Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'14 OH DT Daniel Cage (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 OH DT Daniel Cage (Notre Dame Signee)

Defensive tackle
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Winton Woods

Ht: 6'3"
    Wt: 275 lbs
    40: 4.86 secs
    Bench Max: 330
    Squat Max: 465
    Vertical: 32 inches

RANKINGS:
    Rivals: DT #27
    24/7: DT #42
    ESPN: DT #40
    Scout: DT #7
    Composite: DT #24 | Overall #300

OFFERS:
    Notre Dame
    Louisville
    Michigan State
    Missouri
    Illinois
    Cincinnati

Daniel Cage - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WFTwmhmkSsc?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 02-05-2014, 07:46 AM.
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Defensive tackle
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Winton Woods

Ht:6'3"
    Wt:275 lbs
    40:4.86 secs
    Bench Max:330
    Squat Max:465
    Vertical:32 inches

RANKINGS:
    Rivals: DT #27
    24/7: DT #44

OFFERS:
    Notre Dame
    Louisville
    Michigan State
    Missouri
    Illinois
    Cincinnati

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WFTwmhmkSsc?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Sign em up!!!!

Comment

"They got a new defensive coordinator with a new defensive scheme and they want me to be a part of it. I haven't really gotten the details about the scheme, he just said he was going to get into more details if I can go on an official visit."
      "I'm not a film evaluator"
      - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

Can't wait until dead period is over so BVG can get after these DT's we are suddenly getting involved with.

Comment

ALL THE DTS

Comment

I really like this kids film.

Staff is trying a lot harder right now to find a DT

Comment

How is his competition?

Potentially another player with a famous dad.

Nicolas Cage
              #TeamKizer

Comment

Surprised it took ND this long to offer. Really liked the kid's junior film prior to the season. He's not a NG, but a very good DT. The type of kid MSU lands and turns intoa stud.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post

Nicolas Cage

Comment

Originally posted by IRISHbluehen View Post

Comment

Cages coach told II that Elston had been there all along but He didn't fit Diacos scheme. With BVG as DC they believe he fits a lot better. Wow way behind on this one, haha

Comment

4-3?

Comment

Holds a Michigan State offer. Do want/must have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                            4-3?
                            That's the common reaction but I like Sampson don't think that these comments necessarily mean that. What coaches tell recruits and then recruits tell the media can mean drastically different things. I stand by the idea that philosophically BK believes that a 3-4 base defense is the best way to defend these modern day offenses.

Comment

This is what I'm talking about! MOAR DTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                                This is what I'm talking about! MOAR DTS.
                                I hope we get at least one.

Comment

What are the chances that the freshmen DTs start right away?

EDIT: Never mind I forgot we had Jarron

Comment

I don't know if any will start but I am sure some will get some playing time

Comment

Josh Helmholdt from Rivals, who covers midwest recruiting, says he saw Cage in the fall and pegs him at 6-1, 290 with getting to 300 doable.

Comment

#Defensivetacklegeddon

or something...

Comment

This is actually some really good film. I quick trip thru the drive-thru and he'll be over300lbs. Like the low center of gravity. Do want.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                            What are the chances that the freshmen DTs start right away?

EDIT: Never mind I forgot we had Jarron
                                            Start right away?? What are the chances we have any freshman DTs... Let alone ones hat start.
                                            This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Could have sworn I made a profile for this kid before the season started...

Nevermind, I was thinking of 2015 target: http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2015...lor-offer.html
                                              Last edited by BeauBenken; 01-12-2014, 11:04 PM.
                                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Just so we're all clear, this is an actual person who actually plays football, right?
                                                60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali_domer View Post
                                                  I hope we get at least one.
                                                  I'd take four.

Comment

We're about to see the run on DT's that we've seen on CAT's this cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                      Could have sworn I made a profile for this kid before the season started...

Nevermind, I was thinking of 2015 target: http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2015...lor-offer.html
                                                      Damnit, I opened that thread up and posted in there.

Anywho, this Cage kis is the #1 DT in Ohio and it's not even close. He's my top want out of the group of new DTs.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post

Anywho, this Cage kis is the #1 DT in Ohio and it's not even close. He's my top want out of the group of new DTs.
                                                        Where Buster treads . . .

