Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'14 TX LB Kolin Hill (Texas Tech Transfer)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 TX LB Kolin Hill (Texas Tech Transfer)

Schertz, TX
    Samuel Clemens HS
    Linebacker

Measurements
    Ht: 6'2"
    Wt: 220lbs
    40:

Rankings
    ESPN:
    Scout:
    Rivals: ILB #19
    247: WDE #51
    Composite: WDE #27

Offers
    Notre Dame (Verbal 12/15/13)
    Boise State
    Colorado
    Oklahoma
    Texas State
    UTEP
    Texas - San Antonio

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fiXNQwouc00?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 02-05-2014, 09:25 AM.

Offered per Jake Brown.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Schertz (Texas) Clemens LB Kolin Hill says <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=&#37;23NotreDame&amp;src=hash">#NotreDame </a> is the latest program to offer ($): <a href="http://t.co/kgFbDRg6xI">http://t.co/kgFbDRg6xI</a></p>&mdash; Jake Brown (@Jake_Brown) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jake_Brown/statuses/401056961971503104">November 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>2014 Clemens (Texas) LB Kolin Hill Receives Offer From <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NotreDame&amp;src=hash">#NotreDame</a> (Premium) <a href="http://t.co/c8DpPzLe76">http://t.co/c8DpPzLe76</a></p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/statuses/401057968524779521">November 14, 2013</a></blockquote>

Kolin Hill

Comment

Highlights are private on Hudl. Shame.
      This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Has a twin brother with similar offers per ISD.
        This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Same high school as former TAMU linebacker Sean Porter.

Comment

Jake Brown saying that Cooks went by the school to look at Hill as a potential LB option, most likely ILB. They must have liked what they saw. He's pretty well put together for a HS senior. Hopefully we'll find some highlights.

Comment

Seems like we're identifying contingency plans right now. Which is better than completely whiffing at a position and once again having horrible depth.

Comment

He must be freaking out with the offer.

Comment

Christian on ISD said he had been quietly on our radar for a bit before Cooks went down to see him today. Guess what he saw / heard cemented things for us on the offer front. Can't get mad at an offer of a Texas athlete that fills a position of dire need.

He told Jake Brown the offer was 'very humbling' and he is 'in shock right now'.

Comment

Yea, it sounds like it left him pretty speachless according II.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Schertz (Texas) Clemens LB <a href="https://twitter.com/KoLiNHill45">@KoLiNHill45</a> “in shock” over <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=&#37;23NotreDame&amp;src=hash">#NotreDame </a> offer. More here ($): <a href="http://t.co/kgFbDRg6xI">http://t.co/kgFbDRg6xI</a></p>&mdash; Jake Brown (@Jake_Brown) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jake_Brown/statuses/401060390974406656">November 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
                      EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Throwing $hit at the wall.
                        Originally posted by koonja
                        I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                          BINGO!!!

Comment

Before you say that lets get some highlights and find some pictures of him. Physically he's a impressive looking kid.

Comment

Interesting ....

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                Before you say that lets get some highlights and find some pictures of him. Physically he's a impressive looking kid.
                                There are physically impressive kids at every single school in the country.

We are suppose to be recruiting football players, not bodies. Just my opinion.

Comment

There are physically impressive kids at every single school in the country.

We are suppose to be recruiting football players, not bodies. Just my opinion.
                                  While I agree with the statement you have never seen the kid play football so how can you make that assessment because rivals and 247 didn't rate him high.

Comment

Not to be a stalker haha but his twitter account is @kolinhill45. He's following back Irish fans right now so he's excited. With that offer list, I give Diaco/Cooks credit for taking a gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by andre784 View Post
                                      Not to be a stalker haha but his twitter account is @kolinhill45. He's following back Irish fans right now so he's excited. With that offer list, I give Diaco/Cooks credit for taking a gamble.
                                      hmm, let's give this some time.

Comment

His brother has Colorado and Boise State offers just like him.

Comment

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fiXNQwouc00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

YOUR WELCOME

Comment

we have literally swung and missed at every ILB recruit since Te'o it seems
                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

wow whose number 1 and 90 on those highlights?

dude looks taller than 6'2" on film

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                we have literally swung and missed at every ILB recruit since Te'o it seems
                                                Grace and Deeb might dispute that, but I know what you mean.

Comment

High energy, high motor, relentless pursuit.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadalovesND View Post
                                                    High energy, high motor, relentless pursuit.
                                                    Not too much not to like about that tape.

Comment

This is why film is meaningless. He is apparently an unranked kid, but he looks big, fast, and hard-hititng to me.

I know nothing, but if he has a twin brother with similar offers, is there any chance they are going separate ways?

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                        Grace and Deeb might dispute that, but I know what you mean.
                                                        forgot grace...i'm ashamed.

i was being pretty harsh

Comment

anyone in the know around texas have an idea of the level of competition?

Comment

IF you know nothing about his rankings...saw that he plays in Texas 4A and watch his highlights....what to you think? for me he looks like the real deal high 4*

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                              IF you know nothing about his rankings...saw that he plays in Texas 4A and watch his highlights....what to you think? for me he looks like the real deal high 4*
                                                              thank you for answering my question :)

how high does texas go 5A?

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

The last experience with Corey Robinson were good, he is from the same area. Why not?

Comment

anyone in the know around texas have an idea of the level of competition?
                                                                    not from there, but i did a lot of digging...he is in 4A competition...the team was winless last year and are 8-2 this year...new coach

SCHERTZ -- Clemens coach Jared Johnston sees the trend that has taken over high school football everywhere he looks.

Teams have turned to up-tempo and no-huddle offenses, employing four-receiver sets in the latest revolution of the game. But Johnston prefers substance over style, which explains his old-school approach.

