Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'14 NY DT Pete Mokwuah (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 NY DT Pete Mokwuah (Notre Dame Signee)

Defensive tackle
    Staten Island, New York
    St Joseph By The Sea

Ht: 6'5"
    Wt: 305 lbs

RANKINGS:
    24/7: DT #50
    Rivals: NY #6
    ESPN: DT #71
    Scout: DT #66
    Composite: DT #68

OFFERS:
    Notre Dame
    Florida
    Rutgers
    UConn
    Pittsburgh
    Temple

Peter Mokwuah - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 02-05-2014, 10:13 AM.
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

New name to the DT board, BVG recently went out to visit him to express interest in Pete and try to get him on campus before NSD.

BK and BVG will be out to see him Friday to try and secure an OV. He is scheduled to take an OV visit to Rutgers this wekeend.
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Florida offered in May '13, i guess then they lost interest.

Comment

Also noted in the Upshot thread, I found this very interesting:

There is a thread on ISD about Mokwuah, and Coach D (whose opinion I might care about most of any ND related recruiting analyst) ranked the ND DT targets in terms of his want as such:

1. Mokwuah
        2. Cage
        3. Griffin
        4. Saywers (after a gap)

He loves the upside of Mokwuah. He thinks he will need a lot of coaching, and is probably the lowest in terms of current ranking if he had to play now, but his upside is much greater than the rest. He also thinks the upside of both Cage and Griffin are considerably above Sawyers.

I just thought that was really interesting and worth sharing, especially since most here want Sawyers most, and Mukwuah is seemingly an afterthought for some. Cage as well to a lesser degree.

Comment

Locked in for a visit on the 31st.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
            Locked in for a visit on the 31st.
            Somebody rep this man for reporting this fantastic news.

Comment

Huge news. Really pumped about potentially snaring this kid late.

Comment

Originally posted by EuropeanDomer View Post
                Florida offered in May '13, i guess then they lost interest.
                Florida and Bama have tried to get him to visit but he declined. Said ND is different though because of the education.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                  Huge news. Really pumped about potentially snaring this kid late.
                  Me too. Needs some work but really high ceiling.

Comment

get yo buffets ready ND!
                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Anyone in the area know his competition? NY can be pretty shaky.

Close the same measurables as Jarron Jones and he needed 1+ years to actually learn how to play.

Comment

If Cage pops on his visit, which of the 31st visitors get dibs?

Comment

I want Peter Mokwuah, Cage, and then Sawyer. I would see (from an appointment-disappointment level) Cage, and Sawyer about even. We really need a guy we can develop that is still growing. I have heard he may have grown as much as an inch since football season, and he is now much closer to 315. I don't know if his upside is the same, but in a way I see him as less of a project that Chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
                            I want Peter Mokwuah, Cage, and then Sawyer. I would see (from an appointment-disappointment level) Cage, and Sawyer about even. We really need a guy we can develop that is still growing. I have heard he may have grown as much as an inch since football season, and he is now much closer to 315. I don't know if his upside is the same, but in a way I see him as less of a project that Chocolate.
                            He's certainly got the frame to get bigger. If Bama and UF are after him, then we know he's one to get. Love that he eliminated them because of academics. Smart kid. doesn't want to end up like Vince Young. I have a good feeling about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                              Somebody rep this man for reporting this fantastic news.
                              Done

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan View Post
                                Anyone in the area know his competition? NY can be pretty shaky.

Close the same measurables as Jarron Jones and he needed 1+ years to actually learn how to play.
                                yeah, cuz recruiting ready to play guys didn't get us in this predicament to begin with.
                                Prehistoric

Comment

II has a great read on Pete. Apparently religion and academics are very important. Very smart kid that's already been challenging himself in the classroom. His coach says that he's grounded in faith, family, and football. Other schools have came and made pitches but ND is the only one he's listening too, outside of Rutgers. This sounds like a slam dunk.

Comment

Apparently he chose not to go to the public high school right in his hometown to instead get a better HS education at St. Joseph by the Sea, which requires him to commute an hour each way.

