every afternoon if he wanted.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X