This kid isn't 6'1". I don't know whether he is six-three or not.

This kid is quicker and faster than most defensive tackles. He is also more athletic, and has a better sense of body. This is exactly what MSU goes for when they build their monsters.

That being said he is powerful. And has a nose for the ball.

To his athleticism, he is actually a decent basketball player from what I have found out.

AS FAR AS BVG's defense, is the difference two gapping as opposed to one gap coverage? Or is it really configuration, number of down linemen? RKG2 or someone has been at one of his clinics.

Comment

So it sounds like Diaco's position criteria really put the kibosh on a lot of these kids' recruitments. Since his departure, there have been numerous examples of guys the staff is currently recruiting (or could have recruited) but Diaco didn't give the OK. Interesting.

Comment

id imagine diaco is a polarising figure too, i cant imagine every recruit would dig him/understand what he was talking about half the time
                                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                                              How is his competition?

Nicolas Cage
                                                              Winton Woods is a DII school in Cinci. They play a schedule that consists of both DII and DI schools. They hold their own against the likes of Moeller, ST X, and Colerain on a regular basis and won state a few years ago. Competition is good.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBlueGold View Post
                                                                So it sounds like Diaco's position criteria really put the kibosh on a lot of these kids' recruitments. Since his departure, there have been numerous examples of guys the staff is currently recruiting (or could have recruited) but Diaco didn't give the OK. Interesting.
                                                                And the dropping of others...
                                                                http://irishtp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by IrishTP View Post
                                                                  WHOA!

Comment

More please

Comment

Size-Strength-Speed
                                                                      Adequate size on paper, but comes across as a thickly-built kid with good playing strength and could still pack on some additional size with time in a college weight program.
                                                                      Versus the Run
                                                                      Can be a tough interior run defender. Needs to be more consistent but he can be explosive. Gets tall at times, but overall does a real good job of firing off the ball with low pad level and at times, when he can time it up well, he can blow through a blocker's shoulder and disrupt with some penetration. More consistently he is a tough, phone booth type player who can fire out and gains physical leverage, uncoil, stand a blocker up and hold his ground. With his low pads and explosive hip roll he can also handle himself against the double team. Flashes the ability to shoot his hands and when he does has the upper body and hand strength to quickly extend and violently shed, but needs to improve hand usage as he is pretty consistent with pad level, but loses his hands much more frequently. Really only gets pushed off the ball when he gets a little lazy with technique and pops up and is not active with his hands. A physical wrap-up tackler with the ability to deliver a jarring pop.
                                                                      Pass Rush Skills
                                                                      Has bull rush ability, but needs to develop further as a pass rusher and more productive defending the run at this stage. Needs to develop his hand usage more, but with a bull rush and development of a power rip and push-pull and more size, he can be a solid interior rusher.
                                                                      Toughness/Motor
                                                                      Can be a tough customer. When he comes across the line he can stay square with good short-area lateral movement to keep himself in position to play the ball and be active between the tackles. Gives effort with good pursuit angles, but displays just adequate range and change-of-direction for his size.
                                                                      Bottom Line
                                                                      Cage, with some additional size and further technical development, can be a good, tough and physical presence in the trenches for a defense.

according to espn...offers also from arky, florida,neb,vandy,tenn
                                                                      EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

This kid isn't committed to someone else yet?

Comment

With all of the DT's we're offering now, I guess we're now working on Plan B!

As mentioned before, I like the idea that MSU offered. According to everything written on here, it sounds like he may be able to get to around 325-330lb.

Comment

Things that make you go, hmmm!

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Do want. Better than trey and sawyers IMHO .

