Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'15 LA OT/DT Jerry Tillery (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '15 LA OT/DT Jerry Tillery (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Offensive Tackle | Defensive Tackle
    Evangel Christian Academy
    Shreveport, Louisiana

Measurables
    Height: 6'6
    Weight: 330

Rankings
    Rivals: #11 OT, #126 Overall
    247: 94 rating #7 OT, #76 Overall
    ESPN: 81 rating #29 OT, #269 Overall
    Scout: #21 OT, #228 Overall
    247 Composite: .9306 rating #15 OT, #157 Overall

Offers
    Notre Dame
    Arkansas
    Ole Miss
    Stanford
    Texas A&M
    Oregon State

Interest
    Alabama
    LSU
    Tennessee
    Michigan State
    Oklahoma State

ND Recruiter: Kerry Cooks, Harry Hiestand
    Decision Schedule:
    247 Crystal Ball: 33% Stanford 33% Notre Dame 33% LSU

Highlights

Jerry Tillery - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl
    Last edited by BeauBenken; 01-01-2015, 03:15 PM.
    “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Per Perroni this kid will be a big time national recruit and grew up a ND fan. 247 Staff lists him as Warmer to ND. Parents are ND fans and have said he is meant to go to ND. Staff has already shown interest

Comment

Top performers at NUC in Zachary

Tillery’s size is the first thing that jumps out at you. But after watching him for a few snaps you see the footwork you want to see to accompany that size. He gets a lot of reps pass blocking in Evangel’s offense and you can see the comfort level he has in protecting the edge. Tillery is a good bender and as he continues to work on his technique and not getting too high and losing leverage you will see him become a more complete player. Many offers will come his way, and they will be of the high-profile variety.
      RIVALS CAMP SERIES HOUSTON: TOP UNDERCLASSMEN

1. OL JERRY TILLERY, SHREVEPORT (LA.) EVANGEL CHRISTIAN (2015)
      Tillery is, in a word, mean. And that's a good thing. The 2015 prospect finished every one-on-one rep violently and didn't take it well at all when he lost a rep. Being surly isn't a particularly bad trait in a lineman. Neither are long arms and a thick, 6-foot-4 frame, and Tillery has all of the above. The sophomore, who plays both sides of the ball, turned heads in Houston over the weekend.

Comment

Paging NOLAIrish.

Comment

Unbelievable

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
            Paging NOLAIrish.
            Shreveport ain't nowhere near Nawlins, Bobby Bouche.
            I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
              Still, the man knows LA recruiting better than anyone else on this board.

Edit: I caught the "Bobby Boucher" reference, but didn't realize it was direct quote. Mea culpa.
              Last edited by Whiskeyjack; 05-03-2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Those offers don't seem to have rolled in yet. Are we looking at him for D or O?
                Prehistoric

Comment

Last edited by NDdomer2; 05-03-2013, 02:01 PM.
                  Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                    Those offers don't seem to have rolled in yet.
                    It's early

Are we looking at him for D or O?
                    If it was mentioned I'd tell ya but it wasn't. Popular opinion is he is a LT prospect.

Comment

Lives 4 hours from LSU for those that, like me, have no idea about the geography of Louisiana.
                      Take a Lap.

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                        It's early

If it was mentioned I'd tell ya but it wasn't. Popular opinion is he is a LT prospect.
                        EDIT: Just realized he is 2015.

I wonder if him doing camp drills at OL mean that is his preference?
                        Last edited by NDdomer2; 05-03-2013, 02:06 PM.
                        Prehistoric

Comment

6'5+ & 300+ as a sophomore?

And he's from Louisiana?

And he's a ND fan?

And his parents are ND fans?

What could possibly go wrong here?

Comment

Still, the man knows LA recruiting better than anyone else on this board.

Edit: I caught the "Bobby Boucher" reference, but didn't realize it was direct quote. Mea culpa.
                            Jost joshin' ya, the only reason I know is because of work
                            I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                              Quality post. No need to mince words. Reps.

Comment

Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                haha! This is why I'm a big fan of these being commonplace on profiles:

Comment

Called ND his dream school and he is camping this summer...

Could we have our first LA commit during the BK era from the 2015 class?

Comment

By the way, it is clear his nickname will be Ar. As in Jerry Ar Tillery.

Comment

From Louisiana, him and his parents are ND fans....

Comment

I love the Irish music playing during his highlights!

Comment

Dear staff, I will always defer to you, but Send. Offer. Now.

Comment

Not buying it

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                              Not buying it
                                              You went from an 'A' avatar to a 'C+'. Come on.

Comment

Not buying it
                                                Not buying what?

Comment

Just to good to be true

Comment

Originally posted by kuehnja View Post
                                                    You can be Conway if you want

Comment

I was talking Charlie.

Comment

Not buying it
                                                        NEIN! Sie sind GBdomer!

Comment

I was talking Charlie.
                                                          Me and Charlie parted ways after I banged the waitress and never called her back. Maybe we will go back to the old day's.

This is the new GB

Comment

Me and Charlie parted ways after I banged the waitress and never called her back. Maybe we will go back to the old day's.

This is the new GB
                                                            Portman. Nice choice. DONT YOU KNOW THAT EVERY-THINGS ON FIIIIIIRE!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oHpjBgjlLqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Hammer I think you would be the perfect Goldberg

Comment

Hammer I think you would be the perfect Goldberg
                                                                Psh. Son I'm Banks. All-American Awesome.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

This is awesome news. ALL THE LINEMEN!