“You can score a lot of points, but if you can't stop anybody, you're not going to win very many ballgames,” Johnston said. “That's what we hang our hats on. We want to make sure that our guys that are on defense are special football players.”

The Buffaloes have plenty of such players on their defense, headlined by fraternal twins Kolin and Kaleb Hill. The senior defensive ends have combined for 70 tackles, 13 sacks, 12 quarterback pressures and five forced fumbles.

Clemens' defense, led by coordinator Danny Lengyel, is allowing 5.3 points and 186.8 yards per contest and has recorded two straight shutouts heading into Friday's District 27-4A game against Lockhart (3-1, 1-0) at Lehnhoff Stadium.

“Defensively, we expect to go out there and get the job done,” Kolin Hill said. “We're a lot faster than we were last year.”

The Buffaloes (4-0, 1-0) also are bigger and stronger, attributes that have figured prominently in why they have made a swift turnaround from last year's 0-10 mark.

This time last year, Clemens had allowed 129 points through four games, almost 30 per contest. A big part for the struggles, Johnston said, was the Buffaloes were simply physically overwhelmed by opposing teams.

“We knew we had to work on things, like getting bigger, getting stronger,” Kaleb Hill said.

The players lived in the weight room during the offseason. The Buffaloes spent all of their time getting buff.

“I just kept telling them to trust the process,” Johnston said. “When you go 0-10, as a young kid, you're like, 'OK, is this really going to work?' To their credit, not one kid questioned it. We said these are the things that we need to do to get better. These are the things we need to do to win.”

Comment

is that darius fleming with that #45 jersey?

Comment

I cant access his highlights on my work cpu, but i'll check them out. I'm glad that it sounds like they look pretty good, that he plays good competition and looks physically ready (which makes his 2star ranking bizarre. Scouts had to have evaluated him by now).

That being said, let's not act like its a good thing that we are whiffing on every highly ranked LB recruit we touch, and because of that, are throwing offers to 2/3 star prospects like they candy to fat kids.

Comment

Maybe he's rated so low because he's being evaluated as a DE instead of a LB?

I mean... I'm no scout... but if that's 2 athleticism then about half of our recruits over the past decade should've been 1 players.

Comment

I cant access his highlights on my work cpu, but i'll check them out. I'm glad that it sounds like they look pretty good, that he plays good competition and looks physically ready (which makes his 2star ranking bizarre. Scouts had to have evaluated him by now).

That being said, let's not act like its a good thing that we are whiffing on every highly ranked LB recruit we touch, and because of that, are throwing offers to 2/3 star prospects like they candy to fat kids.
                                                                            Truf.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              this is from a Colorado site

While prospects always look like All-Stars in highlight tapes (Kolin and Kaleb), I see two athletic defenders with long arms who are quick to the ball. The Hills read plays well and have strong motors to go with enough speed to keep up in the Pac-12. Detractors will point to a lack of BCS offers and a lack of stars, but Colorado's recruiting staff appears to know what it's doing in Texas.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                idk sometimes offers alone from BCS programs gets you into the 3* range...plus Boise St isn't exactly chopped liver by no means.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I like this offer. He looks big, long and athletic, but the thing I like most is how he actually engages and sheds the blockers. He's not just running by or bull-rushing everyone in that film, but rather using good technique and hands to read the play, knock the lineman's hands away, and then run down the ball.

Also, 4A competition is usually pretty strong, but I don't know anything about his district or scheduled competition.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    That kid sure looks like he can play. Really uses his hands well, plays relentlessly, and looks to have decent closing speed.

I don't mind this offer at all. Would love to have him at ILB.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      is #90 is brother or #1?

Comment

• #44

I don't think anybody is excited that we are "whiffing" on recruits but why would we not get excited when it seems the staff has identified a quality football player we previously knew nothing about. Thats the goal right? For the staff to identify football players. He looks every bit the part of a D1 prospect.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          thank you for answering my question :)

how high does texas go 5A?
                                                                                          yes...some wanted a 6A but it caused an uproar No way, 6A » Texas Football

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                                            That kid sure looks like he can play. Really uses his hands well, plays relentlessly, and looks to have decent closing speed.

I don't mind this offer at all. Would love to have him at ILB.
                                                                                            I agree and will add its rare that HS players do that well.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                              I don't think anybody is excited that we are "whiffing" on recruits but why would we not get excited when it seems the staff has identified a quality football player we previously knew nothing about. Thats the goal right? For the staff to identify football players. He looks every bit the part of a D1 prospect.
                                                                                              I hear ya, but being a D1 prospect doesn't make you capable of becoming a difference maker. We need difference makers. If this kid came in late in the cycle as a depth/project type guy, then yes... I would be psyched.

But it is apparently obvious that we filling NEED POSITIONS with project players instead of simply landing the elite prospects necessary to compete for championships.

I was saying this with Tranquill and now it seems to be the mantra of the class.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Bookmarking for potential use later...

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  I hear ya, but being a D1 prospect doesn't make you capable of becoming a difference maker. We need difference makers. If this kid came in late in the cycle as a depth/project type guy, then yes... I would be psyched.

But it is apparently obvious that we filling NEED POSITIONS with project players instead of simply landing the elite prospects necessary to compete for championships.

I was saying this with Tranquill and now it seems to be the mantra of the class.
                                                                                                  im telling you when you see his highlights you won't say that..I know they are just highlights but looking at his vs others of higher rank easily compares

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    I want this kid to be part of the 2014 class. Hell of a find. Looks like Shembo in his video. Curious how he does in pass coverage though
                                                                                                    http://irishtp.com/

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X