The more I read and hear about this kid, the more I like.

Comment

Tom Loy just CB'ed Pete to ND.

Comment

huuuuuahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

wish it was wiltfong
                                            Prehistoric

Comment

Hope we can flip him. Seems like a really good kid and he would fill a huge need in this class.
                                              God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

TJ on Mokwuah:

BVG really likes and wants this kid. Immediate priority upon hiring, along with a couple others still in play. Could play NT in either front or some 3-technique DT in certain looks in an even front as necessary.

Agree with Pete and others in fairly describing his skill set, talent and profile on and off the field. Raw kid now with pretty big potential upside.
                                                And regarding why he wasn't recruited until late:

Coaches Diaco and BVG viewed things differently -- for scheme and football profile fit. Not much more than that really.

It happens. Everywhere.

Comment

Also, Sampson said that BVG is somewhat bumfuzzled that ND hadn't been recruiting Mokwuah all along.

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                    yeah, cuz recruiting ready to play guys didn't get us in this predicament to begin with.
                                                    I guess the reason I am laughing so hard is how fraught with irony your comment is. It is fraught all over the place. And you fraught it right in the middle. CUZ.

Comment

Also, Sampson said that BVG is somewhat bumfuzzled that ND hadn't been recruiting Mokwuah all along.
                                                      Great diction. Bravo.

Comment

Could be with more coaching experience BVG sees some things that Diaco hasn't picked up on.

Comment

Originally posted by ResLife Hero View Post
                                                          If Cage pops on his visit, which of the 31st visitors get dibs?
                                                          Better question is, would they take 3 DT's if all wanted to commit that day?

Comment

Great diction. Bravo.
                                                            Credit Sampson on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by anarin View Post
                                                              I've been thinking the same question...

Someone with more knowledge..... si vous plait...

Side question, how many open slots do we have (presuming IM is not a commit)?
                                                              "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -Yeats

Comment

Great diction. Bravo.
                                                                His diction is out of control. Everyone knows that.
                                                                Any other man stops and talks, but the walking man walks

Comment

I just don't see us taking three DT's. The timing is what makes it difficult. If we have nobody come aboard would we? yea I could see that. However, more than likely we'll take the first two DT's and Alexander prior to NSD. So we can take Quick, juju, Mckenzie on or closer to NSD

Comment

Originally posted by nsisk157 View Post
                                                                    I've been thinking the same question...

Someone with more knowledge..... si vous plait...

Side question, how many open slots do we have (presuming IM is not a commit)?
                                                                    Depends on where they stand with th skilled 4.. If one is gon by then, then Id take 3.DL ... And 5 total spots max

Comment

Originally posted by Kaneyoufeelit View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Kaneyoufeelit View Post

Fuck everything about this gif.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyND24 View Post
                                                                          Damn you! I looked so hard for a gif from that video. Priceless
                                                                          <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sG-Uklbqjjc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                                          If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

really hope we get him

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by anarin View Post
                                                                              Experience says it won't happen.

If we got lucky, and all three wanted to commit. I would very confidently bet that we take two and slow play the last guy--waiting to see what happens with all the the little fellas.

The 3rd DT would inevitably end up somewhere else before NSD.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by sharksamardzija8345 View Post
                                                                                His diction is out of control. Everyone knows that.
                                                                                +1

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Committed to ND!!

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    "And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                                                                      Committed to ND!!
                                                                                      Here is a link
                                                                                      St. Joseph by-the-Sea&#39;s Peter Mokwuah commits to Notre Dame - SILive.com

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        YES!YES!YES!!!!!
                                                                                        When God does the big things, the little people get drawn in too. Human systems often forget that, but God doesn’t.- N.T. Wright "from "Simply Jesus"

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Says here that's so!

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            .

Frank beat me
                                                                                            "And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Most upside of the three. I'll take either of the other two but this was the big one. Huge!!

BVG baby!!

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Hell yes! Really wanted this kid.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Wow without even visiting. Welcome to Notre Dame Pete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    WOW, I expected him to pop but not this quickly!!

Welcome aboard, Peter!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X