And GB I'm a big fan of the new avatar
                                                                  If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

Probably my favorite saying

freaking cake eater

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Does anyone else remember Orlando pace at Ohio state?

Comment

Of course.

All pro for the Rams.

Comment

...and probably the best OT ever.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              SWEEEET!

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Paging NOLAIrish.
                                                                                Hah, still trying to get the brain restarted after shorting it out last night.

I don't know a ton about Tillery, but seeing "Evangel" next to his name is promising. Shreveport's basically East Texas and the pipeline to LSU is extremely weak (probably stronger to A&M and, strangely the major Florida schools). It was the powerhouse program when I was in high school, but its star has fallen slightly in the last decade. It kind of came out of nowhere by getting on-board with the spread before it had even really been discovered at the college level. Brock Berlin and Josh and John David Booty all came out of Evangel; all were high-4 or 5 star QB recruits. If I recall correctly, at the time they graduated, Berlin and Josh Booty each held the national h.s. record for most passing yards. It's not as strong as it once was, but it still turns out several recruits a year because it and Ouachita are kind of the only games in town up there. Culturally, it's actually very similar to rural Indiana, so there might be a fit there.

Here's what I know about Tillery, which isn't a ton, sadly:
                                                                                The Times-Picayune has him 3rd on its preliminary list of top LA recruits for 2015. The other three guys around him on the list -- Garrett Thomas, Nicholas Brossett, and Jazz Ferguson -- have all gotten rave reviews from Tigers fans I've chatted with. Brossett (#2 on the list) is already right behind Fournette on most LSU fans' lists of most-wanted RBs, so that's the company Tillery's in according to the T-P.

He should be fairly familiar with our scheme, coming from Evangel. I'd expect run blocking to be a weakness. I know he's said in past interviews that he grew up a huge Irish fan, so that bodes very well. Might also be part of the reason there's not much chatter about him coming out of LSU. He's been to a minor camp in Zachary (northern suburb of Baton Rouge) and won the OL MVP award there. Supposed to be a good athlete.

I'll see if any of my LSU buddies have heard more about him.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by NOLAIrish View Post
                                                                                  Hah, still trying to get the brain restarted after shorting it out last night.

I don't know a ton about Tillery, but seeing "Evangel" next to his name is promising. Shreveport's basically East Texas and the pipeline to LSU is extremely weak (probably stronger to A&M and, strangely the major Florida schools). It was the powerhouse program when I was in high school, but its star has fallen slightly in the last decade. It kind of came out of nowhere by getting on-board with the spread before it had even really been discovered at the college level. Brock Berlin and Josh and John David Booty all came out of Evangel; all were high-4 or 5 star QB recruits. If I recall correctly, at the time they graduated, Berlin and Josh Booty each held the national h.s. record for most passing yards. It's not as strong as it once was, but it still turns out several recruits a year because it and Ouachita are kind of the only games in town up there. Culturally, it's actually very similar to rural Indiana, so there might be a fit there.

Here's what I know about Tillery, which isn't a ton, sadly:
                                                                                  The Times-Picayune has him 3rd on its preliminary list of top LA recruits for 2015. The other three guys around him on the list -- Garrett Thomas, Nicholas Brossett, and Jazz Ferguson -- have all gotten rave reviews from Tigers fans I've chatted with. Brossett (#2 on the list) is already right behind Fournette on most LSU fans' lists of most-wanted RBs, so that's the company Tillery's in according to the T-P.

He should be fairly familiar with our scheme, coming from Evangel. I'd expect run blocking to be a weakness. I know he's said in past interviews that he grew up a huge Irish fan, so that bodes very well. Might also be part of the reason there's not much chatter about him coming out of LSU. He's been to a minor camp in Zachary (northern suburb of Baton Rouge) and won the OL MVP award there. Supposed to be a good athlete.

I'll see if any of my LSU buddies have heard more about him.
                                                                                  100&#37; agree. Don't know a lot about him but Evangel was the powerhouse a few years back, still a great program, that plays really tough competition. The connection to LSU is not guaranteed from Shreveport, as NOLA said the Florida schools have done well and the Texas schools also have a draw in that region. Will also keep my eyes and ears open.
                                                                                  Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    #6 OT #76 Overall in initial 247 release.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Stanford offered.

Updated his offer list

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Stanford offered.

Updated his offer list
                                                                                        Then what the hell is our hold up?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Sometimes i wonder why the staff drag their feet on offering a kid like this- waiting seems like all it can do is hurt. Maybe there is something they are concerned with or waiting on...smh
                                                                                          "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by NDFANnSouthWest View Post
                                                                                            Sometimes i wonder why the staff drag their feet on offering a kid like this- waiting seems like all it can do is hurt. Maybe there is something they are concerned with or waiting on...smh
                                                                                            It's 21 months till NSD and he's visiting/camping in three weeks....

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Offer in Person

It's 21 months till NSD and he's visiting/camping in three weeks....
                                                                                              Sit him down after the camp and offer in person. Kid leaves the experience on a real positive note.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Per Rivals wants to be pre-med and said he could commit to Stanford on his visit in July.

Did say ND was close to offering and is still camping though.

I will be so pissed if we don't offer this kid and he commits to Stanford

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Now thats interesting. Hopefully his parents tell him to be patient he's not even a junior yet.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    not worried...we've beaten Stanford head to head in recruiting plenty the past few years.
                                                                                                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X