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post

Do you know whats up with him not having an OSU offer?
                                                                                Originally posted by koonja
                                                                                I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  in regards to competition...i would say he plays pretty top notch in the state of ohio.

his school is Division 2 (second biggest in Ohio) and they play in Southwest Ohio, which imo is the most competitive region of football in ohio, especially for the larger schools. some would argue the NE region is better, but i tend to favor SW.

team has put out several D 1 prospects over the past few years and has an OL that's a jr that may be the best OL in the state for 2015.
                                                                                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                                    in regards to competition...i would say he plays pretty top notch in the state of ohio.

his school is Division 2 (second biggest in Ohio) and they play in Southwest Ohio, which imo is the most competitive region of football in ohio, especially for the larger schools. some would argue the NE region is better, but i tend to favor SW.

team has put out several D 1 prospects over the past few years and has an OL that's a jr that may be the best OL in the state for 2015.
                                                                                    aha the Northern Ohio mafia on here won't like reading this! :-D
                                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                      BUT i'm a part of the "northern mafia" so i've given an Insiders prospective =)
                                                                                      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                                                                        Urban said he had short arms and didn't like the look of his butt...plus he didn't appear to be the next Percy Harvin
                                                                                        Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                          Anywhere in Ohio, with a top program, is fine because with today's scheduling you play schools from all over. It isn't like Texas, distance wise. My old high school plays in a league which three of its opponents are more than 45 miles distant and has played schools from Indy, Detroit, Cleve, Akron, Columbus, Cinci and so on.

This kid is legit!

A few years ago Suburban Columbus was the best overall area (multiple leagues.) Cleveland has had a resurgence. (Witness the fall of St Iggy, the other teams have gotten better, including public schools like Mentor, and Valley Forge.

Northwest Ohio has always been an anomaly; twenty percent of Toledo and suburban football has always been really tough. The rest has been very pedestrian. And Northwest Ohio has had some incredible programs in some of the outlying communities. Patrick Henry, Fostoria, Clyde, Tiffin, all come to mind. (Fostoria in their heyday with Woodson and crew as Division II or III in Ohio, could have competed anywhere in the country!)

From my era where NWO football became too diffuse, the schools apparently learned their lesson. (I don't seriously believe that this was any more than school districts planning with their resources.) But schools have become more concentrated. Some schools like Central Catholic have had a resurgence. The fact is when you look at the quarter finalists in the top three divisions in the state, they have more than the (population percentage share from NWO). But it is much sparser and smaller than all other parts of the state. With Cleveland-Akron to the east, Columbus metro to the central and south, and Cinci-Dayton to the southwest. The only large city in NWO is Toledo, #5 in Ohio, behind Dayton, just ahead of Akron.

I think over-all the other major metro areas as a whole are always better than NWO. But the toughest teams from NWO fare well against the top teams from almost anywhere else in the state.

Thus says the Black Swamp Fianna. Sort of the NWO Mafia. (There is a reason NWO was settled last.)
                                                                                          Last edited by Bogtrotter07; 01-13-2014, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I would have to dig into it a little bit, but I don't remember any of Winton Woods' top players seriously considering OSU. It's strange really.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Probably the fact that he's 6'1".

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                                                Probably the fact that he's 6'1".
                                                                                                much like tommy schutt
                                                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  OSU typically doesn't do that great in the Cinci territory. They played their Spring game there last season at Paul Brown in an effort to help strengthen recruiting there (And because the Shoe was having some work done). They've got about 5 guys from Cinci or the surrounding area on their roster. Most of their guys seem to come from central Ohio, northern Ohio, or out of state.

There were a number of times we wrapped up the few targets they went after in this area. Things have been kind of quiet in Cinci for us the last two years though. I do know that Tubberville burned some bridges with high schools in the area when he came on board at Cinci, maybe that leads to us picking up more Cinci kids.
                                                                                                  Last edited by ulukinatme; 01-13-2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                                    OSU typically doesn't do that great in the Cinci territory. They played their Spring game there last season at Paul Brown in an effort to help strengthen recruiting there (And because the Shoe was having some work done). They've got about 5 guys from Cinci or the surrounding area on their roster. Most of their guys seem to come from central Ohio, northern Ohio, or out of state.

There were a number of times we wrapped up the few targets they went after in this area. Things have been kind of quiet in Cinci for us the last two years though. I do know that Tubberville burned some bridges with high schools in the area when he came on board at Cinci, maybe that leads to us picking up more Cinci kids.
                                                                                                    True, but you would think that with Kerry Coombs(former HS coach in Cinci) at OSU recruiting you would think more Cinci kids would be on the radar.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X